Top 10 Indie PC Games of 2018 That Console Gamers Won't Have The Chance To Play Yet

  • 113 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for the_master_race
#1 Edited by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

1-RETURN OF THE OBRA DINN

2-Two Point Hospital

3-Star Traders: Frontiers

4-Unavowed

5-Unforeseen incidents

6-The Red Strings Club

7-Frostpunk

8-Paratopic

9-BattleTech

10-Crosscode

Honorble mentions :

Project Hospital

Northgard (EA)

Pathologic 2 (TBA)

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#2 Edited by NathanDrakeSwag (12508 posts) -

I've only even heard of 2 of those.

Avatar image for madsnakehhh
#3 Posted by madsnakehhh (16303 posts) -

Still trying to figure out if this is a list of good games, bad games, if this is a troll thread, if this is claiming ownaged, if this is damage control... Etc.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#4 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

I've only even heard of 2 of those.

ofc you haven't ;) , they're indie titles

Avatar image for the_master_race
#5 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

Still trying to figure out if this is a list of good games, bad games, if this is a troll thread, if this is claiming ownaged, if this is damage control... Etc.

good games but not for everyone

Avatar image for madsnakehhh
#6 Posted by madsnakehhh (16303 posts) -

@the_master_race: Right ... Then I suggest you to change the title to "10 indie PC games, console gamers won't have the chance to play" and I think you are missing a few games to make this list noteworthy.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#7 Posted by uninspiredcup (29220 posts) -

Interesting, I wasn't aware the PC had any games now.

Avatar image for freedomfreak
#8 Posted by freedomfreak (50769 posts) -

Cool. A thread showing me why I shouldn't bother with PC gaming.

Avatar image for pyro1245
#9 Posted by pyro1245 (4268 posts) -

CrossCode is great! Would be a great console game too.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
#10 Posted by blueinheaven (4383 posts) -

More indie garbage. Yeah, you're welcome to it. PC gamer here by the way.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#11 Edited by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@madsnakehhh said:

@the_master_race: Right ... Then I suggest you to change the title to "10 indie PC games, console gamers won't have the chance to play" and I think you are missing a few games to make this list noteworthy.

K , It's done

Edit : tell me their names I add them to the list

Avatar image for the_master_race
#12 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@blueinheaven said:

More indie garbage. Yeah, you're welcome to it. PC gamer here by the way.

and now a console gamer

Avatar image for davillain-
#13 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

What about Undertale?

Avatar image for the_master_race
#14 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@davillain- said:

What about Undertale?

that game released in 2015

Avatar image for davillain-
#15 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@the_master_race said:
@davillain- said:

What about Undertale?

that game released in 2015

I'm aware, I just like to point that out cause it's not on consoles lol.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#16 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@the_master_race said:
@davillain- said:

What about Undertale?

that game released in 2015

I'm aware, I just like to point that out cause it's not on consoles lol.

Try Deltarune >> http://www.deltarune.com/

Avatar image for pixel_mage
#17 Posted by Pixel_Mage (57 posts) -

CrossCode is on my Steam wishlist. Never heard of any of the others.

@davillain- said:

What about Undertale?

Undertale is on PS4, Vita and Switch.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
#18 Posted by blueinheaven (4383 posts) -
@the_master_race said:
@blueinheaven said:

More indie garbage. Yeah, you're welcome to it. PC gamer here by the way.

and now a console gamer

You can't read? Is this why you had to change your idiot thread title?

PC AND console gamer I can afford more than one system to play games on and I love games unlike you who is just in love with his hardware, that's where we differ.

I didn't put an expensive PC together to waste my time on garbage indie games, that's another area we differ in, assuming you even have a fucking decent PC which actually I doubt.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#19 Posted by GarGx1 (10562 posts) -

I've played Battletech and Frostpunk,, both excellent games, Two Point Hospital is next on the list, I loved Theme Hospital back in the day.

@blueinheaven said:
@the_master_race said:
@blueinheaven said:

More indie garbage. Yeah, you're welcome to it. PC gamer here by the way.

and now a console gamer

You can't read? Is this why you had to change your idiot thread title?

PC AND console gamer I can afford more than one system to play games on and I love games unlike you who is just in love with his hardware, that's where we differ.

I didn't put an expensive PC together to waste my time on garbage indie games, that's another area we differ in, assuming you even have a fucking decent PC which actually I doubt.

