So the new iPad is more powerful than the majority of PC’s according to Steam...

• 129 results
#1 Edited by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

Is this the end of PC gaming as we know it.

I mean, MS is in the process of making cloud gaming available to any device. And the new iPad has a USB, so you can use actual gaming accessorie.

Most kids first gaming platform today is the iPad.

Many old school PC games like Runescape are doing well and translate well to current iPads.

And the biggest deal of all, if you can just Bluetooth your way to a HDTV, and daisy chain through the USB with a KB/M...it can play the likes of Crysis.

Games like a new XCOM would flourish on the new iPad.

And mobile is abdolutely huge in so many other cultures.

Is PC headed for a big change, where only the enthusiast play?

#2 Posted by MonsieurX (38384 posts) -

lol

#3 Posted by mazuiface (667 posts) -

Good for all of those people who want to spend a ton of money on it I guess. With that money, you could make a stronger PC

#4 Posted by KBFloYd (21072 posts) -

i thought you told me you were a PC gamer? what the hell is this crap?

#5 Posted by adsparky (1177 posts) -

And probably costs way more than the majority of them too.

#6 Posted by ProtossRushX (4712 posts) -

the IPAD PRO 2 > PC > CONSOLES

APPLE Is crushing it its got itunes its got hacks for games the machine is a beast em i don't need console or pc anymore now

#7 Posted by xantufrog (10097 posts) -

@KBFloYd: lol.

#8 Posted by Xabiss (2094 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

I mean, MS is in the process of making cloud gaming available to any device. And the new iPad has a USB, so you can use actual gaming accessorie.

Many old school PC games like Runescape are doing well and translate well to current iPads.

And the biggest deal of all, if you can just Bluetooth your way to a HDTV, and daisy chain through the USB with a KB/M...it can play the likes of Crysis.

#9 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

I am. I just got done playing some on my PC.

I got it to work again.

Why do I have to not be a PC gamer to wonder how a powerful iPad with all the functions needed will effect the casual PC market?

#10 Posted by xantufrog (10097 posts) -

@that_old_guy: don't worry, I'm sure all your favorite PC games will still run

#11 Posted by Vaidream45 (1443 posts) -

@that_old_guy: stop it! Controls are a huge part of gaming and until one of these tablets pulls a Nintendo Switch and incorporates controllers attached properly to a tablet this conversion is mute. People game for fun. Cpu/gpu power doesnt make things fun. It’s like if I stripped my gaming pc of its mouse, keyboard, xbone controller, and hotas and bragged about how fun gaming is on my system is. Makes no sense.

#12 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@vaidream45: you don’t read good do you?

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#13 Edited by GoldenElementXL (2411 posts) -

The PC you could build for iPad $ would outclass the iPad many times over. $1,000 for the 64gb version? $1749 for 1TB? Come on now... Nice try though!

#14 Posted by Vaasman (13302 posts) -

Aren't you that guy who flat out lied about PC user error and admitted you were doing it to troll everyone? Why are you allowed to post still I wonder?

#15 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@Vaasman said:

Aren't you that guy who flat out lied about PC user error and admitted you were doing it to troll everyone? Why are you allowed to post still I wonder?

No.

Are you the guy that’s going to run that bullshit into the ground until you’re blue in the face.

Why would I troll using user error?

Thats fucking dumb. Think before you lie.

#16 Posted by rzxv04 (284 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

Until kids and young adults around the world are still buying cheap laptops to also game with (mmo/moba/fps/f2ps), probably not anytime soon.

Hope there'd be a smaller Pro for $ 399 in a year or two, on a holiday sale with the current 11 inch's SoC. Probably won't happen though.

#17 Posted by Vaasman (13302 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:
@Vaasman said:

No.

Are you the guy that’s going to run that bullshit into the ground until you’re blue in the face.

It's in your post history though, everyone can go see it. lol.

#18 Posted by Vaidream45 (1443 posts) -

@that_old_guy: I read plenty good. No this is not the end of pc gaming as we know it. Also we are already at the age for most pc users are pc enthusiasts so that’s not gonna change. Kids dont use pc’s. Pc’s other than gaming are already obsolete due to laptops and tablet hybrids. We are a dying breed but it has nothing to do with the new ipad being powerful. Having a big bulky pc doesn’t make sense for most people anymore unless they are shoving multiple gpu’s in them like we do lol. I think as long as we still have dedicated gaming consoles then the gaming pc will still exist. The day when it goes all streaming (I fear it’s sooner than I want) then it’s over for the pc gamer and we end up with a device like an Amazon Firestick as our console and a PlayStation app or Xbox app or whatever to play our games. Streaming is the real threat in my opinion.

