Are xbox one sales at 36 millions?

• 188 results
#102 Edited by ronvalencia (26541 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

Im confused.....you just proved my point.

If Sony stopped releasing PS3 numbers individually to the public..............how is that any different than MS now?

Sure, they combined PS2, Slim and Fat into one, but that was because PS2 was still being produced.

360 was discontinued in late 2015/early 2016 (depending on region). They dont have anything to combine it with.

My point stands. Sony did not release individual PS3 numbers for years.

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/sony-hides-ps3-sales-number-bunker-mentality/

http://controversy.typepad.com/controversy/2011/05/why-is-sony-hiding-sales-figures-of-the-ps3.html

From a business standpoint, Sony was RIGHT to shield their shareholders from any fallout from consumers...........just as MS is doing now.

This isnt a one side or another issue.

Its Business/PR 101

Xbox 360's software run-time ecosystem still exist with XBO's BC, hence XBO is expanding X360's install base.

#103 Posted by DARTHSIDDIOUS (1 posts) -

I couldn't find anywhere to post this, this is in response to Jordanramee's totally clueless comments that ALL heroes in Battlefront 2 have to have SPECIFIC adversaries...They don't, and never have...Who is Leia's SPECIFIC adversary???...Or Chewbacca's???...Who, Vader???, You could easily point out that each had issues with any number of villians, and EVERYONE has an issue with Vader...So even if they do put out the 2 heroines in the game ( and I'm not waiting up nights), that certainly does NOT guarantee any new villians per say...Only some have specific adversaries, who's Bossk's, Solo???...Then what about Boba??? Isn't he Solo's adversary???...Just like all heroes do not have ships...Your comment was ignorant and clueless about the game...If YOUR theory made any sense, then they wouldn't be releasing Obi Wan god knows how long after Grevious, they would have been together...Try to post things you know about, not worthless hype over nothing...Simply to make you look as if you have insider information, or to make you seem important...Believe me, you're not...And spouting your ignorance online is a waste of everyone's time...

#104 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@kingtito said:
@davillain- said:

@kingtito: Yeah and I gave you my answer already crybaby.

Butthurt confirmed...thanks cow

Don't be annoyed dav just because someone is calling you what you are. Just accept your cowness and come fully out of the cow closet lol.

#105 Posted by tdkmillsy (2935 posts) -

Xbox One had a terrible start

PS4 sells more and will not be caught this gen

Companies abandon the Xbox due to its lack of sales and there are no games to play on the mighty Xbox One X. All Xbox Ones blow up and disappear, anyone owning one cant get out of their beds due to crying so much.

@tormentos wakes up from his reoccurring dream.

:)

#106 Posted by SaltSlasher (533 posts) -

IDK that chart says Xbox will sell less this year than last, and just seems hard to believe, wouldn't Xbox One be hitting 40 million at end of the year?

PS4 hitting 100 million at end of the year sounds slightly too high, especially considering Sony just said they sold 86 million units, but if he was guessing end of the year total, 14 million in 1 holiday seems kind of high.

#107 Edited by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Not my fault you're friend got all wild up over a simple none-facts Xbox One sale thread. Maybe he should learned to not take this shit personal.

#108 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:

@kingtito: Just look at the amount of third party games that release per month on PS4 and not on Xbox and viceversa. Like I said, anyone with 1/4th of a brain knows that more sales = more support. But by all means keep on being a moron. The Xbox is shit because it has an idiotic fanbase which makes it easier to laugh at you guys.

Name some of the big 3rd party games that didn't come out on the X1?

That's not what you said cow. You said more sales would mean MS would invest more money into it when the 360 proved they really won't.

What was that cockroach? You don't love your console, you just hate others. Cows have long been the joke of SWs and beyond. Those are facts cow

#109 Posted by sts106mat (24727 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:

@kingtito: Just look at the amount of third party games that release per month on PS4 and not on Xbox and viceversa. Like I said, anyone with 1/4th of a brain knows that more sales = more support. But by all means keep on being a moron. The Xbox is shit because it has an idiotic fanbase which makes it easier to laugh at you guys.

That's not what you said cow. You said more sales would mean MS would invest more money into it when the 360 proved they really won't.

What was that cockroach? You don't love your console, you just hate others. Cows have long been the joke of SWs and beyond. Those are facts cow

Kuraimen doesn't even have a console

#110 Edited by AJStyles (247 posts) -

December 2017: EA Claims 29 Million Xbones.

October 2018: Inside Information confirms a maximum of 36 Million possible by end of 2018 because of GPU sales.

Why are lemmings even disputing this? This sounds exactly right. It makes logical sense with all the information we have.

It is well known PS4 outsells Xbone 2:1 at the very least depending where you are in the world. And the total LTD sales will be 3:1 soon enough. Everything we have points to this.

Lems are just sad.

#111 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@ajstyles said:

October 2018: Inside Information confirms a maximum of 36 Million possible by end of 2018 because of GPU sales.

