Take-Two Interactive dodges RDR2 on PC question

• 101 results
#1 Posted by Juub1990 (8247 posts) -

"Investor: Red Dead 1 was not on PC. Any updated thoughts on making Red Dead 2 available on PC down the road? Thanks.

Strauss Zelnick (Chairman and CEO of Take-Two): Sorry, could you just repeat the third question?

Investor: Yeah, Strauss, just on making Red Dead 2 available on PC.

Strauss Zelnick: On making it available on PC?

Lainie Goldstein (also Take-Two): PC.

Strauss Zelnick: In terms of ongoing releases, Rockstar will talk about what their intentions are going forward with regard to all upcoming products and that the same would hold true for platform. So, in this particular instance, I can’t really give you too much clarity, apologies"

Source: http://m.hexus.net/gaming/news/industry/124121-take-two-dodges-rdr2-pc-question-conference-call/?fbclid=IwAR2jMQTPWX7PSANaNFnoU-bVOC3yk-7x8DsJHf0xt2CoG7NOkDz8CGTkiuc

#2 Posted by Howmakewood (5532 posts) -

shocker

#3 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5970 posts) -

Its why I got the Pro... They didn't release the first on PC either so I sceptical about 2 coming and even if it did I aint waiting a year.

#4 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29524 posts) -

Take-Two has zero control over what Rockstar does or doesn't do.

Still, Rockstar will make RDR 2 for PC. Consolites keep bringing up the one game that didn't hit PC, but they seem to forget the two dozen others that did.

#5 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

Oh really? I thought they weren't releasing it on PC at all. Could've fooled me.

#6 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

lol

:P

Avatar image for the_master_race
#7 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

lol

didn't know ppl turn to skeletons in 6 month bcuz that's all it takes for RDR2 to come to PC

#8 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

@the_master_race said:
@SecretPolice said:

lol

didn't know ppl turn to skeletons in 6 month bcuz that's all it takes for RDR2 to come to PC

6 months in a desert with no food, water or shelter will do it every time. lol

Anyway, got a link for this 6 month timeline whereby you confirm RDR2 will be on PC? :P

#9 Edited by the_master_race (4477 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:
@the_master_race said:
@SecretPolice said:

lol

Anyway, got a link for this 6 month timeline whereby you confirm RDR2 will be on PC? :P

no food , no water !!! hell naw , we're packed and ready

#10 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

@the_master_race said:
@SecretPolice said:
@the_master_race said:
@SecretPolice said:

lol

no food , no water !!! hell naw , we're packed and ready

Lolol, Awesome my friend, thanks for playing along. :)

#11 Edited by xantufrog (10093 posts) -

Lol. "P... C... *cough* I don't.... can you repeat... *cough* I... What is a P... *cough* [corporate canned response that can has cheeseburger neither confirm nor deny thusly]"

#12 Posted by scatteh316 (9952 posts) -

It will be on PC in 2 years time.

I would bet money that RDR2 is also a cross generation game just like GTA5 was and will ultimately release on PC when Rockstar release RDR2 on the next set of consoles.

#13 Posted by kuu2 (10941 posts) -

More Nostradamus threads. I thought Hermits were the master race.

#14 Posted by scatteh316 (9952 posts) -
@the_master_race said:
@SecretPolice said:

lol

It them just over 12 months to release GTA5 on PC so 6 months is laughable.

#15 Edited by Gatygun (1297 posts) -

They won't talk about it, because they want to sell as much console copy's as possible so those idiots keep double dipping and eventually tripple dipping for next generation consoles.

Also with no online from what i understand atm, there isn't much reason to release it now on PC to start with.

#16 Edited by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:
@the_master_race said:

PC has 100 more high scoring games over PS4 this gen......

More like 6 months in Hugh Heffner's Playboy Mansion. While PS4 is some dude living in a studio apartment with rats.

#17 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

@zaryia said:
@SecretPolice said:
@the_master_race said:

PC has 100 more high scoring games over PS4 this gen......

More like 6 months in Hugh Heffner's Playboy Mansion. While PS4 is some dude living in a studio apartment with rats.

Lol... Yeah, PS Bore sucks bigly.. Agreed. lol

Didn't, Hugh, just recently sell that dump?

I kid about it being a dump, of course. :P

#18 Posted by Techhog89 (3093 posts) -
@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Its why I got the Pro... They didn't release the first on PC either so I sceptical about 2 coming and even if it did I aint waiting a year.

If it weren't coming they'd just say "no."

#19 Posted by sealionact (3235 posts) -

@zaryia: Hugh is dead, and the mansion is a dated, obsolete space living on past glories... Quite the comparison to pc actually.

#20 Posted by Archangel3371 (26443 posts) -

No one should be surprised with this, companies make these comments all the time.

#21 Posted by SchnabbleTab (1440 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@zaryia: Hugh is dead, and the mansion is a dated, obsolete space living on past glories... Quite the comparison to pc actually.

Sounds more like console TBH, you know, with that dated and obsolete hardware and all. The most used consoles like the OG PS4 can't even do 1080 consistently in 2018, the X1 even struggles with 720 at times.

