Are xbox one sales at 36 millions?

• 188 results
#51 Posted by Zappat (1267 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Microsoft needs to come out and clear this up there looking awful

Why? Because cows believe they should? How does this affect any of us? You own stock?

More units sold = more money to make games and more support from third parties

But since you lemmings don't really care about games I see how this is irrelevant for you.

#52 Edited by Xabiss (2094 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

The simple fact is no one knows what the sale numbers are and it is that simple. People can only make assumptions or educated guesses and that is about it. People can state/guess shit all they want, but no one knows what the truth is except for Microsoft.

Unfortunately Microsoft is to embarrassed to share those numbers, but in the grand scheme of things no one really gives a shit except fanboy wars.

1-Well that doesn't change the fact that if the shipment of chips is 36.43 million that would mean the xbox one is close to 33 to 34 million sold even less who knows.

2-If no one gave a shit about it MS would not be hiding the numbers don't you think?

@Xabiss said:

The fact of the matter is the general public can give two shits what the numbers are. The numbers of consoles sold only helps one demographic and that is fanboy wars. Hell even investors don't give two shits or they would be forcing the matter. They just care that Microsoft as a whole is profitable and they are "hella" profitable.

If that was true we would know the numbers for sure.

Yeah no thanks to the xbox division,which MS grouped with other divisions to capitalise on other division earnings,which is why the xbox one doesn't have exclusives anymore it was pressure from the inside what changed that xbox one games were not selling like the 360 was selling them,and it was obvious to investors.

The facts of the matter is Microsoft gains nothing sharing the numbers. How would it help Microsoft/Xbox in anyway with them releasing the numbers other then to stop fanboy wars? Microsoft can give two shits about fanboy wars. Their business decisions are based on what helps Microsoft and their shareholders. It really is as simple as that. They don't share sales numbers about a lot of their products. Just like they don't share profit numbers over some of their divisions also. In the end Microsoft will do what is best for them and their shareholders.

Also I am not defending Microsofts decision. I can honestly care less if they share them or not, but I can also understand why they don't. In the end we know Sony is killing Microsoft and that really is all that matters. Are the numbers really going to change anything?

#53 Posted by kuu2 (10941 posts) -

@hrt_rulz01: Their fragile snowflake egos need this type of thread. No real numbers, started by the most delusional Cow, mods turn a blind eye to a thread with zero substance. In other words a Cowspot thread dejure.

#54 Edited by Shewgenja (20826 posts) -

I will say this. I was going to be surprised if XBox One closed this generation out north of 40. Considering that next-gen (hype) doesn't start until 2020, it seems like MS has a realistic chance of crossing that line. Granted, they have thrown the kitchen sink to get there but that should be enough units to justify a next XBox to investors.

#55 Posted by tormentos (28006 posts) -

@kingtito said:

Doesn't mean anything el tormented since whether it's 35M or 44M it's still waaaaayyyy behind the PS4. The optics will be bad either way.

Ahhh yes good times especially since cows were talking about how the PS3 was going to pass the 360 in it's 1st month, then just for 6 months, just wait for 1 year, just wait till it get's good games, just wait for 2 years, just wait, just wait, just wait...........hahaaha it only took the PS3 6-7 years to catch up. You remember when Sony combined PS3 with PS2 sales to hide the embarrassing sales? I do hahahaah yes good times indeed.

Cows? that is funny you were not posting here by that time,oh wait you were not posting under kingtito just your other alt.

Look at it this way the PS3 catched the 360,the xbox one never will and they started at the same time,and the og xbox lol 6 to 1 gap not much else need to be say.

Sony joined PS3 and PS2 sales for fiscal reports that was on 2011 or 2012 not on 2006,by that time the PS3 was outselling the 360 yearly without problem world wide.

Sony never stopped saying how much PS3 were sold yearly,they joined shipments on fiscal reports which are not for you or me but for investors making PS shipments seen bigger,true was PS2 numbers were dying by that time.

@kingtito said:

That wasn't an attack. He's a cow, he knows he's a cow. He's taking information from the biggest MS hater on SWs as fact without actual evidence or numbers from MS. MS could literally cure cancer and el tormented would find a way to shit talk it simply because it's MS.

