PC Gaming is losing its purpose and advantage.

This topic is locked from further discussion.

#101 Edited by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:

@scatteh316: CS:GO also launched on Xbox360 and PS3. Do people still fire up those consoles to play CS now?

PC keeps communities alive.

And who are you?

Very telling response, and a dumb question to ask on a video game forum. This thread is bringing out all sorts of tropes that people have been using since the 2000s.

There's a good reason basically every video game on consoles eventually makes its way to PC in some form or another.

No I'm generally curious as to why a no body has tagged me in a reply with a dumb argument.....

#102 Edited by naz99 (2939 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:

@scatteh316: CS:GO also launched on Xbox360 and PS3. Do people still fire up those consoles to play CS now?

And who are you?

Very telling response, and a dumb question to ask on a video game forum. This thread is bringing out all sorts of tropes that people have been using since the 2000s.

There's a good reason basically every video game on consoles eventually makes its way to PC in some form or another.

No I'm generally curious as to why a no body has tagged me in a reply with a dumb argument.....

At least he can provide any kind of argument unlike you, maybe get your own house in order first before putting down others?

You're a bit of a joke.

#103 Posted by pyro1245 (4408 posts) -

Nah PC still has it's advantage.

Summary of console gaming:

• 30fps + motion blur + input lag found on console is not a good gaming experience
  • Not being able to adjust settings on console is not a good gaming experience
  • Consoles missing tons of games found on PC is not a good gaming platform
  • Social features on consoles fail to match what Discord can do.

This salty console argument is about as old as console gaming.

#104 Posted by mazuiface (686 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:

And who are you?

Hah! I'm being nice to you here. I could have brought your other shitty posts from this thread into this the quote chain, but instead I offered a very good reason why PC gaming is still around, despite being in a supposedly doomed state for a decade or so.

It's whatever though - you can enjoy all of the latest games at 30fps and forget about great games you played on previous console generations when Sony or especially MS decides not to support the old hardware.

#105 Edited by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:

And who are you?

At least he can provide any kind of argument unlike you, maybe get your own house in order first before putting down others?

You're a bit of a joke.

Someones a little triggered!

Calm down son.... it's just the internet....it's not real.......everything is going to be OK..... I won't let the nasty men get you!!

#106 Posted by DoroG1995 (2507 posts) -

No the real advantage is mouse and keyboard which Sony and Microsoft and Nintendo hate to use.

#107 Posted by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:

And who are you?

Hah! I'm being nice to you here. I could have brought your other shitty posts from this thread into this the quote chain, but instead I offered a very good reason why PC gaming is still around, despite being in a supposedly doomed state for a decade or so.

It's whatever though - you can enjoy all of the latest games at 30fps and forget about great games you played on previous console generations when Sony or especially MS decides not to support the old hardware.

I do enjoy my 30/60fps games.

I also have the older machines, so enjoy the older games too.

You should of bought my other 'shitty' posts in to it, could of had you over those too.

#108 Edited by naz99 (2939 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:

You're a bit of a joke.

Someones a little triggered

Calm down son.... it's just the internet....it's not real.......everything is going to be OK

Ahh the old classic SW " you must be getting angry response"

So making a statement is getting angry?

Sad to watch you unable make the simplest arguments and have to post gifs to try to defelct any response, by implying something is happening that actually isnt.

Watching simpletons like you flap about unable to form simple retort's isn't a reason to get angry it's entertainment. :)

I come here to watch fanboys like you talk nonsense, it's the same reason i go to the zoo ;)

#109 Edited by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:

You're a bit of a joke.

Calm down son.... it's just the internet....it's not real.......everything is going to be OK

Sad to watch you unable make the simplest arguments and have to post gifs to try to defelct any response, by implying something is happening that actually isnt.

Watching simpletons like you flap about unable to form simple retorts isntt a reason to get angry it's entertainment. :)

I'm not the one who was getting a little upset about how someone on the internet spoke to another person.....

And now you're that upset you're having to resort to personal insults...... Which is more of a simpleton like behaviour...... pot.....meet kettle.... ;)

Try harder kid.

#110 Posted by mazuiface (686 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:

And who are you?

You should of bought my other 'shitty' posts in to it, could of had you over those too.

Do you mean by attempting to resort to personal attacks? i.e. "who are you" and "no body [sic]"

You sure got your point through! Eye roll extreme.

#111 Posted by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:

Do you mean by attempting to resort to personal attacks? i.e. "who are you" and "no body [sic]"

If being asked 'who you are' is deemed a personal attack I suggest you never venture outside.

#112 Edited by naz99 (2939 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:

You're a bit of a joke.

