Battlefield V reviews coming in - 85 on MC

• 152 results
#51 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01 said:

@BassMan: I enjoyed BF1's campaign... so each to their own.

You aren't alone, BF1 campaign was lackluster but I still play it just for the hell of it. It wasn't the best nor worst, just average and I'm glad Dice is still continuing supporting campaigns even though they are lackluster. That said, I am looking forward to trying out the campaign this weekend since I do get to play the game early as I'm part of EA Premier.

#52 Posted by Sevenizz (2213 posts) -

First Battlefield game I won’t buy. I don’t like the tone they’re taking with historical accuracy. Yes I’m aware it’s a videogame and historical accuracy in questionable in every game, but there’s plenty of ignorant people out there who know very little of WW2 and to put something as ridiculous as a steampunk female amputee on the front lines is just retarded.

#53 Posted by DocSanchez (4919 posts) -

No interest in this one at all.

#54 Edited by DragonfireXZ95 (24712 posts) -

Already have it pre-ordered! Although, I don't get the early access, but meh, I guess that's the price we pay for not shelling out a bunch more money. Lol I'm just glad they aren't fragmenting the community with DLC maps anymore.

#55 Edited by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@DragonfireXZ95: With you're new RTX 2080Ti & i9 9900k, you are ready for Prime time with BFV! Congrats on you're new PC DragonfireXZ95.

Though that CPU isn't for me, I'm still interest going with Ryzen 2700X.

#56 Posted by ProtossRushX (4709 posts) -

Didn't we just have a WW2 CoD why is EA doing this its called staleness things get stale if you do 2 in a row like ugh this could have been a modern or futuristic shooter and I mighta tried it

#57 Posted by with_teeth26 (9108 posts) -

I'll probably get this at some point in the month after release, mostly so I can play a MP game with friends that isn't PUBG

#58 Edited by DragonfireXZ95 (24712 posts) -
@davillain- said:

@DragonfireXZ95: With you're new RTX 2080Ti & i9 9900k, you are ready for Prime time with BFV! Congrats on you're new PC DragonfireXZ95.

Though that CPU isn't for me, I'm still interest going with Ryzen 2700X.

Hell yeah! My body, and PC, are both ready. Lol

I was thinking about the 2700X before I pulled the trigger on the 9900k. And thanks. :D

#59 Posted by VagrantSnow (96 posts) -

@04dcarraher: I got the chance to play the Fallout 76 beta tonight. It is better than I expected it to be but it is certainly a lot more fun playing with others. Game is a bit shallow when playing solo. Sadly none of my friends are planning to buy it so I'm still stuck in the middle of the two games :P

#60 Posted by jahnee (3863 posts) -

Gunplay is very fun, with a better movement system and map design. Bf5 reminds me a lot to Bf3 somehow. Only thing I am missing is a bit of the dark and gritty feel other WW2 games like Call of Duty 2 had. The graphics look insanely detailed but a bit too shiny and reflective for my tastes. I will probably pick this one up for the X. But I liked Star Wars Battlefront 2 so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

#61 Edited by ermacness (7955 posts) -

@ghosts4ever:

Name me a fps that does everything that bfv does, and look just as good, or better than bfv?

I'll wait...

#62 Edited by Ghosts4ever (8034 posts) -

@ermacness: too many to list.

If we also including grapics then Metro series.

#63 Posted by JasonOfA36 (981 posts) -

It looks okay. I played the beta and it was okay. Funny thing is, BF4 had a way worse launch but I still thing BF4 is still the best game they've made recently.

#64 Posted by sealionact (3232 posts) -

@Sevenizz: "to put something as ridiculous as a steampunk female amputee on the front lines is just retarded."

There's no steampunk female amputee in the game.

#65 Edited by sealionact (3232 posts) -

@zaryia: ..... On pc.