720p in 2018....

#22 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29524 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

Lol. "P... C... *cough* I don't.... can you repeat... *cough* I... What is a P... *cough* [corporate canned response that can has cheeseburger neither confirm nor deny thusly]"

Yeah this made me lol too

@scatteh316 said:

It will be on PC in 2 years time.

I would bet money that RDR2 is also a cross generation game just like GTA5 was and will ultimately release on PC when Rockstar release RDR2 on the next set of consoles.

Yup, I mean why wouldn't Rockstar ? Multiple purchases of GTA V earned them loads of money, so they'll be doing the exact same thing here.

First current gen consoles, then next gen, and finally PC.

#23 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42400 posts) -

They're going to play it by ear. This is not a consumer concern, this is a money concern for them; if they can withhold it for a period of time, see how many sales they can get on console, then sell all the DLC to consoles first, and then go to PC after all that is done, they will. If they don't reach their goals initially with console, we might get it earlier.

They're not telling us anything because they can either have it ready in January 2019 for PC, or have it ready in early 2020...it really is about what suits their goals.

First, they have to bleed the console gamers dry. Only then will a PC version come out.

#24 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@the_master_race said:
@SecretPolice said:

lol

6 month , 12 month , 2 years .... what matters is that it will come to PC

#25 Posted by GarGx1 (10562 posts) -

If they want my money, they'll release it on PC. If not I'll just spend it elsewhere. No big deal.

#26 Posted by sealionact (3235 posts) -

@SchnabbleTab: Well if it isn't another gif merchant. Feel free to look up the percentage of pcs in the world that can even handle the simplest of games available on a current console....

#27 Posted by scatteh316 (9952 posts) -
@the_master_race said:
@scatteh316 said:
@the_master_race said:
@SecretPolice said:

lol

6 month , 12 month , 2 years .... what matters is that it will come to PC

To which you have zero proof.

#28 Posted by pyro1245 (4268 posts) -

Strauss? Isn't that the guy who said they were under-monetizing GTAV?

#29 Edited by Syn_Valence (1741 posts) -

First one didn't, and they never said it was or wasn't. Kinda like this one.

#30 Posted by GarGx1 (10562 posts) -
@sealionact said:

@SchnabbleTab: Well if it isn't another gif merchant. Feel free to look up the percentage of pcs in the world that can even handle the simplest of games available on a current console....

Where are you benching "current console"? Someone using an X1X has a far more powerful machine than someone using a base PS4 but there are far more PS4's in use than X1X's. Anyway even if it's only 1% (which is highly unlikely given the annual revenue from PC software is almost as much as all consoles and PC hardware revenue dwarfs all 3 consoles combined) there are still more PC's in the world that are more powerful than the PS4 (middle of the road and most commonly used) console.

It's hard to find an exact number (with a 1 minute google search) but as of 2014 there were nearly 2 billion in use and was expected to pass 2 billion in 2016. So we'll call it 2 billion for a round number. It's from an American site so that would be 2,000,000,000/100 for 1% = 20,000,000,000 (20 million). How many consoles have been sold in total again?

#31 Edited by bigfootpart2 (1136 posts) -

They don't want to cannibalize sales. If people hear it's coming to PC they will stop buying the console versions.

If they keep quiet about the PC version they can do what they did with GTA V and end up selling a lot of people both a console and a PC copy of the game. I'm a good example of this. I bought GTA V on PS3 when it came out, then bought the massively superior PC version and played it again a few years later.

This is a really smart business decision and they will make way more money than they would if they just told us the truth that it's probably coming out on PC in a year or so.

#32 Posted by pyro1245 (4268 posts) -

I think it's a bit naive to think RDR2 won't come to PC after seeing how they released GTAV. Not only did they sell a bunch on both generations of consoles, but then they sold a bunch to PC players, and then proceeded to capitalize on all those players with GTA Online.

We can squabble about stupid shit until the cows stop saying stupid shit. Time will tell though.

Don't want to wait for a better version? You can get the best experience RDR2 can currently provide on X1X.

#33 Posted by AJStyles (247 posts) -

It’s never coming to PC.

He dodged the question because he doesn’t want bad press from the neckbeard hermits.

Hermits recently had a meltdown over no diablo 4 and tomb raider going on sale.

These hermits are also already review bombing RDR2 for not being on PC.

Why should Rockstar make any more games for those types of people?

#34 Posted by sealionact (3235 posts) -

@GarGx1: Uh....something like 80 million ps4s alone.

80 is a bigger number than 20.... See how that works? You couldn't have screwed up your point anymore if you tried...

...oh wait, you could. Your second number is 20 Billion...not million.

#35 Posted by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@sealionact said:

Sadly no console currently touches PC at gs, mc, or df.

#36 Posted by GarGx1 (10562 posts) -
@sealionact said:

@GarGx1: Uh....something like 80 million ps4s alone.

80 is a bigger number than 20.... See how that works? You couldn't have screwed up your point anymore if you tried...

...oh wait, you could. Your second number is 20 Billion...not million.

