Is getting angry about Diablo Immortal just childish baby entitlement?

  • 133 results
  • 1
  • 2
  • 3
Avatar image for uninspiredcup
Posted by uninspiredcup (28568 posts) 10 days, 58 minutes ago

Poll: Is getting angry about Diablo Immortal just childish baby entitlement? (80 votes)

Such immature 39%
It correct 61%

From a business standpoint,Diablo is essentially a cookie-clicking game. Aside from maybe choosing a skill tree, there isn't really any skill involved, you simply run at things and click like a madmad until you get that "ding". It's perfect for mobile gaming, and surprising this didn't happen earlier. It will no doubt be hugely popular.

Are fans correct to be outraged or this is just another embarrassing moment (one of many) in gaming?

No Caption Provided

Avatar image for Yams1980
#101 Posted by Yams1980 (3040 posts) -

I hate mobile games. But if Blizzard takes all this filthy dirty money they get from taking advantage of all the casuals that do play them and put every single penny of that money into making a new Diablo that is actually good, then it will be worth it. I'm not even a diablo fan, i actually like diablo clone games a lot more than diablo itself.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#102 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29166 posts) -
@Yams1980 said:

I hate mobile games. But if Blizzard takes all this filthy dirty money they get from taking advantage of all the casuals that do play them and put every single penny of that money into making a new Diablo that is actually good, then it will be worth it. I'm not even a diablo fan, i actually like diablo clone games a lot more than diablo itself.

If anything, if this is succesful we'll see even less regular Diablo games and more mobile games.

Because these zero effort games make way more money than an actual new entry in the series. Those games are very costly to make.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#103 Posted by Archangel3371 (26059 posts) -

I feel sorry for the actual developers and presenters as they are the ones who have to take the brunt of fan’s disappointment while it’s typically the higher ups making these calls. You can see some of these presenters just dying inside as they have to stand up in front of everyone and try to shine these turds.

Avatar image for ivangrozny
#104 Edited by IvanGrozny (828 posts) -

@uninspiredcup said:
@ivangrozny said:

Wouldn't you be angry if you buy Penguins hockey match ticket, but it results to be a cricket match.

Getting angry about games in general is silly. It always makes me laugh when social justice wambos cry about diversity and shit in gaming. Kids in shithole failed states are getting turned into killer soldiers and digging out mines 20 hours a day to power your cell phone so you can cry on tumbler about how oppressed they are.

When a game not being announced is the height of peoples problems, life must be pretty good.

It's not that i actually care about Diablo and Blizzard. They haven't released a good game after SC2 and expansions. They haven't released a good AAA game in decades.

But...your anology is bad. Let's not empower corporations even more to run us over for the sake of profit with an excuse that there is some poor kid in Africa having it worse. With that logic, we would still be working in factories 10 pens an hour, 10 hours, 6 days a week. There is a good reason to keep corporation greed on a short leash and vote with our wallets. When i studied business, i learn the three basics foundation principles of any business:

1. Profit

2. Social resposability

3. Ethical responsibility.

Meaning any business must strive for profit, it also has responsibilities to the society (keep environmental clean, respect laws, etc), but it also must be ethical, meaning even keeping itself in the margins of law, it should not screw their clients or other people. So no, by economic science, companies are not entitled to anything they want. They have also responsabilities to the society and people. When people feel they are being screwed, they are entitled to whine and make themselves heard. Protest, no matter how ridiculous it may be is one of the foundations of our freedom, that keeps the dark and savage capitalism at bay. Our ancestors fought for this right, spilled blood for this right, you shouldn't give it away because some can call you whiny or self-entitled. Corporations know how to protect themselves, they are not innocent. It us who need protection. Always. Eternal vigilance over greedy bastards who always try to forget rule number 2 and 3.

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#105 Edited by uninspiredcup (28568 posts) -

@ivangrozny said:
@uninspiredcup said:
@ivangrozny said:

Wouldn't you be angry if you buy Penguins hockey match ticket, but it results to be a cricket match.

Getting angry about games in general is silly. It always makes me laugh when social justice wambos cry about diversity and shit in gaming. Kids in shithole failed states are getting turned into killer soldiers and digging out mines 20 hours a day to power your cell phone so you can cry on tumbler about how oppressed they are.

When a game not being announced is the height of peoples problems, life must be pretty good.