Why are lemmings even disputing this? This sounds exactly right. It makes logical sense with all the information we have.

It is well known PS4 outsells Xbone 2:1 at the very least depending where you are in the world. And the total LTD sales will be 3:1 soon enough. Everything we have points to this.

Lems are just sad.

Should we take all speculation as fact now? Speculation had Sony filing for bankruptcy, speculation had MS getting out of the console business. Unless it's confirmed by MS then you take this information with a grain of salt.

Cows are just sad

#112 Posted by Zappat (1265 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:

Games like Nioh, Persona, Yakuza series not coming to the Xbox is a sign that some devs are comfortable skipping the console. Compare the quality of the first party releases of MS last gen with the quality of the ones this gen and you'll see how the investment has gone down, not to mention the cancellations.

In Metacritic there are 313 games for the PS4 at or above 80 while there are only 211 for the X1. So not only the Xbox is losing support but it is losing support and quality. But again since you're a lemming the least you care is games so I understand why you're trying to play dumb (I mean, I hope you're playing dumb and you're not actually this stupid to think that sales don't matter but who knows, lemmings keep surprising me).

If sales wouldn't matter for support the Vita would still be a thing and it would be filled with games but it isn't because a gaming machine that doesn't sell is not attractive for investment. Business 101.

#113 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:

Games like Nioh, Persona, Yakuza series not coming to the Xbox is a sign that some devs are comfortable skipping the console. Compare the quality of the first party releases of MS last gen with the quality of the ones this gen and you'll see how the investment has gone down, not to mention the cancellations.

In Metacritic there are 313 games for the PS4 at or above 80 while there are only 211 for the X1. So not only the Xbox is losing support but it is losing support and quality. But again since you're a lemming the least you care is games so I understand why you're trying to play dumb (I mean, I hope you're playing dumb and you're not actually this stupid to think that sales don't matter but who knows, lemmings keep surprising me).

If sales wouldn't matter for support the Vita would still be a thing and it would be filled with games but it isn't because a gaming machine that doesn't sell is not attractive for investment. Business 101.

Did any of those games come out on the 360? Aren't those primarily Japanese games? The answer is yes. That has nothing to do with lower than expected X1 sales but nice reach. You might as well mentioned SFV as another piss poor example.

Again name some big 3rd party games that would normally come out on MSs console that DIDN'T come out this gen? You can't can you? Keep reaching cow

That's why I have a gaming PC, Xbox, PS4 and Switch...because I care least about games hahahaah cows truly are the clowns of SWs

We're not talking sales for any other company other than MS. MS proved that sales do not == MS coming out with more games. 360 proved it but of course you're trying to move the goalpost as most cows do. Nice try kid

#114 Edited by Zappat (1265 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:

Did any of those games come out on the 360? Aren't those primarily Japanese games? The answer is yes. That has nothing to do with lower than expected X1 sales but nice reach. You might as well mentioned SFV as another piss poor example.

Again name some big 3rd party games that would normally come out on MSs console that DIDN'T come out this gen? You can't can you? Keep reaching cow

That's why I have a gaming PC, Xbox, PS4 and Switch...because I care least about games hahahaah cows truly are the clowns of SWs

We're not talking sales for any other company other than MS. MS proved that sales do not == MS coming out with more games. 360 proved it but of course you're trying to move the goalpost as most cows do. Nice try kid

The 360 had much more japanese support last gen, even exclusive games. It also had much more sales. Right now it has basically nothing in comparison and the only japanese game that was going to release exclusively: Scalebound, got cancelled. Besides of those 100+ games of 80 and above in Metacritic there are many non-japanese ones and the list keeps increasing each month. I know that as a lemming who is used to mediocrity, you don't care about quality, but games that score 80+ on Metacritic are generally considered good quality by real gamers.

Yeah someone with the X1 should have at least some other system if they want to have access to some of the best quality this gen otherwise they're missing several of the best games this gen. I'm not surprised that lemmings like you find yourselves in need of buying a PS4 even though you hate Sony, it's actually kind of funny that you have to support something you despise just because your console of choice is such a failure. Skipping the X1 this gen is completely doable and you wouldn't be missing anything of importance. That's why it sells like crap.

Keep living in your delusional world. You idiots are digging your own grave by defending MS mediocrity and low sales. Fine by me though, I'm not the one who can't face reality, son.

#115 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:

The 360 had much more japanese support last gen, even exclusive games. It also had much more sales. Right now it has basically nothing in comparison and the only japanese game that was going to release exclusively: Scalebound, got cancelled. Besides of those 100+ games of 80 and above in Metacritic there are many non-japanese ones and the list keeps increasing each month. I know that as a lemming who is used to mediocrity, you don't care about quality, but games that score 80+ on Metacritic are generally considered good quality by real gamers.

Yeah someone with the X1 should have at least some other system if they want to have access to some of the best quality this gen otherwise they're missing several of the best games this gen. I'm not surprised that lemmings like you find yourselves in need of buying a PS4 even though you hate Sony, it's actually kind of funny that you have to support something you despise just because your console of choice is such a failure. Skipping the X1 this gen is completely doable and you wouldn't be missing anything of importance. That's why it sells like crap.

