System Wars Lounge v76 -- The Haunted and Holidays Edition!

#151 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Forgot how janky the original Mortal Kombats were. The AI getting close to you is an automatic lose pretty much. Less skill and more figuring out how to cheese it. Much like SF2 arcade version, it's AI outright cheats with no charges, punshable and in some cases (Alpha 3) uses special OP moves you can't.

Nothing really beats Gill. Pretty much anything you do he can counter. And if you do manage to down him, full health regen with a magic "game force" pulling you away to stop interrupting it.

#152 Edited by lundy86_4 (50933 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

These are movies I'm looking forward to and predict that they will do pretty good.

Is that Christian Bale as Cheney? Because that was damned good. Both in acting and prosthetics... Assuming it wasn't digital aging.

That guy is not only a great actor, but he goes to stupid extremes for his roles (weight loss/gain.)

#153 Edited by watercrack445 (858 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@watercrack445 said:

These are movies I'm looking forward to and predict that they will do pretty good.

Is that Christian Bale as Cheney? Because that was damned good. Both in acting and prosthetics... Assuming it wasn't digital aging.

That guy is not only a great actor, but he goes to stupid extremes for his roles (weight loss/gain.)

yes

#154 Posted by lundy86_4 (50933 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

yes

Jesus. That is commitment. I commit my time to trying to lose weight consistently lol.

#155 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@watercrack445 said:

yes

Jesus. That is commitment. I commit my time to trying to lose weight consistently lol.

Yep, that was indeed Christian Bale as Cheney, took me by surprise when I saw the trailer awhile back.

#156 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

This is pretty interesting, in the creation in SoulCalibur VI, someone made a mod out of Bowsette (I also saw Princess Boo) and I gotta admit, it's pretty impressive for a mod. If Namco were to make SCVI Switch version, they'd make a fortune out of Bowsette as a Nintendo guest character exclusive.

Loading Video...
#157 Posted by henrythefifth (1959 posts) -

So I got a birthday present email from Gamestop.

30% off any game!!! -coupon.

Great, I thought, I'll use it on RDR2!

And then I read the small print... 30% off the cheapest game when you buy two or more 'recycled' games.

Sigh....

#158 Edited by nintendoboy16 (35468 posts) -

My god! Currently at work on my lunch break and I have NEVER had a day this psychotic.

EDIT: Shift is done, and it only got more crazy. Song's title sums up how I feel:

Loading Video...

#159 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

I didn't know Esports will be inductee TotalBiscuit into the Esports Hall of Fame! Totally well deserve to the late youtuber :)

R.I.P John Bain AKA TotalBiscuit.

#160 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Glad decided to pick up Ash VS Evil Dead again, such a dam fun show.

#161 Edited by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -

@davillain-: ReeeeeesetERA isn't happy about it.

Also, dang I missed recloud's meltdown today

#162 Posted by getyeryayasout (11913 posts) -

Dark Souls on Switch, Castlevania Requiem on PS4, and RDR2 on X1X. It's been a good week, yes sir.

#163 Edited by lundy86_4 (50933 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

That seriously depressed me. I've always liked poking fun at his "snuggle-wumpkins" responses, ever since he gave me one... Can't be modded if he does the same lol. Mine were just downright weirder.

#164 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@lundy86_4 said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

That seriously depressed me. I've always liked poking fun at his "snuggle-wumpkins" responses, ever since he gave me one... Can't be modded if he does the same lol. Mine were just downright weirder.

I tried to be reasonable with ReCloud, he always hated PC & Xbox gamers alike here and he just takes this place seriously then just poking fun. If this is how he think SW is all about, then yeah, I'm glad the Mods finally show him near the exit door.

#165 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

After working 75hrs this week I have no intention of gaming on my only day off.

#166 Posted by SOedipus (11196 posts) -

I’m disappointed that Castlevania Requiem uses the PSP version’s dialogue. What is a man?!

#167 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@lundy86_4 said:

I tried to be reasonable with ReCloud, he always hated PC & Xbox gamers alike here and he just takes this place seriously then just poking fun. If this is how he think SW is all about, then yeah, I'm glad the Mods finally show him near the exit door.

It showed his true personality in general. SW shouldn't be such serious business! I don't hate Sony, I just like poking fun, I learned my lesson going too personal against Indzman. I got caught up on the moment of exposing him a fraud he was.

As for ReCloud, he took it way too personal when against Xbox Fans and I figured, so that's how he really is in real life?

#168 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

God dam, beef jerky's pretty expensive to get.