It's not that i actually care about Diablo and Blizzard. They haven't released a good game after SC2 and expansions. They haven't released a good AAA game in decades.

But...your anology is bad. Let's not empower corporations even more to run us over for the sake of profit with an excuse that there is some poor kid in Africa having it worse. With that logic, we would still be working in factories 10 pens an hour, 10 hours, 6 days a week. There is a good reason to keep corporation greed on a short leash and vote with our wallets. When i studied business, i learn the three basics foundation principles of any business:

1. Profit

2. Social resposability

3. Ethical responsibility.

Meaning any business must strive for profit, it also has responsibilities to the society (keep environmental clean, respect laws, etc), but it also must be ethical, meaning even keeping itself in the margins of law, it should not screw their clients or other people. So no, by economic science, companies are not entitled to anything they want. They have also responsabilities to the society and people. When people feel they are being screwed, they are entitled to whine and make themselves heard. Protest, no matter how ridiculous it may be is one of the foundations of our freedom, that keeps the dark and savage capitalism at bay. Our ancestors fought for this right, spilled blood for this right, you shouldn't give it away because some can call you whiny or self-entitled. Corporations know how to protect themselves, they are not innocent. It us who need protection. Always. Eternal vigilance over greedy bastards who always try to forget rule number 2 and 3.

Except they won't vote with their wallets. They will whine and still play/buy it. Because they have bark and no bite, due to being soft.

The little kids from a failed state would have no problem with self-control, Those guys are comparatively hard as nails. Forged in fire, as opposed to bouncing around in candy floss farting their exhaust fumes.

Stick them in a jungle without twitter, they'd die.

Avatar image for AdobeArtist
#106 Posted by AdobeArtist (24977 posts) -

Oh you gotta love seeing Mark Kern, producer of Diablo II tearing into Blizzard for this royal screw up. And when it comes to developer/gamer relations, marketing strategies, and understanding the target audience - he unequivocally GETS IT!!

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#107 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27145 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:

Oh you gotta love seeing Mark Kern, producer of Diablo II tearing into Blizzard for this royal screw up. And when it comes to developer/gamer relations, marketing strategies, and understanding the target audience - he unequivocally GETS IT!!

Blizzard doesn't need to apologize for anything.

We need a war, maybe then people will stop caring so much about this nonsensical bullspit.

Avatar image for Archangel3371
#108 Posted by Archangel3371 (26059 posts) -

@AdobeArtist: Yeah I saw that earlier and it was definitely great to see and 100% spot on.

Avatar image for Dark_sageX
#109 Posted by Dark_sageX (3228 posts) -

Anybody who uses SJW terms like "Toxic Masculinity" in any argument loses me completely from their side.

Look its Blizzards fault for organization such an event, they should have known what the mobile gaming environment is like for gamers, this is completely on them, I mean what was the fans supposed to do? clap and pretend to be excited?

Avatar image for AdobeArtist
#110 Edited by AdobeArtist (24977 posts) -
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Blizzard doesn't need to apologize for anything.

We need a war, maybe then people will stop caring so much about this nonsensical bullspit.

Good thing for you this is a typing medium. I can only imagine how difficult actually vocally saying that would be with your lips planted firmly on Blizzard's arse. 😛

@Dark_sageX said:

Anybody who uses SJW terms like "Toxic Masculinity" in any argument loses me completely from their side.

Look its Blizzards fault for organization such an event, they should have known what the mobile gaming environment is like for gamers, this is completely on them, I mean what was the fans supposed to do? clap and pretend to be excited?

Exactly!! I mean we're seeing this all over the entertainment sector. Look at the defensiveness of movies, "What? You didn't LIKE my film? You just don't get MY revolutionary vision... you crybaby misogynists!!!"

These are the only mediums that place themselves above reproach, above criticism, above any accountability, where consumers (the paying customers) are exempt from voicing what we want, what we think is worth our money and time - and in direct contrast are expected to hand over our money under the pretense that we don't know what we want so it's up to creators to tell us what we want. Remember EA and "Gamers no longer want single player experiences"?

So just from which side is the entitlement coming from again?

In fact as I reflect more on the subject, it strikes me that the entire structure of microtransactions, the foundation of mobile games, is publisher entitlement. Entitlement to our money with no standard of quality, and from only minimal effort; instead of new content (expansions) to bring in post product sales, just using recycled assets resold in unlimited cycles (ie. loot boxes) that allows them to sit back and do nothing, while seeing money continue to roll in. It's entitlement to profits without the effort to earn it.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#111 Posted by Bread_or_Decide (27145 posts) -

@AdobeArtist said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Blizzard doesn't need to apologize for anything.