Keep living in your delusional world. You idiots are digging your own grave by defending MS mediocrity and low sales. Fine by me though, I'm not the one who can't face reality, son.

The 360 had minimal Japanese support cow. Keep reaching cow

Scalebound was canceled for reason OTHER than sales cows. Once again you're reaching

Nah son, lems don't hate Sony. Hate belongs to cows since your motto isn't "we don't love our console, we just hate yours" for nothing. I buy all the systems because unlike you cow, I find each system has positives and reasons to own. I don't see a reason for putting limits on a hobby unlike you sad pathetic cows.

Keep reaching son and talking about a supposedly irrelevant console you hate......living in your mind rent free as always

#116 Edited by Zappat (1265 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:

Scalebound was canceled for reason OTHER than sales cows. Once again you're reaching

Nah son, lems don't hate Sony. Hate belongs to cows since your motto isn't "we don't love our console, we just hate yours" for nothing. I buy all the systems because unlike you cow, I find each system has positives and reasons to own. I don't see a reason for putting limits on a hobby unlike you sad pathetic cows.

Keep reaching son and talking about a supposedly irrelevant console you hate......living in your mind rent free as always

Keep denying reality if you can't handle it, but in the real world the 360 had much better japanese support. It had exclusives like Ace Combat, Blue Dragon, Earth Defense Force and a bunch of schmups, Lost Odyssey, etc. More sales = more support, FACT, lemming.

I wouldn't be surprised that part of the decision to cancel Scalebound was due to low Xbox sales. Afterall the investment on a game of that magnitude probably requires a good audience and the Xbox has not only the lowest sales but also the lamest audience since lemmings are the most 1 track-minded "gamers" out there. They don't buy anything that is not racers or shooters.

Keep crying each time you have to turn on your PS4, kid. I am not missing anything with the X1 so it would be just a waste of money and space. The X1 is just a shit console with dumb fans to make fun off. At least it has some type of purpose lol.

#117 Posted by Martin_G_N (1905 posts) -

And the "mighty" one x can't help them either since that's not selling good either, and add to the fact that it's sold at a loss it's pretty much a pointless console for MS. It's just there to show how wrong they were with the Xbox one in the first place.

#118 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:

Keep denying reality if you can't handle it, but in the real world the 360 had much better japanese support. It had exclusives like Ace Combat, Blue Dragon, Earth Defense Force and a bunch of schmups, Lost Odyssey, etc. More sales = more support, FACT, lemming.

Keep crying each time you have to turn on your PS4, kid. I am not missing anything with the X1 so it would be just a waste of money and space. The X1 is just a shit console with dumb fans to make fun off. At least it has some type of purpose lol.

And how did those sell on the 360? Your claim is more X1 sales == MS spending more on games. You've yet to prove that cow and instead ignored the fact the 360 has fantastic sales yet MS stopped spending on games towards the end of the gen. Keep reaching and moving the goalpost son.

You're not a gamer kid so of course you're not missing anything. You're a sad cow and cows aren't gamers.

Says the shit hating fanboy. Your life must really be pathetic...so sad

#119 Posted by Zappat (1265 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:

And how did those sell on the 360? Your claim is more X1 sales == MS spending more on games. You've yet to prove that cow and instead ignored the fact the 360 has fantastic sales yet MS stopped spending on games towards the end of the gen. Keep reaching and moving the goalpost son.

You're not a gamer kid so of course you're not missing anything. You're a sad cow and cows aren't gamers.

Towards the end of the gen MS started investing heavily in Kinect, that's why they stopped regular game investment. Still they were selling less than the PS3 for most of the gen. The problem with the 360 was that MS was clueless and lemmings suck so they actually encouraged MS to scam them with Kinect but the facts stays that the first half of the gen third party devs were much more friendly with MS than with Sony due to sales. I remember MS even controlled the conditions of release of some titles thanks to their dominance. Something they don't have now.

So again, wake up and smell the coffee, son. The real world doesn't go away just because it makes your furry butt hurt.

Lol yeah sure cows are so not gamers that 99% of lemmings feel the need to buy the PS4 to actually get some quality games because sticking with the X1 alone is dooming you to the bottom of the barrel in gaming terms. And anyone who is a fan of the X1 is the laughing stock of the gaming world, no one takes you seriously, not even your precious MS who keeps giving you mediocre crap and actually making more exclusives for PC (lmao!!) and you keep getting on your knees to lick their feet in gratitude for getting the rotting leftovers. You and your brethren are sorry excuses for gamers accept it, son.

#120 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@davillain- said:

I'm sorry but seeing Xbox One 36 millions sold in it's 5 year run is not good at all, in fact, it should have been at least in it's 50 million by now. MS needs to do better then this moving into next-gen cause this is pathetic seeing Xbox One in it's 36 million and nowhere near 40 million at least.