Lol, yeah fair enough I screwed up my maths and typing there :) I'll chalk that up to tiredness after a long week of 12 hour shifts.

I was actually thinking 10%, which given that there were around 30 million GPU's shifted in Q2 of 2018 alone (remember the Crypto craze is dead now), Couple that with the PS4 being about the same as a GTX 1050 (GTX 960 or GTX 770) then 200,000,000 is not an unfeasible number.

Unless you're willing to fork out a couple of grand for actual data reports (I'm not) then hard figures are about as hard to find as the actual number of X1X's sold.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#37 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12508 posts) -

I hope they never release it for PC.

#38 Posted by scatteh316 (9952 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@sealionact said:

How many AAA games does PC have so far in 2018 vs PS4?

#39 Edited by BassMan (9442 posts) -

Classic stall tactics. They will keep avoiding talking about the PC version as they want you to buy it on console first and then double dip on PC. I refuse to play it on console. Rockstar is the only major third party developer that does this kind of shit. It's totally anti-consumer. They get away with it because their games are so good. Total abuse of power.

#40 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1518 posts) -
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's ok, It will be on PS Now like all other Sony Exclusives will be... or should I say multiplats...

#41 Edited by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:
@sealionact said:

PC currently has 100 more high scoring games (8+) at MC (and GS) than PS4 this gen.

Don't spin with restrictions I never stated. My sentence was a fact and remains so.

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#42 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12508 posts) -
@kali-b1rd said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

It's ok, It will be on PS Now like all other Sony Exclusives will be... or should I say multiplats...

So it will come to PC in the form of low quality subscription based streaming? Have fun.

#43 Edited by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

So it will come to PC in the form of low quality Have fun.

So basically how PS4 plays most multiplats, aka most video games.

I suppose you somehow found a way to "have fun" with those.

#44 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1518 posts) -
@NathanDrakeSwag said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@NathanDrakeSwag said:

So it will come to PC in the form of low quality subscription based streaming? Have fun.

Sounds like a typical console experience to me, at least its playable though, unlike the reverse :(

#45 Edited by scatteh316 (9952 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:
@sealionact said:

PC has 100 more high scoring games (8+) at MC (and GS) than PS4 this gen.

Don't spin with restrictions I never stated. My sentence was a fact and remains so.

Can you please answer my question instead of dodging it.

Or should I take your dodging as a form of defeat?

#46 Edited by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:

The issue is your question doesn't counter my claim. You're making up your own rules to suggest my claim is wrong.

PC is currently first place at MC this gen. It has a 100 game lead over the second next system.

P.S. You and me both specifically know why you are using the random 9.0 cut off (SW has historically used 8.0+), several PC games that are 87-89 are 90+ on consoles. Saying Monster Hunter, Forza, Celeste, etc. don't count as video games on PC is asinine.

#47 Edited by scatteh316 (9952 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:

The issue is your question doesn't counter my claim. You're making up your own rules to suggest my claim is wrong.

PC is currently first place at MC this gen. It has a 100 game lead over the second next system.

P.S. You and me both specifically know why you are using the random 9.0 cut off (SW has historically used 8.0+), several PC games that are 87-89 are 90+ on consoles. Saying Monster Hunter, Forza, Celeste, etc. don't count as video games on PC is asinine.

And you continue to dodge my question.

Can you tell me how many AAA games PS4 has vs PC since 2013?

Can you tell me how many GOTY winners and contenders PC has vs PS4 since 2013?

And claiming scores differ per system does't count is making up your own rules and cherry picking the raw data.

#48 Edited by Zaryia (6716 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:

And claiming scores differ per system does't count is making up your own rules and cherry picking the raw data.

Claiming that PC objectively has the most 8s that are 9s on other systems is not making up rules, it's telling you for a fact why we use 8+ here for MC. It's telling you for a fact why 8s count. GS accounts for this by normalizing multiplat scores, and as such PC has both higher AAA and AA with a huge total lead here. The specific reason as to why you only do 9+ and MC is because you know over a dozen 8s on PC are 9s on consoles. We both know this.

PC is in the lead at MC with over high scoring 100 games. 8's count. No matter what you say. Monster Hunter, Forza, Celeste, Witcher 3 HW, etc aren't automatically games that don't belong on a PC gen library list because you said so.

Avatar image for blackhairedhero
#49 Posted by Blackhairedhero (2352 posts) -

@scatteh316: Do you think they will re-release the game on consoles? If they are all backwards compatable they can just patch them.

#50 Posted by scatteh316 (9952 posts) -
@zaryia said:
@scatteh316 said:

Claiming that PC objectively has the most 8s that are 9s on other systems is not making up rules, it's telling you for a fact why we use 8+ here.

To account for the padding.

PC is in the lead at MC with over high scoring 100 games. 8's count. No matter what you say. Monster Hunter, Forza, Celeste, Witcher 3 HW, etc aren't automatically games that don't belong on a PC library list because you said so.

You are cherry picking the raw data.

Now can you answer my original question and tell me how many AAA games PC has so far in 2018 vs PS4.