So the new iPad is more powerful than the majority of PC’s according to Steam...

  • 125 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for howmakewood
#51 Posted by Howmakewood (5472 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

@dxmcat: Your hero DrLostRib is an alt...why would you care if I’m one or not?

nobody could ever tell it's Lostrib

Avatar image for dxmcat
#52 Posted by dxmcat (2418 posts) -

@that_old_guy: Please continue soapboxing like you know something and/or me.

you dont

Avatar image for techhog89
#53 Posted by Techhog89 (2929 posts) -

Avatar image for SchnabbleTab
#54 Posted by SchnabbleTab (1410 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

@SchnabbleTab: well that wasn’t nice.

All bc I spoke of PC sales dipping bc of a new product.

Jeez, you guys are a class act.

I wasn't even mentioning that, try reading the quoted parts.

Avatar image for drlostrib
#55 Posted by DrLostRib (4294 posts) -
@howmakewood said:
@that_old_guy said:

@dxmcat: Your hero DrLostRib is an alt...why would you care if I’m one or not?

nobody could ever tell it's Lostrib

I'm an international man of mystery

Avatar image for ivangrozny
#56 Edited by IvanGrozny (828 posts) -

Lol except it cost as much as a decent gaming pc. For the same money, i can actually get a pc that will blow away that tablet.

Usual overpriced trash from Apple that has a sleek interface and nothing else except behind a paywall. Definitely will kill PC gaming 🙄 Can't wait to pay Apple subscription to get basic functionality that l can get for free on PC.

Apple is not even that popular outside the US and Canada. Most of Europe and Asia use android. And that's more than half of the planet population. Apple will die eventually.

Ps. Just checked the price. The price ranges between 1000 and 1250 US dollars plus taxes. TC is delusional as fook🙄

Avatar image for pyro1245
#57 Posted by pyro1245 (4110 posts) -

I wonder how it runs Civ VI. I've always wanted to try a Civ game on a touch screen.

Probably be cheaper to just buy a touch screen for my PC though. Probably a better experience too.

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#58 Posted by That_Old_Guy (527 posts) -

@SchnabbleTab: but it all started with that. It’s so upsetting!!

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#59 Posted by That_Old_Guy (527 posts) -

@dxmcat: I didn’t even claim to know anything about you.

It’s not like you’re my brother and you know everything about me.

I do now know you’re a quick to judgement and therefore a hypocrite.

Avatar image for dxmcat
#60 Posted by dxmcat (2418 posts) -

Nope.

Avatar image for crimson_v
#61 Edited by Crimson_V (94 posts) -

@that_old_guy:

Your threads never fail to deliver, i'm amazed how you can say the stupidest shit ever while thinking that you know shit, i mean trolling is about getting an entertaining reaction out of the other party not about making yourself look like the biggest dumbass around the forum.

Just to explain your thought process to others wondering how THIS brain fart of yours came to be, he saw the articles claiming that the IPad Pro 2 cpu is faster then some intel based tablet's, but the benchmark is very suspect (it's nearly impossible to get a legit benchmark comparing those two because the A12X's ARM and intels Kaby Lake R are very different architectures and use very different instructions and were running on different OS's and Geekbench isn't that great), and in the very same article the IPad Pro 2 also lost really badly to the intel tablets in terms of GPU performance, which by far have the worst GPU performance of any APU's, not to mention they aren't even in the same league as dGPU's.

and after all this he tried to compare these specs to what the average steam user has:

NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060

4 cores running at around 3.5GHz

8GB ram

and he managed to conclude that the A12X is better than that.

does this even qualify as trolling or is it just pure idiocy?