We need a war, maybe then people will stop caring so much about this nonsensical bullspit.

Good thing for you this is a typing medium. I can only imagine how difficult actually vocally saying that would be with your lips planted firmly on Blizzard's arse. 😛

@Dark_sageX said:

Anybody who uses SJW terms like "Toxic Masculinity" in any argument loses me completely from their side.

Look its Blizzards fault for organization such an event, they should have known what the mobile gaming environment is like for gamers, this is completely on them, I mean what was the fans supposed to do? clap and pretend to be excited?

Exactly!! I mean we're seeing this all over the entertainment sector. Look at the defensiveness of movies, "What? You didn't LIKE my film? You just don't get MY revolutionary vision... you crybaby misogynists!!!"

These are the only mediums that place themselves above reproach, above criticism, above any accountability, where consumers (the paying customers) are exempt from voicing what we want, what we think is worth our money and time - and in direct contrast are expected to hand over our money under the pretense that we don't know what we want so it's up to creators to tell us what we want. Remember EA and "Gamers no longer want single player experiences"?

So just from which side is the entitlement coming from again?

In fact as I reflect more on the subject, it strikes me that the entire structure of microtransactions, the foundation of mobile games, is publisher entitlement. Entitlement to our money with no standard of quality, and from only minimal effort; instead of new content (expansions) to bring in post product sales, just using recycled assets resold in unlimited cycles (ie. loot boxes) that allows them to sit back and do nothing, while seeing money continue to roll in. It's entitlement to profits without the effort to earn it.

I do own stock in Activision Blizzard.

I would like to thank all you "i don't play mp cod" liars for all that sweet blackout sales revenue.

I look forward to all the diablo immortal cash you're going to send to help push the stock up further.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#112 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (27145 posts) -

@Dark_sageX said:

Anybody who uses SJW terms like "Toxic Masculinity" in any argument loses me completely from their side.

Look its Blizzards fault for organization such an event, they should have known what the mobile gaming environment is like for gamers, this is completely on them, I mean what was the fans supposed to do? clap and pretend to be excited?

Throwing a tantrum like a kid in a super market is also not a good option either.

Just sayin.

Avatar image for Dark_sageX
#113 Posted by Dark_sageX (3228 posts) -
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Dark_sageX said:

Anybody who uses SJW terms like "Toxic Masculinity" in any argument loses me completely from their side.

Look its Blizzards fault for organization such an event, they should have known what the mobile gaming environment is like for gamers, this is completely on them, I mean what was the fans supposed to do? clap and pretend to be excited?

Throwing a tantrum like a kid

Well done, I'm now convinced to join your side!

/sarcasm.

Tell me something, have you actually ever spoken to a human being before?

Avatar image for Vaasman
#114 Posted by Vaasman (13243 posts) -
@Bread_or_Decide said:

Blizzard doesn't need to apologize for anything.

We need a war, maybe then people will stop caring so much about this nonsensical bullspit.

If you're going to use relative privation as an argument, I'd like to point out that on scales of importance, complaining about people complaining about a game, falls quite a bit short of complaining about a game.

Avatar image for davillain-
#115 Posted by DaVillain- (32398 posts) -

@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Dark_sageX said:

Anybody who uses SJW terms like "Toxic Masculinity" in any argument loses me completely from their side.

Look its Blizzards fault for organization such an event, they should have known what the mobile gaming environment is like for gamers, this is completely on them, I mean what was the fans supposed to do? clap and pretend to be excited?

Throwing a tantrum like a kid in a super market is also not a good option either.

Just sayin.

A tantrum or not, I will not be getting it because I simply do not play games on my Phone and I don't like Mobile games with a passion.

The announcement crashed and burned because they tried to sell it to their hardcore fans. Bring that garbage to E3 and watch the so-called "game journalists" eat it up. 99% of the reason why fans are complaining is because they killed the mood at this year's Blizzcon with a game that was obviously going to get booed and Blizzard didn't take ques from EA's Command & Conquer Mobile fiasco, Bliz went EA. And you wanna say throwing a tantrum like a kid? GTFO with that garbage!