Yeah lets pretend i didn't post a link with the info mister magoo.

Oh look whos talking at least i don't pretend that i am unbiased only to kiss MS ass all day like you do.

@navyguy21 said:

Im confused.....you just proved my point.

If Sony stopped releasing PS3 numbers individually to the public..............how is that any different than MS now?

Sure, they combined PS2, Slim and Fat into one, but that was because PS2 was still being produced.

360 was discontinued in late 2015/early 2016 (depending on region). They dont have anything to combine it with.

My point stands. Sony did not release individual PS3 numbers for years.

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/sony-hides-ps3-sales-number-bunker-mentality/

http://controversy.typepad.com/controversy/2011/05/why-is-sony-hiding-sales-figures-of-the-ps3.html

From a business standpoint, Sony was RIGHT to shield their shareholders from any fallout from consumers...........just as MS is doing now.

This isnt a one side or another issue.

Its Business/PR 101

This is bullshit since 2010 NDP stopped sharing numbers of units sold.

CONTROVERSY

Controversy is a blog exploring controversial subjects people feel strongly about. Please click Subscribe to this blog's feed and Add me to your TypePad People List.

From your own LINK.

You are citing a blog. lol Desperation is a stinking cologne.

The NPD Group has announced that many specifics will be removed from its …

- 10/12/2010, 1:05 PM

We've all come to rely on the monthly sales reports from the NPD Group to gain some insight into the performance of games and systems, but starting this month, reports provided to the press will have much less information. We'll still be given, and be able to share, a list showing how well hardware is selling in relation to its competitors as well as a top ten list of software, but the specifics of how much hardware and software is being sold will be removed.

Here are the details on what will change:

• Removal of monthly hardware unit sales figures
  • A shift in the Top 10 software from sku level with unit sales for the Top 5, to Top 10 software at the title level with no unit sales
  • Revised footnote explaining that the monthly retail data reflects new physical purchases, not total consumer spend (digital, subscriptions, mobile games, rentals, used or social network games). The NPD Group will release a total consumer spend report to press on a quarterly basis
  • Monthly analysis from NPD industry analyst, Anita Frazier, will include software sales figures at both the sku and title level for various new releases

http://arstechnica.com/gaming/2010/10/npd-group-to-limit-video-game-sales-information-shared-with-press/?comments=1

Reputable link from 2010 your article is from May 2011 way after NPD not sony removed the numbers from all hardware not just sony.

PlayStation 3 global sales reach 51.8 million

Sony reveals figures at Tokyo Game Show press conference

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2011-09-14-ps3-global-sales-reach-51-8-million

2011 clearly sony's total numbers sold no fuss no hiding.

PlayStation 3 sales hit 50 million, Move ships 8 million

http://hiddenfallsgolfclub.com/articles/playstation-3-sales-hit-50-million-move-ships-8-million/1100-6308755/

1 month before your article was even written.

Not anymore, apparently. Releasing its quarterly earnings this morning, Sony for the first time combined PlayStation 3 unit sales numbers with PlayStation 2 unit sales (and also lumped together the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable into their own category). The new reporting technique comes as Sony’s profits slump.

From your first link ^^ just like i claimed sony joined the numbers for FISCAL report,but sony never stopped saying how many PS3 were sold as a whole to people.

PlayStation 3 global sales hit 70 million, over 15 million Move controllers sold

Your first link is from august 2012,look 2 months after sony was revealing it reach 70 million sold.

http://live.engadget.com/2012/11/16/playstation-3-sales-70-million-units/

So yeah sony never did what MS did,what sony did was joining ps3 and ps2 shipments in fiscal quarters reports not hide total sales numbers.

By the way MS also joined 360 and xbox one sales for fiscal year this gen.

#56 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17950 posts) -

@kuu2: Lol pretty much.

#57 Edited by tormentos (28006 posts) -

@GarGx1 said:

I really don't think I could care less.

You cared enough to come into the thread and cry about it.

