Your thoughts and predictions for upcoming Xbox X018 Event?

  • 154 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
  • 4
Avatar image for rzxv04
#1 Posted by rzxv04 (284 posts) -

Your thoughts and predictions for upcoming Xbox X018 Event?

I'd love to see more features or added value of their services.

They're probably gonna announce new AAA games for XPC/PCboX. I hope it's their take on "movie games".

I wonder if the new Halo is more openworld sandbox, more like the earlier halos and less of 4 and 5 and with more rpg elements for SP. Perhaps something more meaty than Crysis 3's nanosuit upgrade system for SP but nothing as cumbersome as TW.

Gears will probably be seem more unchartified with more "emotions", ropes and maybe less tanky maneuvers but a new IP sounds better for that. MP will probably be the best for traditional TP.

How about new hardware? AR/VR? Discless box? Streaming showcases?

A public stance to mock Sony's censorship?

Avatar image for XVision84
#2 Posted by XVision84 (14466 posts) -

More studio acquisitions or related first party news. Microsoft's first party is a joke compared to Sony's. Their E3 reveal of acquired studios was good but they were also minor studios. The best one of the bunch was Ninja Theory, still a far cry from Sony's offerings.

Avatar image for lamprey263
#3 Edited by lamprey263 (35737 posts) -

I am going to be pissed if they say Dolby Vision support for games and UI because since last update I had to cancel Netflix because it detects DV support but it doesn't work on a good number of TVs and since it is supposed to be the superior format it defaults to it, never mind three separate companies dropped the ball, the TV maker, MS, and Netflix for not giving users ability to chose UHD format preferences, all only have an on/off switch that would enable or disable all UHD content. I thought downgrading my Netflix to standard would help but didn't since the DV is baked into the app UI.

Avatar image for BigBadBully
#4 Posted by BigBadBully (2019 posts) -

Xcloud info, seems likely since beta will be starting in 2019.

Crackdown 3 update/shown

Studio acquisitions, likely that Obsidian gets officially announced? Also heard loose talk on twitter about Turtle Rock also getting acquired.

Maybe some tidbits on what all the studios are doing.

Teaser of Playground Games secret game(Fable)

More news on Sea of Thieves and State of Decay 2

Keyboard/mouse support info

Gamepass coming to pc info

Then maybe some talk about next gen consoles

Avatar image for fedor
#5 Posted by Fedor (3333 posts) -

Next gen console talk and new services I'd assume.

Avatar image for JustPlainLucas
#6 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78853 posts) -

Honestly. I just want to hear them confirm, like locked down, a release date for CrackDown 3 because I honestly don't believe it'll make it in February.

Avatar image for hrt_rulz01
#7 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17948 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

More studio acquisitions or related first party news. Microsoft's first party is a joke compared to Sony's. Their E3 reveal of acquired studios was good but they were also minor studios. The best one of the bunch was Ninja Theory, still a far cry from Sony's offerings.

Playground Games is a "minor studio"?? They have hundreds of employees. And I don't think The Initiative is minor either. Either is Ninja Theory for the matter.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to expect from the event. I can't imagine we'll get any announcements from their new studios yet, as they'll save them for E3. Same with showing off more Halo Infinite. But I'm thinking we'll get release dates and gameplay for Crackdown 3 & Ori 2. And maybe some more Gears 5 info.

Plus we might get a few hardware reveals, like the supposed new Elite controller. But other than that, maybe the Obsidian acquisition will be announced there.

And I'd be very surprised if they detail anything about next gen consoles. It's way too soon.

Avatar image for XVision84
#8 Posted by XVision84 (14466 posts) -
@hrt_rulz01 said:
@XVision84 said:

More studio acquisitions or related first party news. Microsoft's first party is a joke compared to Sony's. Their E3 reveal of acquired studios was good but they were also minor studios. The best one of the bunch was Ninja Theory, still a far cry from Sony's offerings.

Playground Games is a "minor studio"?? They have hundreds of employees. And I don't think The Initiative is minor either. Either is Ninja Theory for the matter.

Anyway, I'm not sure what to expect from the event. I can't imagine we'll get any announcements from their new studios yet, as they'll save them for E3. Same with showing off more Halo Infinite. But I'm thinking we'll get release dates and gameplay for Crackdown 3 & Ori 2. And maybe some more Gears 5 info.

Plus we might get a few hardware reveals, like the supposed new Elite controller. But other than that, maybe the Obsidian acquisition will be announced there.