I know my words were harsh but I really do hope MS learn something from this gen and try to do better into next-gen Xbox Scarlet but the fact is, Xbox One will go down as the most disappointing console.

Actually dav it is you who is taking what tormy (of all people) word as gospel and went on that massive rant, so it is you who is taking it too seriously.

You just don't like it when people see through your charade and see you as the cow that you are.

#121 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

I'm sorry but seeing Xbox One 36 millions sold in it's 5 year run is not good at all, in fact, it should have been at least in it's 50 million by now. MS needs to do better then this moving into next-gen cause this is pathetic seeing Xbox One in it's 36 million and nowhere near 40 million at least.

I know my words were harsh but I really do hope MS learn something from this gen and try to do better into next-gen Xbox Scarlet but the fact is, Xbox One will go down as the most disappointing console.

Actually dav it is you who is taking what tormy (of all people) word as gospel and went on that massive rant, so it is you who is taking it too seriously.

You just don't like it when people see through your charade and see you as the cow that you are.

Do you ever give up trying to pick a fight with me?

#122 Posted by The-A-Baum (1020 posts) -

There was a recent announcement from Microsoft about the gaming division taking in more than $10 Billion, we all know that is not from exclusives, lol. They are selling plenty of hardware. I would estimate they are at very respectable 45 million sold.

I just upgraded to the X with the gamestop Red Dead deal and I was not alone as most stores were sparse on bundle selections. Dude I am freaking loving this thing, and I will probably get 250-300 for it when the new console comes out, or I can wait because this thing is a beast. I have not even heard the fan yet.

#123 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:

Towards the end of the gen MS started investing heavily in Kinect, that's why they stopped regular game investment. Still they were selling less than the PS3 for most of the gen. The problem with the 360 was that MS was clueless and lemmings suck so they actually encouraged MS to scam them with Kinect but the facts stays that the first half of the gen third party devs were much more friendly with MS than with Sony due to sales. I remember MS even controlled the conditions of release of some titles thanks to their dominance. Something they don't have now.

So again, wake up and smell the coffee, son. The real world doesn't go away just because it makes your furry butt hurt.

Lol yeah sure cows are so not gamers that 99% of lemmings feel the need to buy the PS4 to actually get some quality games because sticking with the X1 alone is dooming you to the bottom of the barrel in gaming terms. And anyone who is a fan of the X1 is the laughing stock of the gaming world, no one takes you seriously, not even your precious MS who keeps giving you mediocre crap and actually making more exclusives for PC (lmao!!) and you keep getting on your knees to lick their feet in gratitude for getting the rotting leftovers. You and your brethren are sorry excuses for gamers accept it, son.

MS had more than enough money to invest in games given the sales and they didn't. That's the bottom line.

Wrong, 3rd party was more friendly cause of MS policies towards indie devs and the fact the PS3 was hard to program for and a lot more work to get close to the same performance. Sales had nothing to do with it since, as you cows continue to talk about, the PS3 outsold the 360 on a yearly basis WW. Reaching again and again

Pot would like to say hi....cows are completely oblivious to their own hypocrisy.

Glad you can admit that. Cows limit gaming and more importantly just hate on others simply because it's not Sony. Keep pretending kid, we all know the truth

Nad kid, that would be cows. MS has the most powerful console on the market and has the current console graphics king in RDR2 with the best controller. The rest of the world laughs at cows such as yourself...cockroaches kid.....that's cows to the rest of the world

#124 Posted by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -

@the-a-baum: You just pulled that 45 million sold from your ass. This article is more credible than your ass at this point so...

#125 Posted by Zappat (1265 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:

MS had more than enough money to invest in games given the sales and they didn't. That's the bottom line.

Wrong, 3rd party was more friendly cause of MS policies towards indie devs and the fact the PS3 was hard to program for and a lot more work to get close to the same performance. Sales had nothing to do with it since, as you cows continue to talk about, the PS3 outsold the 360 on a yearly basis WW. Reaching again and again

Pot would like to say hi....cows are completely oblivious to their own hypocrisy.

Glad you can admit that. Cows limit gaming and more importantly just hate on others simply because it's not Sony. Keep pretending kid, we all know the truth

Nad kid, that would be cows. MS has the most powerful console on the market and has the current console graphics king in RDR2 with the best controller. The rest of the world laughs at cows such as yourself...cockroaches kid.....that's cows to the rest of the world

MS main business is not gaming. You seem to believe a company as big as MS doesn't have priorities. Their priorities are of course the divisions that generate more money for them. If the console is not giving them earnings then they won't bother with it so much. The 360 actually had much more relative game support than the X1, both first and third party. This is a fact, honey, stop living in denial.

No, third party was more friendly because MS had actually more units in the market. They were constantly making timed exclusive deals and telling companies that if a game was going to release first on the PS3 they wouldn't release it on the 360 so companies adapted and so they controlled aspects of the market thanks to their higher market share. It's amazing that you're so dumb to not understand such a simple concept of business, it is like talking to a illiterate 10 year old who grew up in the middle of a jungle. You really need to get out more and understand how the world works, kid.

