How will next gen controllers improve?

• 69 results
#1 Posted by XVision84 (14460 posts) -

PS3 had built-in motion controls. Xbox 360 had arguably the best ergonomic controller of its gen. Wii had innovative motion controls.

PS4 had the touch pad, light bar, and share button. Xbox One refined their Xbox 360 controller. Switch had portable gaming and improved rumble.

I personally thought Nintendo had the most interesting changes. The PS4's touch pad and built-in speakers are hardly of consequence. The share button is the only new addition that was significant.

What do you think the next consoles will have? Do you think the next updates will be of consequence and significantly influence gameplay? Or will they play it safe and stick with current designs? Are there any current gen controller annoyances that you want gone?

#2 Posted by DocSanchez (4919 posts) -

Depends on whether VR will stick around I suppose. It's not for everyone.

But if history is anything to go by, Sony will threaten something shite then bang together the safest choice imaginable at the nth hour, MS will get it damn right first time and Nintendo will come up with some gimmicky crap that only kind of works due to the conventions they do fall back on. GC and N64 controllers still among the worst first party main controllers ever.

#3 Posted by warmblur (1111 posts) -

All I wish is that they could find a way to make aiming as precise as using a mouse.

#4 Posted by ProtossRushX (4709 posts) -

Dual Shock 5 will have everything the dual shock 4 has better battery life higher quality product and it should be fine

xbox one controller uhh needs lights needs batteries out of the box needs a a whole bunch of shit the controller couldn't even plug in headsets without using something else the controller was a fucking disaster i hope microsoft is paying attention

#5 Posted by XVision84 (14460 posts) -
@warmblur said:

All I wish is that they could find a way to make aiming as precise as using a mouse.

That would require a complete overhaul of how we play games on consoles. It would be very interesting!

Probably not going to happen in the span of one generation though.

#6 Posted by Archangel3371 (26440 posts) -

I don’t know but I think the Xbox One controller is about as good as it gets and the Elite is probably the best but probably a bit to pricey to be the default pack in controller. I guess there may be a little bit of room for improvement in the d-pad.

#7 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@XVision84 said:
@warmblur said:

That would require a complete overhaul of how we play games on consoles. It would be very interesting!

Actually, Xbox One already supports KB/M, I don't see why next-gen consoles wouldn't be able to support KB/M right out the bat? Why ask for controller to be more precious when KB/M can do it so much more?

#8 Posted by Vaidream45 (1434 posts) -

I’m thinking the Xbox Elite paved the way for the next gen with those buttons or triggers on the back. I don’t see what else is possible. In order for a controller change to be in need requires new types of games and sadly we are seeing a lot of rinse and repeat in side scrolling, 3rd person and 1st person perspective games. I say the controller stays the same but some back buttons will be added across the board next gen. Oh and Sony will definitely get rid of that stupid light and hopefully make a controller that can last more than 3 hours. Nintendo needs to remember how to make a great dpad again like the SNES had. If they nailed that then I could comfortably say that the Switch Pro controller is the best of all time but that dpad is stiff as all hell. Xbox also had a great controller but I really don’t like any of the dpads on the market now. I got an 8bitdo snes30 pro controller because that dpad is perfection and use it on my Switch, PC, and PS4. For the PC side I would like to see HOTAS make a comeback. They are still around but almost zero competition. We need more games that utilize HOTAS as well. Steam controller tried to emulate the mouse/keyboard as well as they could but still not quite there. To this day I still cannot play fps games on any console which sucks cuz I’m mainly a couch gamer these days.

#9 Posted by Sevenizz (2213 posts) -

This is a good question. I think we’ve reached the pinnacle of what we expect in a controller. The dualshock and Xbox controller have been the standard for three generations now and Nintendo seems to think their customers like some sort of motion control.

The Atari ‘joystick’ lasted 1 generation, the NES set up lasted 2.5, and 3D seems to be at 3 and no one’s really complaining about it. Like others have said, I don’t expect any big changes with the next generations other than battery life and durability. The touchpad & lightbar never really caught on and were considered gimmicky at best. I expect them to be removed from the dualshock. The Xbox Elite controller’s success did show that customers want a premium product and we might see some additional triggers, but even that is a crap shoot. I fully expect both sony and MS to launch an Elite style option at launch. Possibly an Elite console sku as well with more storage.

