The Master PC Race is review bombing RDR2 on Metacritic.

#151 Posted by knight-k (2167 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Jag85 said:
@Jacanuk said:

But just be glad you do not have to buy any Rockstar games and support the company who has made the most successful franchise in gaming history and where they are now solely on 2 games GTA IV And 5 well over 130mill sold copies.

Wrong. The most successful franchise in gaming history is Pokemon. And not even just the most successful gaming franchise. Pokemon is the most successful entertainment media franchise, period.

You sure don´t like facts do you.

Pokemon is not by a long shot the most successful game franchise.

No, I don't like your "alternative facts". I only stick to the real facts:

Software sales:

• Pokemon series - 300 million
  • GTA series - 250 million

User numbers:

• Pokemon Go - 800 million
  • GTA V - 90 million

Gross revenue:

• Pokemon franchise - $70 billion
  • GTA franchise - $9 billion

The numbers speak for themselves. GTA doesn't come anywhere close to Pokemon's success.

Pokemon is the biggest entertainment franchise in the world. Not a fair comparison imo.

#152 Edited by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@freedomfreak said:

poor fuckers

The OP never substantiated his claim except for 1 post, which was likely a fakeboy. This thread is against the rules, discussing "fanboy wars", surprised it isn't shut down.

P.S. I'd think the people stuck beta testing most games this gen on ~20 fps and low, and trash online, are the "poor fuckers".

#153 Edited by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@Dark_sageX said:
@that_old_guy said:

@Dark_sageX: what are you talking about “welcome back”??

Pretty obvious, you got banned and it was lifted and now here you are repeating the same mistakes lol. So now that you have been exposed can i take it as that you are now retracting your lie about owning a gaming PC?

“It’s purty obvus, hur dur, cus I’m smarts”

No, I have a life and just didn’t post.

#154 Posted by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@that_old_guy said:

Pretty obvious, you got banned and it was lifted and now here you are repeating the same mistakes lol. So now that you have been exposed can i take it as that you are now retracting your lie about owning a gaming PC?

· This is System Wars not Fanboy Wars. Threads made about who the worst type of fanboy is, or threads made to complain about certain fanboys, or anything similar are not permitted and are deemed trolling.No advertising, solicitation or commercial self promotion will be allowed

#155 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@zaryia said:
@that_old_guy said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@that_old_guy said:

· This is System Wars not Fanboy Wars. Threads made about who the worst type of fanboy is, or threads made to complain about certain fanboys, or anything similar are not permitted and are deemed trolling.No advertising, solicitation or commercial self promotion will be allowed

ok, you got me.

i was banned for like what seemed forever.

im back and I want to apologize to everyone for my behavior.

I’m nothing. I’m less than a turd. I beg for your forgivenes.

#156 Edited by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:
@zaryia said:
@that_old_guy said:
@Dark_sageX said:

ok, you got me.

i was banned for like what seemed forever.

im back and I want to apologize to everyone for my behavior.

I’m nothing. I’m less than a turd. I beg for your forgivenes.

Rekt.

#157 Posted by Dark_sageX (3259 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:
@Dark_sageX said:
@that_old_guy said:

You know you aren't really angry at me, you are angry at yourself, its very simple dude, stop lying, you keep lying and eventually the pressure of keeping it will get to your head, take my advise, please stop lying, just be honest, especially be honest to yourself, attacking the PC community really isn't worth getting all bent out of shape for.

#158 Edited by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@Dark_sageX: again I was just making a thread about what was going on in a particular section of gaming.

As stated by others this isn’t new.

Cows, lems, and sheep have all review bombed.

Stop acting like the victim of some great tragedy and like hermits are above it all.

#159 Posted by Zaryia (6716 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

@Dark_sageX: again I was just making a thread about what was going on in a particular section of gaming.

Stop acting like the victim of some great tragedy and like hermits are above it all.

What percent of the low user reviews are PC gamers?

#160 Edited by ronvalencia (26541 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Jag85 said:

Software sales:

User numbers:

• GTA V - 90 million

Gross revenue:

The numbers speak for themselves. GTA doesn't come anywhere close to Pokemon's success.