#66 Posted by Sevenizz (2213 posts) -

@sealionact: Oh?

http://youtu.be/dPPecjS5Vn8

#67 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -
@jahnee said:

Gunplay is very fun, with a better movement system and map design. Bf5 reminds me a lot to Bf3 somehow. Only thing I am missing is a bit of the dark and gritty feel other WW2 games like Call of Duty 2 had. The graphics look insanely detailed but a bit too shiny and reflective for my tastes. I will probably pick this one up for the X. But I liked Star Wars Battlefront 2 so I guess my opinion doesn't count.

You should see the Devastation map, it has that gritty, grey look you expect from a bombed out WWII city.

Honestly I feel there is a good variety of maps: some very colorful, some really wartorn. And of course the look of the Battlefield will change once people start blasting stuff and creating mayhem.

#68 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -
@Sevenizz said:

First Battlefield game I won’t buy. I don’t like the tone they’re taking with historical accuracy. Yes I’m aware it’s a videogame and historical accuracy in questionable in every game, but there’s plenty of ignorant people out there who know very little of WW2 and to put something as ridiculous as a steampunk female amputee on the front lines is just retarded.

Nobody even wanted that stuff (unrealistic looking soldiers). So DICE removed it:

http://wccftech.com/battlefield-v-dialing-back-customization/

Soldiers look realistic now:

http://www.reddit.com/r/BattlefieldV/comments/9urhic/battlefield_vs_paratrooper_sets/

@DragonfireXZ95 said:

Already have it pre-ordered! Although, I don't get the early access, but meh, I guess that's the price we pay for not shelling out a bunch more money. Lol I'm just glad they aren't fragmenting the community with DLC maps anymore.

They know people are anxious to get their hands on the game. They want to capitalize on that, and I think it's probably working.

I debated it for myself and I won't be getting a subscription just to play it early. It feels too weird to be allowed to play a game that I already purchased.

#69 Posted by ermacness (7955 posts) -

@ghosts4ever:

Really??!!! I didn't know that Metro offered a 64 man multiplayer, with vehicles AND infantry combat, and a comprehensive destruction features all wrapped in one game, with graphics like bfv. This is all news to me.

#70 Posted by Ghosts4ever (8034 posts) -

@ermacness: metro exodus is probably doing what EA can never do. Unless we are talking about only MP games which i hate.

Metro exodua is pushing graphics to limit with huge sandox design. Batlefield always have tack on SP.

#71 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -

If you know anyone that has Origin Premier, and is already playing the game. You can have them share 10 hours of playtime with you (while you wait :p)

It's done like this:

In the Origin application, If you hover over the "Origin Access" main menu item on the left side it gives you the option to "Refer a Friend".

From there you can generate a link or search for their Origin ID.

I know I'll be bugging my mates, lol !

Enjoy ;)

#72 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -
@with_teeth26 said:

I'll probably get this at some point in the month after release, mostly so I can play a MP game with friends that isn't PUBG

No Rising Storm 2 with friends ?

Blasphemy !!

#73 Posted by KungfuKitten (25967 posts) -
@goldenelementxl said:
@R4gn4r0k said:
@watercrack445 said:

Be to honest, I didn't even know Battlefield V realeased.

It hasn't yet, haha. It's launching on the 20th.

Except if you have EA/Origin access. You can play it now

The 11th I believe.

#74 Posted by Grey_Eyed_Elf (5970 posts) -

Graphics king is Red Dead Redemption 2 for me... That game is stunning.

#75 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:

If you know anyone that has Origin Premier, and is already playing the game. You can have them share 10 hours of playtime with you (while you wait :p)

It's done like this:

In the Origin application, If you hover over the "Origin Access" main menu item on the left side it gives you the option to "Refer a Friend".

From there you can generate a link or search for their Origin ID.

I know I'll be bugging my mates, lol !

Enjoy ;)

If you wanna play BFV that badly, you are welcome to ask me cause all I really wanna do is play the Campaign and I won't be online until around later tonight but nevertheless, you can look for me on EA Origin: MJH117 (with the Captain Anderson avi)

#76 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -
@KungfuKitten said:

The 11th I believe.