If all you lemmings have is counting pixels while Sony has the games, then I'm correct in my observation that you are not real gamers. You're just posers and MS shills who just bend over to anything MS tells you too without ever complaining. You're just sad little non-gamers.

#126 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@i_p_daily said:
@davillain- said:

Do you ever give up trying to pick a fight with me?

I'm not trying to pick a fight with you, in reality i'm trying to help you embrace your inner cow and let it roam free, but for some reason you want to try and hide it in the closet. The cows need a leader, and you could be that person.

#127 Posted by The-A-Baum (1020 posts) -

@kenshiro3948: trust me I don't get into sales wars. MS aint telling so its all a guess. Mine is 45 mil. And for the most part dont care. But how the hell are the pulling in 10 billion with a B, without selling hardware?

All I know is there is a huge multiplayer crowd on just about every game that offers it.

Also the X is just really that good, and a must have for the hardcore console gamer.

I really don't see why fanboys want another console to fail. I really only see from the Sony side wanting the other to go out of business. I love the competition as it benefits me the consumer. Xbox has been the most consumer friendly by miles this gen.

#128 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:

MS main business is not gaming. You seem to believe a company as big as MS doesn't have priorities. Their priorities are of course the divisions that generate more money for them. If the console is not giving them earnings then they won't bother with it so much. The 360 actually had much more relative game support than the X1, both first and third party. This is a fact, honey, stop living in denial.

No, third party was more friendly because MS had actually more units in the market. They were constantly making timed exclusive deals and telling companies that if a game was going to release first on the PS3 they wouldn't release it on the 360 so companies adapted and so they controlled aspects of the market thanks to their higher market share. It's amazing that you're so dumb to not understand such a simple concept of business, it is like talking to a illiterate 10 year old who grew up in the middle of a jungle. You really need to get out more and understand how the world works, kid.

If all you lemmings have is counting pixels while Sony has the games, then I'm correct in my observation that you are not real gamers. You're just posers and MS shills who just bend over to anything MS tells you too without ever complaining. You're just sad little non-gamers.

It's still a big part of business so investing I'm sure wouldn't be a problem IF that's what they wanted to do. You keep pretending you're better at business than MS.

Again show me the big 3rd party games that haven't come on the X1?

You keep pretending you know cow. Your head is so far up Sony's ass it's clouding your judgement.

No, that was that Sony had...now they don't so cows are feeling that sting. Just look at you....butthurt and MS living rent free in your head 24/7

#129 Edited by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -
@the-a-baum said:

@kenshiro3948: trust me I don't get into sales wars. MS aint telling so its all a guess. Mine is 45 mil. And for the most part dont care. But how the hell are the pulling in 10 billion with a B, without selling hardware?

All I know is there is a huge multiplayer crowd on just about every game that offers it.

Also the X is just really that good, and a must have for the hardcore console gamer.

I really don't see why fanboys want another console to fail. I really only see from the Sony side wanting the other to go out of business. I love the competition as it benefits me the consumer. Xbox has been the most consumer friendly by miles this gen.

A lot of their revenue comes from Minecraft and their Windows Store and Tablets which they also group under their gaming division for some reason. I doubt most of it comes from Xbox sales seeing how poorly the console performs compared to the competition on NPD even with the continuous fire sales they have. No one wants Xbox to fail but pulling random numbers from your ass isn't helpful either. We need to stay optimistic but grounded when it comes to box sales. People pulling random numbers from their ass are no better than the people hoping for the brand to fail IMO.

#130 Posted by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -
@ajstyles said:

Lems are just sad.

Exactly what I'm thinking. We have two independent sources reporting numbers and these sources both happen to be MS partners or people close to MS yet we are supposed to believe the numbers are wrong and that random people throwing random numbers on the internet are right. I've not seen one Xbox fanboy in this thread pull out a more credible source than EA or this analyst with access to AMD's shipment numbers. All I've seen is people crying that numbers are fake because "reasons". Until someone brings a more credible source than these two and not a worthless quote of MS saying the numbers are "inaccurate" without any further info I'd say these numbers are the best estimates we have at this point.

#131 Posted by Zappat (1265 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:

It's still a big part of business so investing I'm sure wouldn't be a problem IF that's what they wanted to do. You keep pretending you're better at business than MS.

You keep pretending you know cow. Your head is so far up Sony's ass it's clouding your judgement.

No, that was that Sony had...now they don't so cows are feeling that sting. Just look at you....butthurt and MS living rent free in your head 24/7

I'm not pretending I'm better at business than MS, I'm saying that you know nothing about business if you don't realize that more sales bring more support and investment. You keep pretending that such a stupid position as yours is reality when everyone with half a brain knows it isn't.

