More Resi CO-OP, yay/nah?

Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) 1 month, 9 days ago

Poll: More Resi CO-OP, yay/nah? (27 votes)

ya 44%
na 56%
No Caption Provided

I'm a firm believer Resident Evil 5 was one of the best COOP games of last generations, regardless of people crying "teh survival horror oh noes!".

I played 6, which was shit but not as bad as people made out.

And then Operation Raccoon City, which my freind swears is a uncredited gem (but is actually shit).

Unfortunately the terrific, ahead of it's time Outbreak series has went under the radar, probably never to get a Remaster.

Although I never bother with it, alot of people love raid mode.

-

Do we want more Resident Evil co-op experiences in the future?

#1 Edited by PAL360 (29327 posts) -

I love coop, but not in RE games. I prefer RE games to be slow paced scary experiences.

RE7 brought the series back to their best, in my opinion, especially in VR.

#2 Posted by DoroG1995 (2339 posts) -

I have seen some online coop gameplay of RE 5. It wasn't that good imo.(Since you just team up with players that have highest level weapons and even give you 100 ammo when you need)

The couch coop was better but still it had it's own issues.(Sheva was one of the worst and most forgettable RE character of all time)

#3 Posted by Telekill (8145 posts) -

RE needs to return to 3rd person at the very least. Co-op would be welcome.

#4 Edited by nishanth12 (619 posts) -

RE needs more VR!!! RE2 remake VR please

#5 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

@dorog1995 said:

I have seen some online coop gameplay of RE 5. It wasn't that good imo.(Since you just team up with players that have highest level weapons and even give you 100 ammo when you need)

The couch coop was better but still it had it's own issues.(Sheva was one of the worst and most forgettable RE character of all time)

Sheva ain't that bad. Plenty of worse characters in the spin-off games.

#6 Posted by AJStyles (248 posts) -

I love RE4 and RE5.

Those are the best games. Make better versions of those and I am happy.

RE7 is good but in a different way.

RE6 sucks big fat floppy donkey. Never make a game like that again.

#7 Edited by Jag85 (12408 posts) -

Trivia:

The first Resident Evil originally featured a co-op mode in early demos, before it was later removed...

Resident Evil 1 [PSX – Beta / Concept]

#8 Posted by Archangel3371 (26444 posts) -

No, I would much prefer that they keep the Resident Evil games single player. While I did enjoy 5 and 6 it wasn’t because of the co-op.

#9 Posted by mazuiface (667 posts) -

Capcom should bring back Outbreak. It was such a fantastic game that was only marred by the infrastructure and console ecosystems of the time. You could say that it was indeed far ahead of it's time.

Maybe if they bring it back but have Resident Evil 4 style gameplay with the survival aspects it would be even better.

#10 Edited by KBFloYd (21072 posts) -

since i have no one to play with. stick to single player.

and even if they add online co-op. i dont feel like playing with some random guy this kind of game imo.

scary games should be played by yourself. with people its less scary.

#11 Posted by uninspiredcup (29223 posts) -

@Jag85 said:

Trivia:

The first Resident Evil originally featured a co-op mode in early demos, before it was later removed...

Resident Evil 1 [PSX – Beta / Concept]

Inredasting...

#12 Posted by DragonfireXZ95 (24736 posts) -

I wouldn't mind it, but they could certainly do a hell of a lot better than what RE5 was, and let's not even speak of RE6.

Although, I'd rather have good games like Resident Evil 7 and just forego the mediocre co-op experiences if they are just going to stay mediocre.

#13 Posted by Litchie (22659 posts) -

RE5 was a pretty fun coop game. Loved playing Raid mode in Revelations. Enjoyed playing Mercenaries on 3DS with a friend. Sure, I'd like more RE coop stuff. If they put a raid mode in all their main RE games, I would not complain.

#14 Posted by TheEroica (17872 posts) -

I loved resident evil 5... I played it through with several friends and always enjoyed it from front to back.

Resident evil 6 felt like a budget game from burger King...

I'm down for coop as long as it's done right.

#15 Posted by Zappat (1267 posts) -

Yeah why not? Although I would like a more traditional survival horror RE experience now and then.