Are xbox one sales at 36 millions?

• 188 results
#1 Posted by tormentos (28000 posts) -

Mod Edit:

JPR Reports said:Disclaimers. JPR Reports contain “reviews” of various products and information. The content of these Reports represent the interpretation and analysis of statistics and information that are either generally available to the public or released by entities or individuals deemed responsible. The information in the Reports is believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed as to its accuracy or completeness.

Balance of Power JPR Research

http://www.neogaf.com/threads/xbox-unit-sales-down-yoy-only-36-million-xboxs-sold.1467172/

OK let me start by saying the thread was edit by a mod in neogaf and wasn't close so there is some true to this.

Second point i want to address before the ""oh this is a lie look at the PS4 with 99 millions this is bullshit"" this guy doesn't track console sales,he track GPU sales from big companies which is why the PS4 shows 99 million,that only represent the number of ships AMD has sell sony not how many consoles sony has sold.

Which bring me to my 3rd and final point those same numbers point at MS buying only 36 million chips from AMD upto the end of this year.

Which means the xbox one is probably not a single unit over 36.43 millions by the end of this year,which is not that hard to believe if you take as good EA numbers for December 2017 which put the xbox one at 29 million units,considering the xbox one doesn't sell 1 million units a month this number is quite credible or at the very least close.

What say you system wars.

#2 Edited by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

Mah NDA prevents me from being precise but the tally of sold through as of today is.... 69 million and climbing faster than ever and it's mainly due to Mighty X1X MonsterBox. :O

Nothin but the fax mam. :P

#3 Posted by Howmakewood (5532 posts) -

I say it's surprising old gaf site is still alive and thelastword is still posting, he takes some of the clowns here to school

#4 Posted by Techhog89 (3093 posts) -
@SecretPolice said:

Mah NDA prevents me from being precise but the tally of sold through as of today is.... 59 million and climbing faster than ever and it's mainly due to Mighty X1X MonsterBox. :O

Nothin but the fax mam. :P

Shoulda gone with 69 million. It would be just as fake but at least everyone could say "nice" in response.

#5 Posted by knight-k (2167 posts) -

@howmakewood said:

I say it's surprising old gaf site is still alive and thelastword is still posting, he takes some of the clowns here to school

I miss the old gaf before it was infested...

#6 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

@techhog89:

Oops, typo and it's now fixed. lol :P

#7 Posted by kuu2 (10941 posts) -

I say its on pace to hit 100 million since we are just throwing darts in these numbers threads.

#8 Posted by knight-k (2167 posts) -

And we all knew Xbone was dead, not surprising.

"BUUU..BBUUU... MUH FORZAAAAAAAAA WILL SURELY SAVE THE XBONE COWS! U'll SEEEEEE !!!!!"

#9 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

I'm sorry but seeing Xbox One 36 millions sold in it's 5 year run is not good at all, in fact, it should have been at least in it's 50 million by now. MS needs to do better then this moving into next-gen cause this is pathetic seeing Xbox One in it's 36 million and nowhere near 40 million at least.

I know my words were harsh but I really do hope MS learn something from this gen and try to do better into next-gen Xbox Scarlet but the fact is, Xbox One will go down as the most disappointing console.

#10 Edited by TryIt (12881 posts) -

wait so you are saying there are more owners of my top 10 favorite PC Steam Early access indie titles then total number of Xbox One sales TOTAL?????????????????

#11 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@davillain- said:

I'm sorry but seeing Xbox One 36 millions sold in it's 5 year run is not good at all, in fact, it should have been at least in it's 50 million by now. MS needs to do better then this moving into next-gen cause this is pathetic seeing Xbox One in it's 36 million and nowhere near 40 million at least.

I know my words were harsh but I really do hope MS learn something from this gen and try to do better into next-gen Xbox Scarlet but the fact is, Xbox One will go down as the most disappointing console.

case in point, I know of at least a few small indie steam early access game has sold 5 million. Sure 5 million is not as many as all xbox one sales but come on...these are supposed to be games that nobody cares about vs the top gaming console or something?

#12 Edited by Xabiss (2094 posts) -

The only one that truly knows that answer is Microsoft and they are not talking. So no one will ever know until they say. Any numbers that are given are just hearsay to be honest and should be taken with a grain of salt.

Proof of what I say is actually in the document right here:

"The information in the Reports is believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed as to its accuracy or completeness."

#13 Posted by Zappat (1265 posts) -

Good, they don't deserve to do better unless they get their shit together

#14 Posted by navyguy21 (15123 posts) -

PS4 has been outselling Xbox 2 to 1 since launch, so wouldnt a more reasonable assumption/estimate be 43m?