Avatar image for luxuryheart
#116 Posted by LuxuryHeart (979 posts) -
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Archangel3371 said:

@Bread_or_Decide: Sorry but I don’t buy that lameass “these shows aren’t for gamers” excuse. BlizzCon is definitely for the fans. The fact that these fans who actually paid money to go to the event and that the audience in attendance actually booed the announcement seems lost on you not to mention the absolute irony of you calling the fans “nerds” on an Internet game forum.

Petulent children who don't know how to behave. Plenty of other things were announced for those sorry basement dwellers. And much like fallout 76, they can't stand anyone else getting a product made for them.

Yeah, they're nerds and nobody cares what they think because normal people don't come here to complain about things they don't want to buy.

I love MGS, and survive wasn't an affront to my fanhood, in fact, because I kept an open mind I ended up really enjoying the experience that game had to offer. But you see, that requires being an adult, and gaming is filled with grown men who are really just angry little kids.

Both of you have good points, but I mostly side with Archangel for this one.

Your points: I agree that gamers are entitled. Look at the reaction to Pokemon Let's Go. Sure Diablo 4 dreamers said that Blizzard could have announced that they were making Diablo 4 and all would have been well. Um??? Look at Nintendo. They announced that they were making a Pokemon Gen 8 for core Pokemon fans, and they still threw a fit about Let's Go. The only thing Nintendo could have done to please them was not make Let's Go at all. In that case, gamers are some elitists club house that doesn't want to let anyone else in. If companies aim for casual gamers, they feel threatened. Same reason they attacked the Wii, Minecraft, Fortnite, etc.

His points: this was an event for their core Western fanbase who paid money to see announcements geared towards them. It's messed up that they paid about $50-200 to go to an event and see a highly anticipated game not aimed at them. I totally think Blizzard should expand their audience for Diablo, but there's a time and place. I think it would not have gotten as much hate if they had showed a title screen of Diablo 4, and then announce their mobile game online.

Avatar image for R4gn4r0k
#117 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29166 posts) -

If you present a product on stage and people start booing, then you have failed at creating an enticing product.

Non of this mumbo jumbo "man babies" and all that other psychological crap that gets tossed out there.

You showed a product, people booed, it's time to reevaluate what you're doing.

LMAO, who am I kidding, this is Acti-Blizzard: Time to milk some whales !!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for davillain-
#118 Posted by DaVillain- (32398 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

If you present a product on stage and people start booing, then you have failed at creating an enticing product.

Non of this mumbo jumbo "man babies" and all that other psychological crap that gets tossed out there.

You showed a product, people booed, it's time to reevaluate what you're doing.

LMAO, who am I kidding, this is Acti-Blizzard: Time to milk some whales !!!!!!!!!!!

The only thing I got out of Blizzcon is Overwatch new character Ashe and that's the only good thing that came out of it.

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#119 Posted by Kali-B1rd (1442 posts) -
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Dark_sageX said:

Anybody who uses SJW terms like "Toxic Masculinity" in any argument loses me completely from their side.

Look its Blizzards fault for organization such an event, they should have known what the mobile gaming environment is like for gamers, this is completely on them, I mean what was the fans supposed to do? clap and pretend to be excited?

Throwing a tantrum like a kid in a super market is also not a good option either.

Just sayin.

Right, they should of just rolled over.

Booing was absolutely the right thing to do. You need to show these companies that you are not happy with the direction they are taking.

This whole "its their product/art/interpretation they can do what they want bullshit" is exactly the kind of crap that leads to Triss Merigold not being Triss Merigold in the new Witcher Netflix series....

Oh well, **** feedback.

Avatar image for Jag85
#121 Posted by Jag85 (12224 posts) -
@kali-b1rd said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Dark_sageX said:

Anybody who uses SJW terms like "Toxic Masculinity" in any argument loses me completely from their side.

Look its Blizzards fault for organization such an event, they should have known what the mobile gaming environment is like for gamers, this is completely on them, I mean what was the fans supposed to do? clap and pretend to be excited?

Throwing a tantrum like a kid in a super market is also not a good option either.

Just sayin.

Right, they should of just rolled over.

Booing was absolutely the right thing to do. You need to show these companies that you are not happy with the direction they are taking.

This whole "its their product/art/interpretation they can do what they want bullshit" is exactly the kind of crap that leads to Triss Merigold not being Triss Merigold in the new Witcher Netflix series....