#58 Posted by tormentos (28006 posts) -

@kuu2 said:

@hrt_rulz01: Their fragile snowflake egos need this type of thread. No real numbers, started by the most delusional Cow, mods turn a blind eye to a thread with zero substance. In other words a Cowspot thread dejure.

It's a conspiracy between me and the mods to ruin the xbox reputation and ruin MS good name i think you should call the internet police hurry.

#59 Posted by HalcyonScarlet (8232 posts) -

I had to recheck the date of this thread.

I'm no fan of the Xbone, but it can't STILL be under 40M. What's it been a year?

#60 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@kingtito said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Microsoft hasn't made their numbers available but if these numbers are true then they can't have sold more than 36 million as you can't sell more consoles than GPUs bought. There's no need to attack the gentleman.

That wasn't an attack. He's a cow, he knows he's a cow. He's taking information from the biggest MS hater on SWs as fact without actual evidence or numbers from MS. MS could literally cure cancer and el tormented would find a way to shit talk it simply because it's MS.

LOL but I never said facts you crybaby. Who would've thought my little post could trigger the likes of you ^-^

Even tormentos himself didn't take it as facts either, he's just making taking this as speculation as well as am I. Let's say if this is indeed true, selling 36 million units in 5 years of it's lifespan is pathetic. What MS really needs to do is come out and give it's fans the real numbers.

Actually cow, I asked you a question and I assumed, you being a cow, believed every word el tormenteds says. Don't confuse me with cows since the X1X sure has triggered you all. Oh and you responded as if it was a fact, you know it cow.

Stay triggered cow

#61 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Why? Because cows believe they should? How does this affect any of us? You own stock?

But since you lemmings don't really care about games I see how this is irrelevant for you.

Hahaha you think MS lacks money? You really think MS would change it's tactics if it sold more X1s? Cows are so butthurt

#62 Edited by kenshiro3948 (390 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@davillain- said:
@kingtito said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Microsoft hasn't made their numbers available but if these numbers are true then they can't have sold more than 36 million as you can't sell more consoles than GPUs bought. There's no need to attack the gentleman.

LOL but I never said facts you crybaby. Who would've thought my little post could trigger the likes of you ^-^

Even tormentos himself didn't take it as facts either, he's just making taking this as speculation as well as am I. Let's say if this is indeed true, selling 36 million units in 5 years of it's lifespan is pathetic. What MS really needs to do is come out and give it's fans the real numbers.

Actually cow, I asked you a question and I assumed, you being a cow, believed every word el tormenteds says. Don't confuse me with cows since the X1X sure has triggered you all. Oh and you responded as if it was a fact, you know it cow.

Stay triggered cow

Wow, you sound very upset. Chill out man it’s only videogames.

You can’t blame me for thinking you were attacking him, your post sounds very aggressive from where I’m standing. There’s no need for that type of aggression here, we’re all just speculating since no one but MS has the real numbers sold. MS isnt paying your for the defense work you’re doing in this thread lol.

#63 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

Actually el tormented I did post as kingtito. You see the date I joined or did you need someone to spell that out as well? I have no alts el tormented but we all know you do.

Look at it this way, the PS3 took 6-7 years to catch up and it took the 360 selling almost nothing in the Japanese region. This after cows claimed it would pass the 360 in a matter of months hahahaha...good times

You posted a link that doesn't have facts el tormented. Why? Because you're the biggest MS hater on SWs. Hell you don't even love Sony as much as you hate MS cause if you did you've actually own their consoles.

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:

Doesn't mean anything el tormented since whether it's 35M or 44M it's still waaaaayyyy behind the PS4. The optics will be bad either way.

Ahhh yes good times especially since cows were talking about how the PS3 was going to pass the 360 in it's 1st month, then just for 6 months, just wait for 1 year, just wait till it get's good games, just wait for 2 years, just wait, just wait, just wait...........hahaaha it only took the PS3 6-7 years to catch up. You remember when Sony combined PS3 with PS2 sales to hide the embarrassing sales? I do hahahaah yes good times indeed.

Cows? that is funny you were not posting here by that time,oh wait you were not posting under kingtito just your other alt.