Watching simpletons like you flap about unable to form simple retorts isntt a reason to get angry it's entertainment. :)

I'm not the one who was getting a little upset about how someone on the internet spoke to another person.....

And now you're that upset you're having to resort to personal insults...... Which is more of a simpleton like behaviour...... pot.....meet kettle.... ;)

Try harder kid.

"Kid" now, wow you are plowing through those tropes, it's amazing you keep proving my point. :D

You cant start the insult ball rolling then try to pin it on someone else when they end up treating you with the same level of respect..........honey.

#113 Posted by mazuiface (686 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:

If being asked 'who you are' is deemed a personal attack I suggest you never venture outside.

On a video game forum, in response to bringing a basic and valid point to the table that you hadn't considered, yes. Do you expect me to post some sort of resume for you on a video game forum? Lol really

- and the fact that you followed up with "no body [sic]" proves that it was indeed your intention to personally attack me. Don't pretend you were being sincere; this is a forum where you can scroll up and read previous posts.

#114 Posted by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:

You're a bit of a joke.

Try harder kid.

"Kid" now, wow you are plowing through those tropes, it's amazing you keep proving my point. :D

You cant start the insult ball rolling then try to pin it on someone else when they end up treating you with the same level of respect..........honey.

I can start what I like, it's called the joys of the internet!

You don't get how SW works do you?

Yo got that upset by what I said you just had to reply, it's OK.... you'll get over it........ or maybe you'll kill yourself... who knows.

#115 Edited by naz99 (2939 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:

Try harder kid.

Yo got that upset by what I said you just had to reply

, it's OK.... you'll get over it........ or maybe you'll kill yourself... who knows. ----------------- AHHH there we go there's the money shot, Thanks!

So sad that all you have is "your angry" "must be angry" "must be upset"

I know exactly how SW works, i'm here getting you to respond to me me exactly like you are, SW is working exactly as i expect it to thanks to you :)

You are suggesting i may kill myself on a fanboy gaming forum, you are exactly where you belong :)

Lol you really need to look in a mirror first.

#116 Posted by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:

On a video game forum, in response to bringing a basic and valid point to the table that you hadn't considered, yes. Do you expect me to post some sort of resume for you on a video game forum? Lol really

- and the fact that you followed up with "no body [sic]" proves that it was indeed your intention to personally attack me. Don't pretend you were being sincere; this is a forum where you can scroll up and read previous posts.

CS:GO...... is a shitty point, a shitty game and insult to all things CS..... and I curse anyone who would load up and old console for it.

But retro console gaming is very popular....

#117 Edited by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:

Try harder kid.

, it's OK.... you'll get over it........ or maybe you'll kill yourself... who knows. ----------------- AHHH there we go there's the money shot, Thanks!

I know exactly how SW works, i'm here getting you to respond to me me exactly like you are, SW is working exactly as i expect it to thanks to you :)

You are suggesting i may kill myself on a fanboy gaming forum, you are exactly where you belong :)

Except you doing exactly what I want to you too...... trying to be the mature, 'grown up' one in all of this...

This place is full of people like that.....

Predictability at it's best.

#118 Edited by naz99 (2939 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:

Except you doing exactly what I want to you too...... trying to be the mature, 'grown up' one in all of this...

Making yourself look unintelligent and incapable of responding to simple arguments was an actual personal choice??????

Wow.

I'm not intentionally trying to be the mature one it's that you're being so childish i automatically end up looking like the mature one, that's on you, so good for you i guess? :-/

#119 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:

CS:GO...... is a shitty point, a shitty game and insult to all things CS..... and I curse anyone who would load up and old console for it.

to be clear I have about 20 games that are fantastic and either not on console or suck balls on console and about 20 more that I dont have but would love to.

and that is just my universe, so focusing on one game is a bit silly dont you think?

#120 Posted by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@tryit said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:

to be clear I have about 20 games that are fantastic and either not on console or suck balls on console and about 20 more that I dont have but would love to.

and that is just my universe, so focusing on one game is a bit silly don't you think?

I have 20 plus games on console that aren't on PC........ so it's a moot point.

#121 Posted by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:
@scatteh316 said:
@naz99 said:

Making yourself look unintelligent and incapable of responding to simple arguments was an actual personal choice??????

Wow.

I'm not intentionally trying to be the mature one it's that you're being so childish i automatically end up looking like the mature one, that's on you, so good for you i guess? :-/

And you said you knew how SW works..... pretty clear you don't.

#122 Posted by mazuiface (686 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:

Whether or not CS GO is bad or not is your preference, but the point still stands, as the PC is where the communities for most of these games go to stay alive.