Pokemon has other licensing deals besides games e.g. TV shows, plush toys and 'etc'.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_highest-grossing_media_franchises

For apples to apples comparison with just video game revenue:

Pokemon: $15.654 billion estimated,

Grand Theft Auto: $8.56 billion estimated

Pokemon target different market from GTA's mature audience market.

---

Revenue in 2018

Nintendo: ~$9 billion USD

Activision Blizzard: $~7 billion USD (2017)

Take Two: ~$1.8 billion USD

Microsoft: ~$110 billion USD

Sony: ~$59 billion USD

True, Pokemon makes most of its money from outside of video games. Which is what makes it the biggest franchise, because it's a major player in different markets (e.g. games, anime, manga, toys, cards, etc.).

Pokemon targets the family-friendly market, which is generally more financially lucrative than the mature market that GTA targets. As the list shows, most of the highest-grossing media franchises are generally family-friendly franchises, while only a handful of mature franchises are up there.

On a side note, Sony's annual revenue has picked-up a lot lately. The gap between Sony and Microsoft was much bigger just a year ago.

Game related revenue

http://bgr.com/2018/07/20/microsoft-q4-earnings-annual-revenue-surge/

This past fiscal year has also been one of major growth for Microsoft’s gaming business, which enjoyed a record of its own — topping $10 billion in revenue for the first time. That puts the Xbox-maker ahead of Nintendo — which posted more than $9 billion in revenue for its last fiscal year — but behind Sony, which pulled in more than $17 billion

Sony: $17 billion

Microsoft: $10 billion

Nintendo: $9 billion.

Microsoft is now the largest US based digital games company ahead of Activision Blizzard and EA.

#161 Edited by Jag85 (12408 posts) -
@ronvalencia said:
@Jag85 said:
@ronvalencia said:

Pokemon has other licensing deals besides games e.g. TV shows, plush toys and 'etc'.

---

Revenue in 2018

True, Pokemon makes most of its money from outside of video games. Which is what makes it the biggest franchise, because it's a major player in different markets (e.g. games, anime, manga, toys, cards, etc.).

Pokemon targets the family-friendly market, which is generally more financially lucrative than the mature market that GTA targets. As the list shows, most of the highest-grossing media franchises are generally family-friendly franchises, while only a handful of mature franchises are up there.

On a side note, Sony's annual revenue has picked-up a lot lately. The gap between Sony and Microsoft was much bigger just a year ago.

Game related revenue

This past fiscal year has also been one of major growth for Microsoft’s gaming business, which enjoyed a record of its own — topping $10 billion in revenue for the first time. That puts the Xbox-maker ahead of Nintendo — which posted more than $9 billion in revenue for its last fiscal year — but behind Sony, which pulled in more than $17 billion

Microsoft is now the largest US based digital games company ahead of Activision Blizzard and EA.

It's worth noting that Microsoft's gaming revenue includes PC gaming.

#162 Edited by ronvalencia (26541 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@Jag85 said:
@ronvalencia said:

---

Revenue in 2018

Game related revenue

It's worth noting that Microsoft's gaming revenue includes PC gaming.

It's worth noting that Nintendo's gaming revenue is more than Switch gaming platform. Double standards arguments doesn't work.

#163 Posted by WhatAFailure (163 posts) -

And just like movie reviews where a similar thing happens, User Reviews are fucking trash. Only look at the Professional reviewers on there from gamers who actually played the entire game.

The only acceptable User Reviews are the ones that are thoughtfully written (and can be good or bad scores). The rest though are hurt manbabies who only write one or two lines and give a game they never played a 0/10.

#164 Edited by Dark_sageX (3259 posts) -

I like how people here think user reviews are unsubstantiated and should exclusively follow "professional" game journalists, its as if they forgot about Gamergate lol. No thanks, I'll stick to gamer reviews, because they can't be bought by developers into giving crappy games higher scores than they deserve.

@zaryia said:
@that_old_guy said:

What percent of the low user reviews are PC gamers?