Avatar image for Macutchi
#62 Edited by Macutchi (6337 posts) -

@crimson_v said:

@that_old_guy:

Your threads never fail to deliver, i'm amazed how you can say the stupidest shit ever while thinking that you know shit, i mean trolling is about getting an entertaining reaction out of the other party not about making yourself look like the biggest dumbass around the forum.

the dumbass routine is often the bait and the entertaining reactions come from people trying to logically refute them

Avatar image for VanDammFan
#63 Posted by VanDammFan (4766 posts) -

@vaidream45 said:

@that_old_guy: stop it! Controls are a huge part of gaming and until one of these tablets pulls a Nintendo Switch and incorporates controllers attached properly to a tablet this conversion is mute. People game for fun. Cpu/gpu power doesnt make things fun. It’s like if I stripped my gaming pc of its mouse, keyboard, xbone controller, and hotas and bragged about how fun gaming is on my system is. Makes no sense.

conversation....and i think you are looking for the word, moot..

Avatar image for vaidream45
#64 Posted by Vaidream45 (1281 posts) -

@VanDammFan: are you proud of yourself for focusing on my phones autocorrect errors instead of the points made? You should be. Autocorrect is very important to gaming. 👍

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#65 Edited by That_Old_Guy (527 posts) -

@crimson_v: nice. All the talk about insults and how you hermits are so respectful and bc your piece of plastic isn’t in the brightest of light in this thread you’re throwing them out left and right.

How about I just respond with you’re all hypocritical Sheldons without the actual intelligence.

All I was saying is perhaps PC might take a hit from the particular market type that doesn’t go out and buy the latest and greatest since there will be a pretty dam powerful tablet with more functions possible as a PC than ever made by a company that “everyone” loves to buy products from....yearly.

Avatar image for mrbojangles25
#66 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42100 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

Is this the end of PC gaming as we know it.

I mean, MS is in the process of making cloud gaming available to any device. And the new iPad has a USB, so you can use actual gaming accessorie.

Most kids first gaming platform today is the iPad.

Many old school PC games like Runescape are doing well and translate well to current iPads.

And the biggest deal of all, if you can just Bluetooth your way to a HDTV, and daisy chain through the USB with a KB/M...it can play the likes of Crysis.

Games like a new XCOM would flourish on the new iPad.

And mobile is abdolutely huge in so many other cultures.

Is PC headed for a big change, where only the enthusiast play?

No, not the end of PC gaming. As we know it, or otherwise. And stop saying that; it wasn't entertaining ten years ago, it wasn't funny five years ago, and it's not any truer now. Swear to god if I had a nickel every time someone said "Derp PC gaming is dying" I'd be a millionaire. As for your other points:

I've always sort of assumed it has always been where the enthusiasts play, so no, not really a big change.

Mobile has always been huge (at least for the past decade or more), so again, not really a big change.

Also I don't think people are going to go to the trouble of hooking up their mouse and keyboard to it and playing Crysis, Battlefield, and so on. They're going to keep doing what they are currently doing; play casual mobile games that make billions of dollars.

@enzyme36 said:

Wait what..... 64gb ?! That thing cant even install some games that the majority of PCs on steam can.

Yeah you'd be able to install [literally] one modern-day "AAA" game or equivalent. If that. Shit I think Destiny 2 is 80 GB

Does that 64 GB drive have the OS installed on it or is there some separate drive for that? Because the drive would go down to 50-something GB at that point.

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#67 Posted by That_Old_Guy (527 posts) -

@mrbojangles25: you do know that was the point of the part where I said MS and their cloud play anywhere (phone, tablet, PC etc) streaming service, right?

I swear, all the smartass talk can’t save you two from not being able to read or comprehend.

Avatar image for crimson_v
#68 Posted by Crimson_V (94 posts) -

@that_old_guy:

as i said you need to step up your trolling game, what even is a "hypocritical Sheldons", how was anything i said hypocritical and what the **** is a "Sheldon" in this context?

"All I was saying is perhaps PC might take a hit from the particular market type"

Nope that wasn't even the main point of your thread, but if anyone were actually interested in the topic they could just easily look up the statistics ( http://www.statista.com/statistics/272595/global-shipments-forecast-for-tablets-laptops-and-desktop-pcs/ ) instead of having to read your idiotic "So the new iPad is more powerful than the majority of PC’s according to Steam" thread.