Look at it this way the PS3 catched the 360,the xbox one never will and they started at the same time,and the og xbox lol 6 to 1 gap not much else need to be say.

Sony joined PS3 and PS2 sales for fiscal reports that was on 2011 or 2012 not on 2006,by that time the PS3 was outselling the 360 yearly without problem world wide.

Sony never stopped saying how much PS3 were sold yearly,they joined shipments on fiscal reports which are not for you or me but for investors making PS shipments seen bigger,true was PS2 numbers were dying by that time.

@kingtito said:

Yeah lets pretend i didn't post a link with the info mister magoo.

Oh look whos talking at least i don't pretend that i am unbiased only to kiss MS ass all day like you do.

#64 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@kenshiro3948 said:
@kingtito said:
@davillain- said:
@kingtito said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

Stay triggered cow

Wow, you sound very upset. Chill out man it’s only videogames.

You can’t blame me for thinking you were attacking him, your post sounds very aggressive from where I’m standing. There’s no need for that type of aggression here, we’re all just speculating since no one but MS has the real numbers sold. MS isnt paying your for the defense work you’re doing in this thread lol.

Chill out? I'm not upset amigo. You seem to be in the wrong place. This is SWs and these interactions are common in case you haven't noticed. Doesn't mean anyone is actually upset.

You might want to look around and know where you're posting before you start commenting. You're not going to get civility or actual conversations, not anymore.

Nor is Sony paying cows but doesn't stop anyone from posting what they post. Don't see you calling out cows either, hmmmmmm wonder why that is.

Hey safe space is that way ------>

#65 Edited by Zappat (1267 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@ProtossRushX said:

Hahaha you think MS lacks money? You really think MS would change it's tactics if it sold more X1s? Cows are so butthurt

You think MS is going to invest money in something that is not profitable? For what? The idea is that the money made in gaming gets reinvested in gaming not that the rest of the company has to maintain a part of the company that is losing money. Gosh you lemmings are slow or just too dumb to understand how business works.

#66 Posted by Zappat (1267 posts) -
@kuu2 said:

Now try to say it without crying lol

#67 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@zappat said:
@kingtito said:
@ProtossRushX said:

You think MS is going to invest money in something that is not profitable? For what? The idea is that the money made in gaming gets reinvested in gaming not that the rest of the company has to maintain a part of the company that is losing money. Gosh you lemmings are slow or just too dumb to understand how business works.

And you have links that backup MS isn't profitable with the X1 and all that encompasses it?

The idea that you believe MS would come out with more games if the X1 sold more when they didn't do that with the 360 and it sold 4x the amount the OG Xbox did.

And you cows are so dumb to believe you know how to run a business better than one of the biggest and most successful in the world. Stay butthurt cow

Avatar image for BenjaminBanklin
#68 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3295 posts) -
@Xabiss said:

The facts of the matter is Microsoft gains nothing sharing the numbers. How would it help Microsoft/Xbox in anyway with them releasing the numbers other then to stop fanboy wars? Microsoft can give two shits about fanboy wars. Their business decisions are based on what helps Microsoft and their shareholders. It really is as simple as that. They don't share sales numbers about a lot of their products. Just like they don't share profit numbers over some of their divisions also. In the end Microsoft will do what is best for them and their shareholders.

Also I am not defending Microsofts decision. I can honestly care less if they share them or not, but I can also understand why they don't. In the end we know Sony is killing Microsoft and that really is all that matters. Are the numbers really going to change anything?

We know that's a lie, because everything they do is in reaction to fanboy wars. They stopped reporting numbers because they thought people would hold it over their heads, yet when they get ahead in NPD they can't wait to tell you. They made a $500 dollar version of the current console that they know not many of the current fanbase will purchase because they were bothered by the resolution comparisons. But this is the box they can hide behind when they make claims like, "Games play better on Xbox One".

Yes, they react to fanboy wars, and they respond in kind by trying to make their fans just as reactive to this on Twitter. The last big push was the poo-pooing about crossplay on Twitter. They openly sulk about not getting certain marketing deals. Larry Hryb made a Star Wars Battlefront-related video that he ended up taking down where he declared Sony their enemy. These people are ridiculous and it rubs off on their fanbase.