#10 Posted by getyeryayasout (11904 posts) -

I like the dualshock mock-ups that show a small touchscreen with Sony's XMB displayed across it. Along with second screen functionality that could be cool, like a small WiiU gamepad.

#11 Posted by rzxv04 (281 posts) -

@XVision84 said:

PS3 had built-in motion controls. Xbox 360 had arguably the best ergonomic controller of its gen. Wii had innovative motion controls.

PS4 had the touch pad, light bar, and share button. Xbox One refined their Xbox 360 controller. Switch had portable gaming and improved rumble.

I personally thought Nintendo had the most interesting changes. The PS4's touch pad and built-in speakers are hardly of consequence. The share button is the only new addition that was significant.

What do you think the next consoles will have? Do you think the next updates will be of consequence and significantly influence gameplay? Or will they play it safe and stick with current designs? Are there any current gen controller annoyances that you want gone?

The DS4 seems like a half step towards AR/VR. The next gen of controllers would probably include more features that easily integrates more into AR/VR that may incidentally benefit more traditional uses but we might see a case of having two different controllers: One for basic, one a more "Elite" design from both Sony and MS.

Possibilities are:

Left and Right Controllers and/or Middle Accessory

See the Steam Knuckles, Vive, Windows AR controllers and even the Switch. These provide a more comfortable way of using the controllers as you can just spread both of your hands away from each other and just lay on the sofa/couch/bed. It's more natural.

They could go with a design where you can just snap in both controllers and only use 1 charging port if needed.

Fast/Wireless Charging

For those controller builds that have internal battery, we will not be surprised if it has these features. Some might find it nice to simply put the controller on top of their console to charge after a gaming session.

These might lessen the annoyance if some of the next gen controllers barely improve battery life of a DS4.

Gyroscope, Acceleromenter and "Light Bar Equivalent" for Everyone

One of the most basic feature set for entering VR/AR. Raise the standard to the potential of the VR/AR market.

Sony is able to create a controller that has a lot more features than the Xbox One yet charge similar pricing. It wouldn't be surprising for MS to follow by at least putting a gyro, accel and their lightbar equivalent (could be sonic detection, signal rings, doesn't have to be a visible light like in the DS4.).

More Physical Buttons

Xbox Elite Controller tried this idea but might've been overdone with modularity that makes it hard to put into a more aggressive price point. Streamline the design and make it more affordable.

It could be more shoulder buttons, paddles, etc.

Four Stage Buttons: Capacitive, "Faux Analogue/Faux Pressure", Haptic Feedback

This IMO could be the most revolutionary or the worst gimmick of multiplying input commands without increasing the number of buttons. Some will argue it would be better to increase the number of physical buttons.

Capacitive and Pressure Sensitive Grips

I think works better with Valve Knuckles. I don't think it's as practical as the above but they have patents for it.

Finger Print Detection

Could release a backlash. Don't think it's as practical as the above due to politics.

#12 Posted by XVision84 (14460 posts) -

@davillain-: They can support them, but kb/m offers an unfair advantage in multiplayer. They can't go kb/m default because many people enjoy controllers for their simplicity.

#13 Posted by xantufrog (10083 posts) -

I think all controllers should have analog rumble triggers

Avatar image for blueberry_bandit
#14 Posted by Blueberry_Bandit (860 posts) -

I would expect DS5 to have haptic feedback like today's VR controllers, only better. Which in turn means the new motion controls for PSVR2 on PS5 will be using the same haptics, perhaps at a more advanced stage.

PSVR2's controllers will likely be based off Valve's Knuckles or the Oculus Touch to give much better hand presence and finger sensing.

#15 Posted by rzxv04 (281 posts) -

@blueberry_bandit said:

I would expect DS5 to have haptic feedback like today's VR controllers, only better. Which in turn means the new motion controls for PSVR2 on PS5 will be using the same haptics, perhaps at a more advanced stage.

PSVR2's controllers will likely be based off Valve's Knuckles or the Oculus Touch to give much better hand presence and finger sensing.

