How do you rate Xbox One+Playstation 4 combo for racing/driving games?

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
Posted by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) 9 days, 15 hours ago

Poll: How do you rate Xbox One+Playstation 4 combo for racing/driving games? (20 votes)

Both are pretty good! 65%
They're okay, they better make new or revive their old IPs for next gen. 25%
Both are lame and boring! 10%

Okay drivers!

My question is:

So how do you find Xbox One + Playstation 4 combo for racing/driving games so do you find them both fun & enjoyable to play or something?

Their home console 1st party titles are:

• Xbox One:
    1. Forza Motorsport 5 (XB1 launch title)
    2. Forza Horizon 2
    3. Forza Motorsport 6
    4. Forza Horizon 3
    5. Forza Motorsport 7
    6. Forza Horizon 4
  • Playstation 4:
    1. Driveclub (Supposed to be PS4 launch title)
    2. WipEout Omega Collection (Remastered PS3 & Vita title)
    3. Gran Turismo Sport

Well both of their current gen home consoles do have good amount of 3rd party multiplat titles something like:

• Assetto Corsa
  • Project Cars
  • DiRT
  • Formula 1
  • WRC
  • Need For Speed
  • The Crew
#1 Posted by SecretPolice (33986 posts) -

Where's the poll option of...

For SW purposes.

T10/PG racers poop all over Polly/Phony racers? lol :P

#2 Posted by knight-k (1994 posts) -

PC + PS4, since you can play Forza on PC.

No need for an Xbone.

#3 Posted by Archangel3371 (26083 posts) -

When it comes to driving games I’ll just stick with the Xbox One. I don’t really care for Driveclub, Wipeout, or Gran Turismo and any multiplatform game I’ll play it on the Xbox One as I find the controller to be so much better.

#4 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10122 posts) -

I'm not big into racing games, so I probably would be happy with any system. The best experience however is on PC. Forza H4 looks really, really good on my rig and I love driving around in its gorgeous world

#5 Posted by scatteh316 (9741 posts) -

Are all those Forza games listed in the OP games that have only been released since Xbone launched?

If they are that holy shit balls....... no wonder lems are mad all the time being milked like that.

#6 Posted by DaVillain- (32431 posts) -

I know this is a Xbox One & PS4 combo on both racing games but, Nintendo Switch shouldn't be left out because I really enjoy playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe then what both Xbox One & PS4 racing games has to offer, it's all about fun factor.

Since this isn't the case in this thread, I can say that "Both are pretty good" on their racing games offerings, no question about it. And to make it clear, I'm not going for 3rd party racing games here, just focusing on the racing console exclusives only, so both console offerings are all excellent to me.

#7 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

For SW purposes.

Some how my thread managed to trigger Sony fanboys to rage lol.

The only relevant 1st party IP from Playstation for me is Gran Turismo.

#8 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@knight-k said:

No need for an Xbone.

Wait I thought you didn't like racing games lol.

When people enjoy playing Xbox consoles so you got a problem?

#9 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@davillain- said:

I know this is a Xbox One & PS4 combo on both racing games but, Nintendo Switch shouldn't be left out because I really enjoy playing Mario Kart 8 Deluxe then what both Xbox One & PS4 racing games has to offer, it's all about fun factor.

Since this isn't the case in this thread, I can say that "Both are pretty good" on their racing games offerings, no question about it. And to make it clear, I'm not going for 3rd party racing games here, just focusing on the racing console exclusives only, so both console offerings are all excellent to me.

I understand on what you mean.

Currently here is what I see at that moment......

• Xbox One & PS4 are mostly focusing on racing simulators (Forza Motorsport & Gran Turismo) and arcade street racers (Forza Horizon & Driveclub).
  • Nintendo Switch/Wii U are mostly focusing on kart racer (Mario Kart) and futuristic racer (Fast Racing).

Well I'd find Xbox & Playstation's racing experience are both completely different compared to Nintendo's in terms of gameplay.