Oh well, **** feedback.

It's worth noting that the Witcher Netflix series is based on the books, not the games. And the Witcher author himself said that the game characters don't look like his book characters. The book Geralt, for example, has no beard. So the fan backlash against Henry Cavill's lack of beard is just ignorant. And Triss doesn't have ginger hair in the books either.

Avatar image for Bread_or_Decide
#122 Edited by Bread_or_Decide (27145 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Dark_sageX said:

Anybody who uses SJW terms like "Toxic Masculinity" in any argument loses me completely from their side.

Look its Blizzards fault for organization such an event, they should have known what the mobile gaming environment is like for gamers, this is completely on them, I mean what was the fans supposed to do? clap and pretend to be excited?

Throwing a tantrum like a kid in a super market is also not a good option either.

Just sayin.

Right, they should of just rolled over.

Booing was absolutely the right thing to do. You need to show these companies that you are not happy with the direction they are taking.

This whole "its their product/art/interpretation they can do what they want bullshit" is exactly the kind of crap that leads to Triss Merigold not being Triss Merigold in the new Witcher Netflix series....

Oh well, **** feedback.

It's worth noting that the Witcher Netflix series is based on the books, not the games. And the Witcher author himself said that the game characters don't look like his book characters. The book Geralt, for example, has no beard. So the fan backlash against Henry Cavill's lack of beard is just ignorant. And Triss doesn't have ginger hair in the books either.

Sometimes the best choice doesn't 100% mimic the original source. Hugh Jackman was a taller wolverine, and he killed it.

Avatar image for davillain-
#123 Posted by DaVillain- (32398 posts) -

@Jag85 said:
@kali-b1rd said:
@Bread_or_Decide said:
@Dark_sageX said:

Anybody who uses SJW terms like "Toxic Masculinity" in any argument loses me completely from their side.

Look its Blizzards fault for organization such an event, they should have known what the mobile gaming environment is like for gamers, this is completely on them, I mean what was the fans supposed to do? clap and pretend to be excited?

Throwing a tantrum like a kid in a super market is also not a good option either.

Just sayin.

Right, they should of just rolled over.

Booing was absolutely the right thing to do. You need to show these companies that you are not happy with the direction they are taking.

This whole "its their product/art/interpretation they can do what they want bullshit" is exactly the kind of crap that leads to Triss Merigold not being Triss Merigold in the new Witcher Netflix series....

Oh well, **** feedback.

It's worth noting that the Witcher Netflix series is based on the books, not the games. And the Witcher author himself said that the game characters don't look like his book characters. The book Geralt, for example, has no beard. So the fan backlash against Henry Cavill's lack of beard is just ignorant. And Triss doesn't have ginger hair in the books either.

Henry Cavill looks okay as Geralt. But at the same time, he looks way too much Legolas (Lord of the Rings) & Lucius (Harry Potter) combine but this isn't me saying Henry Cavill is a bad actor or anything, I honestly love him as Superman & he fits that character perfectly but as Geralt it’s just hard to see past his Superman/Clark Kent young boyish face. He has the look & the attitude to boot, so I'm sure it'll grow into me as the series goes on.

Avatar image for Jag85
#124 Posted by Jag85 (12224 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@Jag85 said:
@kali-b1rd said:

Right, they should of just rolled over.

Booing was absolutely the right thing to do. You need to show these companies that you are not happy with the direction they are taking.

This whole "its their product/art/interpretation they can do what they want bullshit" is exactly the kind of crap that leads to Triss Merigold not being Triss Merigold in the new Witcher Netflix series....

Oh well, **** feedback.

It's worth noting that the Witcher Netflix series is based on the books, not the games. And the Witcher author himself said that the game characters don't look like his book characters. The book Geralt, for example, has no beard. So the fan backlash against Henry Cavill's lack of beard is just ignorant. And Triss doesn't have ginger hair in the books either.

Henry Cavill looks okay as Geralt. But at the same time, he looks way too much Legolas (Lord of the Rings) & Lucius (Harry Potter) combine but this isn't me saying Henry Cavill is a bad actor or anything, I honestly love him as Superman & he fits that character perfectly but as Geralt it’s just hard to see past his Superman/Clark Kent young boyish face. He has the look & the attitude to boot, so I'm sure it'll grow into me as the series goes on.

I was thinking he looks more like a cross between Legolas and Sephiroth... But apparently, Cavill's look is closer to Geralt in The Witcher books.