Avatar image for vaidream45
#69 Posted by Vaidream45 (1281 posts) -

@that_old_guy: mobile market and pc market could not be more polar opposite. Mobile is for casuals and pc is for the hardcore or enthusiasts as you word it. Why can’t you see that after we are all pointing it out to you? This is more a threat to Nintendo than anyone else. PC is the last market that would be threatened by the mobile market.

Avatar image for pelvist
#70 Edited by pelvist (7173 posts) -

Against all PCs of the last 30+ years id expect it would be. Its also more powerful than the majority of consoles.

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#71 Posted by That_Old_Guy (527 posts) -

@vaidream45: it wasn’t but a few years ago the most popular GPU on Steam was NO GPU.

It could still be.

But I’m willing to bet the majority don’t have above a 1000 series or at best a 1060.

You’re pretty ignorant if you think everyone has a GTX 1080 or something.

PC is bigger than PS4 and there’s nothing but shit talk about how it’s the casual gamer’s console. It goes with the territory of being so popular.

How many Steam accounts are there??

You don’t think PC has casuals? You’re pretty naive.

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#72 Edited by That_Old_Guy (527 posts) -

@crimson_v: just keep bitching. You’re good at bitching.

Avatar image for xantufrog
#73 Posted by xantufrog (9801 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

@vaidream45: it wasn’t but a few years ago the most popular GPU on Steam was NO GPU.

It could still be.

Is it too much for you to do research for your own thread topic? As I already posted above, if you just look at the top 10 Nvidia cards on Steam alone you get to almost 50% of the hardware survey - and all of those are X1+

Avatar image for dxmcat
#74 Posted by dxmcat (2418 posts) -

Infinite speculation lets go!!!!!!

What a way to "win"

that_alt_guy surpasses all with his supreme logic.

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#75 Posted by That_Old_Guy (527 posts) -

@xantufrog: is it too much to ask that you guys stay with the program?

The streaming service will do it for you.

That’s the point.

The power is just there for other stuff like things you would do for work.

Avatar image for Jag85
#76 Posted by Jag85 (12224 posts) -

Despite talk of consoles or PC dying, both the console and PC markets are still growing every year.

Avatar image for pyro1245
#77 Posted by pyro1245 (4110 posts) -

Yo today I walked in the store and saw an iPad and that sucker was playing the games. So I drop-kicked that fool and headed to the GS forums.

PC gaming is dying for real this time. Spread the muthafuckin' word, yo!

Avatar image for Dark_sageX
#78 Posted by Dark_sageX (3228 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

Is this the end of PC gaming as we know it.

I mean, MS is in the process of making cloud gaming available to any device. And the new iPad has a USB, so you can use actual gaming accessorie.

Most kids first gaming platform today is the iPad.

Many old school PC games like Runescape are doing well and translate well to current iPads.

And the biggest deal of all, if you can just Bluetooth your way to a HDTV, and daisy chain through the USB with a KB/M...it can play the likes of Crysis.

Games like a new XCOM would flourish on the new iPad.

And mobile is abdolutely huge in so many other cultures.

Is PC headed for a big change, where only the enthusiast play?

I love how peasants keep coming up with terrible threads like these, failing to realize that using the ad populum argument that consoles are far more vulnerable to becoming obsolete than PCs are.

Also lately we are having a surge of peasants thinking smartphones and tablets can replace PCs, i mean never mind the fact that smart devices do not have the capacity to do the intensive things PCs can do these idiots fail to realize that tablets are poorly designed for doing basic work, let alone editing work, but whatever floats their boat, good luck doing thing such as document splitting and editing using a tiny screen with a touchpad.

Avatar image for Dark_sageX
#79 Posted by Dark_sageX (3228 posts) -
@Jag85 said:

Despite talk of consoles or PC dying, both the console and PC markets are still growing every year.

The console market isn't growing....

Avatar image for GarGx1
#80 Posted by GarGx1 (10410 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

@vaidream45: it wasn’t but a few years ago the most popular GPU on Steam was NO GPU.