And I'd be very surprised if they detail anything about next gen consoles. It's way too soon.

I forgot about Playground Games, they're definitely not minor. They've just been releasing games for Microsoft platforms anyways so I didn't factor that in, but they're a great pick up.

Ninja Theory is definitely minor. They're a very small studio. They did an excellent job with Hellblade and release quality content, but they don't have a history of creating substantial/heavy-hitter projects (like god of war or uncharted).

The Initiative is new and unproven. They've hired some good talent though.

I don't doubt that these studios may turn out to be great, but Microsoft needs big name studios sooner rather than later. They need to secure exclusives for their next platform so they don't get a repeat of this gen. It's not often that a newly formed studio's first game ends up being amazing, so getting a studio that already has a track record with big projects (AKA Obsidian) might be better for the short term.

Of course, I can easily be wrong and The Initiative's first game can end up being fantastic, but this is just speculation on what I've seen in my time with gaming.

Avatar image for drlostrib
#9 Posted by DrLostRib (4367 posts) -

maybe they'll bring Usher back

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
#10 Posted by ProtossRushX (4711 posts) -

it'll be garbo

Avatar image for daredevils2k
#11 Posted by Daredevils2k (1801 posts) -

I predict that they will present a power Point sales chart showing how they outsold last year’s numbers for the X1X and claim that this year XB1x sales number rose to a staggering 10000%.

Then the lemmings willl immediately come here and post about it. but leaving one thing out! , last year’s sales numbers lol.

Avatar image for rzxv04
#12 Posted by rzxv04 (284 posts) -

@fedor said:

Next gen console talk and new services I'd assume.

Some tidbits, teases and drops would be interesting.

@daredevils2k said:

I predict that they will present a power Point sales chart showing how they outsold last year’s numbers for the X1X and claim that this year XB1x sales number rose to a staggering 10000%.

Then the lemmings willl immediately come here and post about it. but leaving one thing out! , last year’s sales numbers lol.

That's nice. Goes inline with the good deals on 1X in USA. Check deal sites there's been a lot of Xbox deals. Hope they win the next two NPDs to light a fire in Sony's ***. Tense Sony sounds good to me since I prefer them on an aggressive prosumer stance like they slapped XB around the room with MS's BS no used games policy.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
#13 Posted by PC_Rocks (1434 posts) -

Of course, they will announce they have acquired EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Take Two, Bethesda, Deep Silver. If I missed any publisher add it to the list.

Avatar image for rzxv04
#14 Posted by rzxv04 (284 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:

Of course, they will announce they have acquired EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Take Two, Bethesda, Deep Silver. If I missed any publisher add it to the list.

That'd be amazing. But to be more grounded I don't mind seeing MS announce AAA exclusive projects from those devs/pubs.

Avatar image for Gaming-Planet
#15 Edited by Gaming-Planet (19658 posts) -

Xbox streaming service and tease next gen as well.

You'll be able to stream games on your smart phone or any other device.

Avatar image for pc_rocks
#16 Posted by PC_Rocks (1434 posts) -

@rzxv04 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Of course, they will announce they have acquired EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Take Two, Bethesda, Deep Silver. If I missed any publisher add it to the list.

That'd be amazing. But to be more grounded I don't mind seeing MS announce AAA exclusive projects from those devs/pubs.

Check your sarcasm meter, mate.

Avatar image for rzxv04
#17 Posted by rzxv04 (284 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@rzxv04 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Of course, they will announce they have acquired EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Take Two, Bethesda, Deep Silver. If I missed any publisher add it to the list.

That'd be amazing. But to be more grounded I don't mind seeing MS announce AAA exclusive projects from those devs/pubs.

Check your sarcasm meter, mate.

I know as I've said a grounded alternative. I'm actually interested in a Ubisoft AAA 2nd party game from either Sony or MS on a related matter.

Avatar image for Sevenizz
#18 Posted by Sevenizz (2214 posts) -

@daredevils2k: Sony does the boring show thing, not Microsoft.

Avatar image for SecretPolice
#19 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

They'll announce the acquisition of both Phony and Nintendont and then announce they're shutting them down. lol :P

Anyway, what others have already said plus maybe something more on Halo; Infinite. :D

Avatar image for pc_rocks
#20 Posted by PC_Rocks (1434 posts) -

@rzxv04 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@rzxv04 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Of course, they will announce they have acquired EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Take Two, Bethesda, Deep Silver. If I missed any publisher add it to the list.

