Xbox One freezing and crashing

#1 Posted by Comic_Capers (1664 posts) -

I have a second-hand Xbox One purchased in May 2015. Recently my console has just started randomly freezing during games and sometimes the console will restart itself when this happens. Is this a sign my console may need replacing (I'm looking to get an Xbox One S anyway) or is there a way to fix this?

#2 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (17725 posts) -

@Comic_Capers said:

I have a second-hand Xbox One purchased in May 2015. Recently my console has just started randomly freezing during games and sometimes the console will restart itself when this happens. Is this a sign my console may need replacing (I'm looking to get an Xbox One S anyway) or is there a way to fix this?

Sounds like it's faulty to me. I'd go buy the S if you were looking to get one anyway.

#3 Posted by Comic_Capers (1664 posts) -

Oddly it only seems to happen with Watch Dogs 2 and FIFA 18 at the moment. If I get a S, all my save data is transferred over via The Cloud isn't it, so I only need to reinstall and redownload the games I have on my internal hard drive, right?

#5 Posted by SecretPolice (33977 posts) -

You really should just splurge for the X1X. You can thank me later. :P

#6 Posted by Comic_Capers (1664 posts) -

@SecretPolice: I don't have a 4K TV, would I really benefit from the improved features of the Xbox One X without one?

#7 Posted by SecretPolice (33977 posts) -

@Comic_Capers:

Absolutely, I been waiting for late this year models before getting a top tier 4K TV. I can tell that every freaking game in my library is much improved when playing on my X1X apposed to my OG X1 and the 100's of X1X specially Enhanced games are just awesome. Really is a sweet piece of tech and I've already seen some sweet bundles at a great price. Go for it. :)

#8 Posted by Comic_Capers (1664 posts) -

@SecretPolice: I'd like a One X but at the moment I'm only working part-time and a One X costs nearly as much as my entire monthly salary. Maybe when if I get more hours or a better-paying job I'll think about it, but I'll still wait until I have a 4K TV to get the best from it :/

#9 Posted by SecretPolice (33977 posts) -

@Comic_Capers:

Gotcha... The X1S is a real bargain these days as well so if money is tight than that's likely the best way to go. Happy gaming. :)

#10 Edited by Ranceporter (5 posts) -

Definitely sounds faulty to me.

#11 Edited by Comic_Capers (1664 posts) -

6 months on and the Xbox is still working but it's now crashing and freezing more frequently and with most games I play. It's definitely on the blink then you think?