Unofficial November Deals Thread with free Black Friday preview *while supplies last

#1 Edited by gamecubepad (7909 posts) -

With Halloween out of the way and November here to stay, I thought it might be a good time to put up a sort of unofficial Black Friday/November Deals thread. Here we'll post gaming related deals and our own personal most wanted items this holiday season.

-Black Friday Ad Leaks and Links-> TheBlackFriday.com

Playstation:

-1TB PS4 Spiderman bundle $199 -Target 2018 Black Friday Ad

-PS4 Wireless Controller $39 -Target 2018 Black Friday Ad

-Read Dead Redemption 2 $47 -Rakuten.com with promo "SNG8R" *Sold Out

Xbox:

-1TB X1S bundles, $70-100 off with 2 controllers+3-month Game Pass. *1TB Minecraft X1S list price $299, X1X FH4 $489. -Costco Black Friday Ad

-$399 X1X PUBG Bundle and $199 X1S 1TB Minecraft Bundle -Kohl's Black Friday Ad *Note Kohl's is also giving "Kohl's Cash" to be spent Nov. 24-Dec. 6. X1X would net $120 Kohl's Cash to spend later.

-1TB X1S Minecraft Bundle $199 -JCPenney Black Friday Ad

-Assassin's Creed Odyssey Xbox One $35 -Target Black Friday Ad

-Red Dead Redemption 2 $47 -Rakuten.com with promo code "SNG8R"

PC:

-WD Blue 1TB 3D NAND SATA III SSD $139 *Update $148 -Newegg

-Humble Bundles(Day of the Dev 2018, WB Classics) -HumbleBundle

-Free Destiny 2 base game -battle.net

-MSI DUKE GTX 1070ti 8GB with Monster Hunter: World game code $375 w/rebate -Newegg

Nintendo:

-Switch MK8 Deluxe Bundle at $299 -Target 2018 Black Friday Ad, Shopko Black Friday Ad

-2DS Mario Maker Bundle $79 -Target 2018 Black Friday Ad

Gaming Tech:

-

My most wanted items this season are PS4 Pro and 3DS XL. I'd be interested in a good deal on a GTX 1080ti or RTX 2070, but it would really have to be something major, so RTX is out. lol.

What say you SW? What's your most wanted gaming item this holiday season?

#2 Posted by AsadMahdi59 (7013 posts) -

Might grab a controller or two.

PSVR is also kind of tempting, but I think I can hold off for now,

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#3 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2411 posts) -

I need another Xbox One X and some DDR4 RAM. Also, if the Samsung 82" Q8FN would drop below $4K, that would be cool too.

#4 Edited by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

I'm just keeping an eye out for Ryzen 7: 2700X deal cause I'm ready to move away from Intel and I need that extra multitasking benefits as well.

Also TC, there's no such thing as RTX 1070, just RTX 2070 you mean right? You can get an RTX as low as $500 version with no backplate but from what I saw on benchmarks, it's not a bad GPU to say the least.

#5 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

@goldenelementxl:

If I may, what is the major difference between the Q8FN and the Q6FN?

Other than price that is. lol

#6 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2411 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

@goldenelementxl:

The Q8 has a full array backlight, 1500 nits brightness and "ultra black Elite"
The Q6 has a edge lit backlight, 1000 nits brightness and the blacks and HDR aren't quite as good.

#7 Edited by locus-solus (1076 posts) -

day of the dead humble bundle is a decent deal you can get Yooka-Laylee and Rime for 6.50 last another 10 days.

http://www.humblebundle.com/games/day-of-the-devs-2018?hmb_source=navbar&hmb_medium=product_tile&hmb_campaign=tile_index_6

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#8 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12508 posts) -

Target's coupon glitch a few months ago was better than any Black Friday deal lol. Ended up with a $190 Xbone X and a $110 Switch because of it. For holiday deals I'm mainly looking for non-gaming stuff this year. Need a new electric shaver, vacuum cleaner, boots and a jacket . And I'll probably pick up a couple games.

