System Wars Lounge v76 -- The Haunted and Holidays Edition!

#101 Posted by UItravioIence (1104 posts) -

My Gunpla collection is growing. Think it's time I invest in a airbrush and start custom painting. Really loving this hobby.

#102 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:
@davillain- said:

@watercrack445: I remember when I was 11 years old, I actually eat an Alligator, it basically taste like Chicken :)

wow, amazing! (I will assume gator meat will have the same textures and everything as a chicken.)

Back then, the Gator was really good, the meat itself was just an ordinary anime meet between Beef & Chicken breast like.

#103 Posted by Evil_Loli (69 posts) -

@lundy86_4: I am super doper late on that PC thread. I thought about Prebuild PC's, but at the same time, I just don't have the money nor time to pick out the best PC, and plus, I just find it that using my Xbox One X is by far the best all in one gaming device and other features to go with it.

#104 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

@evil_loli said:

@lundy86_4: I am super doper late on that PC thread. I thought about Prebuild PC's, but at the same time, I just don't have the money nor time to pick out the best PC, and plus, I just find it that using my Xbox One X is by far the best all in one gaming device and other features to go with it.

SP Approved!!! :P

#105 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:
@evil_loli said:

She's really a fan of the Xbox family, Loli just happens to play that is simple to plug it in and play.

If only she stops stalking me!

#106 Edited by Evil_Loli (69 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:
@evil_loli said:

Why thanks :3

@davillain- said:

She's really a fan of the Xbox family, Loli just happens to play that is simple to plug it in and play.

If only she stops stalking me!

You did introduce me to this site awhile back after all, you are my to-go-guide around this place.

By the way, I see you are playing Monster Girl Quest, how is it?

#107 Posted by XVision84 (14469 posts) -

Does anybody know what happened to Chaz? He used to be so active here!

#108 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

Oh him, he's on Discord. As some of the active decent users here in System Wars & myself. Charizard1605 has been gone over a year and he's on hiatus, but he's kinda active in Discord.

#109 Posted by XVision84 (14469 posts) -

@davillain-: Gotcha, thanks! Didn't know you guys made a discord, look at y'all getting all warm and comfortable with each other instead of waging fanboy wars :P

#110 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

@davillain-: Gotcha, thanks! Didn't know you guys made a discord, look at y'all getting all warm and comfortable with each other instead of waging fanboy wars :P

System Wars itself sunk so badly over the years, we lost a lot of good decent posters, too many Xbox One bash threads were all fun and games, they all played out and remaking the threads just got so bad here. When Charizard1605 left System Wars, this place fell apart without him cause he was the one making good threads. I still come to System Wars because Gamespot is the only gaming site I call home here, so I ain't going anywhere. But it's pretty damn close for me to call it quits though.

#111 Posted by XVision84 (14469 posts) -

@davillain-: I noticed the drop in activity, so that's why. It doesn't seem so bad now though and I'm sure it can get better if more users contribute over time!

#112 Posted by Howmakewood (5532 posts) -
@XVision84 said:

He's putting the work in on neogaf

#113 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Spreading the good word.

#114 Edited by XVision84 (14469 posts) -

@howmakewood: That site still exists? I thought they jumped ship and formed Resetera or something

#115 Posted by Howmakewood (5532 posts) -

@XVision84: I meant Era ye, think the old one does still exist, but quite the ghost town

#116 Edited by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

The idea of "Hide and Q" is great, superb even, but it should have been a longer elongated episode to let it sink it incrementally. As a one parter it rushes the episodes and completely ruins the point. Feels artificial.

Most of the first season of TNG sucks. Not Discovery bad, nothing is. Even Enterprise is better, and that's the suckyest of sucks.

(Respect to Conan for visuals, the only good thing)

#117 Posted by watercrack445 (858 posts) -

China owns America.

#118 Edited by lundy86_4 (50933 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

China owns America.

In terms of buying world-debt... Definitely. Were you meant to quote somebody?