Xbox and Playstation pretty much killed off their kart racer IP after end of 7th gen console era: Kinect JoyRide and LittleBigPlanet Karting respectively but I don't really care about kart racers in general because they're not my type of gameplay.

Okay your type of racing game is kart racing while my one is racing simulators.

Side note: I'm not too sure if Shin'en Multimedia's Fast Racing is Nintendo's IP, because it's publisher says is Shin'en Multimedia for the West region while Arc System Works in Asia region plus they're currently they're exclusively for Nintendo consoles, hopefully Nintendo might able to bring legendary F-Zero series back with new installment in the near future.

#10 Posted by I_P_Daily (9165 posts) -

@davillain- said:

Mario Kart is a vehicular combat game first and foremost, playing it without weapons is like eating cereal without milk, sure you can do it but you're not doing it properly.

As for the bold, any racing game fan playing on the PS4 would be a fool to think Sony's racing offerings are excellent this gen lol.

#11 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@Archangel3371 said:

When it comes to driving games I’ll just stick with the Xbox One. I don’t really care for Driveclub, Wipeout, or Gran Turismo and any multiplatform game I’ll play it on the Xbox One as I find the controller to be so much better.

To me:

• Driveclub, it's an okay but the reason why racing community criticised the game because of the driving physics feels much like an arcade racer rather than proper racing simulator.
  • Wipeout, not too bad and I'm not a big fan of futuristic racing games.
  • Gran Turismo Sport, it's a pretty good game despite being lack of content at launch until it gets monthly updates.

I also feel Xbox One controller more comfortable than PS4's.

Forza & Gran Turismo are my personal favourite racing game franchises of all time.

#12 Posted by Pedro (31733 posts) -

This a try hard thread. We get it, you love your xbox.

#13 Posted by DaVillain- (32431 posts) -

@Pedro said:

Correction, he likes both PS4 & Xbox One which they have their own offering racing exclusive games if MclarenMaster18 sig is to believe.

#14 Posted by DaVillain- (32431 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Mario Kart is a vehicular combat game first and foremost, playing it without weapons is like eating cereal without milk, sure you can do it but you're not doing it properly.

As for the bold, any racing game fan playing on the PS4 would be a fool to think Sony's racing offerings are excellent this gen lol.

I was being fair on both of these consoles in terms of racing exclusive games, but don't underestimate Grand Turismo series, it has more fan base then you think. But yes, I always prefer Mario Kart as it's both vehicular combat racing for it's fun factor, that series can get really addictive, for me that is.

#15 Posted by I_P_Daily (9165 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

I was being fair on both of these consoles in terms of racing exclusive games, but don't underestimate Grand Turismo series, it has more fan base then you think. But yes, I always prefer Mario Kart as it's both vehicular combat racing for it's fun factor, that series can get really addictive, for me that is.

Fanbase has nothing to do with quality, and GT quality has been on the decline for many years. You're not being "fair" you're just pumping up PS4's tyres when we both know the PS4 sucks arse when it comes to racing games from Sony.

Take Driveclub, broken upon release, mixed messaging from Sony, and Sony shut evolution down after the game released. Then there's Wipeout, cows don't play old games and its a niche ship racer lol. Then there's the stripped away GT Sport, the way they are giving away content it will take them 5yrs to have the same amount of cars last years FM7 had on release.

#16 Posted by knight-k (1994 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:

No need for an Xbone.

Me thinking racing games are boring has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Nice try though lemming.

#17 Posted by Zappat (945 posts) -
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Fanbase has nothing to do with quality, and GT quality has been on the decline for many years. You're not being "fair" you're just pumping up PS4's tyres when we both know the PS4 sucks arse when it comes to racing games from Sony.

Take Driveclub, broken upon release, mixed messaging from Sony, and Sony shut evolution down after the game released. Then there's Wipeout, cows don't play old games and its a niche ship racer lol. Then there's the stripped away GT Sport, the way they are giving away content it will take them 5yrs to have the same amount of cars last years FM7 had on release.