Asking the real question here. Not even evidence has been provided, the only people that will take your claim at face value are either other PC haters or one of your alts.

#165 Posted by Jacanuk (17020 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@Jacanuk said:
@Jag85 said:
@Jacanuk said:

But just be glad you do not have to buy any Rockstar games and support the company who has made the most successful franchise in gaming history and where they are now solely on 2 games GTA IV And 5 well over 130mill sold copies.

Wrong. The most successful franchise in gaming history is Pokemon. And not even just the most successful gaming franchise. Pokemon is the most successful entertainment media franchise, period.

You sure don´t like facts do you.

Pokemon is not by a long shot the most successful game franchise.

Software sales:

User numbers:

• GTA V - 90 million

Gross revenue:

First, are you really comparing a free to play game with a AAA game? come on at least try to find some valid arguments and not just make up shit.

Also if you are talking franchise you seem to be forgetting

• Super Mario series: 327.51 million.
  • Mario Franchise 627 million.

And as to revenue, how many games and consoles does pokemon span over? you are talking 76 titles over handheld and consoles reaching back to before 90% of the user's parents on this board were even born. (clearly an exaggeration to make a point)

So let´s talk about GTA

GTA V has sold close to 90mill alone, please link me to one pokemon game which has even sold close to that number (and don´t come with an F2P or a handheld game)

So if we look at the most sold top 5 games, Tetris is 1, Minecraft is 2nd and 3rd is GTA V. 4th is Wii Sports and 5th is Mario.

And if we then compare avg sales pr game , GTA far outdoes Pokemon.

#166 Edited by Jag85 (12408 posts) -

@Jacanuk:

Nice try at shifting the goal-post...

Also, you're just repeating the same points already mentioned by tormentos earlier. So I'll just post the same response to you:

@Jag85 said:
@tormentos said:

There are far more pokemon games than GTA.

Pokemon Go is a free game on a market with billions of users.

GTA V is not free and hasn't been.

What wii,n64,gamecube,snes,nes wii u or switch game comes even close to 90 millions of 1 game version.

Joining game versions is a joke the closes thing in Nintendo arsenal was Mario kart wii that sold like 35 million copies,other than that nothing even close to GTA 5 which is ok since GTA5 is also on multiple platforms.

We were comparing franchises, not individual games. But to address each of those points:

1. GTA and Pokemon both have about seven mainline games each.
  2. Pokemon Go alone was downloaded by almost half of the entire global mobile gaming market.
  3. Free-to-play games usually make more money from microtransactions than buy-to-play games do from software sales.
  4. Wii Sports sold over 80 million. Super Mario Bros and Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow sold around 60 million each.
  5. Makes no sense to compare software sales of exclusives to multi-plats. GTAV released on far more platforms, with a combined install base exceeding a billion users.

It's also worth keeping in mind that each mainline Pokemon game generates billions in merchandise sales. When factoring in merchandise sales, virtually every mainline Pokemon game out-grosses GTAV.

And Jacanuk, only a delusional fanboy would believe GTA is a bigger franchise than Pokemon, the highest-grossing entertainment media franchise in history...

List of highest-grossing media franchises

• Pokemon - $85 billion
  • Grand Theft Auto - $8.56 billion

That's an enormous ten-fold difference, even though GTA only began one year after Pokemon. In terms of average annual revenue since they began, that works out to:

• Pokemon - $3.9 billion per year (more than any other entertainment media franchise in history)
  • GTA - $408 million per year

GTA is not even within spitting distance of Pokemon... In other words, your claim of GTA being "the most successful franchise in gaming history" is complete nonsense... Jacanuk, just stop.

#167 Posted by Jacanuk (17020 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

@Jacanuk:

Also, you're just repeating the same points already mentioned by tormentos earlier. So I'll just post the same response to you:

@Jag85 said:
@tormentos said:

What wii,n64,gamecube,snes,nes wii u or switch game comes even close to 90 millions of 1 game version.

Joining game versions is a joke the closes thing in Nintendo arsenal was Mario kart wii that sold like 35 million copies,other than that nothing even close to GTA 5 which is ok since GTA5 is also on multiple platforms.

