Whats your 2019 most anticipated FPS?

• 98 results
Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) 12 days, 6 minutes ago

Poll: Whats your 2019 most anticipated FPS? (61 votes)

Doom Eternal 25%
Metro Exodus 36%
RAGE 2 7%
Atomic Heart 3%
Far Cry New Down 8%
Wolfenstein youngblood 8%
Whatever the next call of duty is 13%

Hello friends,

2019 just started and in this thread we discuss our most anticipated FPS of 2019. 2019 looks to be excellent year for FPS as in the year where Doom and Metro coming out in same year. so lets talk about our most anticipated FPS shall we? excluding hybrids like Cyberpunk 2077 and The Outer worlds and excluding games that has no 2019 release date like witchfire and Halo infinite.

Metro Exodus

No Caption Provided

Doom Eternal

No Caption Provided

Rage 2

No Caption Provided

Atomic Heart

No Caption Provided

Far Cry New Down

No Caption Provided

Wolfenstein youngblood

No Caption Provided

so friends, whats the most anticipated 2019 FPS?

#51 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@dorog1995 said:

I would have liked Doom 5 more if them made it a sequel to original Doom 3. Arena shooters get boring really fast Doom 4 was too boring.( just kill enemies,go to the next room repeat)

I replayed Doom 3 recently and that was far less boring than Doom 4.

Im one of few who also really liked Doom 3. Doom 3 and 4 are 2 different game so lets not compare them. i like both of them equally.

if they made sequel to Doom 3. Doom fans would have hated it since Doom 3 was one of the most hated game of its time.

#52 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

so Metro Exodus is leading with Doom Eternal behind. im surprised more people like Metro more than Doom as Doom is far more popular and Metro is niche franchise.

Im hoping if Titanfall 3 release this year because analyst predict and respawn are working on it along with star wars. if so than 2019 can become one of the best year for FPS.

#53 Posted by Litchie (22863 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

so Metro Exodus is leading with Doom Eternal behind. im surprised more people like Metro more than Doom as Doom is far more popular and Metro is niche franchise.

It saddens me a little bit. DOOM > Metro.

Metro is more like a CoD and works pretty well on consoles. That's probably the main reason why it's more popular. People who cares about DOOM are mostly old school PC gamers, and we're a dying breed.

#54 Posted by Litchie (22863 posts) -
@dorog1995 said:

I would have liked Doom 5 more if them made it a sequel to original Doom 3. Arena shooters get boring really fast Doom 4 was too boring.( just kill enemies,go to the next room repeat)

Yup. Wasn't a fan of the arena events going on throughout the whole game either. DOOM 3 is very underrated and very awesome. It scared me sometimes, just like the old DOOM games did. Had great level design, and awesome monster designs. The monster designs in DOOM 4 are way worse than 3 and looks like plushie toys in comparison.

I liked DOOM 4, but I really, REALLY hope Eternal isn't like it with those arena events. I want it to be more like DOOM 1, 2 and 3.

#55 Edited by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Metro is more like a CoD and works pretty well on consoles. That's probably the main reason why it's more popular. People who cares about DOOM are mostly old school PC gamers, and we're a dying breed.

but we are not talking bout 2033 and last light.

Exodus is different breed. its basically More like STALKER. and will probably have more depth than Doom by far.

btw im expecting Metro Exodus to be one of the best game ever made. if it manage to combine STALKER immersive world into Metro story and characters with improved gameplay. what else we can ask for?

#56 Edited by DoroG1995 (2507 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

if they made sequel to Doom 3. Doom fans would have hated it since Doom 3 was one of the most hated game of its time.

No. Everyone loved Doom 3 when it came out. At that time no one cared about arena shooters anymore.

@Litchie said:

Yup. Wasn't a fan of the arena events going on throughout the whole game either. DOOM 3 is very underrated and very awesome. It scared me sometimes, just like the old DOOM games did. Had great level design, and awesome monster designs. The monster designs in DOOM 4 are way worse than 3 and looks like plushie toys in comparison.

I liked DOOM 4, but I really, REALLY hope Eternal isn't like it with those arena events. I want it to be more like DOOM 1, 2 and 3.

Doom 4 only had better combat and even then in harder difficulties it was kinda unbalanced.(Many times I died due to enemies attacking me outside of camera while I was fighting other enemies.)

Doom 4 lacked variety in gameplay and it made the game boring for me.(Doom 3 had far better variety in levels.)