GTS has been added a bunch of stuff since release. And GTS is the racing sim on consoles with actually more quality in gameplay and simulation according to Inside Sim Racing, beating FM7. So if GT declined in quality, FM is even worse. Of course we're talking about the sim racing aspects of the game but since you're not a real racing fan then you probably don't care about those.

#18 Posted by CTR360 (8609 posts) -

forza its the king of this gen for me i dont own xbox one i hate GT sports change so much for the worst i hate allways online online crap style

#19 Posted by Steve5XG (91 posts) -

I enjoy playing not only PS4, but also Xbox. Everything is better if you have a driving wheel.

#20 Edited by ellos (1650 posts) -

Well if you look at them listed like that it all looks shitty. All Forza games on MS side. On Sony side you get a remaster and either incomplete or broken mess at launch game. Then they went and dismissed that talented studio. They gave them just one shot this gen lol. It doesn't look good but however MS stands out by sheer volume and FH series being actually well made and different take to Forza. Its a welcome site as Forza Motorsport is heading toward same pile a shit that GT landed in. Its becoming steril. GTS is fantastic and shows a new focus that these sim console games will follow. The thing is though you can count on turn 10 to complete that focus when they come back from FM break. On the other hand PD are no longer able to complete something that is actually good.

I guess in the end I can say GTS + FH is a good combo to have.

#21 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:

No need for an Xbone.

Me thinking racing games are boring has nothing to do with the subject of this thread.

Nice try though lemming.

Are you out of your mind? don't you remember you said racing games are boring from one of my old threads?

Here is my another question for you cow: Which racing game combo is better for you?

Combo A: Forza Motorsport + Gran Turismo

Combo B: Crash Team Racing + Modnation Racers

Answer it.

#22 Posted by knight-k (1994 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:

No need for an Xbone.

Nice try though lemming.

Are you out of your mind? don't you remember you said racing games are boring from one of my old threads?

Here is my another question for you cow: Which racing game combo is better for you?

Answer it.

Hahaha, lemming read your own thread title:

What has me thinking racing games are boring have to do with the subject? Am I not allowed to have an opinion because I find them boring?

And I would pick B since CTR is the best out of all those games imo.

#23 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:

No need for an Xbone.

Nice try though lemming.

Answer it.

What has me thinking racing games are boring have to do with the subject? Am I not allowed to have an opinion because I find them boring?

When did I not allow you to say racing games are boring? I was exposing your hypocrisy.

Do you also like other Playstation 1st party racing games aside from Crash Team Racing?

#24 Posted by rrjim1 (1669 posts) -

I don't even bother with GT any more, its awful, if I want a great racing game I don't need to look any further then Forza. "CTR is the best out of all those games" - is this some kind of a joke, if it isn't than you don't know shit about cars and racing.

#25 Posted by That_Old_Guy (540 posts) -

I feel like my car is on skates in GT.

I prefer Forza.

#26 Edited by l34052 (3839 posts) -

This gen, for me at least, GT fell off and is not even a shadow of its former self and I avoided it.

Yes I know there will be people come in condemning me and say this that and the other have all been added to the game since release but the reality is that it's still FAR from the GT of old.

For me the best racing game(s) of this gen are PCARS 1+2 and Assetto Corsa, both played with a wheel.

PCARS especially is a sublime experience with the wheel, it's the only game I've played that genuinely makes me feel like a racing driver.

#27 Posted by sealionact (3125 posts) -

@knight-k: "PC + PS4, since you can play Forza on PC."

Don't need a pc, since you can play Forza on Xbox.. .and PS4 only has one half decent racer.

#28 Posted by sealionact (3125 posts) -

@scatteh316: lol ...only a rabid fanboy would think console owners are going mad because they have a decent choice of racers.

#29 Posted by knight-k (1994 posts) -

@sealionact said:

@knight-k: "PC + PS4, since you can play Forza on PC."

Don't need a pc, since you can play Forza on Xbox.. .and PS4 only has one half decent racer.