#119 Posted by Mandzilla (2151 posts) -

@watercrack445: And I own China (dinner plates) ergo, I own America. :)

#120 Posted by UItravioIence (1104 posts) -

Bought 5 mega millions tickets. I'll buy everyone here pizza and whiskey once a week for a year if I win.

#121 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

@watercrack445 said:

China owns America.

I really like China. They send me cheap print out illegally copyrighted posters at 1/10 the price.

#122 Posted by Mandzilla (2151 posts) -

@uitravioience: Well that's mighty generous of you, best of luck!

#123 Posted by Chutebox (44055 posts) -

Damn, Luke Cage cancelled too.

#124 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -
@Chutebox said:

Eh, that sucks, season 2 had a good cliffhanger.dragon fist (or whatever it's called) I get, that sucked.

#125 Edited by watercrack445 (858 posts) -

@lundy86_4: China is building a fake moon.

Fake moon = deathstar?

Hmmm?

Somebody should meme that...

#126 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@FireEmblem_Man said:
@i_p_daily said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:
@i_p_daily said:
@FireEmblem_Man said:

What team crashed and burned?

I was referring to my team in the NRL not NFL lol.

How do you feel of Rugby players trying out American Football?

Is there any currently playing in the NFL? I think there are former AFL (shit sport) players playing.

Hey if they can make it then good for them as I read somewhere the punters (which is the position most AFL players end up) get like a minimum million dollars a year to do hardly anything lol.

Jordan Mailata, He's playing with the Philadelphia Eagles as an Offensive Tackle. Also, Michael Dickson, who's a punter for the Seattle Seahawks, who did the dropkick ball.

Loading Video...

I remember that, the American sports press went nuts over it which surprises me, because you would think that sports commentators would watch sports from around the world, but I guess not lol.

#127 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@Chutebox said:

Eh, that sucks, season 2 had a good cliffhanger.dragon fist (or whatever it's called) I get, that sucked.

Ok, I'm convinced. Without a doubt Marvel is intentionally trying to get these shows off Netflix. Jessica Jones season 3 is already done being filmed, but that was months ago. I see it being announced canceled after Daredevil and Punisher.

I think all parties want to part ways, but aren't trying to ruin business for each other. Netflix isn't interested in potentially advertising their next huge competitor. Especially if the Marvel product Netflix has looks inferior to the Disney version. This is all my speculation. I can believe IF numbers could have dropped, but this "creative differences" thing sounds like something else was going on.

#128 Posted by Chutebox (44055 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@Chutebox said:

Ok, I'm convinced. Without a doubt Marvel is intentionally trying to get these shows off Netflix. Jessica Jones season 3 is already done being filmed, but that was months ago. I see it being announced canceled after Daredevil and Punisher.

I think all parties want to part ways, but aren't trying to ruin business for each other. Netflix isn't interested in potentially advertising their next huge competitor. Especially if the Marvel product Netflix has looks inferior to the Disney version. This is all my speculation. I can believe IF numbers could have dropped, but this "creative differences" thing sounds like something else was going on.

marvel has been up front they want their own properties, because apparently we need another streaming service (The Disney one).

#129 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Every-bodies gotta got their own backyard.

But yea, 1 more final season of Luke Cage, it seems setup than something resolved.

#130 Edited by XVision84 (14469 posts) -

What's with all the political threads suddenly popping up in System Wars? It looks like a chain reaction of one political thread leading to another, lol.

#131 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6274 posts) -

Loved Dare Devil season 3.

#132 Posted by lundy86_4 (50933 posts) -

Canada makes weed legal, and my condo immediately rules that no weed can be lit (smoked/vaped) on the premises (balcony or common areas.) Lame.

#133 Posted by XVision84 (14469 posts) -

@lundy86_4: It's to be expected that weed would follow similar restrictions as smoking tbh. They're doing the same thing at universities. It's gonna be an interesting transition period :P.

#134 Posted by lundy86_4 (50933 posts) -

@XVision84: They made smoking it like smoking a cigarette, rather than drinking, which is cool. Unfortunately, the condo act allows them to set the rules. I'll just have to walk a whole 100-ft, I guess.

