http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=shfA7TxeAN8

#203 Posted by General_Solo76 (478 posts) -

Oled is king right now.....it’s not even debatable

#204 Posted by artillery77 (47 posts) -

@general_solo76: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=CevDWRn-3-s

#205 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@general_solo76: amen

#206 Posted by dxmcat (2418 posts) -

Still not going to run an OLED on a PC. Sorry.

#207 Posted by artillery77 (47 posts) -

@dxmcat: if you game on an Oled. You are slow on the uptake or you are rich. There is no other excuse!

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#208 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2333 posts) -

I admit OLED is the king, but I'm not spending OLED money. My home theater will have a Samsung QLED, 82" Q8fn. I'm not spending $7K-$15K on a TV...

#209 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

I admit OLED is the king, but I'm not spending OLED money. My home theater will have a Samsung QLED, 82" Q8fn. I'm not spending $7K-$15K on a TV...

Good oleds for under 2000...

#210 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2333 posts) -

@n64dd said:
@goldenelementxl said:

Not at the 80+ inches size

#211 Posted by SecretPolice (33977 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: @n64dd:

What do you two think of this one for $2250.00?

LG OLED65E8P 65" 4K HDR Smart AI OLED TV w/ ThinQ - 65" Class - OLED65E8PUA

#212 Edited by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

@goldenelementxl: @n64dd:

What do you two think of this one for $2250.00?

LG OLED65E8P 65" 4K HDR Smart AI OLED TV w/ ThinQ - 65" Class - OLED65E8PUA

Very solid tv. get it.

@artillery77 You're off your rocker.

#213 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5954 posts) -

@n64dd said:
@goldenelementxl said:

He wants a big TV.

Something that I too after getting a 55" sort of regret not going for... 65-75 I should have just ignored my wife.

55" is too small to fully enjoy 4K IMHO. HD was a big jump but 4K... Nah. Overrated resolution for TV's smaller than 55".

I watched 4K content on my TV and its not a huge jump over standard Bluray... And games running at 1440p don't look that different compared to 4K unless your a foot away. Slightly sharper.

65-75 that's where its at... I am tempted to sell my QLED or throwing it in the bed room and getting a 75 inch OLED/QLED for the game room but I'll wait till a new generation of LG or Samsung TV's come around so maybe in a years time.

#214 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@n64dd said:
@goldenelementxl said:

He wants a big TV.

Something that I too after getting a 55" sort of regret not going for... 65-75 I should have just ignored my wife.

55" is too small to fully enjoy 4K IMHO. HD was a big jump but 4K... Nah. Overrated resolution for TV's smaller than 55".

I watched 4K content on my TV and its not a huge jump over standard Bluray... And games running at 1440p don't look that different compared to 4K unless your a foot away. Slightly sharper.

65-75 that's where its at... I am tempted to sell my QLED or throwing it in the bed room and getting a 75 inch OLED/QLED for the game room but I'll wait till a new generation of LG or Samsung TV's come around so maybe in a years time.

i have a 65 Oled. To me the bigger jump was true HDR. I noticed the 4k difference at a 50 inch though, and it was noticeable to me. Watch house of cards on 4k, then watch it on regular HDR and you'll notice a huge difference in just the intro alone.

#215 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2333 posts) -

@n64dd: Wait, are you streaming your 4K content?

#216 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

Stream and I have a ton of 4k blu rays.

#217 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5954 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

Yeah I was just about to ask him that.

4K streamed content looks no better than standard bluray to me... In fact Bluray due to the compression on streaming has better dynamic range, contrast and colour in comparison.

4K Bluray is a different story but that depends on the movie if its upscaled or native 4k since majority of movies are master at 2K its not much of a jump aside from the addition of HDR.

That being said from my experience 4K is overrated... Especially with gaming which I have tested by going from 1440p to native 4K while playing on my PC hooked up to the TV and honestly its hard to tell the difference unless you lean forward and focus and I have 20/20 vision.

I think people just love hyping things, its the same as people who keep talking about the next iphone rumours... Like they are in desperate need to have something to get excited about or something.

#218 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@goldenelementxl said:

4K streamed content looks no better than standard bluray to me... In fact Bluray due to the compression on streaming has better dynamic range, contrast and colour in comparison.

4K Bluray is a different story but that depends on the movie if its upscaled or native 4k since majority of movies are master at 2K its not much of a jump aside from the addition of HDR.

That being said from my experience 4K is overrated... Especially with gaming which I have tested by going from 1440p to native 4K while playing on my PC hooked up to the TV and honestly its hard to tell the difference unless you lean forward and focus and I have 20/20 vision.

I think people just love hyping things, its the same as people who keep talking about the next iphone rumours... Like they are in desperate need to have something to get excited about or something.

You guys have bad eyes then.

#219 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2333 posts) -

@n64dd: Streaming 4K is a goddamn scam.

#220 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5954 posts) -

@n64dd said:
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@goldenelementxl said:

You guys have bad eyes then.

WE have bad eyes?...