Also, what kind of leap in logic is it to say "yea, ignore the PS4 number because it is wrong and the guy doesnt track them....................but OMG the Xbox numbers are correct"?

#15 Posted by Guy_Brohski (1859 posts) -

@davillain-: Xbone sold 3 times as many consoles than Wii U. I'd say the Wii U was much more disappointing..

#16 Posted by SecretPolice (34166 posts) -

@Guy_Brohski:

You read what he said wrong.

Let me decipher for you and everyone what he really said.... ... Moooooo, mooooo, mooo moo. lol :P

#17 Posted by tormentos (28000 posts) -

@Xabiss said:

The only one that truly knows that answer is Microsoft and they are not talking. So no one will ever know until they say. Any numbers that are given are just hearsay to be honest and should be taken with a grain of salt.

"The information in the Reports is believed to be reliable but is not guaranteed as to its accuracy or completeness."

That is not proof at all,all it say is that the number are not guaranteed,but the numbers are reliable.

Again hiding on MS refusal to say its numbers is not a point that will win you this argument.

For a reason MS don't want to talk about those after a full generation of hyping NPD numbers and even this gen at the start.

EA number apparently were right they had like 29 millions by the end of last year,and this year they haven't sell 10 million units to bring that number at least close to 40 millions.

So probably they are in the 33 or 34 million line.

#18 Posted by tormentos (28000 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:

PS4 has been outselling Xbox 2 to 1 since launch, so wouldnt a more reasonable assumption/estimate be 43m?

Also, what kind of leap in logic is it to say "yea, ignore the PS4 number because it is wrong and the guy doesnt track them....................but OMG the Xbox numbers are correct"?

The PS4 is outselling the xbox one by more than 2 to 1 by some years now.

Who say ignore the PS4 numbers? They track chips sold not PS4 sold,you do know sony buy chips in advance by millions to make their consoles the bigger the quantity they buy the more they save.

In other words the numbers of PS4 there are not the number sold but the amount of chips amd has sold sony.

#19 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@davillain- said:

So you're saying this is a fact? Not speculation or guessing since, you know, MS hasn't made their numbers available? Cows will be cows

#20 Posted by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -

Terrible numbers for MS if these are accurate. It definitely explains why they are so coy with their numbers. They are getting outsold more than 2:1 by Sony. It also explains why their games are on PC and GP, with an install base this low their AAA games can't get the support they need if they follow a traditional console business model.

#21 Posted by tormentos (28000 posts) -

@kingtito said:
@davillain- said:

So you're saying this is a fact? Not speculation or guessing since, you know, MS hasn't made their numbers available? Cows will be cows

Yeah MS not making its number available mean they are high rather than low right?

After a full generation of hyping NPD numbers when the 360 was beating the PS3..lol

#22 Posted by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -
@kingtito said:
@davillain- said:

Microsoft hasn't made their numbers available but if these numbers are true then they can't have sold more than 36 million as you can't sell more consoles than GPUs bought. There's no need to attack the gentleman.

#23 Posted by samfisher56 (765 posts) -

Whys isnt microsoft releasing numbers? Is that a precedent in the industry?

#24 Posted by Fedor (3333 posts) -

Sounds about right.

#25 Posted by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -
@samfisher56 said:

It's very strange. I've never seen any company do this before in all my years of gaming. Seeing the numbers in this thread I think I may be able to guess why, their numbers are too low compared to last gen and Sony this gen and they are embarrassed.

#26 Edited by samfisher56 (765 posts) -

@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:

It's very strange. I've never seen any company do this before in all my years of gaming. Seeing the numbers in this thread I think I may be able to guess why, their numbers are too low compared to last gen and Sony this gen and they are embarrassed.

So? They should tell the numbers, everyone knows the console hasnt sold a lot anyway. People should know the exact numbers imo.

#27 Posted by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -
@samfisher56 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:

So? They should tell the numbers, everyone knows the console hasnt sold a lot anyway. People should know the exact numbers imo.

I totally agree. If they are worried about the bad PR I think it's too late. The console are already has bad PR and releasing numbers won't make things worse as people generally know it's not doing well sales wise.

#28 Posted by samfisher56 (765 posts) -

@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:

I totally agree. If they are worried about the bad PR I think it's too late. The console are already has bad PR and releasing numbers won't make things worse as people generally know it's not doing well sales wise.

imagine when the generation ends and nobody knows how many units the bone sold lol.

Avatar image for APiranhaAteMyVa
#29 Posted by APiranhaAteMyVa (4059 posts) -

Seems about right between 32-34 most likely, huge flop.

Looks like the X flopped just as hard as the original XBone.

#30 Edited by Xabiss (2094 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

That is not proof at all,all it say is that the number are not guaranteed,but the numbers are reliable.