Atlus is big, Team Ninja is big, Insomniac is big and thanks to Sunset Overdrive selling like crap on X1 they now moved to a exclusive deal with Sony. There are many examples from both, big and small devs. Fact is that much more devs skip the X1 than the PS4 and the PS4 has 100+ more games scoring 80+ in Metacritic thanks to it being a better seller.

I can tell your brain is getting tired of so much dumbassity you're spilling. Even a lemming brain has a limit of brain farts per day so do yourself a favor a go to sleep, son.

#132 Posted by BigBadBully (2019 posts) -

@kenshiro3948: It's not PR i follow a lot of gaming sites, media outlets, xbox/ms people so I have an idea of what MS is doing. Im not blindly looking at hardware sales and puffing my chest out when there is more to look at(second level thinking).

Satya Nadella when taking over the reigns of MS, his vision for gaming is making it accessible to everybody. Thats why we're seeing a resurgence in MS/Xbox gaming. MS worked on the adaptive controller, gamepass is coming to pc, MS first party with play anywhere and then xcloud.

Xbox to MS is just a gateway device along with everything else to tap into the services. Hardware doesnt mean jack since MS is coming out with other ways to reach a greater audience. MS is gobbling up studios because its services are generating the money and less reliant on hardware being the main cash cow.

We're seeing this change in other entertainment mediums. Like the music industry, you no longer have to buy album/song physically. You can get a song/album from a myriad of streaming services. Its all going back to artist/pub. Less depenedent on hardware.

#133 Edited by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@i_p_daily: Whatever drugs you are taking, please stop using them lol. But back to the matter at hand, I lack the quality of a Cow acts in SW :P

#134 Edited by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:

I'm not pretending I'm better at business than MS, I'm saying that you know nothing about business if you don't realize that more sales bring more support and investment. You keep pretending that such a stupid position as yours is reality when everyone with half a brain knows it isn't.

Atlus is big, Team Ninja is big, Insomniac is big and thanks to Sunset Overdrive selling like crap on X1 they now moved to a exclusive deal with Sony. There are many examples from both, big and small devs. Fact is that much more devs skip the X1 than the PS4 and the PS4 has 100+ more games scoring 80+ in Metacritic thanks to it being a better seller.

I can tell your brain is getting tired of so much dumbassity you're spilling. Even a lemming brain has a limit of brain farts per day so do yourself a favor a go to sleep, son.

You said if the X1 sold more MS would create more games, I'm saying you're wrong. You're the one generalizing it to the entire industry when that's not the argument. Like the little engine that could, you keep trying your little heart out cow

Again name some big 3rd party games that DIDN'T come out on the X1 because of sales. You can't, I know

Keep chugging along cow

#135 Edited by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -

@BigBadBully: I’m sorry man, it’s still sounding like a PR piece lol. Starting out a paragraph stating what Satya Nadella’s future vision of MS gaming studios sounds like a PR piece to me nothing against you my man. Perhaps, you’ve been reading too many PR blogs. This thread isn’t based on random numbers like you’re claiming. The guy who posted the numbers is an analyst with insider source of AMD shipments and he claims to have hard data on the number of GPUs sold to both Sony and MS. If he wasn’t who he claimed he was the Neogaf thread would have been locked and we wouldn’t have a thread right now.

I don’t think the fact that his numbers line up nicely with the numbers that EA gave at the end of last year is just a random coincidence. I’m sure Satya has his plans for Microsoft’s gaming division but bad sales are bad sales and we can’t pretend to ignore disappointing numbers because PR people are telling us that console sales no longer matter. Sony makes tons of money from PSN and also from hardware and software sales same thing with Nintendo. I don’t see how MS’ gaming division can continue to remain healthy if they aren’t selling consoles since the bulk of their customers this gen come from those consoles sold (you won’t get Windows 10 users to pay for XBL Gold and Windows Store is generally not liked by PC gaming community). Streaming in the future could be another major source of income for them going forward but until that happens we can’t know for sure. The XCloud could end up being a bust for all we know. Console sales are still currently very important for Microsoft’s gaming division despite what the PR guys tell us.

#136 Posted by Zappat (1265 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:

You said if the X1 sold more MS would create more games, I'm saying you're wrong. You're the one generalizing it to the entire industry when that's not the argument. Like the little engine that could, you keep trying your little heart out cow

Again name some big 3rd party games that DIDN'T come out on the X1 because of sales. You can't, I know

Keep chugging along cow

It doesn't matter what you say, I already explained to you that anyone with a brain knows that you're wrong. You're too stupid to use common sense apparently and the echo-chamber you create with your head up MS ass is preventing you from thinking like a normal adult who uses logic.

I already named third party devs, the fact that you are ignoring them reveals how butthurt you get from reality that you have to cover your eyes to cope, otherwise your feeble mind would not be able to take it.

I can tell not even you believe your BS anymore and you're just letting your butthurt do the talking. Either that or your few brain cells are dying and you are getting slower.

#137 Edited by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:

Keep chugging along cow

It doesn't matter what you say, I already explained to you that anyone with a brain knows that you're wrong. You're too stupid to use common sense apparently and the echo-chamber you create with your head up MS ass is preventing you from thinking like a normal adult who uses logic.