It started yesterday, a day early, on the 8th.

Deluxe edition is the 15th and regular edition launches Nov. 20th

it's confusing xD

@Grey_Eyed_Elf said:

Graphics king is Red Dead Redemption 2 for me... That game is stunning.

Totally agree, not only does it look great, the attention to detail is insane.

@davillain- said:

If you wanna play BFV that badly, you are welcome to ask me cause all I really wanna do is play the Campaign and I won't be online until around later tonight but nevertheless, you can look for me on EA Origin: MJH117 (with the Captain Anderson avi)

Thanks for the offer :)

I'll add you on Origin once I get home.

#77 Posted by sealionact (3232 posts) -

@Sevenizz: I said it's not in the game. That's the reveal trailer.

That would be like refusing to buy an Xbox because "It needs to do online checks".

#78 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -
@sealionact said:

@Sevenizz: I said it's not in the game. That's the reveal trailer.

That would be like refusing to buy an Xbox because "It needs to do online checks".

First impressions last unfortunately.

Many people still believe Xbone has insane DRM and many people still believe Watch Dogs looks like it did in the original reveal trailer.

#79 Edited by KungfuKitten (25967 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k said:
@KungfuKitten said:

The 11th I believe.

It started yesterday, a day early, on the 8th.

Deluxe edition is the 15th and regular edition launches Nov. 20th

it's confusing xD

-_____-; yes it's confuzzling as ****. Thanks for clearing things up.

#80 Posted by warmblur (1111 posts) -

Old but gold.

Loading Video...
Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#81 Edited by MclarenMaster18 (976 posts) -

BF5's gameplay looks more fun than every COD games IMO.

#82 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@mclarenmaster18 said:

Funny, I heard different. Black Ops 4 from what I seen gameplay and heard, Black Ops 4 is getting lots of praises, it's said to be the best Call of Duty game in a very long time. I really haven't played a Call of Duty in a long time, I'm thinking of picking up Black Ops 4 down the road on a sale.

#83 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -
@davillain- said:
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Funny, I heard different. Black Ops 4 from what I seen gameplay and heard, Black Ops 4 is getting lots of praises, it's said to be the best Call of Duty game in a very long time. I really haven't played a Call of Duty in a long time, I'm thinking of picking up Black Ops 4 down the road on a sale.

Unfortuntately COD still has the exact same gunplay (and gun sounds) since the start of the franchise.

That stuff was fine back in 2003 but I expect better some 15 years, and even more COD-games, later

The way guns behave in Battlefield V is very different from what we got in Battlefield 1. It's a huge improvement.

Not like BF 1 didn't have improvements over the previous games: Especially 60hz servers felt very good. Meanwhile COD is still stuck at 20Hz from the last I heard.

#84 Posted by sleepnsurf (3046 posts) -
@ghosts4ever said:
@zaryia said:

BFV PC is currently graphics king for this gen.

too bad this amazing engine always wasted on terrible games.

imagine if this engine use in good game.

Dilly dilly.

#85 Posted by sealionact (3232 posts) -

@davillain-: I heard that it was a lot better too....played it for about 2 days and got so frustrated with it, I haven't been near it since.

Watching death cams of an opponent shooting 4 shots and killing me when the replay shows the bullets missed me by half a screen got tiring very fast.... The hit detection is awful.

#86 Posted by lamprey263 (35737 posts) -

Looking forward to this myself, but I will probably at least wait until I am done with Red Dead Redemption 2 first, and that might be a while.

#87 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -
@sealionact said:

@davillain-: I heard that it was a lot better too....played it for about 2 days and got so frustrated with it, I haven't been near it since.

Watching death cams of an opponent shooting 4 shots and killing me when the replay shows the bullets missed me by half a screen got tiring very fast.... The hit detection is awful.

I had the exact same experience in COD: WWII. Netcode was horrible, you kept seeing different things in the killcam.