It could still be.

But I’m willing to bet the majority don’t have above a 1000 series or at best a 1060.

You’re pretty ignorant if you think everyone has a GTX 1080 or something.

PC is bigger than PS4 and there’s nothing but shit talk about how it’s the casual gamer’s console. It goes with the territory of being so popular.

How many Steam accounts are there??

You don’t think PC has casuals? You’re pretty naive.

The GTX 1060 is just an evolution of the 780 and 970, someone with any of those cards is still in the ball park of X1X, where as if you want to be at least equal to the most popular console, the PS4, you need a GTX 1050, 960 or 770 maybe even a 680.

When you add up the total percentages on the Steam survey you actually have in the region of 65% of GPU's recorded being equal to or more powerful than the PS4. Is the new Ipad more powerful than the PS4 as well?

It'a always good to the the facts before you make daft declarations.

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#81 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2333 posts) -

Again with the damn Steam survey... You all realize that this survey isn’t real time, right? I went through 4 GPU’s and 3 CPU’s between the serveys I participated in. Until a few months ago, Steam thought I was running a 3770k and a GTX690. I haven’t had those components since 2013...

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#82 Edited by ronvalencia (26338 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:
@that_old_guy said:

@vaidream45: it wasn’t but a few years ago the most popular GPU on Steam was NO GPU.

It could still be.

But I’m willing to bet the majority don’t have above a 1000 series or at best a 1060.

You’re pretty ignorant if you think everyone has a GTX 1080 or something.

PC is bigger than PS4 and there’s nothing but shit talk about how it’s the casual gamer’s console. It goes with the territory of being so popular.

How many Steam accounts are there??

You don’t think PC has casuals? You’re pretty naive.

The GTX 1060 is just an evolution of the 780 and 970, someone with any of those cards is still in the ball park of X1X, where as if you want to be at least equal to the most popular console, the PS4, you need a GTX 1050, 960 or 770 maybe even a 680.

When you add up the total percentages on the Steam survey you actually have in the region of 65% of GPU's recorded being equal to or more powerful than the PS4. Is the new Ipad more powerful than the PS4 as well?

It'a always good to the the facts before you make daft declarations.

NVIDIA's Maxwell is NOT an evolution from Kepler series GPUs e.g. different register storage vs compute unit ratio and different ROPS design. Maxwell's rasterization has "immediate mode tile render"capability which doesn't exist for Kepler series GPUs. Maxwell's ROPS gains significant size L2 cache being connected to ROPS design.

X1X GPU's ROPS has 2MB render cache, hence it's software tile render capable which is different from Polaris series GPUs.

GTX 780 is a garbage GPU which didn't age well.

X1X destroys GTX 780 in Far Cry 5 and Forza Motosport 7

Avatar image for DragonfireXZ95
#83 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (24560 posts) -
@crimson_v said:

@that_old_guy:

as i said you need to step up your trolling game, what even is a "hypocritical Sheldons", how was anything i said hypocritical and what the **** is a "Sheldon" in this context?

"All I was saying is perhaps PC might take a hit from the particular market type"

Nope that wasn't even the main point of your thread, but if anyone were actually interested in the topic they could just easily look up the statistics ( http://www.statista.com/statistics/272595/global-shipments-forecast-for-tablets-laptops-and-desktop-pcs/ ) instead of having to read your idiotic "So the new iPad is more powerful than the majority of PC’s according to Steam" thread.

He watches Big Bang Theory; that's how cool he is. *insert laugh emote*

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#84 Posted by That_Old_Guy (527 posts) -

@Dark_sageX: peasant? But I own a gaming rig.

You’re one of those PC nerds that are too dense to know that PC god/peasant thing was actually not flattery.

Avatar image for vaidream45
#86 Posted by Vaidream45 (1281 posts) -

@that_old_guy: I watch Big Bang. Good show. Sheldon is cray. And what’s a hermit? I play ps4, pc, switch, Retroarch, and 3ds. Does that make me a hermit still? I’m not one of those peeps who pretend a gaming console is my favorite sports team. I just like video games.