I already named third party devs, the fact that you are ignoring them reveals how butthurt you get from reality that you have to cover your eyes to cope, otherwise your feeble mind would not be able to take it.

I can tell not even you believe your BS anymore and you're just letting your butthurt do the talking. Either that or your few brain cells are dying and you are getting slower.

Well gen 7 says hi. Sorry cow but MSs history proves I'm right.

Hahah the cow that hates on a piece of plastic in a hobby you supposedly enjoy hahahaha "I don't live my console, I just hate yours" is about right when describing cows

Games son, games not devs. You can't name a single 3rd party game that didn't come out on the X1 because of it's sales. Dense and a little bit of el tormented comprehension skills...yep definitely a cow

#138 Posted by robert_sparkes (1757 posts) -

Why do people take this console war so seriously. Just enjoy whatever platform you prefer to play on. Very strange to treat it like a football team rivalry.

#139 Posted by BigBadBully (2019 posts) -

@kenshiro3948: Just stating that the hardware numbers mean jack all. Xbox hardware is just a piece of the pie. Im throwing what we all know, as Microsoft has been shifting to gaming services and software and accessories that aid in gaming.

MS gaming is healthy in my eyes as they wouldnt be doing everything they currently have on their plate. 36 mill or whatever xbox is sold is just gravy as its a mean to tap into the ms gaming eco system. MS will keep pumping out hardware regardless how much its competitors sell.

You cant just simply focus on hardware as all these companies are shifting into other avenues besides hardware.

Need to look outside the box, whole point is looking at hardware alone is pointless.

MS Gaming is healthy as its not just xbox. Its pc, services like gamepass and soon a good majority devices tapping into xcloud. MS can now focus more on software as we've been seeing with all the studio acquisitions and services starting up. Its not the future, its happening now and we're seeing it.

I know its easy to hate on MS, but once Nintendo and Sony follow suit it will be clearer.

#140 Posted by ronvalencia (26541 posts) -

@BigBadBully said:

@kenshiro3948: Just stating that the hardware numbers mean jack all. Xbox hardware is just a piece of the pie. Im throwing what we all know, as Microsoft has been shifting to gaming services and software and accessories that aid in gaming.

MS gaming is healthy in my eyes as they wouldnt be doing everything they currently have on their plate. 36 mill or whatever xbox is sold is just gravy as its a mean to tap into the ms gaming eco system. MS will keep pumping out hardware regardless how much its competitors sell.

You cant just simply focus on hardware as all these companies are shifting into other avenues besides hardware.

Need to look outside the box, whole point is looking at hardware alone is pointless.

MS Gaming is healthy as its not just xbox. Its pc, services like gamepass and soon a good majority devices tapping into xcloud. MS can now focus more on software as we've been seeing with all the studio acquisitions and services starting up. Its not the future, its happening now and we're seeing it.

I know its easy to hate on MS, but once Nintendo and Sony follow suit it will be clearer.

XBO hardware is POS while X1X hardware is good.

#141 Posted by sakaiXx (4201 posts) -

@robert_sparkes said:

Why do people take this console war so seriously. Just enjoy whatever platform you prefer to play on. Very strange to treat it like a football team rivalry.

xbox is ded

#142 Posted by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -
@ronvalencia said:
@BigBadBully said:

XBO hardware is POS while X1X hardware is good.

I totally agree, it's a fine piece of hardware for the price. Kudos to MS for making it.

#143 Edited by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -
@BigBadBully said:

I think MS as a company is doing so well that they are able to prop up the gaming division. I don't think their gaming division is healthy to be honest as they usually only talk about revenue and rarely talk about profit. I expect revenue to be high since they have so many services going on and also have the most expensive console but they also take hits in other ways. All these deals they keep putting out there to help the XB1 sell like giving people $100 for buying XB1 with RDR2 can't be cheap. The XB1 has been a $100 cheaper than the PS4 for ages in addition to giving out free games, and Sony has barely done any price drops outside of holiday periods. The reason I focus on hardware is because I still believe it's the primary way for MS to get people into their ecosystem.

As for Sony following MS, I'm not so sure about that, if you look at the money Sony is making from PS4 and PSN it dwarfs whatever MS is making from their gaming division, and on top of that they are reporting record profits. If anything it's MS that should be following Sony's lead in the market since Sony is the market leader. Nintendo would also be smart to copy Sony in their console business but I suspect they can't because of the unique position Nintendo is in. They will probably want to keep doing what they are doing since they aren't doing too bad themselves, the Switch is a big hit for them and is also generating huge profits.

Again, I don't see MS' gaming division as healthy currently but I think they will continue to keep it going because of the opportunities they see behind it. It pays to have a face for MS outside of OS's and business software/clouds. Who knows maybe in the future this whole xCloud thing might even work out well for them better than PS Now has worked for Sony.

#144 Posted by Zappat (1265 posts) -

@BigBadBully: "MS Gaming is healthy as its not just xbox."