We were comparing franchises, not individual games. But to address each of those points:

2. Pokemon Go alone was downloaded by almost half of the entire global mobile gaming market.
  3. Free-to-play games usually make more money from microtransactions than buy-to-play games do from software sales.
  4. Wii Sports sold over 80 million. Super Mario Bros and Pokemon Red/Green/Blue/Yellow sold around 60 million each.
  5. Makes no sense to compare software sales of exclusives to multi-plats. GTAV released on far more platforms, with a combined install base exceeding a billion users.

It's also worth keeping in mind that each mainline Pokemon game generates billions in merchandise sales. When factoring in merchandise sales, virtually every mainline Pokemon game out-grosses GTAV.

And jacanuk, only a delusional fanboy would believe GTA is a bigger franchise than Pokemon, the highest-grossing entertainment media franchise in history...

• Pokemon - $85 billion

That's an enormous ten-fold difference, even though GTA only began one year after Pokemon. In terms of average annual revenue since they began, that works out to:

• Pokemon - $3.9 billion per year (more than any other entertainment media franchise in history)

GTA is not even within spitting distance of Pokemon... In other words, your claim of GTA being "the most successful franchise in gaming history" is complete and utter nonsense... Jacanuk, just stop.

You talk about moving goalposts while being the one who not only moved it but put it over on another planet.

Again you CAN NOT compare a paid game to Pokemon Go, it´s absurd to even talk about F2P in the same sentence as a paid AAA game.

And then we can take your second move, using revenue from 76 titles to compare GTA V, GTA IV, GTA III, GTA SA, GTA and China town and liberty cities stories, so 7 titles. is just moronic, not to mention your revenue clearly included in-game purchases of Pokemon GO, so again a moronic argument.

So don´t talk about fanboi when you are so clouded that you have to make up shit to back up your nintendofanboyism. Also nice in forgetting Mario which has sold about twice as much as the entire pokemon franchise.

#168 Posted by Zaryia (6716 posts) -

Who cares, both GTA and Pokemon series are best on PC and PC can play the most of them.

#169 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78853 posts) -
@Dark_sageX said:

I like how people here think user reviews are unsubstantiated and should exclusively follow "professional" game journalists, its as if they forgot about Gamergate lol. No thanks, I'll stick to gamer reviews, because they can't be bought by developers into giving crappy games higher scores than they deserve.

The other side of the coin though is that you get user reviews primarily made to drive the game's score down, which is what this whole thread is about. You also have way too many users who don't honestly know how to review, either giving everything a 10, or everything a 0. You'll even get reviews that only go one paragraph into detail or long tirades of how past games or games that aren't even related to what they're reviewing did it better. How is any of that useful to anyone?

#170 Posted by DoroG1995 (2335 posts) -

You guys take these forums too seriously. Why don't you instead enjoy life than jumping all over each other for having different tastes ?

#171 Posted by Jag85 (12408 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:
@Jag85 said:

@Jacanuk:

@Jag85 said:
@tormentos said:

And jacanuk, only a delusional fanboy would believe GTA is a bigger franchise than Pokemon, the highest-grossing entertainment media franchise in history...

• Pokemon - $85 billion

GTA is not even within spitting distance of Pokemon... In other words, your claim of GTA being "the most successful franchise in gaming history" is complete and utter nonsense... Jacanuk, just stop.

You talk about moving goalposts while being the one who not only moved it but put it over on another planet.

Again you CAN NOT compare a paid game to Pokemon Go, it´s absurd to even talk about F2P in the same sentence as a paid AAA game.

And then we can take your second move, using revenue from 76 titles to compare GTA V, GTA IV, GTA III, GTA SA, GTA and China town and liberty cities stories, so 7 titles. is just moronic, not to mention your revenue clearly included in-game purchases of Pokemon GO, so again a moronic argument.

So don´t talk about fanboi when you are so clouded that you have to make up shit to back up your nintendofanboyism. Also nice in forgetting Mario which has sold about twice as much as the entire pokemon franchise.