Again hiding on MS refusal to say its numbers is not a point that will win you this argument.

For a reason MS don't want to talk about those after a full generation of hyping NPD numbers and even this gen at the start.

EA number apparently were right they had like 29 millions by the end of last year,and this year they haven't sell 10 million units to bring that number at least close to 40 millions.

So probably they are in the 33 or 34 million line.

The simple fact is no one knows what the sale numbers are and it is that simple. People can only make assumptions or educated guesses and that is about it. People can state/guess shit all they want, but no one knows what the truth is except for Microsoft.

Unfortunately Microsoft is to embarrassed to share those numbers, but in the grand scheme of things no one really gives a shit except fanboy wars.

#31 Posted by hrt_rulz01 (17948 posts) -

Lol, the daily "make cows feel better" thread.

#32 Posted by navyguy21 (15123 posts) -
@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:

I agree that the public wants the know, but there are very good reasons why a company would not want numbers out and It has nothing to do with embarrassment.

PR101: If I sell 10m and my competitor sells 30, people assume the competitor is better.

Why? Because consumers, as a whole, are ignorant and uninformed.

Sony did the same with PS3 numbers for most of the generation and people also complained.

It is no different here.

MS wants people to assume they are equal, and most people will because consumers (aside from gamers online) are ignorant to the facts.

#33 Posted by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -
@navyguy21 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:

I agree that the public wants the know, but there are very good reasons why a company would not want numbers out and It has nothing to do with embarrassment.

PR101: If I sell 10m and my competitor sells 30, people assume the competitor is better.

Sony did the same with PS3 numbers for most of the generation and people also complained.

It is no different here.

MS wants people to assume they are equal, and most people will because consumers (aside from gamers online) are ignorant to the facts.

I remember knowing Sony's numbers last gen even though they did the whole "Sony family" thing for a while. I think MS hiding numbers like this is unprecedented. We haven't had any numbers whatsoever since 2015 not even "MS family", it's weird. I understand their reasons but I also think hiding numbers like this is not a good look. Nintendo showed their numbers when they were doing badly and I didn't think any less of them, and they were able to bounce back this gen. Microsoft should do the same if you ask me.

#34 Posted by kenshiro3948 (383 posts) -
@samfisher56 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:

imagine when the generation ends and nobody knows how many units the bone sold lol.

Crazy, hopefully they release their numbers at the end of the gen, this is just sad.

#35 Edited by ahmedkhan1994 (573 posts) -

Soon PS4 will have sold at a ratio of 3:1 compared to xbox one. I wonder how much more of an ass kicking does Sony need to deliver for microsoft to understand that no one wants their console and they should just call it quits.

#36 Posted by Boycie (4603 posts) -

@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Soon PS4 will have sold at a ration of 3:1 compared to xbox one. I wonder how much more of an ass kicking does Sony need to deliver for microsoft to understand that no one wants their console and they should just call it quits.

36 million people is hardly nobody.

#37 Posted by TryIt (12881 posts) -

@boycie said:
@ahmedkhan1994 said:

Soon PS4 will have sold at a ration of 3:1 compared to xbox one. I wonder how much more of an ass kicking does Sony need to deliver for microsoft to understand that no one wants their console and they should just call it quits.

36 million people is hardly nobody.

its about 1 in 10 Americans however I assume this is worldwide sales

what is interesting though it comparison.

Space Engineers for example sold more than 5 million, 7 days to die has more than 5 million. Yeah 5 million is not 36 but we are talking about indie games in steam early access selling about 15% of ALL Xbox One sales?

#38 Posted by Xabiss (2094 posts) -

@navyguy21 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:
@samfisher56 said:

It is no different here.

The fact of the matter is the general public can give two shits what the numbers are. The numbers of consoles sold only helps one demographic and that is fanboy wars. Hell even investors don't give two shits or they would be forcing the matter. They just care that Microsoft as a whole is profitable and they are "hella" profitable.

#39 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@tormentos said:
@kingtito said:
@davillain- said:

Yeah MS not making its number available mean they are high rather than low right?

After a full generation of hyping NPD numbers when the 360 was beating the PS3..lol

Doesn't mean anything el tormented since whether it's 35M or 44M it's still waaaaayyyy behind the PS4. The optics will be bad either way.

Ahhh yes good times especially since cows were talking about how the PS3 was going to pass the 360 in it's 1st month, then just for 6 months, just wait for 1 year, just wait till it get's good games, just wait for 2 years, just wait, just wait, just wait...........hahaaha it only took the PS3 6-7 years to catch up. You remember when Sony combined PS3 with PS2 sales to hide the embarrassing sales? I do hahahaah yes good times indeed.