Why bother building an expensive PC at all if all you want to play are AAA budget games from big publishers? They are generally aimed at the mainstream console consumer anyway.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#20 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8038 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

Why bother building an expensive PC at all if all you want to play are AAA budget games from big publishers? They are generally aimed at the mainstream console consumer anyway.

to play any latest games? why not?

why we build high end PC just to play some indie trash?

I build PC to play games like Metro and Doom.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#21 Posted by GarGx1 (10562 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:

Why bother building an expensive PC at all if all you want to play are AAA budget games from big publishers? They are generally aimed at the mainstream console consumer anyway.

to play any latest games? why not?

why we build high end PC just to play some indie trash?

I build PC to play games like Metro and Doom.

Metro is an Indie game

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#22 Edited by with_teeth26 (9108 posts) -
@blueinheaven said:
@the_master_race said:
@blueinheaven said:

More indie garbage. Yeah, you're welcome to it. PC gamer here by the way.

and now a console gamer

You can't read? Is this why you had to change your idiot thread title?

PC AND console gamer I can afford more than one system to play games on and I love games unlike you who is just in love with his hardware, that's where we differ.

I didn't put an expensive PC together to waste my time on garbage indie games, that's another area we differ in, assuming you even have a fucking decent PC which actually I doubt.

christ how close-minded can you be.

I reckon any of those games on the list would be a better use of time than spending hours farting around in some wide-as-a-ocean but shallow-as-a-puddle AAA open world game.

have fun living in your own little bubble of ignorance

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#23 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8038 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:

Why bother building an expensive PC at all if all you want to play are AAA budget games from big publishers? They are generally aimed at the mainstream console consumer anyway.

to play any latest games? why not?

why we build high end PC just to play some indie trash?

I build PC to play games like Metro and Doom.

Metro is an Indie game

it used to be. now 4A are full fledge AAA developers. thus Metro Exodus is AAA game.

Avatar image for knight-k
#24 Posted by knight-k (2167 posts) -

Hermits now trying to brag with ...indies. LOL, how far they've fallen.

Come back when you get a AAA exclusive.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#25 Posted by GarGx1 (10562 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:

Why bother building an expensive PC at all if all you want to play are AAA budget games from big publishers? They are generally aimed at the mainstream console consumer anyway.

to play any latest games? why not?

why we build high end PC just to play some indie trash?

I build PC to play games like Metro and Doom.

Metro is an Indie game

it used to be. now 4A are full fledge AAA developers. thus Metro Exodus is AAA game.

They are a private company that own their own I.P. rights, they are not owned by a Publisher, making them an independent developer. Having money more money to spend does not stop a developer from being independent, in the same way as CDPR and C.I.G. are also independent developers.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant, Metro is an Indie game.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#26 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8038 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:
@ghosts4ever said:
@GarGx1 said:

Why bother building an expensive PC at all if all you want to play are AAA budget games from big publishers? They are generally aimed at the mainstream console consumer anyway.

to play any latest games? why not?

why we build high end PC just to play some indie trash?

I build PC to play games like Metro and Doom.

Metro is an Indie game

it used to be. now 4A are full fledge AAA developers. thus Metro Exodus is AAA game.

They are a private company that own their own I.P. rights, they are not owned by a Publisher, making them an independent developer. Having money more money to spend does not stop a developer from being independent, in the same way as CDPR and C.I.G. are also independent developers.

Whether you like it or not is irrelevant, Metro is an Indie game.

THQ nordic own 4A games. they bought deep silver plus 4A games.

but whatever. by indie i mean low budget 2d games which i can play on mobile too.

Avatar image for PAL360
#27 Posted by PAL360 (29327 posts) -

Nice. Even though, there are much more great indies on consoles than i have time to play. And i do support them alot.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#28 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8038 posts) -

@knight-k said:

Hermits now trying to brag with ...indies. LOL, how far they've fallen.

Come back when you get a AAA exclusive.

apart from few movie games which no PC gamer would care. everything is on PC so whats the point of getting console??

Avatar image for the_master_race
#29 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -
@blueinheaven said:
@the_master_race said:
@blueinheaven said:

More indie garbage. Yeah, you're welcome to it. PC gamer here by the way.

and now a console gamer

You can't read? Is this why you had to change your idiot thread title?

PC AND console gamer I can afford more than one system to play games on and I love games unlike you who is just in love with his hardware, that's where we differ.

I didn't put an expensive PC together to waste my time on garbage indie games, that's another area we differ in, assuming you even have a fucking decent PC which actually I doubt.

"You can't read? Is this why you had to change your idiot thread title?"...

