Claim Your HYPE - The SW Hype Thread Sticky

Avatar image for zassimick
#151 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@charizard1605: Your hype thread is probably the direction I'll push more users into taking. The role of claiming the hype thread is more to manage who hypes what and to push relevant, important information about the game--sort of keep the thread alive with the discussion (not bump the threads.)

I mean, look at what we have for hype threads and then how many users do you think actually read or look at what is put in these threads? I'm not meaning to be a downer--I just want to set expectations because I respect users' time. A perfect example of this is five posts up: you'll see a user who posted in this very thread thinking this was the NieR hype thread. Users just don't read the threads. They'll look at images and that's that.

Please, if you're passionate and can engage users with great images and useful information put time into it! We don't want lazy hype threads. But I think as we continue claiming hype threads, I'm going to modify the expectations: owner of the hype thread becomes more of a host to engage discussion and log hype and coordinate other things.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#152 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@zassimick said:

@charizard1605: Your hype thread is probably the direction I'll push more users into taking. The role of claiming the hype thread is more to manage who hypes what and to push relevant, important information about the game--sort of keep the thread alive with the discussion (not bump the threads.)

I mean, look at what we have for hype threads and then how many users do you think actually read or look at what is put in these threads? I'm not meaning to be a downer--I just want to set expectations because I respect users' time. A perfect example of this is five posts up: you'll see a user who posted in this very thread thinking this was the NieR hype thread. Users just don't read the threads. They'll look at images and that's that.

Please, if you're passionate and can engage users with great images and useful information put time into it! We don't want lazy hype threads. But I think as we continue claiming hype threads, I'm going to modify the expectations: owner of the hype thread becomes more of a host to engage discussion and log hype and coordinate other things.

That was actually my exact thinking, ultimately. I was thinking of coordinating with @_Matt_, we had this huge thing planned out where we would have gorgeous images with embedded texts and GIFs, and all... but then I asked myself two things: will the average System Wars poster care? And equally importantly, does the average System Wars poster actually need to know what Zelda is and why people should be hyped for it?

The answer is, the forum has a diminishing population and the people who are here are absolutely the corest, most enthusiast of all users- we are the people who keep up with gaming news, we know about at least all the major games and what to expect from them. We don't need to be told what Zelda is or how it matters lol. So I figured, might as well just make it a central discussion hub and hype logging kind of thread. Which, hey, it is still generating discussion- it would or would not have done so without an elaborate OP.

That said, I certainly think that for smaller, more niche games, we can and should have more informative OPs. While most users may know exactly what to expect from Zelda, Uncharted, or Halo, even the average SW poster does not know much about Persona 5, Nioh, or Below- so for hype threads of these games, if the user coming in could learn exactly why these games are worth hyping, it would be helpful.

Just my 2 cents. I feel like I'm just repeating exactly what you said, but in a more rambly manner lol.

Avatar image for aigis
#153 Edited by aigis (7354 posts) -

@charizard1605: I'll give you a pass on Zelda, but you better not slack off on P5, im watching you :P

Avatar image for charizard1605
#154 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@aigis: It'll be even more barebones, Aigis. It'll be even more barebones.

Avatar image for zassimick
#155 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@charizard1605: Yeah, that's it. Users should use their judgment and personal hype to get others excited. Whether that takes quality information, memes, or just getting the thread up and running is up to the user in the end.

I know for Kingdom Hearts 3 I'm planning to design a magazine and lay it out that way. May even "sell ad space" for users to provide artwork to troll other users or whatever nonsense. :P But that's because of my passion for the series and this being the finale in the Dark Seeker Saga.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#156 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@zassimick: I'll definitely buy all your ad space to troll you, the thread, and the series :P

And yeah, I hear you, you definitely want to put in effort for games you care about. Although, Zelda is my favorite series of all time, and this game is monolithic in its hype for me, but it sounds like I've just checked out and am super lazy :p

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
#157 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -

@zassimick: Thanks for the Feedback. I removed most o the header parts, but I still want to have it in some places like the opening quote. It just looks nice to me :D

Avatar image for charizard1605
#158 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@davillain-: Horizon reviews go up on Feb 20. Can you get a hype thread done by tonight? If not, please let me know, and I'll post one. We need a hype thread before the reviews go live day after tomorrow. Thanks.

Avatar image for davillain-
#159 Edited by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@charizard1605 said:

@davillain-: Horizon reviews go up on Feb 20. Can you get a hype thread done by tonight? If not, please let me know, and I'll post one. We need a hype thread before the reviews go live day after tomorrow. Thanks.