#9 Posted by PSP107 (17284 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: "Ended up with a $190 Xbone X and a $110 Switch because of it."

Really?

@goldenelementxl:"Also, if the Samsung 82" Q8FN would drop below $4K, that would be cool too."

Super Bowl at goldenelementxl's?

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#10 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12508 posts) -

@PSP107: Yep. It was a glitch where you could stack 6 15% off coupons plus a $20 off coupon. I would have got more stuff but I didn't want the employees to get too suspicious when I picked them up so I kept my store pickup order at 2 items. Some people were getting turned down by managers but most people were successfully getting their stuff. Some people were getting dirt cheap OLED TVs.

You should sign up to slickdeals and set it to get alerts on your phone. I get so many good deals because of it.

#11 Posted by MonsieurX (38384 posts) -

Waiting for a good price on a projector

#12 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2411 posts) -

@PSP107 said:

@goldenelementxl:"Also, if the Samsung 82" Q8FN would drop below $4K, that would be cool too."

Super Bowl at goldenelementxl's?

If hell froze over and the Lions made it to the Super Bowl, you're all invited!

#13 Posted by PSP107 (17284 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: "If hell froze over and the Lions made it to the Super Bowl"

Wow 2 requirements?

Forget the Lions. But what about the Pistons/Tigers/Red Wings winning it all?

#14 Edited by gamecubepad (7909 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag:

That's crazy. I was going to say you should have bought 2 sets and paid for yours by selling the others. They would've probably caught on to that.

@locus-solus:

I was considering getting that bundle since I don't have any of those games on PC. Just grabbed the mid-tier WB bundle for Bastion and Mad Max at $4.14, which is a good deal on it own.

If anybody wants a steam key for Injustice Ultimate, Arkham Origins *claimed, or Shadow of Mordor it says I can gift them, so just send me a PM and I'll hook it up. First come, first serve. 1 key per person.

#15 Edited by xantufrog (10097 posts) -

1070TI for $350

http://hiddenfallsgolfclub.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/psa-1070ti-down-to-350-temporarily-33445501/

#16 Posted by jcrame10 (4485 posts) -

Are Sea of Thieves and We Happy Few worth 35 bucks each?

#17 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:
@SecretPolice said:

@goldenelementxl:

The Q6 has a edge lit backlight, 1000 nits brightness and the blacks and HDR aren't quite as good.

Thanks for the info. :)

Avatar image for drummerdave9099
#18 Edited by drummerdave9099 (3931 posts) -

I need a new printer/copier. But those are already pretty cheap xD

No systems this year- just games, Switch particularly. Target has practically nothing! Anxiously waiting to see what Walmart and Gamestop have.

#19 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

Figured this may be the best place to put this.... PSA...

http://hiddenfallsgolfclub.com/articles/get-red-dead-redemption-2-for-47-ps4-xbox-one/1100-6463011/

For being this new and this game, seems like a steal to me. :P

#20 Posted by TryIt (12889 posts) -

60% off for Kerbal Space Program.

which seems about what I paid for it during early access

#21 Posted by knight-k (2171 posts) -

1TB PS4 Spiderman bundle $199

#22 Posted by VFighter (4040 posts) -

@tryit: Pssst, nobody cares.

#23 Posted by gamecubepad (7909 posts) -

@jcrame10 said:

Are Sea of Thieves and We Happy Few worth 35 bucks each?

My boys, my friend, and I all have Game Pass and we had a ton of fun with SoT for about a month, now we don't play it. I would say that money for SoT would be better put towards 3-month Game Pass and you'll have reaped what fun is too be had from it by then.

-

Thanks to everyone contributing to the thread. Things should pick up a bit once Wal-Mart, Amazon, and GameStop drop their ads. *P.S.- Still have Shadow of Mordor and Injustice Ultimate steam keys leftover from WB Humble Bundle. Let me know if ya want 'em.