We compare a 4K stream with a 1080p Blu-ray. Shading, especially in the dark, is more nuanced on the Blu-ray. Colours are richer and more solid. You may not get the outright sharpness of a good 4K stream, but it is at maximum resolution the moment the video starts playing, and the latest 4K TVs do a good job of upscaling.

http://www.whathifi.com/features/4k-streaming-vs-4k-blu-ray-vs-blu-ray-which-best

Also:

Loading Video...

I can find more... But I'm too lazy, stop hyping things.

HDR is hit and miss and 4K on movies unless they are native 4K which is rare is borderline meh and in Gaming its worth it but not a huge difference once you go 1440p and beyond unless you have a 65 or bigger TV.

HDR I love... But its so RARELY done right. I mean Jesus Red Dead Redemption 2's implementation is a joke on all consoles.

#221 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@goldenelementxl: not at all. I can spot the difference every time

#222 Posted by dxmcat (2418 posts) -

I'm ~3 feet from my displays. 40" or 50".........I can see the difference 4k makes.

#223 Posted by artillery77 (47 posts) -

@n64dd: you missed the point! If you can throw away 2 grand that easy knowing the tech is massively flawed then you must be more well off than most average joes. If you refuse to do your research and game on oled you are slow on the uptake.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NMJquCSopS8

#224 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@artillery77 said:

@n64dd: you missed the point! If you can throw away 2 grand that easy knowing the tech is massively flawed then you must be more well off than most average joes. If you refuse to do your research and game on oled you are slow on the uptake.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=NMJquCSopS8

I researched greatly and my set retails for around 2600 bucks right now.

OLED is superior. If you're doing PC gaming or using it as a monitor, i'd go QLED. QLED is just a marketing ploy though.

#225 Posted by artillery77 (47 posts) -

@n64dd: you paid 2600 for a tv that will eventually have image retention, burn in, and the color will fade. Not covered under warranty either. Inferior brightness, Inferior input lag, inferior color. Basically you got taken so you get crisp deep blacks for a couple years. Also quantum dot is a real tech which makes color amazing. It's no ploy, but is overpriced.

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=9YqGyBFQO9c&t=459s

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#226 Posted by Blackhairedhero (2053 posts) -

@artillery77: Oleds from 2016 onwards have like 30 year life cycle for average viewing hours before the chance of losing any color.

#227 Edited by artillery77 (47 posts) -

@blackhairedhero: lol The tech is like 4 years old. How could they possibly know that?

On TVs anyway and less than decade period. How many vita users still have a good screen. Not many I'd presume.

#228 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@artillery77: In 5 years i’ll probably replace it with something newer. Image retention isn’t that big of a deal and you’re confusing Image retention with burn in.

As posted these will last way beyond my desired life span.

Qled is pure shit unless you go top end.

Micro LED will be the next jump.

#229 Posted by artillery77 (47 posts) -

@n64dd: you keep lying to yourself. I'm not confusing anything buddy. Image retention and burn in are both 100 percent guaranteed at some point on some level with oled. Especially with static images on screen. Good luck with it lasting 5 years. And paying 2 to 4 grand for something that has a defect and making excuses for it is weak. Image retention is extremely annoying.

#230 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@artillery77: I have already dealt with image retention. It’s a non-issue.

Do you own an oled or qled?

#231 Posted by artillery77 (47 posts) -

@n64dd: I bought the q9f 65 2 days ago. After much research. Price is steep than it should be but it's crazy close to oled display with better brightness and input lag. The Oleds are certainly great displays. Just the risks are to high imo. Anyway don't mean to knock your choice to each there own.

#232 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@artillery77: lol biggie, can you link what you bought? Just curious.

#233 Posted by artillery77 (47 posts) -

http://www.bestbuy.com/site/samsung-65-class-led-q9f-series-2160p-smart-4k-uhd-tv-with-hdr/6200120.p?skuId=6200120&ref=212&loc=1&gclsrc=aw.ds&ds_rl=1260573&ds_rl=1266837&ref=212&loc=1&gclid=CjwKCAiA5qTfBRAoEiwAwQy-6czHKJs1Ld37vrojwzkYvqH41sRJ2tnvHeiArbr7bwM76rgaULrI5xoCqeMQAvD_BwE

#234 Edited by Chutebox (44008 posts) -
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:
@n64dd said:
@goldenelementxl said:

He wants a big TV.

This is common knowledge when purchasing a tv. Come on, man.

#235 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@artillery77: OLED and what you posted are in different leagues. You have to blow 7k-8k for their flagship.

That being said, your tv is brighter has better input lag.

#236 Edited by artillery77 (47 posts) -

@n64dd: no they aren't.....they have them side by side at my best buy. The blacks are a bit deeper on the oled but brightness and color go to qled. Oleds display is only slightly better. It's very suttle and you have to study the screens side by side to see it. Far from the propaganda nonsense LG tries to spew. When you add all the burn in and image retention it just isn't the smart choice for the money imo.

#237 Posted by N64DD (10914 posts) -

@artillery77: agree to disagree, we’re both gaming in style though ;)

#238 Posted by artillery77 (47 posts) -

@n64dd: True story!