Avatar image for rmpumper
#87 Posted by rmpumper (299 posts) -

So is creating new threads trying to shit on PCs in your day job or something?

Avatar image for Vaasman
#88 Edited by Vaasman (13243 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

peasant? But I own a gaming rig.

Can you post a printscreen of those specs like we asked for multiple threads ago?

Avatar image for Jag85
#89 Posted by Jag85 (12224 posts) -
@Dark_sageX said:
@Jag85 said:

Despite talk of consoles or PC dying, both the console and PC markets are still growing every year.

The console market isn't growing....

Games console market 2017: Nintendo drives market to 18 per cent growth

The global games console market reached $41 billion in 2017 thanks, largely, to Nintendo’s record-breaking comeback with its new Switch console.

Avatar image for MonsieurX
#90 Posted by MonsieurX (38255 posts) -

@Vaasman said:
@that_old_guy said:

peasant? But I own a gaming rig.

Can you post a printscreen of those specs like we asked for multiple threads ago?

You know it's not going to happen

Avatar image for jun_aka_pekto
#91 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (24263 posts) -

Remember around 2011-2012 when a number of professional "tech" journalists gleefully declared PCs would be extinct by 2016 and replaced by mobile devices?

Well, it's 2018 and some (here) are still parroting that lame prediction. ;) Most of the major desktop PC companies are still around. Even Apple is still selling its Mac Pro desktop computer.

People came to their senses long ago and decided tablets and smartphones are no replacement for PC desktops/laptops in anything more complicated than email/social media.

Avatar image for tryit
#92 Posted by TryIt (12459 posts) -

@that_old_guy

Its about the games.

It hasnt always been that way, but today, post 2013, by FAR the most compelling reason to play on PC is the game selection.

far beyond anything other metric, its the game selection which is considerably better than what console has to offer

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#93 Posted by That_Old_Guy (527 posts) -

You guys don’t think I own a gaming rig?

Avatar image for vaidream45
#94 Edited by Vaidream45 (1281 posts) -

@that_old_guy: we just think you’re a troll lol.

Avatar image for Vaasman
#95 Posted by Vaasman (13243 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

You guys don’t think I own a gaming rig?

At this point I am finding it a bit implausible.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#96 Edited by GarGx1 (10410 posts) -
@ronvalencia said:
@GarGx1 said:
@that_old_guy said:

@vaidream45: it wasn’t but a few years ago the most popular GPU on Steam was NO GPU.

It could still be.

But I’m willing to bet the majority don’t have above a 1000 series or at best a 1060.

You’re pretty ignorant if you think everyone has a GTX 1080 or something.

PC is bigger than PS4 and there’s nothing but shit talk about how it’s the casual gamer’s console. It goes with the territory of being so popular.

How many Steam accounts are there??

You don’t think PC has casuals? You’re pretty naive.

The GTX 1060 is just an evolution of the 780 and 970, someone with any of those cards is still in the ball park of X1X, where as if you want to be at least equal to the most popular console, the PS4, you need a GTX 1050, 960 or 770 maybe even a 680.

When you add up the total percentages on the Steam survey you actually have in the region of 65% of GPU's recorded being equal to or more powerful than the PS4. Is the new Ipad more powerful than the PS4 as well?

It'a always good to the the facts before you make daft declarations.

NVIDIA's Maxwell is NOT an evolution from Kepler series GPUs e.g. different register storage vs compute unit ratio and different ROPS design. Maxwell's rasterization has "immediate mode tile render"capability which doesn't exist for Kepler series GPUs. Maxwell's ROPS gains significant size L2 cache being connected to ROPS design.

X1X GPU's ROPS has 2MB render cache, hence it's software tile render capable which is different from Polaris series GPUs.

GTX 780 is a garbage GPU which didn't age well.