That'd be amazing. But to be more grounded I don't mind seeing MS announce AAA exclusive projects from those devs/pubs.

Check your sarcasm meter, mate.

I know as I've said a grounded alternative. I'm actually interested in a Ubisoft AAA 2nd party game from either Sony or MS on a related matter.

Who cares, Ubisoft stopped making good games after PS2 gen.

Avatar image for rzxv04
#21 Posted by rzxv04 (284 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@rzxv04 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@rzxv04 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Of course, they will announce they have acquired EA, Ubisoft, Activision, Take Two, Bethesda, Deep Silver. If I missed any publisher add it to the list.

That'd be amazing. But to be more grounded I don't mind seeing MS announce AAA exclusive projects from those devs/pubs.

Check your sarcasm meter, mate.

I know as I've said a grounded alternative. I'm actually interested in a Ubisoft AAA 2nd party game from either Sony or MS on a related matter.

Who cares, Ubisoft stopped making good games after PS2 gen.

MS would have to be more involved with the design and development but Ubi seems great with tools. They had that motion matching before anyone else which seems to be the standard for new games with great animations. It'd be a new IP. Then again I think ID would be also good unless they're too busy with something else.

Avatar image for ajstyles
#22 Edited by AJStyles (247 posts) -

I think Microsoft doubles down on screwing the customer over and announces a streaming only console.

They announce that Game Pass will be getting a dozen “new” games(aka old stuff).

4 New Controllers announced. (Master Chief Green, Gears Blue, Forza Red and a special Crackdown controller that is literally pre cracked in half allowing younger gamers to easily break it in frustration when the full game releases).

Celebrity endorsement. I have no idea who. Probably some rapper who likes Xbox.

Forza DLC.

Gears 5 Teaser Trailer featuring a mostly female cast with the goal of taking down the hoard patriarchy(lol).

Halo Teaser featuring nothing at all to do with the final game. Instead of a sand desert/poncho , Master Chief is on a snow planet wearing a winter coat and building a fire in a cave.

Avatar image for xantufrog
#23 Posted by xantufrog (10093 posts) -

I'd like an Age of Empires update

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#24 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8038 posts) -

Next splinter cell announcement.

thats what im waiting.

Avatar image for warmblur
#25 Posted by warmblur (1117 posts) -

I predict a next gen tease and then they will announce the next xbox at E3 and release it in the fall Sony will release their next console in 2020 my guess.

Avatar image for davillain-
#26 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

All I really want to hear is, Master Chief Collection finally coming to PC please MS!

Avatar image for pc_rocks
#27 Posted by PC_Rocks (1434 posts) -

@rzxv04 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@rzxv04 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@rzxv04 said:

That'd be amazing. But to be more grounded I don't mind seeing MS announce AAA exclusive projects from those devs/pubs.

Check your sarcasm meter, mate.

I know as I've said a grounded alternative. I'm actually interested in a Ubisoft AAA 2nd party game from either Sony or MS on a related matter.

Who cares, Ubisoft stopped making good games after PS2 gen.

MS would have to be more involved with the design and development but Ubi seems great with tools. They had that motion matching before anyone else which seems to be the standard for new games with great animations. It'd be a new IP. Then again I think ID would be also good unless they're too busy with something else.

But then even MS isn't good with design and development. Their last games with actual risk or innovation was also from Xbox gen.

Avatar image for shellcase86
#28 Posted by shellcase86 (4115 posts) -

Not too familiar w/ Xbox events, but I'd expect them to announce something regarding first party games and go into detail on how they're expanding/improving some of their services.

Avatar image for phbz
#29 Posted by phbz (3835 posts) -

We'll see Halo running on new hardware.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#30 Posted by Archangel3371 (26443 posts) -

Not really sure what to expect but I would love to see more on Halo Infinite and Gears of War 5.

Avatar image for heathen75
#31 Posted by HEATHEN75 (500 posts) -

I have no expectations as I don't follow these type of events or whatever they are. I don't need 2 years of hype on products before they come out. I just wait till things are released and buy if I like or ignore if I don't.

Avatar image for knight-k
#32 Posted by knight-k (2167 posts) -

MS will finally capitulate and admit Sony is king.

They'll announce to go full third party and we'll play halo 6 on PS5.

Avatar image for rzxv04
#33 Posted by rzxv04 (284 posts) -

I'd be down for a native, proper m/k support for the console at least for games that are announced after implementation.

Avatar image for ahmedkhan1994
#34 Posted by ahmedkhan1994 (573 posts) -

@knight-k: one can only hope.