Nope that's not the reason

"I can afford more than one system to play games on" ...

oh ,good for you

"I love games unlike you who is just in love with his hardware"...

no I only love the freedom of PC Gaming and I also love God of War 4 though I would've enjoyed it more on 60 FPS

"I didn't put an expensive PC together"...

neither did I , I'm still rocking with my GTX 970

"waste my time on garbage indie games"

I beg to differ :)

"assuming you even have a fucking decent PC which actually I doubt"

nothing fancy but it gets me there , I will upgrade my rig after I finish army

=================

RAM : 8 GB

VGA: GTX 970

CPU: i5-3450

Avatar image for with_teeth26
#30 Posted by with_teeth26 (9108 posts) -
@knight-k said:

Hermits now trying to brag with ...indies. LOL, how far they've fallen.

Come back when you get a AAA exclusive.

come back when you have literally any other argument against PC.

that one is tired and overblown

Avatar image for GarGx1
#31 Posted by GarGx1 (10562 posts) -

@ghosts4ever: You're not going to be playing the likes of Battletech or Frostpunk on a phone any time soon. I think you're really a console gamer at heart.

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#32 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8038 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

@ghosts4ever: You're not going to be playing the likes of Battletech or Frostpunk on a phone any time soon. I think you're really a console gamer at heart.

but why would i play battletech and frostpunk? why i waste so much money just to play low budget 2d indie?

I build it to play Doom Eternal and Metro Exodus.

Avatar image for blueinheaven
#33 Posted by blueinheaven (4383 posts) -
@GarGx1 said:

I've played Battletech and Frostpunk,, both excellent games, Two Point Hospital is next on the list, I loved Theme Hospital back in the day.

@blueinheaven said:
@the_master_race said:
@blueinheaven said:

More indie garbage. Yeah, you're welcome to it. PC gamer here by the way.

and now a console gamer

You can't read? Is this why you had to change your idiot thread title?

PC AND console gamer I can afford more than one system to play games on and I love games unlike you who is just in love with his hardware, that's where we differ.

I didn't put an expensive PC together to waste my time on garbage indie games, that's another area we differ in, assuming you even have a fucking decent PC which actually I doubt.

Why bother building an expensive PC at all if all you want to play are AAA budget games from big publishers? They are generally aimed at the mainstream console consumer anyway.

Who said anything about only playing AAA budget games? Can you point me to where I said that because I think I missed it somehow.

Currently playing: AC Odyssey - one of the best games I've ever played. Hate it because it's AAA and Ubisoft if you must, your loss. Next up: Divinity Original Sin 2, not AAA budget by any stretch I just haven't got around to it, also Ys VIII which I got on sale for PS4, small budget but they make really great games, Detroit Become Human at some point I'll play it and I also have stuff like SOMA and Observer on the backburner and there are tons more I want to play and just don't have the time and very few of them are what you might call AAA and some are probably even considered indie.

The main point is I'm not going to waste time on indie trash that's derivative and even plagiaristic of really, really old games if I wanted to play games that look like they should be on a fucking SNES I'll go ahead and get my SNES out of the attic.

@with_teeth26 said:
@blueinheaven said:
@the_master_race said:
@blueinheaven said:

More indie garbage. Yeah, you're welcome to it. PC gamer here by the way.

and now a console gamer

You can't read? Is this why you had to change your idiot thread title?

PC AND console gamer I can afford more than one system to play games on and I love games unlike you who is just in love with his hardware, that's where we differ.

I didn't put an expensive PC together to waste my time on garbage indie games, that's another area we differ in, assuming you even have a fucking decent PC which actually I doubt.

christ how close-minded can you be.

I reckon any of those games on the list would be a better use of time than spending hours farting around in some wide-as-a-ocean but shallow-as-a-puddle AAA open world game.

have fun living in your own little bubble of ignorance

You come out with this bullshit without even knowing what games I'm playing? What was that you were saying about ignorance? I'm playing one open world game, the first I've played in a long time. Everything else on my to play list is far from open world.

Go back to playing games on your PC that look and play like stuff I played on console 20 years ago and kid yourself you're hip and cool and into 'real' gameplay lol it's hard to know whether to laugh or cry at this shit.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#34 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -
@with_teeth26 said:
@knight-k said:

Hermits now trying to brag with ...indies. LOL, how far they've fallen.

Come back when you get a AAA exclusive.

come back when you have literally any other argument against PC.

that one is tired and overblown

I think Total War: Warhammer II is what he's looking for , it also got a 9 from GS

Avatar image for ghosts4ever
#35 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8038 posts) -

@the_master_race said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@knight-k said:

Hermits now trying to brag with ...indies. LOL, how far they've fallen.