Another excellent example could be made with GGPO and fighting games. The reason why they come to PC in some form is because it's centralized and won't lose support.

#123 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@tryit said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:

and that is just my universe, so focusing on one game is a bit silly don't you think?

I have 20 plus games on console that aren't on PC........ so it's a moot point.

and what was my point that you feel is mute?

and how is that point 'mute' because you have as many games as me in that respect?

#124 Edited by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:
@scatteh316 said:

Whether or not CS GO is bad or not is your preference, but the point still stands, as the PC is where the communities for most of these games go to stay alive.

Another excellent example could be made with GGPO and fighting games. The reason why they come to PC in some form is because it's centralized and won't lose support.

People still do LAN parties with OG Xbox's.... people still go online on PS2 and Xbox with 3rd party tools.

The console speed run community is fucking huge, larger then PC's community I would argue.

PC isn't the only platform that has communities and keeps them relevant.

Console have many communities spanning many console generations that are still active.

#125 Posted by NoodleFighter (9803 posts) -

@tryit said:

@NoodleFighter

does any of those games you listed have any building mechanics in them at all. Anything like Rust? like Space Engineers? like Ark like Stranded Deep? like Green Hell? anything at all?

Yes Nostos, Satisfactory and Peria Chronicles have crafting and sandbox elements. Peria Chronicles takes it to a whole new level as the game is going to be incredibly customizable to the point nearly all towns, dungeons, quests and cutscenes will be created by players and players can even code stuff into the game with python.

Another game I forgot to list was Amazon's upcoming MMO New World. The premise of the game seems like it is going to be a Medieval Fantasy Planetside with a lot more sandbox and survival/craft elements as players will fight for and settle in territories and even raid others.

#127 Edited by Zaryia (7001 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:

No I'm generally curious as to why a no body has tagged me

@scatteh316 said:
@mazuiface said:

And who are you?

Are you serious right now?

#128 Edited by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@NoodleFighter said:
@tryit said:

@NoodleFighter

does any of those games you listed have any building mechanics in them at all. Anything like Rust? like Space Engineers? like Ark like Stranded Deep? like Green Hell? anything at all?

Yes Nostos, Satisfactory and Peria Chronicles have crafting and sandbox elements. Peria Chronicles takes it to a whole new level as the game is going to be incredibly customizable to the point nearly all towns, dungeons, quests and cutscenes will be created by players and players can even code stuff into the game with python.

Another game I forgot to list was Amazon's upcoming MMO New World. The premise of the game seems like it is going to be a Medieval Fantasy Planetside with a lot more sandbox and survival/craft elements as players will fight for and settle in territories and even raid others.

I saw that amazon game and in my opinion it was a game that did not have good survival elements in it

crafting in a game is not good enough anymore (at least not for me) I need crafting AND building but I understand that is just my own personal tastes if not near requirements

#129 Edited by NoodleFighter (9803 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:

PC gaming in a nutshell.....

1. More fragmented then the Android ecosystem.

Not really sure what you're getting at. It isn't really more fragmented than android aside from PC having two other operating systems you can play on but even then most people will just play on Windows with. I'm certain you're arguing inconvenience of different platforms such as Steam and Origin but that fragmentation creates competition forcing companies to do better and avoid making practices that screw over consumers that could get away with if they were monopoly such as charging to play online or censoring/blocking games.

2. Over priced hardware.

Cryptocurrency craze is over find a new argument. There are even some good discounts on prebuilt gaming PCs and laptops.

3. No games to truly take advantage of said hardware.

A game doesn't have to push the highest end PC hardware to its knee dropping limits to look good and beat consoles.

4. No real AAAE's these days.

A game doesn't have to have AAA budget to be good. PC also makes up for its lack of AAA games with a lot of AAE and AE games. There still some AAA games for PC such as World Of Warcraft, Crossfire 2, Lost Ark, Total War: Warhammer, Swords Of Legends 3, Faith Of Danschant,

5. Largely lives on Indies and multiplats.

What's wrong with indies a lot of the best and most played games this generation are indies. You do realize multiplats also make up the overwhelming majority of consoles libraries too and are the most played and best selling.

6. Always being held back by consoles.

Only for most multiplats

7. Never first priority for 99% of developers.

Yet according to GDC surveys PC is the most popular platform if not only close second to mobile for game developers.

8. Dreadful API's and overhead compared to console.

DirectX12 and Vulkan say hi, plus consoles weak CPUs heavily bottleneck them which is way worse than the overhead of the DirectX APIs and don't seem to have problems with it over the decades its been used.