You literally shifted the goal-post in the span of several posts. This is what you originally claimed about GTA: "the most successful franchise in gaming history". After I debunked your claim, you then shifted the goal-post to GTAV being the most successful individual game. But sure, I'll humour you, just to show you how utterly absurd both of your claims are...

Highest-grossing franchises in gaming history:

1. Pokemon - $85 billion
  2. Mario - $35 billion
  3. Call of Duty - $16 billion
  4. Pac-Man - $15 billion
  5. Space Invaders - $14 billion
  6. Dragon Quest - $12 billion
  7. Final Fantasy - $12 billion
  8. Street Fighter - $12 billion
  9. Warcraft - $11 billion
  10. Dungeon Fighter Online - $11 billion

...GTA doesn't even crack the top 10 highest-grossing franchises in gaming history.

Highest-grossing video games in gaming history:

1. Pac-Man - $16 billion
  2. Space Inavders - $14 billion
  3. Street Fighter II - $11 billion
  4. Dungeon Fighter Online - $10 billion
  5. World of Warcraft - $9.7 billion
  6. CrossFire - $9.5 billion
  7. Lineage - $9 billion
  8. Westward Journey - $7.6 billion
  9. Monster Strike - $7.5 billion
  10. Puzzle & Dragons - $7.4 billion

...And GTAV doesn't even crack the top 10 highest-grossing individual video games either.

In no way, shape or form does GTA come anywhere close to being the most successful franchise, or GTAV anywhere close to the most successful individual video game either.

And finally, nice attempt at a strawman fallacy. Like I already told you before, the only hardware manufacturer that I've ever been a hardcore fan of is Sega, not Nintendo (which inevitably means I've done plenty of bashing against the NES, SNES, N64, Mario, etc.). And I haven't played Pokemon in a long time either (except for Go, which I didn't like). On the other hand, it's clear that you are a hardcore GTA fanboy. And there's nothing wrong with that, but what is wrong is how you make up fake "alternative facts" to justify your fanboyism. And when confronted with the real facts, you stubbornly refuse to accept the real facts and instead double-down on your fake "alternative facts". Either way, now that I've already thoroughly debunked your false claims, I'm done with you.

#172 Posted by Jacanuk (17020 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

You literally shifted the goal-post in the span of several posts. This is what you originally claimed about GTA: "the most successful franchise in gaming history". After I debunked your claim, you then shifted the goal-post to GTAV being the most successful individual game. But sure, I'll humour you, just to show you how utterly absurd both of your claims are...

Highest-grossing franchises in gaming history:

1. Pokemon - $85 billion
  2. Mario - $35 billion
  3. Call of Duty - $16 billion
  4. Pac-Man - $15 billion
  5. Space Invaders - $14 billion
  6. Dragon Quest - $12 billion
  7. Final Fantasy - $12 billion
  8. Street Fighter - $12 billion
  9. Warcraft - $11 billion
  10. Dungeon Fighter Online - $11 billion

...GTA doesn't even crack the top 10 highest-grossing franchises in gaming history.

Highest-grossing video games in gaming history:

1. Pac-Man - $16 billion
  2. Space Inavders - $14 billion
  3. Street Fighter II - $11 billion
  4. Dungeon Fighter Online - $10 billion
  5. World of Warcraft - $9.7 billion
  6. CrossFire - $9.5 billion
  7. Lineage - $9 billion
  8. Westward Journey - $7.6 billion
  9. Monster Strike - $7.5 billion
  10. Puzzle & Dragons - $7.4 billion

...And GTAV doesn't even crack the top 10 highest-grossing individual video games either.

In no way, shape or form does GTA come anywhere close to being the most successful franchise, or GTAV anywhere close to the most successful individual video game either.

And finally, nice attempt at a strawman fallacy. Like I already told you before, the only hardware manufacturer that I've ever been a hardcore fan of is Sega, not Nintendo (which inevitably means I've done plenty of bashing against the NES, SNES, N64, Mario, etc.). And I haven't played Pokemon in a long time either (except for Go, which I didn't like). On the other hand, it's clear that you are a hardcore GTA fanboy. And there's nothing wrong with that, but what is wrong is how you make up fake "alternative facts" to justify your fanboyism. And when confronted with the real facts, you stubbornly refuse to accept the real facts and instead double-down on your fake "alternative facts". Either way, now that I've already thoroughly debunked your false claims, I'm done with you.