MS uses any outlet they can to push anything they do as the greatest thing since sliced bread even if someone else did it before, and play the victim role when the market doesn't embrace everything they do with open arms. They don't report numbers because they don't want anyone know just how much they sink into Xbox trying to play catch-up with Sony. So yes, you best believe everything they do is based on optics.

#69 Edited by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@kingtito: Yeah and I gave you my answer already crybaby.

#70 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@davillain- said:

Butthurt confirmed...thanks cow

#71 Edited by SaltSlasher (539 posts) -

I specifically remember 360 selling 50 million in 5 years, which means clearly PS4 is selling much faster than last gen's best console did.

Xbox One isn't selling at same rate, but I didn't think it was that far behind, which isn't terrible, but still, I thought Xbox One hit 40 million awhile back...If pretending Year 1 didn't happen, I can't believe they didn't average 10 million a year since.

#72 Posted by kuu2 (10941 posts) -

@zappat said:
@kuu2 said:

Now try to say it without crying lol

As soon as you say it from behind an Alt.

#73 Posted by GarGx1 (10562 posts) -
@tormentos said:
@GarGx1 said:

I really don't think I could care less.

You cared enough to come into the thread and cry about it.

The fact I don't care about how many units a console has sold is a valid opinion for the thread.

Anyway why would I "cry" about a console I don't own or have any intention of owning?

#74 Edited by DaVillain- (33036 posts) -

@kingtito said:
@davillain- said:

Butthurt confirmed...thanks cow

#75 Posted by Random_Matt (3476 posts) -

If it wasn't built by Microsoft, it would have been scrapped by now.

#76 Edited by Xabiss (2094 posts) -

@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

We know that's a lie, because everything they do is in reaction to fanboy wars. They stopped reporting numbers because they thought people would hold it over their heads, yet when they get ahead in NPD they can't wait to tell you. They made a $500 dollar version of the current console that they know not many of the current fanbase will purchase because they were bothered by the resolution comparisons. But this is the box they can hide behind when they make claims like, "Games play better on Xbox One".

Yes, they react to fanboy wars, and they respond in kind by trying to make their fans just as reactive to this on Twitter. The last big push was the poo-pooing about crossplay on Twitter. They openly sulk about not getting certain marketing deals. Larry Hryb made a Star Wars Battlefront-related video that he ended up taking down where he declared Sony their enemy. These people are ridiculous and it rubs off on their fanbase.

MS uses any outlet they can to push anything they do as the greatest thing since sliced bread even if someone else did it before, and play the victim role when the market doesn't embrace everything they do with open arms. They don't report numbers because they don't want anyone know just how much they sink into Xbox trying to play catch-up with Sony. So yes, you best believe everything they do is based on optics.

ROFLMAO you really do believe this shit. HAHAHAHA! You really think Microsoft takes in account fanboy wars when they make decisions and this place matters. Holy shit this is just grand! Seriously people this is the saddest this I have read in a while. But really, keep thinking what you say and do as a fanboy matters. HAHA!

This not only goes for Microsoft, but Sony and Nintendo. The last thing these companies give two shits about is fanboy wars.

#77 Posted by tormentos (28006 posts) -

@saltslasher said:

I specifically remember 360 selling 50 million in 5 years, which means clearly PS4 is selling much faster than last gen's best console did.

Xbox One isn't selling at same rate, but I didn't think it was that far behind, which isn't terrible, but still, I thought Xbox One hit 40 million awhile back...If pretending Year 1 didn't happen, I can't believe they didn't average 10 million a year since.

lol last gen fastest selling console was the wii not the 360.

NO that was unconfirmed but funny enough lemmings such as yourself were fast to grab that number and take it as true.

EA one claim 29 million by the end of 2017.

#78 Posted by BenjaminBanklin (3295 posts) -
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

ROFLMAO you really do believe this shit. HAHAHAHA! You really think Microsoft takes in account fanboy wars when they make decisions and this place matters. Holy shit this is just grand! Seriously people this is the saddest this I have read in a while. But really, keep thinking what you say and do as a fanboy matters. HAHA!