#57 Posted by Litchie (22863 posts) -
@dorog1995 said:

Doom 4 only had better combat and even then in harder difficulties it was kinda unbalanced.(Many times I died due to enemies attacking me outside of camera while I was fighting other enemies.)

Doom 4 lacked variety in gameplay and it made the game boring for me.(Doom 3 had far better variety in levels.)

I don't understand the bold. All FPS are like that, at least they should be. I don't want enemies to stop shooting at me just because I don't look at them.

#58 Posted by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Exodus is different breed. its basically More like STALKER. and will probably have more depth than Doom by far.

btw im expecting Metro Exodus to be one of the best game ever made. if it manage to combine STALKER immersive world into Metro story and characters with improved gameplay. what else we can ask for?

What story? You call that a story? No wonder you bash 'movie games' as they contain more story then your brain can handle.

#59 Edited by robert_sparkes (1997 posts) -

Was never interested much in the metro series. For whatever reason it didn't grab me maybe it was the slow pace. Doom was a blast to play love the feel of the weapons.

#60 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@Litchie said:
@ghosts4ever said:

What story? You call that a story? No wonder you bash 'movie games' as they contain more story then your brain can handle.

both metro games have some of the best stories ever.

#61 Posted by SecretPolice (34325 posts) -

Halo Elite, SP Only campaign in 2019. :D

http://gamerant.com/halo-infinite-single-player-2019-multiplayer-2020/

Doubt it's true tho. :P

#62 Posted by uninspiredcup (29939 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@uninspiredcup said:

Young Blood looks like tumblr users with guns.

Not playing that shit.

exactly. when there is good (Metro, Doom) there is bad (wolfenstein)

i include it because im not bias. but wolfenstein games are so bad that made COD good. infact i rather play COD than new wolfenstien games.

They basically are Call Of Duty games now, without MP. Return To Castle Wolfenstein deliver incredible SP and astounding team MP. One of the best FPS made.

This shit doesn't even have sexy Nazi's, just ugly tumblr woman and some dickhead stealing Rocky quotes.

RTCW was amazing game. only good wolfenstein game.

but calling wolfenstein new order and colossus a COD is insult because COD 1 and 2 were really good with 2 being best in series still.

even modern warfare 1 and 2 are billion times better than wolfenstein games and they are not even a good games lol.

wolfenstein 2 is like among the worst game this generation with tomb raider.

Na, ET was MP masterpiece and one of the best free2play games made.

Incredible, incredible.

#63 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@lundy86_4 said:

Definitely Call of Duty.

I don't know. Infinity Ward is hit or miss. I hope it's another hit.

infinity ward actually made only good COD games ie COD1 and 2.

replaying COD2 after long time still feel great. it makes me missed pure WW2 FPS as today WW2 FPS are like battlefield V. COD2 is easily best and most varied SP in series. its also the longest COD game.

#64 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (24932 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

We'll see how close Exodus comes to the STALKER games. If I don't think it does, it'll be my turn to act like a purist and start b*tch*ng and moaning about it. He He. ;)

Even more so if Exodus acts like its predecessors. 2033 and Last Light definitely felt like a post-apocalypse CoD. That didn't make them any less fun when played the first time. They just didn't have staying power once played through.

Quite honestly, I thought it was the Metro games that could have benefited from DLC. The way each stage was arranged like chapters. Linear and easy to branch off elsewhere....then meet back at some point to continue the main game.

#65 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29774 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

World at War bro

#66 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

World at War bro

yeah and that too. the problem is american campaign was bad and soviet campaign was good. still no whear near good as COD2 and it feel waay too linear.

#67 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29774 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:

yeah and that too. the problem is american campaign was bad and soviet campaign was good. still no whear near good as COD2 and it feel waay too linear.

Yeah, Infinity Ward peaked with Call of Duty 2 and COD 4: Modern Warfare was groundbreaking as well.

Wasn't that game's fault that so many weak modern warfare knockoffs started to appear.

#68 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

Yeah, Infinity Ward peaked with Call of Duty 2 and COD 4: Modern Warfare was groundbreaking as well.

Wasn't that game's fault that so many weak modern warfare knockoffs started to appear.

didnot liked COD4 much as COD2. the american campaign in middle east was trash and definition of generic. british sas missions were ok. modern warfare 2 was better in every way.