I did nothing of the kind.

The first post after the initial one was to your idiotic post where you picked an F2P game up against a Paid game and then you move it again when you suddenly compare the income and not sales and also compare titles that come out every single year and also titles that span over decades.

In fact, You keep moving the goal post each time you get disproving this is a complete idiotic conversation.

I get it you do not like GTA or Rockstar that is fine but it does not change the facts.

#173 Posted by kingsfan_0333 (1841 posts) -

When I mention how much I wouldn't want to sit around and wait for games like RD2 to make their way to PC, the response from PC gamers is that they have so many games to play that they don't care.

That doesn't appear so.

#174 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

Oh look someone got a video. Here’s some proof for the hermits.

Loading Video...

#175 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (24545 posts) -

Anyone on the Internet can pretend they're something they're not.

#176 Edited by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

Oh look someone got a video. Here’s some proof for the hermits.

Loading Video...

Only 3 of those reviews could potentially be PC gamers. Were is the huge "bombing"? Most 0 reviews appear to be about bugs and boring open world.

I need proof of rampant 0s via tons of PC users.

#177 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@zaryia: just takes a little common sense but I know that’s been replaced with “I WANT EVIDENCE YOUR HONOR” on forums.

#178 Posted by LuxuryHeart (982 posts) -
@Jacanuk said:

I did nothing of the kind.

The first post after the initial one was to your idiotic post where you picked an F2P game up against a Paid game and then you move it again when you suddenly compare the income and not sales and also compare titles that come out every single year and also titles that span over decades.

In fact, You keep moving the goal post each time you get disproving this is a complete idiotic conversation.

I get it you do not like GTA or Rockstar that is fine but it does not change the facts.

You're the one comparing a game on every platform to a game tied to one or two platforms per generation. How is that a fair comparison? Though I'll humor you... Minecraft is a paid game on every platform like GTA, and it sold more. GTA is not the biggest game no matter how you slice it. It's not the biggest for sales, with userbase, gross revenue, etc. Take Two isn't even the biggest earner as far as software only companies go. There isn't anything wrong with that either. I like Zelda, and it's far from the biggest game. The problem is when their fanboys get delusional and spew wrong information. You remind me of Metroid and F-Zero fans who think those games will move Switch units. It's nice that Nintendo has those games for their core fans, but they will not be moving a large number of Switch consoles; to state otherwise is delusional.

#179 Edited by Dark_sageX (3259 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

@zaryia: just takes a little common sense.

You clearly have a different definition of common sense, and whats wrong with asking for evidence? all you have with you is confirmation bias, you didn't prove shit, you're just trolling, and that is not an accusation I take lightly.

#180 Edited by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@Dark_sageX: Am I suppose to care that YOU don’t take it lightly?

Then don’t say it bc as I said it takes a little common sense.

You can spin that any way you want to ask for evidence and all that other bullshit that has become the staple of online nerds.

Heres a story: I say something about salt being bad for you. Someone replies “you need salt to survive though???”. The common sense is that too much salt is linked to high blood pressure. But bc there’s hard evidence that says you need salt to survive...common sense goes out the window. Another person had to reply that salt and BP are linked.

I swear you guys are like lawyers trying to get a murderer off on a technicality. Or there so much circumstantial evidence that it’s clear but the DNA and the finger prints is what you need.

#181 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29524 posts) -

Oh man, Rockstar will surely feel that !!!

_______

Sure, it can be frustrating that Rockstar almost always has PC version planned, without ever talking to their fans about it. But that's just how it is, there is no solution for that. People just need to accept it and move on with their lives.

I may not be able to play RDR 2 (wait, I have an Xbox and PS4 right here :/). But I will play what is probably the best version of BF V in a few weeks.

#182 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: even a $1000 PC isn’t the best version of BFV.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#183 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12508 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: You won't be playing it with many people because it is looking like a sales bomb.