9. Has to wait up to months in some cases for mutiplat games.

Console gamers have to do the same and a lot more since they usually wait at least a year for games that launched on PC first and later come to consoles and PC is really on missing out on a simultaneous launch with one or two AAA/Japanese games a year yet the dozens even hundreds of games that launch on PC first usually take at least a year to make it consoles. So who is missing out more?

10. The developers that used to truly push the platform are all but a memory.

Yeah but hardware gets fairly taken advantage of, its not like every game is a potato on PC

I could go on........

#130 Posted by NoodleFighter (9803 posts) -

@tryit said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@tryit said:

@NoodleFighter

I saw that amazon game and in my opinion it was a game that did not have good survival elements in it

crafting in a game is not good enough anymore (at least not for me) I need crafting AND building but I understand that is just my own personal tastes if not near requirements

You can build settlements in New World and they can be towns that you live in or charge others to live in or areas solely made to bring resources to your other settlements. Is that level of building meet your level?

#131 Edited by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@NoodleFighter said:
@tryit said:
@NoodleFighter said:
@tryit said:

@NoodleFighter

You can build settlements in New World and they can be towns that you live in or charge others to live in or areas solely made to bring resources to your other settlements. Is that level of building meet your level?

I doubt it from what I saw on the video from awhile back. I can look into it again if you really think I am missing something obvious like what is in Empyrion - Galactic Survival for example (for Voxel) or maybe a AAA version of Kingdoms (a game hard to find but is still being worked).

and isnt 'New World' a PC game?

the 3rd person camera and floating numbers in combat is a real irritating distraction for me, I know that is not what I was talking about earlier but I am trying to get past it

#132 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@NoodleFighter

I think I might be confused, I thought your long list of videos was showing console games, isnt New World a PC game?

#133 Posted by xantufrog (10324 posts) -

@knight-k: what?

#134 Posted by NoodleFighter (9803 posts) -

@tryit: Yeah all the videos listed are PC games. Not much has been shown about New World and only described gotta wait for more footage to be revealed. They have a closed alpha you can sign up for.

#135 Edited by ronvalencia (26633 posts) -

@brah4ever said:

brb 2080 Ti which costs over a grand

brb i9 - 8 core

brb DDR5 RAM

brb all this powerful PC hardware and yet the best looking games of today such as Red Dead 2, Horizon, GoW, Spiderman etc are console only.

Unless you like playing late console ports or indies, the effort required to PC game is not really worth it anymore.

Gone are the days of exclusives such as F.E.A.R, Crysis, World in Conflict, etc as in games that push our PCs and demonstrate PC hardware superiority. Now its just slightly better looking versions of console games.

RTX 2080 Ti's chip sizeis 754 mm2 which is larger than GTX 1080 Ti's 471 mm2 chip size. RTX 2080 has 545 mm2 chip size while RTX 2070 has 445 mm2 chip size.

Mainstream PC GPUs

GTX 1060 has 200 mm2 chip size

RX 580 has 232 mm2 chip size.

DDR5 doesn't exist.

#136 Posted by Orchid87 (2567 posts) -

>defending your lack of a gaming PC in 2018

Hey OP, everyone saw your video already, no need to make a thread here

#137 Posted by knight-k (2232 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

AAA exclusives. That's what I asked, where are all those AAA exclusives for PC?

It's a much used term, so I can hardly imagine you don't know what it means. But I'll enlighten you. AAA games are big budget games like god of war, last of us, gta, red dead, call of duty,...

So I ask where are those AAA PC exclusives? I can only think of Star Citizen.

#138 Posted by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@knight-k said:
@xantufrog said:

It's a much used term, so I can hardly imagine you don't know what it means. But I'll enlighten you. AAA games are big budget games like god of war, last of us, gta, red dead, call of duty,...

Which is actually classed as Vapourware

Vapourware

noun

software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

#139 Posted by knight-k (2232 posts) -

@scatteh316 said:
@knight-k said:
@xantufrog said:

Vapourware

noun

software or hardware that has been advertised but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

Lol, that's true.

#140 Posted by sonny2dap (1480 posts) -

Silly arguments aside hasn't the march of progress been consoles becoming more PC like as time goes on? expansion from purely gaming to multimedia, then including web browsers, games from disc have gone to installs, now we have hardware upgrades mid gen in the console space, in some cases we have mod support, if anything it would appear we are moving towards evermore PC-lite consoles.

#141 Edited by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@sonny2dap said:

Silly arguments aside hasn't the march of progress been consoles becoming more PC like as time goes on? expansion from purely gaming to multimedia, then including web browsers, games from disc have gone to installs, now we have hardware upgrades mid gen in the console space, in some cases we have mod support, if anything it would appear we are moving towards evermore PC-lite consoles.