And I'm pretty sure the game doesn't have dedicated servers and relies on ancient P2P architecture. Though Blops might be different.

@lamprey263 said:

Looking forward to this myself, but I will probably at least wait until I am done with Red Dead Redemption 2 first, and that might be a while.

Sounds like an amazing game. Take your time ;)

#88 Posted by OliverSnyders (54 posts) -

Update: 86 on MC

Loading Video...

Oh boy, the classic battlefield theme. They finally used the main theme in a trailer.

#89 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -

@davillain-: Sent you a friend request through origin :)

#90 Posted by ermacness (7955 posts) -

@ghosts4ever:

Just like EA and DICE is doing something that Metro can never do. The sp was and will probably always seem tacked on in bf because bf have always been about mp. I'll bet you that if bf can copy metro's sp whole lot better than metro trying to do a bf mp.

#91 Posted by lundy86_4 (50926 posts) -

My bro grabbed Origin Premier, so I did the same. Downloading it now, and it's been a while since i'veplayed a BF game. Kinda excited.

#92 Posted by with_teeth26 (9108 posts) -
@R4gn4r0k said:
@with_teeth26 said:

No Rising Storm 2 with friends ?

Blasphemy !!

nah my shooter friends all find it too frustrating so i'm usually left to play it alone

I actually don't mind that for RS2 since when I do play with friends I tend to get distracted and I like getting immersed and working with the entire team

#93 Edited by BassMan (9439 posts) -

@oliversnyders said:

Update: 86 on MC

Loading Video...

Oh boy, the classic battlefield theme. They finally used the main theme in a trailer.

Love it! :)

Loading Video...

My favorite theme song ever in a video game. Always brings a smile to my face. :)

Avatar image for NathanDrakeSwag
#94 Posted by NathanDrakeSwag (12508 posts) -

I have no interest in BF or CoD anymore. And even if I did I would be turned off by how poorly the game has been marketed since the reveal trailer.

#95 Posted by brimmul777 (3880 posts) -

Haven't played the single player on Battlefield V,but the multiplayer is epic. Not much a player anymore on sp.

#96 Posted by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -

@brimmul777 said:

Haven't played the single player on Battlefield V,but the multiplayer is epic. Not much a player anymore on sp.

What game modes do you play in multiplayer ?

#97 Posted by dxmcat (2467 posts) -

The SP is decent little slices. I've just been using it to figure out my binds / sensitivity n such since its been a while since I touched a Battlefield.

Game looks great tho. Ultra EVERRRRYTHINGGGG! (& ultrawide) :D

#98 Posted by DaVillain- (33006 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Gotcha, I'm not at home at the moment, too much family stuff in the way but I'll try out the friend invite BFV thing when I'm home late tonight.

#99 Edited by brimmul777 (3880 posts) -

@R4gn4r0k: Mainly Conquest only. Really went off of single player. Played a few missions on Halo:MCC, but got bored fast of it. I completed all of the Halo's except Halo 4 and Halo 5 and just play 90% multiplayer games.

#100 Edited by R4gn4r0k (29521 posts) -
@brimmul777 said:

@R4gn4r0k: Mainly Conquest only. Really went off of single player. Played a few missions on Halo:MCC, but got bored fast of it. I completed all of the Halo's except Halo 4 and Halo 5 and just play 90% multiplayer games.

I mainly enjoy Breakthrough and Frontlines, my favourite game modes from Battlefield 1 as well.

Conquest is cool but I'm not convinced by Grand Operations.

That intro was really, really cool. Love the production values of the entire experience.

@davillain- said:

@R4gn4r0k: Gotcha, I'm not at home at the moment, too much family stuff in the way but I'll try out the friend invite BFV thing when I'm home late tonight.

It's no biggie. I ended up biting the bullet and getting origin premier anyway :P

I'll just take the money from buying other games and invest all my hype into Battlefield V xD

So far ... really happy with the game ! Much better than what I played in Alpha and Beta.