#184 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1518 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

Its mouse and keyboard, so by default it is.

Sorry.

#185 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

BS!

#186 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (24728 posts) -
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

@R4gn4r0k: You won't be playing it with many people because it is looking like a sales bomb.

Nah, that's just speculation. Even if only 1 million people buy it, and 100k actively play it, that's more than enough people.

#187 Edited by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@kali-b1rd said:
@that_old_guy said:

Sorry.

So now best version doesn’t mean graphics?

So how many years are you going to act as If haven't happened when arguing this with PC gamers.

Have fun moving those goalpost....they’re heavy.

#188 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@that_old_guy said:

BS!

Retort for the ages.

#189 Posted by DrLostRib (4367 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@that_old_guy said:

Sorry.

So how many years are you going to act as If haven't happened when arguing this with PC gamers.

wut?

#190 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:
@davillain- said:
@that_old_guy said:

BS!

Retort for the ages.

?

#191 Posted by Jag85 (12408 posts) -
@zaryia said:

Only 3 of those reviews could potentially be PC gamers. Were is the huge "bombing"? Most 0 reviews appear to be about bugs and boring open world.

I need proof of rampant 0s via tons of PC users.

It's also worth noting that GTA IV & V also have similar user ratings to RDR2... even the PC versions of GTA IV & V have similar user ratings. Which contradicts the claim that the low scores are coming mostly from PC gamers. While some of the low scores are coming from PC gamers, most of the low scores are more likely to be coming from the same Rockstar-hating folks who downrated GTA IV & V (including the PC versions).

#192 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@drlostrib: learn to spell alt.

#193 Edited by R4gn4r0k (29524 posts) -
@DragonfireXZ95 said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

Nah, that's just speculation. Even if only 1 million people buy it, and 100k actively play it, that's more than enough people.

All we know for sure is that it isn't as popular as RDR 2 and COD: Blops IIII.

And honestly, I think I can live with that.

#194 Posted by Ezekiel43 (736 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@that_old_guy said:

Sorry.

Have fun moving those goalpost....they’re heavy.

He's right. Controller aiming sucks. Don't know why console players so stubbornly latch on to this clumsy input. It's fine for games that don't involve shooting and have simpler mechanics, but almost all of the big ones now do involve shooting. I probably won't play BFV anyway. Dice forgot what fun is.

#195 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@ezekiel43: Man I used to sound just like you.

Dunno maybe it’s getting older and you just learn to have fun. Maybe I just enjoyed the challenge of learning a new controller scheme other than KB/M.

Either way...YOU suck at aiming with a controller.

Online shooters like Destiny prove there some sort of skill levels.

#196 Edited by Ezekiel43 (736 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

@ezekiel43: Man I used to sound just like you.

Dunno maybe it’s getting older and you just learn to have fun. Maybe I just enjoyed the challenge of learning a new controller scheme other than KB/M.

Either way...YOU suck at aiming with a controller.

Online shooters like Destiny prove there some sort of skill levels.

I still play console shooters from time to time. The difference is that I don't deny I have a preference and that one is arguably better than the other. You won't admit it because it's not convenient for you to do so. You're full of it. Kali-b1rd is right. If two versions of a shooter are about the same in other areas, the one with good mouse and keyboard support is superior, because gameplay is most important.

#197 Edited by DrLostRib (4367 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

que?

#198 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@ezekiel43: That’s nice.

Unfortunately after 13 years of KB/M I tried something new in 2013. I enjoyed it.

I’m not going to admit what? That there’s more freedom, for the lack of a better word, using a KB/M....sure I’ll admit that. The accuracy, the quick turning, all of that.

That doesn’t mean, someone who enjoys a controller more and is better at one, that controller is the best for them.

Graphics are objective unless you’re comparing 2 styles. But someone might not like KB/M over controller therefore...it’s not the best.

#199 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@drlostrib said:
@that_old_guy said:

que?

Tu parle francais, alt?

#200 Posted by Sam3231 (2517 posts) -

The master race wouldn't know what good taste is anyway.