#69 Posted by enzyme36 (3908 posts) -

Rage 2 gets my vote... but also looking forward to Doom and Metro

#70 Posted by Renegade_Fury (20324 posts) -

Doom: Eternal. I'm not interested in the rest.

#71 Edited by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@enzyme36 said:

im actually surprised more people voted COD than Rage 2.

although i was very hype for Rage 2 but my hype is slowly down after VGA trailer. and poor quality of both Just cause 2 and 3 by avalanche. still looking forward to it as its going to be fun game but thats it.

#72 Posted by enzyme36 (3908 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@enzyme36 said:

im actually surprised more people voted COD than Rage 2.

although i was very hype for Rage 2 but my hype is slowly down after VGA trailer. and poor quality of both Just cause 2 and 3 by avalanche. still looking forward to it as its going to be fun game but thats it.

Im pretty sure they still think Bethesda is making the game... and Bethesda makes people get their jimmies in a twist.

To me Rage looks like it has quite the huge map to explore and the areas all look interesting. Give me some skill trees and some tight shooting and I will be fine. But you are right... that live action trailer did them no favors. Nor did the Rage concert at e3.

#73 Posted by GarGx1 (10712 posts) -

Cyberpunk 2077

Metro Exodus

Rage 2

Odd that the omits one of the biggest games of this year (potentially) due to his personal bias. Here's me thinking he's a balanced and fair poster.

#74 Edited by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

Cyberpunk 2077

Metro Exodus

Rage 2

Odd that the omits one of the biggest games of this year (potentially) due to his personal bias. Here's me thinking he's a balanced and fair poster.

its not bias. i mention in OP that we are not including hybrids otherwise outer world is also FPS/RPG hybrid and i didnot include it too.

plus cyberpunk wont release before 2020. 2 thing i included in OP. 2019 and FPS (not hybrids).

#75 Posted by FlawlessPoop (130 posts) -

definitely the new DOOM, really enjoyed the last one. that cable thingy\scorpion pull looks great.

#76 Posted by jeezers (2096 posts) -

@Litchie said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Litchie said:
@i_p_daily said:
@Litchie said:

Yeah, it sucks so much playing the same games as you with better graphics. Sucks!

Yeah, and it sucks when you over pay for those better graphics lol.

If you're poor it's better to go with consoles. I've personally no need to hamper my gaming like that though.

So you think that because people own consoles they are poor lol, I have a PC that I brought 2yrs ago for a $1000 and it does nothing but sits in the corner and my youngest plays one of the Asphalt games on it, sorry to break it to you but there are people out there who don't care for PC gaming or graphics for that matter.

So I take it your a full herm with no consoles right?

Never said everyone with consoles and no PC is poor. I just find it a bit weird to hamper your gaming when you can afford not to. Buying a $1000 PC when you don't really want one is also weird.

No, I'm not a "full herm". Got my Nintendo consoles.

its not that wierd i have always had a decent pc for adobe software/video editing with gaming as a secondary interest on it. i game on it significantly less than my switch and playstation, frostpunk, dota 2, C&C, wow, quake champions, things i cant get on my consoles tho ill play from time to time.

#77 Posted by Valgaav_219 (2037 posts) -

Cyberpunk 2077 and Farcry New Dawn

#78 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (18116 posts) -

There's not a hope in hell that Cyberpunk is coming this year people...

#79 Posted by npiet1 (1412 posts) -

I'm looking forward to all of them, not many great FPS this year. I'm really looking forward to Wolfenstein. I want to know if they have continued the Id timeline. So far it makes sense.

#80 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

So it appears that only 2 games are leading by very large margin Doom and Metro and everything falls under. this is just one sided beat up instead of comparison. with Metro is leading. and rest of games are very low. how come COD has more voted than Rage 2??

#81 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29774 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

So it appears that only 2 games are leading by very large margin Doom and Metro and everything falls under. this is just one sided beat up instead of comparison. with Metro is leading. and rest of games are very low. how come COD has more voted than Rage 2??

COD is still selling the most out of any FPS franchise.

Avalanche on the other hand, as much as I want to like Rage 2, is just making flop after flop.

#82 Edited by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@ghosts4ever said:

COD is still selling the most out of any FPS franchise.

Avalanche on the other hand, as much as I want to like Rage 2, is just making flop after flop.

COD is selling and end up being most hated game of year despite best selling too. its just a brand name that sell.