Valve Knuckles seems great the fact that you can let loose of your grip anytime while still having function. I have not experienced it for myself but if they remove unwanted registers or increase accuracy, might be amazing.

#16 Posted by Blueberry_Bandit (860 posts) -

@rzxv04 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:

Valve Knuckles seems great the fact that you can let loose of your grip anytime while still having function. I have not experienced it for myself but if they remove unwanted registers or increase accuracy, might be amazing.

They are great from what I've seen too. I think Sony patented the idea of a grippable texture on the controller that you can squeeze into to give the feeling of soft objects. That would be a really great addition.

#17 Posted by rzxv04 (281 posts) -

@blueberry_bandit said:
@rzxv04 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:

They are great from what I've seen too. I think Sony patented the idea of a grippable texture on the controller that you can squeeze into to give the feeling of soft objects. That would be a really great addition.

Just saw this but it seems old. Sony/MS could probably produce something better.

http://youtu.be/uD3hhIYr1f4?t=39

I'm not sure about textures but I can see it as a novel/experimental feature for PC games/indies I guess but if its suprisingly cheap hardware to incorporate, maybe it'd be ok.

#18 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17947 posts) -

I don't want MS to change much from the XB1 controller... it's damn near perfect.

#20 Posted by Migina (17 posts) -

I'm sure they'll come up with something we can't even begin to imagine right now. I mean, did anyone expect the share button on the PS4 or portable gaming device of the Switch?

#21 Posted by ProtossRushX (4709 posts) -
@hrt_rulz01 said:

I don't want MS to change much from the XB1 controller... it's damn near perfect.

uh it didn't come with rechargeable batteries and the first wave couldn't plug in basic headsets without an addon it has no lights it has no touch pad its lacking features for this generation they didn't do anything to it they made it a smaller 360 controller with worse bumpers and the triggers and sticks are way too tight it feels like a huge step back from the 360

#22 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (17947 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

uh it didn't come with rechargeable batteries and the first wave couldn't plug in basic headsets without an addon it has no lights it has no touch pad its lacking features for this generation they didn't do anything to it they made it a smaller 360 controller with worse bumpers and the triggers and sticks are way too tight it feels like a huge step back from the 360

Uh I don't want it to have rechargeable batteries (especially the sh*t ones the DS4 has), the new version is now able to plug in headsets, it has an Xbox logo on it that lights up (like having lights on a controller even matters), don't want a a sh*t touch pad on it that I'll never use. The rest are just your opinions, which I totally disagree with.

What "features" is it lacking exactly? It has trigger rumble, which is awesome and every controller should have it. The only thing the DS4 has over the XB1 controller that's any good is the inbuilt speaker. Other than that? Jack sh*t.

#23 Posted by Blueberry_Bandit (860 posts) -

@rzxv04 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@rzxv04 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:

Just saw this but it seems old. Sony/MS could probably produce something better.

I'm not sure about textures but I can see it as a novel/experimental feature for PC games/indies I guess but if its suprisingly cheap hardware to incorporate, maybe it'd be ok.

That looks like a neat solution. Microsoft actually have produced several devices that surpass this like these:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

#24 Posted by babyjoker1221 (1255 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:
@ProtossRushX said:
@hrt_rulz01 said:

Uh I don't want it to have rechargeable batteries (especially the sh*t ones the DS4 has), the new version is now able to plug in headsets, it has an Xbox logo on it that lights up (like having lights on a controller even matters), don't want a a sh*t touch pad on it that I'll never use. The rest are just your opinions, which I totally disagree with.

What "features" is it lacking exactly? It has trigger rumble, which is awesome and every controller should have it. The only thing the DS4 has over the XB1 controller that's any good is the inbuilt speaker. Other than that? Jack sh*t.

I find the built in speaker underwhelming tbh. The share button is probably the only feature that I wouldn't mind the next Xbox controller borrowing.

The light bar is a terrible feature. PS4 owners everywhere were pleading for Sony to allow them the option to turn it off as it was distracting and a battery killer.

The TouchPad also is basically useless. It has a few small insignificant uses, but is hardly a feature to rave about.