#169 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -
@howmakewood said:
@XVision84 said:

Does anybody know what happened to Chaz? He used to be so active here!

He's putting the work in on neogaf

Nope, he's on REEEEEESet Era and manages a small gaming site now

#170 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -

Where's @nepu7supastar7? Want to tell her that WWE Evolution, the first Women's Only PPV, was great and done right.

#171 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:

Where's @nepu7supastar7? Want to tell her that WWE Evolution, the first Women's Only PPV, was great and done right.

She's been posting here in SW & OT random threads.

#172 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

She's been posting here in SW & OT random threads.

Oh, I thought she was still upset that there were some that didn't agree with her about Ghostbusters 2016

#173 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (4705 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man:

I was never a big fan of WWE. 😑 I could never get over all those stupid bra and panty matches.

#174 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@FireEmblem_Man:

I was never a big fan of WWE. 😑 I could never get over all those stupid bra and panty matches.

That era is long gone, you're missing out. They're not Diva's anymore, They're WOMEN Superstars.

Loading Video...
#175 Edited by nepu7supastar7 (4705 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man:

Ehhh, still....wrestling.... The only wrestling show I've been watching is GLOW on Netflix. Badass show too.

#176 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -
@nepu7supastar7 said:

@FireEmblem_Man:

Ehhh, still....wrestling.... The only wrestling show I've been watching is GLOW on Netflix. Badass show too.

I liked the 1st season better. Still, it's a huge Evolution compared to the old "Bra and Pantie" matches. And you think a sexist "incel" like me would criticize it? Hell, I was blown away, including the male wrestling fans that weren't too kind to women's wrestling. Still very good.

#177 Edited by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Tobey Maguire dancing goofy was too intelligent for Christopher Nolan watching Batman munchers.

Loading Video...

#178 Edited by Elpresador-911 (1044 posts) -

my wife :)

#179 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@elpresador-911 said:

my wife :)

She's beautiful :)

#180 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

Henry Cavill as Geralt in the upcoming Netflix Witcher series first impression comes from Twitter and I gotta admit, he looks too much like Legolas LotR but then again, they are aiming for Geralt based on the books, so this could be a hit or a miss.

#181 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Daredevil S3 was abit hokey, some clingy dialogue. But overall still light-years better than the shit in season 2.

They seem to have purposefully removed all the super-natural magic shit, ninjas and references to "The Marvel Universe", and simplified down to a big bald bastard and a man who is exceptional at throwing office items.

#182 Posted by UItravioIence (1104 posts) -

Watched "The Endless" on Netflix. Thought it was really good. It's about two dudes who left a cult,only to go back later and weird shiit happens. If you watch it and like it, check out Resolution. It's the same directors and its kind of a prequel to The Endless. I think they have a trilogy in mind.

#183 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -

Not a fan of Lady Gaga, but damn she has great taste in gaming and enjoying Bayonetta

#184 Posted by Archangel3371 (26444 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: That’s pretty cool.

#185 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -
@Archangel3371 said:

@FireEmblem_Man: That’s pretty cool.

Looking at her fan tweets, they're clueless of the game and are finding out. Free marketing.

#186 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -

@musicalmac Are you going away again? :'(

#187 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -

@Archangel3371 "Says a bunch of Nerds online!" Yet forgets you're posting in GS and in SW and is being a nerd. Yet forgets that we ALL are nerds regardless

Loading Video...

#188 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Since Guinan existed, and was much better at counseling, Diana Troi had no point.

#189 Posted by Archangel3371 (26444 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: Excelsior! 😂

#190 Posted by musicalmac (24981 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man: Naw, I'll be around. Busy markets mean busy mac, that's all.

#191 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

God, fireworks stink.

#192 Posted by SOedipus (11196 posts) -

Haunted Hill House, or hatever, was pretty good.

#194 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -
@musicalmac said:

Take a look at this

#195 Edited by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Rewatching it, the Gotham pilot was actually really, really good.

Think just went in with childish "if it ain't Batman", than looking at the show for what it is.

#196 Posted by musicalmac (24981 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@musicalmac said:

Take a look at this

Heh, I'm not sure it's a one to one comparison. Interesting thought nonetheless.

And by markets, I mean the stock market. :P

#197 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

They made Kane fabulous.

#198 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6274 posts) -

Why u no English, Yakuza Kiwami?

#199 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Thanks Bill.

Loading Video...

#200 Posted by Evil_Loli (69 posts) -

@davillain-: You know, I been meaning to ask you this question. How often do you change you're avatar & signature pics? You sure love changing you're avatars alot!