But there's nothing else on Xbone worth having. Pls show me all the great AAA exclusives of Xbone (and PC btw)

#30 Posted by knight-k (1994 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Nice try though lemming.

Answer it.

When did I not allow you to say racing games are boring? I was exposing your hypocrisy.

Do you also like other Playstation 1st party racing games aside from Crash Team Racing?

How am I a hypocrite? I can still rate the best game system combo for racing games even if I find them boring.

And Gran Turismo was good in the PS1/PS2 era but has turned to shit last gen. So no, there aren't a lot of good ps race exclusives, drive club was a good try though.

But, PS4 gets enough third party racing games, so that's not a problem imo. And Gran Turismo is still the biggest racing franchise even though I don't like it (anymore)

#31 Posted by SecretPolice (33986 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:

For SW purposes.

To be fair, cows are easily triggered...

lol :P

#32 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:

For SW purposes.

Signs of cows being triggered:

1. Getting mad over people enjoying playing with Xbox consoles.
  2. Hearing opinions they don't like which causes them to get angry.
  3. Any new Microsoft products being announced, they just get mad.
  4. When they hear at least one person respecting Microsoft, they just go mad.
#33 Posted by SecretPolice (33986 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:

For SW purposes.

1. Getting mad a people enjoying playing with Xbox consoles.

LOL...

:P

#34 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

LOL...

Xbox's power will scare cows away who ever disrespects Xbox lol.

Cows also believe that PS4+PS Vita is the best combo for racing games.

Also when I say Xbox One+PS4 is better combo choice than PS4+Vita they will get mad at me lolz.

#35 Posted by sealionact (3125 posts) -

@knight-k: Oh there's plenty. You don't need to spend thousands on a pc AND a PS4, so as long as they're on Xbox, who cares where else they are available. There's the best versions of open world games like rdr2, there's better and more racers, there's more shooters, there's those little indie gems like ori and cuphead and then there's all the other advantages Xbox has over PS4.

#36 Posted by knight-k (1994 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

LOL...

Also when I say Xbox One+PS4 is better combo choice than PS4+Vita they will get mad at me lolz.

Oh yeah cows are so scared of Xbone, oh my god, whatever will cows do when PS4 is at 90 million units sold and has the most and best exclusives.

#37 Posted by SecretPolice (33986 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:

LOL...

Oh yeah cows are so scared of Xbone, oh my god, whatever will cows do when PS4 is at 90 million units sold and has the most and best exclusives.

Mighty X1X MonsterBox MasterRace, The most powerful gaming console in the universe...

69 million sold through with the best of the best of the best Win10 Exclusives on the planet.

Xbox Won... baby!!!

Prove me wrong. lol :P

#38 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@Pedro said:

Correction, he likes both PS4 & Xbox One which they have their own offering racing exclusive games if MclarenMaster18 sig is to believe.

It's true that these 2 consoles offered me the 1st party racing games that I preferred the most. Consisting Forza Motorsport 5, 6 & 7 (Xbox One), Gran Turismo Sport (PS4), and Forza Horizon 2, 3 & 4 (Xbox One).

Also they offered heaps of 3rd party multiplat racers too!

That's why I'd personally think XB1+PS4 is the best racing combo in this gen IMO.

#39 Posted by DaVillain- (32431 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:

Daily, turn off that Xbox One fanboy mode, GT may not be what it is to you, but I personally had fun with GT Sport despite the light content but now, it's getting more updates. Between GT Sports & Forza Motorsport 7, I played both and in the past, it's hard for me to say which one is the best, it's a Draw! "If" I must pick one winner, it's FM7 and believe me, this wasn't easy to pick a winner.

And as for Driveclub, I didn't follow the game that much until much later and I think that it's an okay game. It has some of the coolest graphics on a console. The problem is that a good number of cars have trash play control. Some cars have very good play control, though.

If you're gonna go fanboy on me, take that crap somewhere else!