Come back when you get a AAA exclusive.

come back when you have literally any other argument against PC.

that one is tired and overblown

I think Total War: Warhammer II is what he's looking for , it also got a 9 from GS

according to him it doesnot count because its strategy game.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#36 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@ghosts4ever said:
@the_master_race said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@knight-k said:

Hermits now trying to brag with ...indies. LOL, how far they've fallen.

Come back when you get a AAA exclusive.

come back when you have literally any other argument against PC.

that one is tired and overblown

I think Total War: Warhammer II is what he's looking for , it also got a 9 from GS

according to him it doesnot count because its strategy game.

Oh , c'mon he asked for an AAA title , how many filters I should pass :D

Avatar image for knight-k
#37 Posted by knight-k (2167 posts) -

@with_teeth26 said:
@knight-k said:

Hermits now trying to brag with ...indies. LOL, how far they've fallen.

Come back when you get a AAA exclusive.

come back when you have literally any other argument against PC.

that one is tired and overblown

"C..cc...come back when you have other arguement"

Lol, exclusives are what make or break a platform, sorry hermits, PC is pathetic in that regard.

Keep coping with your indies though LOL!

Avatar image for the_master_race
#38 Edited by the_master_race (4477 posts) -
@knight-k said:
@with_teeth26 said:
@knight-k said:

Hermits now trying to brag with ...indies. LOL, how far they've fallen.

Come back when you get a AAA exclusive.

come back when you have literally any other argument against PC.

that one is tired and overblown

"C..cc...come back when you have other arguement"

Lol, exclusives are what make or break a platform, sorry hermits, PC is pathetic in that regard.

Keep coping with your indies though LOL!

don't worry kid we have the whole XBOX library and all your 3rd-party titles to fill the void ;)

Avatar image for drlostrib
#39 Posted by DrLostRib (4367 posts) -

oh are we back to "indies" don't count?

Avatar image for ProtossRushX
#40 Posted by ProtossRushX (4711 posts) -

meh ps4 gets all the good indies you can keep these trash ones

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
#41 Posted by NoodleFighter (9782 posts) -

I don't think Football Manager and Two Point Hospital count as indie since they're owned/published by SEGA.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#42 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -
@ProtossRushX said:

meh ps4 gets all the good indies you can keep these trash ones

do you have cuphead ?

Avatar image for NoodleFighter
#43 Posted by NoodleFighter (9782 posts) -

@drlostrib said:

oh are we back to "indies" don't count?

They stopped counting soon as PS4 got some decent big budget AAA games then they turned their back on F2P and indie games and looked down on them in disgust when not to long ago they were using them as defense for their lack of AAA games and even saying indies are better in some cases.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#44 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@drlostrib said:

oh are we back to "indies" don't count?

hey doc , good 2 cu again

Avatar image for zaryia
#45 Edited by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

Cool. A thread showing me why I shouldn't bother with PC gaming.

But this is a Indy specific thread. That doesn't mean it's all PC has. For example, since you just admitted you don't bother with PC gaming you also admitted you play the trash version of most major video games and play shit online.

If you want, you can take out every indy title and PC is still well ahead for high scoring titles this gen, plays the better version of almost all console games, and way better for online.

Avatar image for zaryia
#46 Edited by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@knight-k said:

Lol, exclusives are what make or break a platform

In your opinion.

I'd say having far more raw AAA and AA games overall makes or breaks a platform. A small library is a small library. Simply having far more high scoring games is what matters to the gamer. Not who else can play their games. Especially not PC, who isn't in competition with those systems (which is why they don't get or care for exclusives as much).

Avatar image for Vatusus
#47 Posted by Vatusus (8947 posts) -

@the_master_race said:

Top 10 Indie PC Games of 2018 That Console Gamers Won't Have The Chance To Play...

... yet

Avatar image for nepu7supastar7
#48 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (4703 posts) -

@the_master_race:

Should read:

"Top 10 Indie Games on PC console Gamers Won't Want to Play"

I couldn't even stand playing Hyperdimension Neptunia Producing Perfection as a manager game, why the hell would I wanna play Football Manager 2019?

Avatar image for the_master_race
#49 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@Vatusus said:
@the_master_race said:

Top 10 Indie PC Games of 2018 That Console Gamers Won't Have The Chance To Play...

... yet

yeah , hopefully some of them will be released on consoles too