#135 Posted by SOedipus (11196 posts) -

@lundy86_4: We got a similar letter, the day of legalization. I'm guessing that the point is so that other people don't have to smell it, ...not that it's ever stopped people before.

@XVision84 said:

What's with all the political threads suddenly popping up in System Wars? It looks like a chain reaction of one political thread leading to another, lol.

It keeps things interesting. You get people who don't post regularly jumping in with the sword ready. Makes for a fun read.

#136 Edited by lundy86_4 (50933 posts) -

@SOedipus: Definitely the point, and I respect that. Unfortunately, I live in a condo with older people. Sucks, but not the end of the world... Definitely gonna smoke on the road 100-ft away and just walk home.

Funny, cos the weed smell just doesn't stick like tobacco smoke.

----

Somebody shared a facebook post from Niagara Regional Police, because they got called out to a 911 call for pot-smoking... They had to post on their facebook that it's not illegal anymore lol.

#137 Posted by SOedipus (11196 posts) -

@lundy86_4: Yeah it's definitely not as bad as cigarettes. We just use a vaporizer, which gives off no smell. Unless someone wants to get right in my face and smell my breath lol.

#138 Posted by lundy86_4 (50933 posts) -

@SOedipus: lol, exactly what i'm gonna do once I have the $200ish spare... Cheap vape-pens scare me to death with batteries.

#139 Posted by Chutebox (44055 posts) -

@lundy86_4: The shit stinks man. I hate driving with Windows down now (in cali). All I smell is weed or tabacco.

#140 Edited by lundy86_4 (50933 posts) -

@Chutebox: Weed smell is non-lingering (largely.) Tobacco is the exact opposite. Still, there's a difference in being offensive and just lingering and smoking... That's obnoxious. I have far more respect for my neighbours and other condo owners in my building. Due to my area being more affluent (we moved here at the right time,) many of my neighbours are 20+ years older than me.

#141 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Steven Seagal's abit of a dong.

Loading Video...

#142 Posted by FireEmblem_Man (18710 posts) -

Welp, I hope I didn't make @nepu7supastar7 cry regarding Ghostbusters, especially my post about the next Terminator.

#143 Edited by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -
@FireEmblem_Man said:

Welp, I hope I didn't make @nepu7supastar7 cry regarding Ghostbusters, especially my post about the next Terminator.

I don't get the Terminator complaints. Sarah Conner was a bad ass woman (who felt real), as long as it wasn't Emilia Clarke, who's just bad in anything that isn't GOT.

Didn't they watch the last movies?

#144 Posted by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

By the way, I actually watch the live action Titans on DC App yesterday, only into episode 1. It's not as edgy as I thought it would be. I enjoyed all the Robin scenes, which reminded me of the Arkham games. Raven was better than expected, Starfire was as expected and I like the idea of her being a Prostitute, and Beast boy is still unknown to me.

All in all, it wasn't bad, Starfire feels a lot better than how the trailers portray her and the trailers themselves was bad but not after watching episode 1.

#145 Posted by getyeryayasout (11913 posts) -

Traded in my S at Gamestop for $250 credit towards a shiny new X. Here's some codes I can't use.

14 day xbox live trial: FP3HB-N7CJP-P4DB9-6PXT7-94RFF

1 month of Game Pass (new subscribers only): 47Q72-FXJK2-XYGQ7-226MG-KQHWZ

#146 Posted by watercrack445 (858 posts) -

Starfire is a prostitute?! Lol okay

An alien prostitute...

#147 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

Jesus Christ, that Bane design is even worse than Batman And Robin's. Looks like a Borg.

#148 Posted by watercrack445 (858 posts) -

@uninspiredcup: Where did he came from, the 1980s. lmao

#149 Posted by watercrack445 (858 posts) -

These are movies I'm looking forward to and predict that they will do pretty good.

Loading Video...

Loading Video...

In this one, I like the song they used.

Loading Video...

alrighty

#150 Edited by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

@watercrack445: Gotham

Glass looks awesome.