Which of the Big Three would you want to purchase Sega/Atlus?

#1 Posted by MarkoftheSivak (183 posts) -

I just was wondering what you guys' thoughts would be on this.

I don't even own a Switch yet, but I would like Nintendo to get Sega/Atlus because I think I would be more likely to get the quirky Sega stuff, and Atlus jrpg's are great on the go.

#2 Posted by DoroG1995 (2147 posts) -

No one. Don't know why console fanboys love their favorite big 3 to but other publishers.(guess they are never satisfied with their exclusive games and want more)

#3 Posted by pelvist (7173 posts) -

I wish Valve would buy Nintendo.

#4 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20193 posts) -

Uh, what? SEGA Sammy isn't in trouble, and that includes SEGA Games Corporation.

#5 Posted by madrocketeer (5747 posts) -

How about no one? How about we cut it back a bit on the market consolidation and maintain some semblance of choice and competition?

#6 Posted by uninspiredcup (28602 posts) -

Whoever can give Phantasy Star it's dignity back.

Loading Video...

#7 Posted by Mandzilla (1918 posts) -

@pelvist: Nintendo games on a PC would be cool, but I don't think it's ever gonna happen.

#8 Posted by DaVillain- (32431 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

@pelvist: Nintendo games on a PC would be cool, but I don't think it's ever gonna happen.

Well, you can kinda play Super Mario Odyssey on PC but we won't mention this to the mods :P

#9 Posted by Sevenizz (2033 posts) -

The last time I saw a Sega logo on a game I bought was Alien Isolation and I have never purchased an Atlus game. Obviously I don’t care for either but I wouldn’t want them to go solely to one brand. As a non Switch owner, why would you want me to have less gaming options in case either company made a game I’d want?

#10 Edited by Mandzilla (1918 posts) -

@davillain-: Yup, I hear you get burned at the stake for that type of witchcraft!

#11 Edited by robert_sparkes (1524 posts) -

As an xbox owner I would say ms but the games wouldn't sell to be truthful.

I haven't played an atlas game in a long time.

#12 Posted by superbuuman (6347 posts) -

None, if SEGA is doing fine financially as is...leave it as is. :P

#13 Posted by adsparky (1165 posts) -

No one, but if the worst happens then Sony.

#14 Posted by AJStyles (179 posts) -

Sony PlayStation makes the most financial sense.

#15 Posted by sakaiXx (4010 posts) -

None. Sega games needs to be multiplatform and atlus persona/smt series should just be sold to sony.

#16 Posted by Valgaav_219 (1900 posts) -

@sakaixx said:

None. Sega games needs to be multiplatform and atlus persona/smt series should just be sold to sony.

#17 Posted by DocSanchez (4876 posts) -

Sega is a sleeping tiger. You don't own a tiger and put it in a cage and expect it to behave like a tiger still. You let it roam free. It's been doing much better as of late, and I don't want them owned by someone else who will cut their nuts off. So the answer is no one.

It would make better business sense for MS to buy them, they lack recognition in the east and they also could do with more developers, but they would ruin them.

#18 Posted by onesiphorus (2560 posts) -

@dorog1995 said:

No one. Don't know why console fanboys love their favorite big 3 to but other publishers.(guess they are never satisfied with their exclusive games and want more)

The reason is that they are "fanboys." That is why.

#19 Posted by Zappat (945 posts) -

None, better if they stay independent. But if someone must buy them I hope Sony, Sony has a good way to support niche quality titles like they did with Team ICO. In case Persona games are ever in danger I think Sony would stick behind them and the Sony audience would buy them because Sony has probably the most diverse gamer audience from the big 3 console makers.

#20 Posted by xantufrog (9820 posts) -

@zappat: I was about to post this exact same thing

#21 Posted by Zappat (945 posts) -
@xantufrog said:

@zappat: I was about to post this exact same thing

Great minds think alike :D

#22 Posted by rzxv04 (237 posts) -

I'm not sure. Maybe Nintendo fits their power profile and as a Nintendo First Party, they might have a larger potential. Sony is probably the most obvious answer though.

MS might be needing them the most as a JP representative on the team?

#23 Posted by GarGx1 (10413 posts) -

Nope