This not only goes for Microsoft, but Sony and Nintendo. The last thing these companies give two shits about is fanboy wars.

You can't be this naive. This pretty much confirms you know I'm right. You don't make moves like these unless you want to make your salt known in public. MS publicly stands behind their notorious X-slaves like Tim Dog on Twitter because this is the kind of person they want on their team. Social media is everything to Microsoft and they want to control the narrative as much as they can in their favor.

#79 Edited by Zappat (1267 posts) -

@kingtito: It is common sense that a company invests more in a business that is more profitable. The Xbox could be profitable but selling more means more profit. It's amazing that you even struggle to understand such a simple fact, no wonder you're a lemming.

But by all means keep defending MS selling like shit, that means less games to lemmings and more easy ownage of lemmings for us. So keep being dumb, you're doing great :)

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#80 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (976 posts) -

Yet again cows love to judge on hardware sales.

#81 Posted by Zappat (1267 posts) -

@saltslasher: "PS4 is selling much faster than last gen's best console did."

The 360 was last gen's slowest selling console. The Wii obliterated all and the PS3 surpassed the 360 while the 360 had a year headstart. That means the PS3 sold at a much faster rate to catch up.

#82 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@zappat said:

@kingtito: It is common sense that a company invests more in a business that is more profitable. The Xbox could be profitable but selling more means more profit. It's amazing that you even struggle to understand such a simple fact, no wonder you're a lemming.

But by all means keep defending MS selling like shit, that means less games to lemmings and more easy ownage of lemmings for us. So keep being dumb, you're doing great :)

What's amazing is you thinking you know what MS would or wouldn't do. "oh if MS sold more consoles they'd have more games" but you have no idea what you're talking about.

Is that what I'm doing? Because I don't agree with you statement? I'm not the one obsessed with sales for a console I don't care about. That's you cow. Sales don't have an effect on me one way or another. Funny how it affects you and you claim you don't give 2 shits about MS. Seems you care about MS more than care to admit OR your motto "we don't love our console, we just hate yours" really is true. You decide cow

#83 Posted by robert_sparkes (1759 posts) -

36 million or not it mean so little when Sony are dominating. MS have already tapped out this generation.

#84 Posted by kenshiro3948 (390 posts) -
@mclarenmaster18 said:

Yet again cows love to judge on hardware sales.

To be honest, the XB1 is also getting murdered in software sales as well.

#85 Posted by robert_sparkes (1759 posts) -

on the other hand gamepass has been an incredible success. I expected sales to be where they are when they put everything available to pc. There's no reason to buy and Xbox if you own a pc that's the problem ms have. They obviously are not interested in purely consoe gaming.

#86 Posted by BigBadBully (2019 posts) -

MS just care about making gaming accessible to as many people possible. Xbox console is just for console gamers, then you have gamepass/play anywhere for pc and finally upcoming xcloud for anyone with a device capable.

MS seems focused on acquiring game developers and software. Xbox hardware is just a small slice of the whole MS Gaming Pie.

#87 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17950 posts) -

@BigBadBully said:

MS just care about making gaming accessible to as many people possible. Xbox console is just for console gamers, then you have gamepass/play anywhere for pc and finally upcoming xcloud for anyone with a device capable.

MS seems focused on acquiring game developers and software. Xbox hardware is just a small slice of the whole MS Gaming Pie.

Yep, exactly... but this post contains too much common sense for cows to understand, so their little brains will probably explode.

#88 Posted by kenshiro3948 (390 posts) -
@BigBadBully said:

^^ Reads like a PR statement.

What these numbers suggest to me is that XB1 sales are so bad that MS has no choice but to spread their games everywhere. MS isn't putting their games on PC and GamePass because they are generous and want to give gamers a choice like you claim, they are doing it because the XB1 doesn't have the install base to support their big AAA games and studios. Less than 36 million units in the wild after 5 years is pretty damn horrible by today's standards, and I can see why they hide their numbers and downplay platform exclusivity. I'd be doing the same too if I was in the same spot as them, ok maybe not hiding numbers but I'd spread my exclusives around. I'm sure MS wants to give people a reason to buy the XB1 and if they could they would but right now people aren't biting and that's why there are trying to spread their options.