#19 Posted by KBFloYd (21072 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:
@KBFloYd said:

I am. I just got done playing some on my PC.

I got it to work again.

Why do I have to not be a PC gamer to wonder how a powerful iPad with all the functions needed will effect the casual PC market?

it sounds like you are trolling PC gamers.

#20 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@Vaasman: Quote it or stop lying.

#21 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@KBFloYd: well that’s bc you’re a hermit and take these sorts of things personally

#22 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@vaidream45: your first post was already addressed with the new iPad having a USB.

Avatar image for the_master_race
#23 Posted by the_master_race (4477 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:

where is your source ?

#24 Edited by Vaasman (13302 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

@that_old_guy said:

"hey sport....I admitted that 2 pages ago.

Where the **** do you think you’re posting?

This is System Wars.

Oh wait....hermits can’t take PC bashing and get their panties in a bunch if so happens.

How do you think the Lems felt throughout most this generation?"

"Xbox andPS4 get bashed all the time....but do it to PC and it’s like you told them they can’t have a candy after dinner."

"You all aren’t as willing to help bc I’m bashing PC in this process. I didnt expect help...especially since I was saying PC sucks after this adventure"

"see you’re just being pissy...bc I’m using this actual shitty experience with my gaming rig to hate on PC on SYSTEM WARS forum."

"also I’m triple secret reporting you for the same thing."

Okay.

#25 Posted by Vaidream45 (1443 posts) -

@that_old_guy: how does it having usb change anything?

#26 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@Vaasman said:
@that_old_guy said:

@that_old_guy said:

"hey sport....I admitted that 2 pages ago.

Where the **** do you think you’re posting?

This is System Wars.

Oh wait....hermits can’t take PC bashing and get their panties in a bunch if so happens.

How do you think the Lems felt throughout most this generation?"

"Xbox andPS4 get bashed all the time....but do it to PC and it’s like you told them they can’t have a candy after dinner."

"You all aren’t as willing to help bc I’m bashing PC in this process. I didnt expect help...especially since I was saying PC sucks after this adventure"

"see you’re just being pissy...bc I’m using this actual shitty experience with my gaming rig to hate on PC on SYSTEM WARS forum."

"also I’m triple secret reporting you for the same thing."

Okay.

That’s not trolling. I was bashing PC. Probably around the time when my PC crapped out on me for no reason and every hermit declared I was dumber than their daughter, user error even though the MS tech support couldn’t figure it out AND the tech support from Nvidia straight up lied to me.

If I was trolling i would have been looking to get a rise out of someone like you.

I was just pissed and bashing PC.

Theres a difference.

#27 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@vaidream45 said:

@that_old_guy: how does it having usb change anything?

You said control was a big thing...KB/M.

I told you that with the USB you can hook up actual PC accessories to it like...KB/M.

Especially if you can daisy chain the USB.

#28 Edited by Vaasman (13302 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:
@Vaasman said:

Okay.

That’s not trolling. I was bashing PC. Probably around the time when my PC crapped out on me for no reason and every hermit declared I was dumber than their daughter, user error even though the MS tech support couldn’t figure it out AND the tech support from Nvidia straight up lied to me.

If I was trolling i would have been looking to get a rise out of someone like you.

Theres a difference.

You deliberately avoided any calls for evidence or specifications that might have proved your issues, and then literally said you were never looking for help in the first place, you just wanted to bash PC.

Like it or not, it's textbook trolling. Need I mention that a Mod flat out told you as much?

#29 Posted by Vaidream45 (1443 posts) -

@that_old_guy: ok so usb. But it’s still a tablet. Are you talking about making this a docked console with hdmi out to a tv? Any bluetooth tablet can already use controllers but if you do this you gotta hook it like a console. I’ll stick with my gaming pc hooked up to my living tv. Cool tech but this doesn’t have anything to do with pc gaming. Besides Mac doesn’t get crap for games. Only 5 of my over 50 steam games will run on mac os. An adroid with this power might make for a cool emulator machine at least. Not sure if you can get linux or windows on a droid but if you could then that’s kinda cool for gaming. I dunno. Sounds like a lot of hassle when you can just use a pc.

#30 Posted by MonsieurX (38384 posts) -

@Vaasman said:
@that_old_guy said:
@Vaasman said:

Okay.

Theres a difference.

You deliberately avoided any calls for evidence or specifications that might have proved your issues, and then literally said you were never looking for help in the first place, you just wanted to bash PC.