The horrid battery life is the primary travesty of the DS4. Hopefully Sony listens and fixes that issue next gen.

The overall build quality is also by far the worst. The DS4 creaks and cracks if you apply a firm grip to it. The rubber on the sticks doesn't completely fall off as bad as it did early on, but its still below par.

Sony has a lot to work on if they want a decent controller for next gen.

MS need only make the elite controller the standard, and they've achieved near perfection.

#25 Edited by hrt_rulz01 (17947 posts) -

@babyjoker1221: Yeah... out of both controllers, the DS4 is in need of most improvement.

#26 Posted by Zappat (1261 posts) -

I frankly think they should strive to something closer to the Steam controller, really it is the most versatile controller yet, it can be adapted to almost any type of game and with future consoles coming closer to PC it can only be a good thing.

#27 Posted by Zappat (1261 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@XVision84 said:
@warmblur said:

Actually, Xbox One already supports KB/M, I don't see why next-gen consoles wouldn't be able to support KB/M right out the bat? Why ask for controller to be more precious when KB/M can do it so much more?

The PS4 has had KB/M support since the beginning the problem is that it depends on developers implementing the support but KB/M is not so attractive for the couch gaming crowd and it also puts the developers in a position where they would have to balance the game for people using different interfaces.

#28 Edited by KungfuKitten (25967 posts) -

I hope we'll see analogue triggers and HD rumble in all of them, and good battery life. Oh and PC support. That right there, would be everything I want from a next gen controller. It would be a very good starting point for future generations.

But if I'm allowed to dream I want to not have the whole sticks be 'clickable'. Because my hands don't like clicking in the whole stick. It feels weird, and I often move the stick a little while doing it. Maybe a solution is buttons on the sticks, 2 extra buttons on the right like with Gamecube, or something like the handlebars?

Also, I think this is a very good question of you to ask.

#29 Posted by uninspiredcup (29208 posts) -

A microtransaction button.

#30 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@zappat said:

The PS4 has had KB/M support since the beginning the problem is that it depends on developers implementing the support but KB/M is not so attractive for the couch gaming crowd and it also puts the developers in a position where they would have to balance the game for people using different interfaces.

I....I didn't know that! Most of the times, I see few youtubers using Xbox One for KB/M gaming sessions. I wasn't aware PS4 can do the same, but then again, I guess it makes sense I never seen PS4 using KB/M cause their's hardly anyone playing shooters on it I guess.

#31 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5970 posts) -

Touch bar?... Motion controls?... Light?...

LOL.

The Play station controller with its asymmetric analogue sticks is a POS in terms of ergonomics.

Also clearly you haven't noticed that all of the novelty stuff they try fails bad, the controllers won't change because they can't change. There's nothing you can do with them other than minor tweaks and refinements.

#32 Posted by nepu7supastar7 (4703 posts) -

@warmblur:

"All I wish is that they could find a way to make aiming as precise as using a mouse."

I always hated using the mouse for that same reason. It's too sensitive and it makes fps movement feel more robotic.

#33 Posted by Valkeerie (272 posts) -

How about taking it back to the 70s and featuring dials like the Atari 2600 Driving Controllers? Make them clickable on the outer rim so that you can register a direction in 360º and rotate them for the extra axes. It's a cross between CAD Software 3D Mice and the Etch a Sketch toy. Not only would it change the way that we play games, the controller would grant 6DoF (six degrees of freedom) on your thumbs, leaving the rest of your hand for anything else.

#34 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

X1 and Elite need nothing more and I love the idea of not having to buy new controllers and other peripherals when you buy a new next gen console.

FC and BC hardware and software FTW. Thank you MS, for the gamers... Jazz. :P

#35 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5970 posts) -

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@warmblur:

"All I wish is that they could find a way to make aiming as precise as using a mouse."

I always hated using the mouse for that same reason. It's too sensitive and it makes fps movement feel more robotic.

What?...

Ever been paint balling or been in the military?... a mouse is a closer representation of the twitch speed you need not to die or get shot, a controller is not realistic at all and is actually the robotic or more accurately the lethargic approach movement.

That said we all have preferences.