X1X destroys GTX 780 in Far Cry 5 and Forza Motosport 7

Do you not understand the word "evolution"?

Would Sparrow's exist if Theropod dinosaurs hadn't, yet they are very different. Or in other words, would Kepler exist if Maxwell hadn't. If you can't get your head around that one then this will blow your mind, all of Nvidia's modern GPU's are an evolution of the Geforce 256!

Avatar image for ronvalencia
#97 Edited by ronvalencia (26338 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@GarGx1 said:
@that_old_guy said:

@vaidream45: it wasn’t but a few years ago the most popular GPU on Steam was NO GPU.

It could still be.

But I’m willing to bet the majority don’t have above a 1000 series or at best a 1060.

You’re pretty ignorant if you think everyone has a GTX 1080 or something.

PC is bigger than PS4 and there’s nothing but shit talk about how it’s the casual gamer’s console. It goes with the territory of being so popular.

How many Steam accounts are there??

You don’t think PC has casuals? You’re pretty naive.

The GTX 1060 is just an evolution of the 780 and 970, someone with any of those cards is still in the ball park of X1X, where as if you want to be at least equal to the most popular console, the PS4, you need a GTX 1050, 960 or 770 maybe even a 680.

When you add up the total percentages on the Steam survey you actually have in the region of 65% of GPU's recorded being equal to or more powerful than the PS4. Is the new Ipad more powerful than the PS4 as well?

It'a always good to the the facts before you make daft declarations.

NVIDIA's Maxwell is NOT an evolution from Kepler series GPUs e.g. different register storage vs compute unit ratio and different ROPS design. Maxwell's rasterization has "immediate mode tile render"capability which doesn't exist for Kepler series GPUs. Maxwell's ROPS gains significant size L2 cache being connected to ROPS design.

X1X GPU's ROPS has 2MB render cache, hence it's software tile render capable which is different from Polaris series GPUs.

GTX 780 is a garbage GPU which didn't age well.

X1X destroys GTX 780 in Far Cry 5 and Forza Motosport 7

Do you not understand the word "evolution"?

Would Sparrow's exist if Theropod dinosaurs hadn't, yet they are very different. Or in other words, would Kepler exist if Maxwell hadn't. If you can't get your head around that one then this will blow your mind, all of Nvidia's modern GPU's are an evolution of the Geforce 256!

Red herring example with dinosaurs. For technology, evolution is building from the past design, but Maxwell thrown out Kepler's CUDA core count vs register storage ratio and ROPS design (Maxwell ROPS being tile cache based render capable).

Evolution example, Polaris 10 to Polaris 20 to Polaris 30. Polaris ROPS are old school design when compared to Vega ROPS which lacks micro-tile cache render capability.

Another example that debunks your evolution arguments, GeForce FX has VILW design while GeForce 6 has SIMD design from different design teams. GeForce FX's VILW design was thrown in the bin after the mess created by this FX team.

Evolution example, VLIW5 based Radeon HD 2900 evolved into VLIW5 based Radeon HD 3870 with minor ROPS difference e.g. MSAA hardware restored, thrown away the ringbus (designer move to Intel). VLIW5 Radeons evolved into VLIW5 Radeon 5870 (80 SP per CU) before being dumped with VLIW4 Radeon HD 6970 (64 SP per CU) which then dumped by Many-SIMD based Radeon HD 7970 (64 SP per CU, GCN). GCN has more relation with SIMD based Xbox 360 GPU i.e. 3 lane 16 SP vs GCN's CU 4 lane 16 SP design when compared to VLIW based Radeon HD. One wonders why ATI jumped on VLIW design hype and didn't evolve XBox 360's SIMD4 based GPU for the PC market until GCN's SIMD4.

I'll take you on in any GPU debate down to little details.

Avatar image for GarGx1
#98 Posted by GarGx1 (10410 posts) -
@ronvalencia said:
@GarGx1 said:
@ronvalencia said:
@GarGx1 said:
@that_old_guy said:

@vaidream45: it wasn’t but a few years ago the most popular GPU on Steam was NO GPU.