Not sure if you seen my message from Steam to you. I already made Zero Dawn hype thread due to different timezone everyone has, I went on and made it: Horizon: zero Dawn hype thread

Edit: By the time you read this, I'll be gone until I return later tonight.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#160 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@davillain-: I made this post before contacting you on steam lol

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
#161 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -

Any suggestions how I can keep the Switch hype thread active. I tried posting news, but nobody reacts. It's close to getting to the second page :S

Avatar image for kvally
#162 Posted by kvally (8445 posts) -

@ArchoNils2 said:

Any suggestions how I can keep the Switch hype thread active. I tried posting news, but nobody reacts. It's close to getting to the second page :S

I think it has to do with the popularity of Xbox vs. PlayStation. Nintendo gets treated like the red headed step child in SW. Has nothing to do with your lack of content or your thread quality, which is great BTW.

Avatar image for davillain-
#163 Edited by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@kvally said:
@ArchoNils2 said:

Any suggestions how I can keep the Switch hype thread active. I tried posting news, but nobody reacts. It's close to getting to the second page :S

I think it has to do with the popularity of Xbox vs. PlayStation. Nintendo gets treated like the red headed step child in SW. Has nothing to do with your lack of content or your thread quality, which is great BTW.

I just think it's too early to be excited on Nintendo Switch since it's not releasing until next week and with everything we seen so far, no one isn't hype for it until next week, I wouldn't be surprise Nintendo Switch hype thread to be sticky so we won't have that many Switch threads so there's a possibility that the hype thread will be sticky.

Also Kvally, are you ever gonna do a NeiR: Automata hype thread? I think you should, you'll do justice.

Avatar image for sukraj
#164 Posted by sukraj (27808 posts) -

don't know if I will get Nier because I still have to play Resident Evil 7 and Horizon so I may have to buy Nier a few weeks after it comes out.

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
#165 Edited by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -

I have a problem with my hype thread. I can't edit or full edit my OP or my 1st reply. It doesn't work with Chrome and it doesn't work with Edge. I tried it several times in the past 3 days. Is there something wrong with GS? I would love to update the new announced launch titles

Avatar image for aigis
#166 Posted by aigis (7354 posts) -

@ArchoNils2: If nobody here knows anything and it keeps happening, a better place to ask would be the bug board

Avatar image for charizard1605
#167 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@ArchoNils2 said:

I have a problem with my hype thread. I can't edit or full edit my OP or my 1st reply. It doesn't work with Chrome and it doesn't work with Edge. I tried it several times in the past 3 days. Is there something wrong with GS? I would love to update the new announced launch titles

Let me check.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#168 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@ArchoNils2: I can edit both the posts still. Would you like to send me material, and I can add it for you?

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
#169 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -

@charizard1605: Did you edit my OP? The header picture is gone oO

Avatar image for charizard1605
#170 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@ArchoNils2 said:

@charizard1605: Did you edit my OP? The header picture is gone oO

I did not remove the header picture 0_0

Check now? It should be back

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
#171 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -

@charizard1605: Well apparently I can edit the Op again, so I added it again.

But I still get errors when editing the 2nd post. It's really weird

Avatar image for charizard1605
#172 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@ArchoNils2 said:

@charizard1605: Well apparently I can edit the Op again, so I added it again.

But I still get errors when editing the 2nd post. It's really weird

It's some weird bug of some kind, I guess

Avatar image for ArchoNils2
#173 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10231 posts) -

weird, in edit the Youtube video of the 2nd post didn't load. So I removed it and added it again. Now I can edit the 2nd post again. Something weird is happening

Avatar image for mjorh
#174 Posted by mjorh (6742 posts) -

@zassimick: I think if i post the hype thread for ME Andromenda now, it would get overshadowed by Zelda and Switch so it'd be better if i wait a bit, what do you say?

Avatar image for aigis
#176 Posted by aigis (7354 posts) -

@zassimick: I'll do Splatoon 2 if nobody feels really strongly about it

Avatar image for Shewgenja
#177 Posted by Shewgenja (20824 posts) -

Drawn to Death hype thread here.

Avatar image for Heil68
#178 Posted by Heil68 (58170 posts) -

Rime comes out soon!!!!

Initial release date: May 26, 2017

Rime is an upcoming third-person view, adventure and puzzle video game developed by Tequila Works. The game is set to be released in May 26, 2017 for PlayStation 4, Xbox One, Microsoft Windows, and Summer 2017 for Nintendo Switch

Loading Video...

I signed up for this one long ago!

Avatar image for charizard1605
#180 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

posting here for no reason.

Avatar image for zassimick
#181 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

@charizard1605: Aside from reminding me to update it. Good job. :P Update on the way as long as we feel this serves a purpose. I saw a few random Hype threads come out; not a lot of effort though (which is the direction it seems to be taking at times?)