#24 Posted by jcrame10 (4485 posts) -

@gamecubepad: nice, I did a little research and found out we happy few is a glitchy mess not worth money. Shame really

#25 Posted by PSP107 (17284 posts) -

@gamecubepad:

Wait, Sony is offering Spiderman while Nintendo is offering Mario Kart as they're respective bundle.

Why is Msoft offering Minecraft instead of Forza Horizon 4?

#26 Edited by kenshiro3948 (390 posts) -
@knight-k said:

1TB PS4 Spiderman bundle $199

LMAO!

I think I'll get Assassins Creed Odyssey if I can find it on sale and a PS4 controller. I've already bought too many games and hardware this year that I have no want for anything new. I'll just buy a few things this Black friday and try not to go on a spending spree like I've done on previous ones.

#27 Posted by VFighter (4040 posts) -

@kenshiro3948: A new ps4 controller is on my list, dark blue or that dark metallic grey would be great, and maybe Spiderman or god of war.

#28 Posted by kenshiro3948 (390 posts) -
@vfighter said:

@kenshiro3948: A new ps4 controller is on my list, dark blue or that dark metallic grey would be great, and maybe Spiderman or god of war.

I own a dark blue controller currently and I love it. A dark grey one would be nice to also add to my collection :)

#29 Edited by tocool340 (21274 posts) -

Still hoping for a better Switch bundle. Maybe with Breath of the Wild. Or hell, Smash Bros. Ultimate would be best for me...

I mean, does Nintendo KNOW what an actual sale/deal is? Always gotta be charging near regular price...

#30 Edited by gamecubepad (7909 posts) -

@PSP107:

That's just one of the bundles that's being offered. Seemingly the most common, but we'll see what Wal-Mart and GameStop have in their ads soon. Minecraft is huge and not offered on Game Pass like FH4. It's likely we'll see other bundles too. Hopefully a FH4 one like you mentioned.

#31 Posted by JoshRMeyer (10055 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: Post that next time! I would have got a switch for sure. But I'm gonna do that slick deals thing now. Thanks

#32 Posted by sonic_spark (5662 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:
@SecretPolice said:

@goldenelementxl:

Does the full array backlight experience "flashlighting"? I seem to have that problem on my 4k Sony 65" in the corners of my tv.

#33 Posted by PSP107 (17284 posts) -

@gamecubepad: "Minecraft is huge"

Is it bigger or equal than a Spiderman or Mario?

Call me selfish, but I think Msoft should have pack something more appealing. I personally never had an Xbox system in its 16/17 year run. A $199 XoneS sounds ok with a better game packed in.

#34 Posted by ahmedkhan1994 (573 posts) -

@NathanDrakeSwag: lol I did the gamestop trick 2 months before the one x came out, where you bought games from them and traded them back in at another gamestop to make profit on their trade in promotions, and managed to get the one x and a switch for free. Every gamestop i went to in that day or two was pissed off at me for exploiting the crap out of them, but hey, I got free stuff!

#35 Edited by gamecubepad (7909 posts) -

Walmart's 2018 Black Friday ad is up:

-Looks like $199 1TB PS4 with Spider-man as rumored.

-$35 AC Odyssey and FH4, and a bunch of other games.

-$39 PS4 controllers, $199 PSVR Astro Bot bundle.

-$199 1TB X1S Minecraft Bundle, $399 X1X.

-$299 Nintendo Switch MK8 Deluxe bundle, $79 2DS Mario Maker bundle.

-$59 RDR 2 SteelBook, $39 BLOPS 4

---

Best Buy ad is up:

-X1X BF V bundle + extra controller $429.

-Switch MK8 Deluxe bundle $299.

-$30 Assassin's Creed Odyssey, NBA 2k19, etc.

-$199 X1S 1TB Minecraft Bundle | $199 PS4 1TB Spider-Man Bundle