When i heard Rage 2 is joint production game by id and avalanche i was hype. then i heard its avalanche only game and my hype was slow down. the reason is avalanche only truely great game was just cause 2. didnot liked mad max and JC3 and 4 failed. and instead of using id tech 6. its using apex engine which has underwelmingly debut.

the id software B team lead by tim willits is assisting them. A team by marty stratton and hug martin is only doing Doom Eternal. which looks amazing and will sell either its not steam or not.

Rage 2 im expecting it to be decent 7/10 game while Metro Exodus and Doom Eternal as 10/10 Masterpiece games.

id software would have never made wacky Rage 2. they would have made a serious game.

#83 Posted by sukraj (27846 posts) -

mETRO Exodus

Rage 2

Doom Eternal

FC nEW Dawn

#84 Posted by djoffer (975 posts) -

Far cry with doom as a close second! Really liked FC5 and looking forward to the next!

Doom is just good brainlessold schooled fun and the last one was surprisingly good!

#85 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

One more reason why Metro Exodus winning

and another of his tweet

http://twitter.com/SkillUpYT/status/1085024801800867840

seriously its becoming one of the all time greatest FPS.

#86 Posted by thereal25 (1662 posts) -

@dorog1995 said:

So true. I just don't get the endless praise for the latest Doom installments. As you said Doom 3 was far superior.

anyway, of the list of fps I think Rage 2 looks the most appealing to me, though I'd prefer it if they'd sell it through steam.

#87 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (24932 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:

seriously its becoming one of the all time greatest FPS.

That remains to be seen. Wait until it's available to everyone and they start dissecting the game bit by bit.

Obviously, the more hype goes into the game, the more it's put under a microscope.

More than likely, the loudest noise will be made by those who probably shouldn't be playing it in the first place. Standard operating procedure here at System Wars.

#88 Posted by bussinrounds (3066 posts) -

Don't really anticipate shit or know when they're coming out, but maybe Ion Maiden or Ready or Not.

#89 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@bussinrounds said:

Don't really anticipate shit or know when they're coming out, but maybe Ion Maiden or Ready or Not.

Have you played any of Metro or STALKER games?

STALKER SoC is still greatest FPS of all time and metro is best linear story driven FPS series that is becoming semi open in the vein of STALKER.

#90 Edited by bussinrounds (3066 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@bussinrounds said:

STALKER SoC is still greatest FPS of all time and metro is best linear story driven FPS series that is becoming semi open in the vein of STALKER.

I like STALKER, but never played any of the Metro games. (heard they were more linear & scripted, which didn't exactly put me in any rush to play them)

#91 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@bussinrounds said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@bussinrounds said:

I like STALKER, but never played any of the Metro games. (heard they were more linear & scripted, which didn't exactly put me in any rush to play them)

yes but they are still excellent.

however Metro Exodus is turning into STALKER so its big plus.

#92 Posted by with_teeth26 (9163 posts) -

easily Metro Exodus.

Last Light was a huge improvement over 2033, and my favorite game of 2013 - I can't wait to see what these guys have done with 5 years of development time.

very excited

#93 Posted by xHedon (91 posts) -

Halo Infinite.

#94 Posted by CTR360 (8631 posts) -

metro exodus by far

#95 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:

easily Metro Exodus.

Last Light was a huge improvement over 2033, and my favorite game of 2013 - I can't wait to see what these guys have done with 5 years of development time.

very excited

They are valve of today they deserve more credit.

if Metro Exodus get good sale and reviews. cant wait to see what they will do next.

#96 Edited by robert_sparkes (1997 posts) -

Excited to see the change in gears 5 seems a bit more story driven which is a big move.

FPS I'm waiting for more info on halo infinite and doom eternal.

#97 Posted by adamosmaki (10677 posts) -

@GarGx1: well this thread is about ghosts praising metro, doom and stalker and a also telling us how underrated rage is and at some point will bash cyberpunk and wouldn't surprise me one bit even if he starts bashing witcher 3 as well

As for me cyberpunk is my most anticipated thought i doubt it will come this year. Metro is also high up in my list

Doom as well but honestly this seems the same as doom 2016 and something that could have been a £20 expansion pack

#98 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8313 posts) -

@adamosmaki said:

Doom as well but honestly this seems the same as doom 2016 and something that could have been a £20 expansion pack

well it would be greatest expansion pack ever because i never seen expansion pack with new engine, new universe, different enemies, different weapons, more new mechanics etc...