Avatar image for charizard1605
#182 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@zassimick said:

@charizard1605: Aside from reminding me to update it. Good job. :P Update on the way as long as we feel this serves a purpose. I saw a few random Hype threads come out; not a lot of effort though (which is the direction it seems to be taking at times?)

I mean, not having much direction is honestly fine, since hype threads are just supposed to serve as information and discussion hubs at this point. That's just my take on it, though. I did go ahead and make super elaborate threads for Persona 5 and Zelda (eventually)...

Avatar image for zassimick
#183 Posted by zassimick (10421 posts) -

Doesn't look like @nathanbats is posting much on SW, but you do have a hype thread claimed: Injustice 2 around May 13 if you're still interested (release date of May 16.)

Also, @Heil68 is on top of his game and knows the Rime release date. Looking forward to seeing this thread around May 23 (and I really want to play the game but am currently planning on waiting for the Switch version... even though it's more expensivo...).

Avatar image for nathanbats
#184 Edited by nathanbats (1057 posts) -

@zassimick:

I will probably release the thread tomorrow

Avatar image for nathanbats
#185 Edited by nathanbats (1057 posts) -

@zassimick:

I made and released the hype thread for injustice 2

Avatar image for cainetao11
#186 Posted by cainetao11 (35693 posts) -

I am calling Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony release date September 26, 2017

Come on Guys!!!!

Avatar image for davillain-
#187 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

I am calling Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony release date September 26, 2017

Come on Guys!!!!

I don't know anyone likes Danganronpa to be honest, I however never got into the series myself.

Avatar image for aigis
#188 Edited by aigis (7354 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@cainetao11 said:

I am calling Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony release date September 26, 2017

Come on Guys!!!!

I don't know anyone likes Danganronpa to be honest, I however never got into the series myself.

Avatar image for cainetao11
#189 Posted by cainetao11 (35693 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@cainetao11 said:

I am calling Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony release date September 26, 2017

Come on Guys!!!!

I don't know anyone likes Danganronpa to be honest, I however never got into the series myself.

My hype thread will make people like Dangan bro!!!

Avatar image for aigis
#190 Edited by aigis (7354 posts) -
@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:
@cainetao11 said:

I am calling Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony release date September 26, 2017

Come on Guys!!!!

I don't know anyone likes Danganronpa to be honest, I however never got into the series myself.

My hype thread will make people like Dangan bro!!!

but you dont even like Danganronpa...

Avatar image for cainetao11
#191 Posted by cainetao11 (35693 posts) -

@aigis said:
@cainetao11 said:
@davillain- said:
@cainetao11 said:

I am calling Danganronpa V3: Killing Harmony release date September 26, 2017

Come on Guys!!!!

I don't know anyone likes Danganronpa to be honest, I however never got into the series myself.

My hype thread will make people like Dangan bro!!!

but you dont even like Danganronpa...

Oh well LOL

I called it in the claim hype thread.

Avatar image for aigis
#192 Edited by aigis (7354 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

Oh well LOL

I called it in the claim hype thread.

about that, you should check the op

Avatar image for cainetao11
#193 Posted by cainetao11 (35693 posts) -

@aigis said:
@cainetao11 said:

Oh well LOL

I called it in the claim hype thread.

about that, you should check the op

LOL did so long ago

Avatar image for aigis
#194 Edited by aigis (7354 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

LOL did so long ago

I guess it came in handy...

Avatar image for davillain-
#195 Edited by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@cainetao11 said:

My hype thread will make people like Dangan bro!!!

I'm sure you'll convince me to buy the game when I see you do it. Good lucky dokie.

Avatar image for aigis
#196 Edited by aigis (7354 posts) -

...

Avatar image for cainetao11
#197 Posted by cainetao11 (35693 posts) -

@aigis said:
@cainetao11 said:

LOL did so long ago

I guess it came in handy...

Gotta know who I'm trolling ;p

@davillain- said:
@cainetao11 said:

My hype thread will make people like Dangan bro!!!

I'm sure you'll convince me to buy the game when I see you do it. Good lucky dokie.

It'll be a yuge thread, the best thread

Avatar image for davillain-
#198 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@zassimick Since I don't see anyone claiming Crackdown 3 for Xbox One/Scorpio/PC MS exclusive, I'm gonna do Crackdown 3 hype thread and whatever it's release date, I'll have it up by one week from it's release day.

Avatar image for charizard1605
#199 Posted by charizard1605 (82678 posts) -

@zassimick Claiming ARMS and Mario Odyssey, if that's okay

Avatar image for EnergyAbsorber
#200 Posted by EnergyAbsorber (5026 posts) -

Is anyone making the Tekken 7 hype thread?