#40 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:

Daily, turn off that Xbox One fanboy mode, GT may not be what it is to you, but I personally had fun with GT Sport despite the light content but now, it's getting more updates. Between GT Sports & Forza Motorsport 7, I played both and in the past, it's hard for me to say which one is the best, it's a Draw! "If" I must pick one winner, it's FM7 and believe me, this wasn't easy to pick a winner.

And as for Driveclub, I didn't follow the game that much until much later and I think that it's an okay game. It has some of the coolest graphics on a console. The problem is that a good number of cars have trash play control. Some cars have very good play control, though.

If you're gonna go fanboy on me, take that crap somewhere else!

In one of my last year threads, I_P_Daily mentioned he enjoyed Driveclub until he changed his mind.

And same goes with you mentioned that Playstation's first party racers were bad until some point you played Driveclub or GT Sport.

Driveclub's driving physics, feels more like an old PSX racing game or a hobby 1/10th scale R/C car that can be purchased from hobby shops rather than real car IMO.

Anyways I'd much more prefer Forza Motorsport & Gran Turismo due to more realism in terms of driving physics.

#41 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:

Nice try though lemming.

Answer it.

How am I a hypocrite? I can still rate the best game system combo for racing games even if I find them boring.

And Gran Turismo was good in the PS1/PS2 era but has turned to shit last gen. So no, there aren't a lot of good ps race exclusives, drive club was a good try though.

But, PS4 gets enough third party racing games, so that's not a problem imo. And Gran Turismo is still the biggest racing franchise even though I don't like it (anymore)

Okay fine, you're not into racing simulators but you're more of a kart racing fan.

Are you still wishing your favourite Playstation kart racers like Crash Team Racing, Ape Escape Racing, Modnation Racers and LittleBigPlanet to be re-release on PS4?

#42 Edited by DaVillain- (32431 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18: Yes Mom.

Edit: Hey wait a minute, how do you System War users keep track of everyone's post and mines is over a year old? I can't see how anyone (well besides tormentos) can keep up a year old threads.

#43 Posted by knight-k (1994 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Answer it.

Okay fine, you're not into racing simulators but you're more of a kart racing fan.

Are you still wishing your favourite Playstation kart racers like Crash Team Racing, Ape Escape Racing, Modnation Racers and LittleBigPlanet to be re-release on PS4?

Yes that's right.

And yeah, I would love more good karting games. CTR is the only really good one out of that list imo.

#44 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:

Yes that's right.

And yeah, I would love more good karting games. CTR is the only really good one out of that list imo.

I heard CTR is actually a good kart racer plus it's Naughty Dog's final Crash Bandicoot game they developed.

#45 Posted by knight-k (1994 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@knight-k said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Yes that's right.

I heard CTR is actually a good kart racer plus it's Naughty Dog's final Crash Bandicoot game they developed.

It's so good I still play it with friends in split screen after 20 years. I hope they remaster it.

#46 Posted by thedeepvi (5 posts) -

CTR is really good racing game. give it a chance and you will not regret it :P

#47 Edited by cainetao11 (35577 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

LOL...

lol

Great list as well mclarenmaster. As for "what else is there on Xbox? Where are all the other AAA games?" LMAO Proving again that some people have no mind of their own. Why do I care what reviewers say about games? I don't about movies, books, music so why would I about games? I decide what I like. I don't need Halo 5, Gears 4, QB, SoD2 to be AAA by critics anymore than cows that cling to GTS even though it gets hammered against Forza do.

#48 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (960 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:
@SecretPolice said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:
@SecretPolice said:

LOL...

lol

Great list as well mclarenmaster. As for "what else is there on Xbox? Where are all the other AAA games?" LMAO Proving again that some people have no mind of their own. Why do I care what reviewers say about games? I don't about movies, books, music so why would I about games? I decide what I like. I don't need Halo 5, Gears 4, QB, SoD2 to be AAA by critics anymore than cows that cling to GTS even though it gets hammered against Forza do.

Yeah cows don't even have respect, they just hate games that isn't on Playstation consoles.

Even when I love Forza and GT, cows just want to criticise me like that.