madden/2k is great but EA sports need to bring back the street series ? basketball/football/ssx/defjam

#1 Posted by Papermario (235 posts) -

2k and madden is cool and all but i mean sometimes i miss the street basketball

the street football approach

ssx tricky

i sometimes do not want a game super realistic all the time i just want imagine my self in another world when im playing a game....

even a remake of street vol 2 basketball would be nice to try out.....

make a better def jam as well i remember def jam icon was a flop....

#2 Posted by KBFloYd (21226 posts) -

for basketball fantasy it dont get better than nba jam/playgrounds. street might be cool for people looking for a "realistic" fantasy arcade basketball game i suppose.

as for NFL. every since ea got the nfl license. nothing mut madden simulator games. unfortunately.

#3 Posted by Papermario (235 posts) -

@KBFloYd: yea i heard about the nfl thing smh... no fair

they should try to bring back street basketball i just think it was lacking online play.....

i mean playing with friends all the time can get boring

im personally tired of 2k

#4 Posted by DocSanchez (5005 posts) -

FIFA street tried to be "urban" and ended up really cringy. I'd support a grassroots game based around five a side with interesting locations but no more "that keeper is a proper rude boy" shite.

#5 Posted by getyeryayasout (11967 posts) -

Would love a new Def Jam so long as it plays like the gen 6 games, not the trash gen 7 version.

#6 Posted by lamprey263 (35776 posts) -

Easy, bring Scott Henshaw back. Throw a bunch of money at him.

#7 Posted by Papermario (235 posts) -

@lamprey263 said:

Easy, bring Scott Henshaw back. Throw a bunch of money at him.

how much ?

Avatar image for goldenelementxl
#8 Posted by GoldenElementXL (2545 posts) -

Def Jam wouldn’t work in 2019. The artists still signed there wouldn’t fill a fighting game roster, and the rappers from the older games would never allow it.

I would love to play a fighting game with Joe Budden in it though,..

#9 Posted by jun_aka_pekto (24937 posts) -

Perhaps, not enough buyers of the previous games. Why make a game if they don't expect to get a good return on it?

#10 Posted by Papermario (235 posts) -

@goldenelementxl said:

Def Jam wouldn’t work in 2019. The artists still signed there wouldn’t fill a fighting game roster, and the rappers from the older games would never allow it.

I would love to play a fighting game with Joe Budden in it though,..

i agree !

#11 Posted by jeezers (2097 posts) -

Nba street vol 2 was dope, as was nfl street, ssx, def jam fight for ny I'll still break out if the right friends come over.

I downloaded steep on my ps4 and I gotta say its pretty fun, its not as arcade as ssx, but its not over realistic, kinda mad I slept on this game I like it alot.