Lol if it's so healthy why don't they release profits and not just revenue? What are they afraid off? And why would Sony follow MS since Sony's revenue is almost double that of MS according to last fiscal year. Maybe MS should follow Sony.

#145 Posted by Zappat (1265 posts) -

@kingtito: I already named games that missed the Xbox plus the 100+ games on Metacritic with 80+ rating which are not on Xbox. I see your brain is no longer working on its minimum capacity since you apparently cant even decodify english words. Like I said, go to sleep, kid, your cognitive capacities are clearly significantly diminished, you're not making sense at all anymore, it's like talking to a lobotomized parrot.

#146 Edited by mowgly1 (1131 posts) -

@the-a-baum:

45 mil.?

That means that ratio dropped under 2:1. Xbone is selling faster than PS4 this year globally? That's highly unlikely. That NEVER was the case and never will be. PS4 in last two years is outselling Xbone more than 2:1 globally.

#147 Posted by BigBadBully (2019 posts) -

@zappat: MS is following Sony. They've been acquiring studios and putting effort towards game development. MS is also doing more to expand beyond console. The services alone will help create and support developers as they have a wide array of platforms to hit.

Why wouldnt Sony want to do the same? They have the studios already and would make a bigger killing expanding its software and services beyond playstation console. Sony will make a crap load more following the same strategy as MS. Sony 1st Party would get a bigger piece of the pie, Sony will most likely generate more money to fund/create studios/ip and build up PSN/PSnow, strike more 3rd party deals etc...

Console hardware will still be around, but

I forsee it meaning less as people will have options to game how they want and developers will benefit as they wont be restricted to one platform.

#148 Posted by sakaiXx (4201 posts) -

Is the Switch and Wii U not based on x86 architecture?

#149 Posted by I_P_Daily (9468 posts) -

@davillain- said:

@i_p_daily: Whatever drugs you are taking, please stop using them lol. But back to the matter at hand, I lack the quality of a Cow acts in SW :P

C'mon dav you can be the cow leader you always wanted to be, stop trying to deflect as you have all the qualities to run the herd.

#150 Edited by tormentos (28003 posts) -

@tdkmillsy said:

Xbox One had a terrible start

PS4 sells more and will not be caught this gen

Companies abandon the Xbox due to its lack of sales and there are no games to play on the mighty Xbox One X. All Xbox Ones blow up and disappear, anyone owning one cant get out of their beds due to crying so much.

@tormentos wakes up from his reoccurring dream.

:)

That is even sadder as the xbox one X is selling like complete shit and proved that power wasn't the real reason why the PS4 was beating the xbox one sales wise.

@kingtito said:

Should we take all speculation as fact now? Speculation had Sony filing for bankruptcy, speculation had MS getting out of the console business. Unless it's confirmed by MS then you take this information with a grain of salt.

Cows are just sad

29 million number came from EA FACT.

The xbox one is not selling 1 million units a month FACT.

In fact with luck it break 250k monthly on its best territory.

You can downplay my link as speculation fact is that EA let loose those numbers and that the xbox one is the least selling console monthly of the 3,is not out of this world that since december last year they only move 4 or 5 more million units,because that is what sales basically show.

You can deny it all you want but you are showing no proof what so ever to counter the arguments at hand just your usual damage control that cows are wrong and lemmings are not.

@i_p_daily said:

That funny people talk shit of me but i almost always back up my claims,and quite easy make you people look like 2 face hypocrites so i would not blame him for taking my word over any of you people.

Which biggest excuse here is ""We don't know Because MS doesn't say"" as if that would prove my argument or my links wrong in any way.

@the-a-baum said:

My do you do know the 10 billion is not for the damn xbox one?

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/Investor/earnings/FY-2018-Q4/press-release-webcast?ranMID=24542&ranEAID=je6NUbpObpQ&ranSiteID=je6NUbpObpQ-6h5pYp5kWkLFD03V_1ahyw&epi=je6NUbpObpQ-6h5pYp5kWkLFD03V_1ahyw&irgwc=1&OCID=AID681541_aff_7593_1243925&tduid=(ir__lzliza0kk3pcdavt319ap6utye2xkezfltolt9i900)(7593)(1243925)(je6NUbpObpQ-6h5pYp5kWkLFD03V_1ahyw)()&irclickid=_lzliza0kk3pcdavt319ap6utye2xkezfltolt9i900

That is MS gaming division which include.

But then there's the "More Personal Computing" segment, the silliest name of all. This lumps together just about everything else, from Windows 10 itself to Bing search to Surface tablets, Windows Phones, and — wait for it — the Xbox video-game console.

http://www.businessinsider.com/microsoft-more-personal-computing-segment-overview-2015-9

Those 10 billions include windows 10,bing,surface tablets,windows phones and the xbox so yeah those 10 billions mean shit most of that money is not related to the xbox or made by the xbox.

At least i have a link where in hell do you pull that 45 million from is what i ask myself.