Like it or not, it's textbook trolling. Need I mention that a Mod flat out told you as much?

+ this

http://hiddenfallsgolfclub.com/forums/system-wars-314159282/the-next-time-a-pc-elitist-says-paying-for-psn-or--33439753/

#31 Posted by thehig1 (7013 posts) -

@ProtossRushX: better change your sig then

#32 Edited by xantufrog (10097 posts) -

I am curious about the source on this now... Just looking at Nvidia's top 10 on Steam alone brings us to almost 50% - and every one of those cards is more powerful than an X1S - which is what we're really discussing here. Apple vaguely claimed they offer "x1s class" graphics with this.

Now I'm not even sure that the premise for this thread is true.

Basically looks like a response thread to the same topic targeting xbox instead if PC

#33 Posted by Howmakewood (5532 posts) -
@xantufrog said:

I was am curious about the source on this now... Just looking at Nvidia's top 10 on Steam alone brings us to almost 50% - and every one of those cards is more powerful than an X1S - which is what we're really discussing here. Apple vaguely claimed they offer "x1s class" graphics with this.

Basically looks like a response thread to the same topic targeting xbox instead if PC

about 50% of the threads have truthful premise here

#34 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@MonsieurX: What’s wring with not liking PC elitists?

You guys hate cows so much you claim anyone you hate a cow.

I’ve been called a cow by you numbnuts several times yet I’ve said Pro Xbox and Switch things and have stated I love all the consoles.

#35 Posted by Vaidream45 (1443 posts) -

@MonsieurX: Now THIS is how you source info. ; )

Well done friend. This guy is a shmuck.

#36 Posted by BIOKILLER123 (890 posts) -
@Xabiss said:
@that_old_guy said:

I chuckled.

#37 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1518 posts) -

Old Guy having a meltdown again.

LOL

#38 Posted by DocSanchez (4923 posts) -

I've just no idea why. Most people use ipads for surfing and streaming videos. What is the point of this much power?

#39 Posted by Ross_the_Boss6 (3898 posts) -

Another week, another PC gaming is dying thread.

#40 Edited by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@kali-b1rd: I need some proof of that, hur dur.

#41 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1518 posts) -
@that_old_guy said:

@kali-b1rd: I need some proof of that, hur dur.

Time to give it up Reclown...

#42 Edited by ronvalencia (26541 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

I am curious about the source on this now... Just looking at Nvidia's top 10 on Steam alone brings us to almost 50% - and every one of those cards is more powerful than an X1S - which is what we're really discussing here. Apple vaguely claimed they offer "x1s class" graphics with this.

Apple could have compared Ice Storm Unlimited graphics scores between R7-250 (or R9-M370) vs iPad Pro's A12X (~15 watts, 7 nm process tech).

X1S GPU is like R7-260 with FireGL W5000's memory bandwidth for best case. W5000 has 12 CU at ~1.2 TFLOPS with 256GB/s memory bandwidth that doesn't need XBO's software tile render tricks. AMD also claimed game console class graphics with their Raven Ridge APUs and 14 nm process tech.

Apple's R&D focus for their GPUs are with tessellation/geometry and lossless memory compression which is similar to NVIDIA's GPU R&D focus..

AMD gets it's turn with 7nm process tech next year.

7 nm process tech applied for X1X's APU chip would yield X1S's APU ship size at 16 nm.

#43 Posted by SchnabbleTab (1440 posts) -

@that_old_guy said:
@Vaasman said:

No.

Well, you'd do it because you're an idiot, that kinda goes hand in hand with your threads.

#44 Posted by dxmcat (2467 posts) -

that_alt_guy back at it again.

#45 Edited by enzyme36 (3821 posts) -

Wait what..... 64gb ?! That thing cant even install some games that the majority of PCs on steam can.

#46 Posted by ronvalencia (26541 posts) -

@enzyme36 said:

Wait what..... 64gb ?! That thing cant even install some games that the majority of PCs on steam can.

Art work storage capacity would be a problem for iPad Pro, hence why I select my HP Envy x360 with 512 GB nVME SSD and 1 TB 7200 RPM HD storage (mostly for Steam games).

#47 Posted by JasonOfA36 (983 posts) -

lol

#48 Edited by Juub1990 (8247 posts) -

@dxmcat: Ahahahahah!!!

#49 Posted by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@dxmcat: Your hero DrLostRib is an alt...why would you care if I’m one or not?

#50 Edited by That_Old_Guy (674 posts) -

@SchnabbleTab: well that wasn’t nice.

All bc I spoke of PC sales dipping bc of a new product.

Jeez, you guys are a class act.