#89 Edited by clone01 (27339 posts) -

teh salez warz.

#90 Posted by jahnee (3863 posts) -

Xbox Live has over 60 million active subscriptions though... That's a more realistic number of income for them I'd say.

#91 Posted by kenshiro3948 (390 posts) -
@jahnee said:

Xbox Live has over 60 million active subscriptions though... That's a more realistic number of income for them I'd say.

How many of those are actually on XBL Gold? I'm just curious, not trying to put you on the spot.

#92 Edited by Xabiss (2094 posts) -
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

You can't be this naive. This pretty much confirms you know I'm right. You don't make moves like these unless you want to make your salt known in public. MS publicly stands behind their notorious X-slaves like Tim Dog on Twitter because this is the kind of person they want on their team. Social media is everything to Microsoft and they want to control the narrative as much as they can in their favor.

Confirms you are right. ROFLMAO! No this confirms you are a nutcase that you actually believe Microsoft/Xbox makes decisions based on what is said in System Wars. ROFLMAO! Seriously people you cant make this stupid shit up.

This fanboy actually believe the shit he says in system wars plays part in the decisions these companies make. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

#93 Posted by cainetao11 (35697 posts) -

@tormentos: if they’re lucky? lol

#94 Edited by mowgly1 (1131 posts) -

Naaah. Even Zhuge or some 3rd party analyst disagree with that.

Xbone surely is close to 40 or maybe even at 40 mil.

PS4 is outselling Xbone more than 2:1 globally for quite some time

#95 Edited by cainetao11 (35697 posts) -

@mowgly1: true. PS4 is adding to the pedigree Sony gaming consoles have. Some great exclusives and an all around appeal. Tip ‘o the hat to them.

#96 Posted by jahnee (3863 posts) -

@kenshiro3948: Good question, I think by active subcribers they mean payed subscribers, so all of those are gold?

#97 Edited by kenshiro3948 (390 posts) -
@jahnee said:

@kenshiro3948: Good question, I think by active subcribers they mean payed subscribers, so all of those are gold?

I seriously doubt all of them are Gold. I was just reading on Resetera earlier and they said MS counts anyone with an XBL account as an active user even if they are on Silver. So that includes people like me with an XBL account on PC or Switch but not subscribed to Gold and have the account to play games like Forza or Minecraft. It’s an impressive number nonetheless and will probably create a revenue stream for them but I was originally thinking it meant only Gold subscribers.

#98 Edited by BenjaminBanklin (3295 posts) -
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:
@BenjaminBanklin said:
@Xabiss said:

Confirms you are right. ROFLMAO! No this confirms you are a nutcase that you actually believe Microsoft/Xbox makes decisions based on what is said in System Wars. ROFLMAO! Seriously people you cant make this stupid shit up.

This fanboy actually believe the shit he says in system wars plays part in the decisions these companies make. HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Did I say System Wars, crazy ass? It's you who takes this place to another level of seriousness. It's not just one area, it's a aggregate of places that influence their opinion. Youtube, Twitter, bigger forums like ResetEra. THAT'S the source they're drawing from. They've astroturf these places like crazy and try to swing opinion any way they can. If you think they don't then you're a bigger fool than I already know you are. Lest we forget this. When people couldn't find a kind word to say about Xbox One, they had to start stuffing pockets.

#99 Posted by Daredevils2k (1801 posts) -

@SecretPolice said:

Mah NDA prevents me from being precise but the tally of sold through as of today is.... 69 million and climbing faster than ever and it's mainly due to Mighty X1X MonsterBox. :O

Nothin but the fax mam. :P

LOL you had me rolling SecretP, you're one of my fav cows of all time.

#100 Posted by Zappat (1267 posts) -

@kingtito: Just look at the amount of third party games that release per month on PS4 and not on Xbox and viceversa. Like I said, anyone with 1/4th of a brain knows that more sales = more support. But by all means keep on being a moron. The Xbox is shit because it has an idiotic fanbase which makes it easier to laugh at you guys.