Avatar image for dark_drag765
#35 Edited by dark_drag765 (908 posts) -

I’m going in with the extremely low expectations and still expecting to be disappointed

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#36 Edited by Shewgenja (20823 posts) -

Is the Obsidian thing out of the bag, yet? Also, expecting a teaser for Scarlet but not an actual reveal.

Avatar image for rzxv04
#37 Posted by rzxv04 (284 posts) -

@Shewgenja said:

Is the Obsidian thing out of the bag, yet? Also, expecting a teaser for Scarlet but not an actual reveal.

I guess some hints and there. An actual teaser trailer would be great.

Avatar image for svaubel
#38 Posted by svaubel (4094 posts) -

Couldn't care less. Ive only bought 1 Xbox game this whole year.

The vast majority of my gaming time is on Switch and PC.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#39 Posted by GarGx1 (10562 posts) -

More new games for Windows 10 PC :)

Avatar image for rzxv04
#40 Posted by rzxv04 (284 posts) -

@pc_rocks said:
@rzxv04 said:
@pc_rocks said:
@rzxv04 said:
@pc_rocks said:

Check your sarcasm meter, mate.

I know as I've said a grounded alternative. I'm actually interested in a Ubisoft AAA 2nd party game from either Sony or MS on a related matter.

Who cares, Ubisoft stopped making good games after PS2 gen.

MS would have to be more involved with the design and development but Ubi seems great with tools. They had that motion matching before anyone else which seems to be the standard for new games with great animations. It'd be a new IP. Then again I think ID would be also good unless they're too busy with something else.

But then even MS isn't good with design and development. Their last games with actual risk or innovation was also from Xbox gen.

Maybe they've been watching Sony like a hawk and going from that on what to make next. They're cooking something for sure and I can only hope for the best. If they don't I'm gonna be a tiny bit sad.

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#41 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

Hoping for a trailer of sorts for Playgrounds (rumoured to be a new Fable) game.

Confirmation that Terry Crews is NOT the main playable character in Crackdown 3 because if he is its a no buy from me.

Confirmation on what MS new studios are doing, in are they making new XB1/X games or are they making next gen games instead.

Avatar image for dark_drag765
#42 Posted by dark_drag765 (908 posts) -

@i_p_daily:

Why how can someone hate Terry Crews, is it because he is involved in the #metoo movement? Kind of bigoted to assume just because he is a man that he can not be harassed

Avatar image for i_p_daily
#43 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@dark_drag765 said:

@i_p_daily:

Why how can someone hate Terry Crews, is it because he is involved in the #metoo movement? Kind of bigoted to assume just because he is a man that he can not be harassed

WOW you're special aren't you, for one I don't hate him, I hate the fact he is always yelling at the screen and I find it annoying. Secondly WTF does the metoo movement have to do with this. Judging from your other comment in this thread it is you who is doing the hating in here.

Avatar image for dark_drag765
#44 Posted by dark_drag765 (908 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Fair enough. That is kind of his Schtick. I can understand how that much raw manhood that he radiates with his commanding voice/presence could make others jealous/annoyed... I for one am not ashamed to let men be men and to play as a manly man in a game. That being said I never played a crackdown game but since it will be on game pass I will give it a whirl

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#45 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2411 posts) -

@i_p_daily: When is Terry Crews always yelling at the screen? That’s not his usual schtick. If he did it in past Crackdown 3 marketing material, that’s on the Crackdown writers. Don’t fault Terry Crews for that...

Avatar image for tigerbalm
#46 Posted by Tigerbalm (1026 posts) -

Fill Sphinter will thrill Xbox Fanatics with more smoke and mirrors to string the along until 2 years into the next generation for now underwhelming series Halo .

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#47 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3292 posts) -
@daredevils2k said:

I predict that they will present a power Point sales chart showing how they outsold last year’s numbers for the X1X and claim that this year XB1x sales number rose to a staggering 10000%.

Then the lemmings willl immediately come here and post about it. but leaving one thing out! , last year’s sales numbers lol.

Right? 2017 was Xbox One's worst year. Everyone was waiting to see what the X1X would be like, and then things went back to normal after it was revealed to be out of most console gamers' price range. The only difference this year is more price cuts than usual.

Avatar image for tormentos
#49 Posted by tormentos (28000 posts) -

Best looking version of multiplatforms (ignoring PC) and no exclusive whatsoever.

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#50 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1518 posts) -

I would buy Forza for PC if they announced DLC for Wales lol