#36 Posted by warmblur (1111 posts) -

@nepu7supastar7 said:

@warmblur:

Sounds like you need to turn off mouse acceleration.

#37 Posted by rzxv04 (281 posts) -

@blueberry_bandit said:
@rzxv04 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@rzxv04 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:

That looks like a neat solution. Microsoft actually have produced several devices that surpass this like these:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Those are very cool.

I guess in the distant future, glove + controller (shape unspecified) would the really awesome as far as mainstream controllers go.

With those haptic feedbacks, me might even just get fine by having to hold a cheap non functioning controller block, we hold it and the glove is the one doing all the feedbacks.

Gotta make sure they're sweat resistant, relatively breathable though. Probably easier to figure out than all the other things they're trying to develop for.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

LOL.

The Play station controller with its asymmetric analogue sticks is a POS in terms of ergonomics.

Also clearly you haven't noticed that all of the novelty stuff they try fails bad, the controllers won't change because they can't change. There's nothing you can do with them other than minor tweaks and refinements.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony goes for another gimmick. It's their trademark since DS3.

#38 Edited by Blueberry_Bandit (860 posts) -

@rzxv04 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@rzxv04 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Those are very cool.

I guess in the distant future, glove + controller (shape unspecified) would the really awesome as far as mainstream controllers go.

With those haptic feedbacks, me might even just get fine by having to hold a cheap non functioning controller block, we hold it and the glove is the one doing all the feedbacks.

Gotta make sure they're sweat resistant, relatively breathable though. Probably easier to figure out than all the other things they're trying to develop for.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

LOL.

I wouldn't be surprised if Sony goes for another gimmick. It's their trademark since DS3.

These are pretty cool ideas for the next 5-7 years of VR controllers, but Oculus believes haptic gloves will be ready for consumers by 2028. If that happens, it's the only control scheme we need aside from optional gloves-free hand tracking, because then you can simulate any controller in your hand.

#39 Posted by rzxv04 (281 posts) -

@blueberry_bandit said:
@rzxv04 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:
@rzxv04 said:
@blueberry_bandit said:

Loading Video...
Loading Video...
Loading Video...

Those are very cool.

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

LOL.

These are pretty cool ideas for the next 5-7 years of VR controllers, but Oculus believes haptic gloves will be ready for consumers by 2028. If that happens, it's the only control scheme we need aside from optional gloves-free hand tracking, because then you can simulate any controller in your hand

Yup.

#40 Edited by Jackamomo (1255 posts) -

@warmblur: All I wish is that they could find a way to make aiming as precise as using a mouse.

I keep going over this and it is a design I have already invented.

It is a track-ball to replace the right analogue stick.

It is genius and I invented it so if it gets used I can sue everyone for billions with this image as it has metadata proving I invented it first.

I'm bringing back the lcd screen from the Dreamcast as although it's a gimmick, it's a fun one that would get more use than a silly touch pad and mine is full colour not black and white.

@blueberry_bandit The MS R+D division is a joke and the greatest waste of money mankind has ever seen and has yet to come up with a single idea that wasn't stupid or everyone didn't hate.

#41 Posted by sealionact (3232 posts) -

Don't really think ms need to change too much. They've already produced the best controller in the Elite, they just need to bring the price down, and you can always improve battery life.

Sony need to stop trying to produce a multi tasking controller. Touchpads and light bars are gimmicks that barely anyone uses, and the battery life is horrendous. Stick layout is personal preference, and by sticking with adjacent sticks Sony are going it alone....everyone else recognises the diagonal layout as being better.

Ultimately, the only thing I really expect is better battery life.

#42 Edited by Jackamomo (1255 posts) -

@sealionact: Ultimately, the only thing I really expect is better battery life.

Dare to dream, Sealionact.