It could still be.

But I’m willing to bet the majority don’t have above a 1000 series or at best a 1060.

You’re pretty ignorant if you think everyone has a GTX 1080 or something.

PC is bigger than PS4 and there’s nothing but shit talk about how it’s the casual gamer’s console. It goes with the territory of being so popular.

How many Steam accounts are there??

You don’t think PC has casuals? You’re pretty naive.

The GTX 1060 is just an evolution of the 780 and 970, someone with any of those cards is still in the ball park of X1X, where as if you want to be at least equal to the most popular console, the PS4, you need a GTX 1050, 960 or 770 maybe even a 680.

When you add up the total percentages on the Steam survey you actually have in the region of 65% of GPU's recorded being equal to or more powerful than the PS4. Is the new Ipad more powerful than the PS4 as well?

It'a always good to the the facts before you make daft declarations.

NVIDIA's Maxwell is NOT an evolution from Kepler series GPUs e.g. different register storage vs compute unit ratio and different ROPS design. Maxwell's rasterization has "immediate mode tile render"capability which doesn't exist for Kepler series GPUs. Maxwell's ROPS gains significant size L2 cache being connected to ROPS design.

X1X GPU's ROPS has 2MB render cache, hence it's software tile render capable which is different from Polaris series GPUs.

GTX 780 is a garbage GPU which didn't age well.

X1X destroys GTX 780 in Far Cry 5 and Forza Motosport 7

Do you not understand the word "evolution"?

Would Sparrow's exist if Theropod dinosaurs hadn't, yet they are very different. Or in other words, would Kepler exist if Maxwell hadn't. If you can't get your head around that one then this will blow your mind, all of Nvidia's modern GPU's are an evolution of the Geforce 256!

Red herring example with dinosaurs. For technology, evolution is building from the past design, but Maxwell thrown out Kepler's CUDA core count vs register storage ratio and ROPS design (Maxwell ROPS being tile cache based render capable).

Evolution example, Polaris 10 to Polaris 20 to Polaris 30. Polaris ROPS are old school design when compared to Vega ROPS which lacks micro-tile cache render capability.

Another example that debunks your evolution arguments, GeForce FX has VILW design while GeForce 6 has SIMD design from different design teams. GeForce FX's VILW design was thrown in the bin after the mess created by this FX team.

Evolution example, VLIW5 based Radeon HD 2900 evolved into VLIW5 based Radeon HD 3870 with minor ROPS difference e.g. MSAA hardware restored, thrown away the ringbus (designer move to Intel). VLIW5 Radeons evolved into VLIW5 Radeon 5870 (80 SP per CU) before being dumped with VLIW4 Radeon HD 6970 (64 SP per CU) which then dumped by Many-SIMD based Radeon HD 7970 (64 SP per CU, GCN). GCN has more relation with SIMD based Xbox 360 GPU i.e. 3 lane 16 SP vs GCN's CU 4 lane 16 SP design when compared to VLIW based Radeon HD. One wonders why ATI jumped on VLIW design hype and didn't evolve XBox 360's SIMD4 based GPU for the PC market until GCN's SIMD4.

I'll take you on in any GPU debate down to little details.

Yet none of them would have existed without the previous GPU. They don't just "magic" tech out the air, I'd have thought you of all people would understand that.

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#99 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (940 posts) -

Apple's new iPad stronger than PC? there is no evidence.

The fact that most gaming PC's are stronger than consoles and mobile platforms combined!

Avatar image for that_old_guy
#100 Edited by That_Old_Guy (527 posts) -

@Vaasman said:
@that_old_guy said:

You guys don’t think I own a gaming rig?

At this point I am finding it a bit implausible.

whoa such a gigantic word for such a mundane conversation.

Do you over kill other things like wearing a tux to Burger King?

Ok, anyway....what do I get if I prove I have a gaming rig?

Bc it’s a pathetic request as no one asks any of You to prove you have consoles or have played any of the “movie games” you all bash.