Avatar image for zaryia
#125 Edited by Zaryia (6322 posts) -

Triss and Yennifer not being white is hardly the same as getting a shitty Diablo mobile game lol.

Now if they both did a terrible job acting, and the script made them unrecognizable behavior and story wise, you would have a point. But the skin color doesn't really mean much.

Avatar image for kenshiro3948
#126 Edited by kenshiro3948 (150 posts) -

Nope. Blizzard screwed up and are out of touch with their fanbase so they deserve all the shit they are getting.

They should have known revealing a mobile Diablo game to a crowd full of hardcore PC gaming enthusiasts that have waited years for a sequel to their beloved game would draw so much anger. I'm not even a Diablo fan and I can sympathize with the fans that feel burned by this announcement. You don't betray your primary customers like that, I don't care how big mobile gaming is. What they did would be the equivalent of Sony throwing together a PSX event to announce that the next sequel to GOW or TLOU was going to be a mobile game, totally moronic move. They could have handled the announcement and reveal of the game in a better way.

Avatar image for Rockman999
#127 Posted by Rockman999 (7250 posts) -

Hermits are notorious whiners. Welcome to the 21st century.

Avatar image for TheEroica
#128 Posted by TheEroica (17810 posts) -

Super crybaby to complain to the extent they have... People don't understand that they can ignore things they don't like... Instead they act like someone poured sulfuric acid over their head.

Make no mistake its crybaby of the highest order...

Avatar image for uninspiredcup
#129 Posted by uninspiredcup (28568 posts) -

@TheEroica said:

Super crybaby to complain to the extent they have... People don't understand that they can ignore things they don't like... Instead they act like someone poured sulfuric acid over their head.

Make no mistake its crybaby of the highest order...

Agreed. There's a reasonable and understandable negative reaction and then there's Black Hawk Down.

Avatar image for ronthallsballs
#130 Posted by RonThallsBalls (134 posts) -

I like how “journalists” and ever other r-tard who reads clickbait articles has co-opted the word “entitled”. I see it everywhere now. Was reading the paper the other day, skimmed through the Obituaries and I see....

Jeff Long is survived by wife Katlynn and sons Jared and William. Mourners feeling entitled are to meet at Farthings Grange for memorial and rememberance service at 9am Sunday November the 11th.”

And...

“Entitled Ford County residents protest outside mayor Waylon’s business offices citing unsafe drinking water.”

SMH

Avatar image for Vaasman
#131 Edited by Vaasman (13243 posts) -
@TheEroica said:

Super crybaby to complain to the extent they have... People don't understand that they can ignore things they don't like... Instead they act like someone poured sulfuric acid over their head.

Make no mistake its crybaby of the highest order...

The alternative to praising what you like and criticizing what you don't like is to become a complacent consumer zombie.

As much as I'm sure EA, Ubisoft, and Activision would love if I just enjoy or at minimum ignore everything they shove under my nose, if I smell shit I'm going to send the food back to the kitchen.

Avatar image for kali-b1rd
#132 Edited by Kali-B1rd (1442 posts) -
@zaryia said:

Triss and Yennifer not being white is hardly the same as getting a shitty Diablo mobile game lol.

Now if they both did a terrible job acting, and the script made them unrecognizable behavior and story wise, you would have a point. But the skin color doesn't really mean much.

Yet if it was the reverse it would be a massive deal, and come under the "Cultural Appropriation" banner... or some other excuse to call white people racist for modifying a non-white character.

Anyway back to this thread.

LOL at the apologists for big companies, god forbid they make a big mistake and piss off their audience that made them this big in the first place.

Avatar image for vaidream45
#133 Posted by Vaidream45 (1281 posts) -

I didn’t wanna believe it but now I’ve seen and heard it. Blizzard announced that most of their internal devs are currently working on mobile games across all of their IP’s and that they have seen the shift to mobile gaming. As Metallica once said. “Sad but

You can see the press segment here:

http://youtu.be/XmqCovWVBTg

Avatar image for mumunaro
#134 Edited by mumunaro (88 posts) -

Blizzard deserve the shit they are getting for how they treated their core audience.

And they made it worse by announcing their BEST DEVS are now working on mobile versions of all their IPs.

So yeah. Piss on them. They are jumping head first into mobile because of that sweet microtransaction revenue and profit.