#43 Posted by osan0 (15219 posts) -

in terms of MS and sony they probably wont. they will stick to their "iconic" layout. for what they are they are perfect (especially the xbox controller. they basically perfected it with the 360 then put some bells on for the X1).

they should be taking a good hard look at the steam controller though. the tech used in that makes it the fastest, most flexible and most powerful controller on the planet. its not mouse accurate but its a huge step up from a traditional controller. the touch pads also make other types of game work well on a controller (total war. on a steam controller. it works well). dual stage triggers make a return (does the X1 controller have dual stage? the 360 didnt. i dont think a controller had them since the gamecube) and its motion controls are excellent (just had some crack with dirt rally using motion control steering. i am not good at it though :S).

finally flappy paddle buttons on the grips. these need to be a standard. how are these not a standard already? i know some controllers like the elite controller also have them but seriously: if MS, sony or nintendo release their next systems and they dont have flappy paddle buttons (at least one on each side) then fans should be absolutely furious. from changing gears to reloading or throwing a grenade: flappy paddle. get it done.

there is room for improvement. its take on a dpad, though stupidly quick in terms of input speed, is not nice to use as a dpad. the triggers could do with more travel for racing games. the L1 and R1 buttons are a bit stiff and comfort could be improved.

as a controller to play todays games on it is superior to the traditional controller in every single way (or at least as good as).. i played tomb raider with it a while back and its just in a different league to a 360/PS3 controller.

#44 Posted by Mandzilla (2133 posts) -

Nintendo's next controller should have better triggers, Sony's more battery life and Microsoft's a built in battery rather than AAs. Other than that they're all pretty great.

#45 Posted by Sushiglutton (6970 posts) -

@zappat said:
@davillain- said:
@XVision84 said:
@warmblur said:

I don't think they will have to balance. The console recognize input method and then matches players based on it (that is true for Fortnite at least http://www.ign.com/articles/2018/11/10/xbox-one-keyboard-and-mouse-support-coming-to-fortnite-and-more ). This might even be something that devs won't have to think about, but MS will handle automatically?

I wish more games would support KB/M on consoles. Especially all the SP FPS games like Metro, Rage, Doom, etc. Wonder how much extra work that would be as they already have a PC version which supports both input methods. So it's a bit suprising to me that they don't already.

Then all you need is this:

#46 Posted by AJStyles (247 posts) -

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=7hPX_SresUM

Nintendo will make a controller that looks identical to the “Bop it” from the 90’s.

#47 Edited by HavocV3 (8067 posts) -

@mandzilla said:

Nintendo's next controller should have better triggers, Sony's more battery life and Microsoft's a built in battery rather than AAs. Other than that they're all pretty great.

no way to a built in battery. Unless it lasts 50-60 hours per charge minimum. Microsoft should just go back to something like this, but make it standard with every controller sold. Or make a controller SKU for people who don't need the proprietary pack. And let them use whatever primary AAs or rechargeable AAs that they want.

Consumer choice > no choice.

Because having a wireless headset + a controller with bad battery life is a nightmare. I'm actually lucky that my Stealth 400 charging port broke. Because I took the opportunity to open it up and chuck the craptastic 900 mah battery and fabricated an 18650 holder to the headband. Now the headset lasts 60 hours per charge with a single 3500 mah lithium cell, swapping a new cell in is as fast as plugging in a cable, & I never have to wire it up or share a charging cable with the DS4.

#48 Posted by Telekill (8138 posts) -

Just make both the touch pad and light bar smaller for the PS5 controller and it'll be great.

#49 Edited by Litchie (22647 posts) -

Here's what I hope.

Sony should put their left stick in the place human thumbs rests naturally, so we don't have to bend our thumbs down to it. A concept Sony for some reason hasn't managed to understand since PS2. They should also remove the freaking light on the back draining its' already bad battery life. ~6-8 hours battery life is pretty sad.

Microsoft should have a rechargable battery instead of AA's. Change and maintain a supply of batteries is annoying as hell. "Get some rechargable AA's" some people say. Not only are those expensive, I'd still have to change them out frequently. Design is still good, but they need a better d-pad.

Nintendo should do what they did with Switch Pro controller. Probably the best controller in the world right now. Button/stick placements are perfect. Battery life ~80 freaking hours. Very comfortable design for human hands. Gyro sensor making it much easier to aim in games you need to aim in. Unbeatable.

#50 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -

I certainly hope everyone is stealing the splitable controller idea and release controllers that can be splitted into two ... it is so much more comfortable. And it would allow us to get additional accessoirs where you can keep them together but with a bigger middle part