Consoles are nothing like PC's...... If anything PC needs to try and become more like a console.

#142 Posted by dxmcat (2477 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:
@sonny2dap said:

Consoles are nothing like PC's...... If anything PC needs to try and become more like a console.

Dense316

#143 Edited by Kali-B1rd (1681 posts) -
@scatteh316 said:
@sonny2dap said:

more verbal diahrea...

Kinda hilarious when Spiderman took so long to install, I could of installed 3-4 PC games in that time.

#144 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1681 posts) -
@knight-k said:
@scatteh316 said:
@knight-k said:
@xantufrog said:

Vapourware

noun

Lol, that's true.

Except the software is playable already LOL.

Warhammer 1/2 are AAA games, but since you clowns decided that only metacritic matters against the old system wars rules, those games don't exist anymore.

the meta died long ago.

Funny though that to this day a 6/10 game (league of legends) is still far more played than any of these 9+ games. Let alone 2004 GOTY still outlasting everything else.

Keep sticking to those scores only relevant to thier specific genre though!

#145 Posted by knight-k (2232 posts) -

@kali-b1rd said:
@knight-k said:
@scatteh316 said:
@knight-k said:
@xantufrog said:

Vapourware

noun

Lol, that's true.

Warhammer 1/2 are AAA games, but since you clowns decided that only metacritic matters against the old system wars rules, those games don't exist anymore.

the meta died long ago.

Funny though that to this day a 6/10 game (league of legends) is still far more played than any of these 9+ games. Let alone 2004 GOTY still outlasting everything else.

Yeah most people also play garbage on their smartphone, and there aren't many exclusives on PC so no wonder you hermits have no choice.

Meanwhile we'll play the best game of this gen, RDR 2. Have fun with your moba and indie garbage though hermit LOL

#146 Posted by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -
@kali-b1rd said:
@knight-k said:
@scatteh316 said:
@knight-k said:
@xantufrog said:

Vapourware

noun

Lol, that's true.

but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

Try again.............

#147 Posted by TryIt (13157 posts) -

@NoodleFighter said:

@tryit: Yeah all the videos listed are PC games. Not much has been shown about New World and only described gotta wait for more footage to be revealed. They have a closed alpha you can sign up for.

I have more games then I can keep up with as it is, and 3rd person games just immediately fall to the bottom of that list. Games like Empyrion - Galactic Survival alone can keep me busy for ages.

#148 Edited by xantufrog (10324 posts) -

@knight-k: don't be an ass. I was asking "what", because my post had nothing to do with AAA PC exclusives. In fact, if you actually read it, it was the opposite - emphasizing the the non-Hollywood games and multiplats.

That being said, PC DOES have AAA exclusives. But as noted indirectly in my post, they are genres that "don't count". Games like Age of empires, Total War, Civ, DOTA - those are AAA games from major publishers. But those are games you'll probably say don't count or are niche - because they aren't on console. See the fundamental problem?

#149 Edited by Kali-B1rd (1681 posts) -
@knight-k said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@knight-k said:
@scatteh316 said:

Vapourware

noun

Lol, that's true.

the meta died long ago.

Yeah most people also play garbage on their smartphone, and there aren't many exclusives on PC so no wonder you hermits have no choice.

Meanwhile we'll play the best game of this gen, RDR 2. Have fun with your moba and indie garbage though hermit LOL

PC has by far the most high quality exclusives, I'm sure Zaryia will be along with the facts, but need I remind you that all PS4 games will eventually be streamable anyway LOL

@scatteh316 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@knight-k said:
@scatteh316 said:

Vapourware

noun

Lol, that's true.

but is not yet available to buy, either because it is only a concept or because it is still being written or designed.

Try again.............

But there is tangible playable software that you pay to play. a term like vapourware no longer means much in the kickstarter world.

You are just doubeling down on your banned counter-parts patheticness recently? were they your alts?

#150 Posted by scatteh316 (10057 posts) -

@xantufrog said:

@knight-k: don't be an ass. I was asking what, because my post had nothing to do with AAA PC exclusives. In fact, if you read it, it was the opposite - emphasizing the the non-Hollywood games and multiplats.

That being said, PC DOES have AAA exclusives. But as noted indirectly in my post, they are genres that "don't count". Games like Age of empires, Total War, Civ, DOTA - those are AAA games from major publishers. But those are games you'll probably say don't count or are niche - because they aren't on console. See tue fundamental problem?

All AAA games count...regardless of genre.