#40 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@kenshiro3948 said:
@kingtito said:
@davillain- said:

Microsoft hasn't made their numbers available but if these numbers are true then they can't have sold more than 36 million as you can't sell more consoles than GPUs bought. There's no need to attack the gentleman.

That wasn't an attack. He's a cow, he knows he's a cow. He's taking information from the biggest MS hater on SWs as fact without actual evidence or numbers from MS. MS could literally cure cancer and el tormented would find a way to shit talk it simply because it's MS.

#41 Edited by tormentos (28000 posts) -

@Xabiss said:

The simple fact is no one knows what the sale numbers are and it is that simple. People can only make assumptions or educated guesses and that is about it. People can state/guess shit all they want, but no one knows what the truth is except for Microsoft.

Unfortunately Microsoft is to embarrassed to share those numbers, but in the grand scheme of things no one really gives a shit except fanboy wars.

1-Well that doesn't change the fact that if the shipment of chips is 36.43 million that would mean the xbox one is close to 33 to 34 million sold even less who knows.

2-If no one gave a shit about it MS would not be hiding the numbers don't you think?

@navyguy21 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

It is no different here.

1-Is not embarrassment.

2-That's nice but since MS loved sales numbers last gen is a bit sad hiding them now,because the numbers don't go their way.

3-That is a lie sony never stopped releasing PS3 sales numbers,what they did was join PS2 and PS3 shipments some years for fiscal reports,they never stopped saying how much units they sold,and in fact the PS3 sold at a faster faster rate yearly than the 360 which is why they were able to catch the 360.

I don't think most people buy that MS strategy after all the PS4 continue to dominate the xbox one even after a more powerful version of the xbox was introduce.

@Xabiss said:

The fact of the matter is the general public can give two shits what the numbers are. The numbers of consoles sold only helps one demographic and that is fanboy wars. Hell even investors don't give two shits or they would be forcing the matter. They just care that Microsoft as a whole is profitable and they are "hella" profitable.

If that was true we would know the numbers for sure.

Yeah no thanks to the xbox division,which MS grouped with other divisions to capitalise on other division earnings,which is why the xbox one doesn't have exclusives anymore it was pressure from the inside what changed that xbox one games were not selling like the 360 was selling them,and it was obvious to investors.

#42 Posted by ProtossRushX (4711 posts) -

Microsoft needs to come out and clear this up there looking awful

#43 Posted by kingtito (9938 posts) -

@ProtossRushX said:

Why? Because cows believe they should? How does this affect any of us? You own stock?

#44 Posted by Wasdie (53576 posts) -
@ProtossRushX said:

Well it seems that they finally have taken the hint and are starting to remedy the #1 issue with the Xbox One, and that's the general lack of games. There's just so little to play on the thing. It's incredibly hard to recommend and Xbox One to anybody with Sony over there not only getting all of the multiplat games, but having a killer lineup of exclusives.

Hopefully as they move forward they push for more diverse 1st party game development. They also need to not have a muddy launch with a console that lacks focus and trying to push unpopular business decisions on people.

If Microsoft can work on its 1st party game lineup and present a very straight forward, solid, 9th gen entry in 2020, they'll be just fine. Probably pick up a lot of sales too.

#45 Posted by RR360DD (14067 posts) -

Yeah, already proved inaccurate by ZHuge, but nice try tomato

LOL

#46 Posted by Archangel3371 (26443 posts) -

Oh noes! How am I going to be able to sleep at night?

#47 Posted by navyguy21 (15123 posts) -
@tormentos said:
@Xabiss said:

1-Well that doesn't change the fact that if the shipment of chips is 36.43 million that would mean the xbox one is close to 33 to 34 million sold even less who knows.

2-If no one gave a shit about it MS would not be hiding the numbers don't you think?

@navyguy21 said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

It is no different here.

1-Is not embarrassment.

2-That's nice but since MS loved sales numbers last gen is a bit sad hiding them now,because the numbers don't go their way.

3-That is a lie sony never stopped releasing PS3 sales numbers,what they did was join PS2 and PS3 shipments some years for fiscal reports,they never stopped saying how much units they sold,and in fact the PS3 sold at a faster faster rate yearly than the 360 which is why they were able to catch the 360.

I don't think most people buy that MS strategy after all the PS4 continue to dominate the xbox one even after a more powerful version of the xbox was introduce.

@Xabiss said:

If that was true we would know the numbers for sure.

Yeah no thanks to the xbox division,which MS grouped with other divisions to capitalise on other division earnings,which is why the xbox one doesn't have exclusives anymore it was pressure from the inside what changed that xbox one games were not selling like the 360 was selling them,and it was obvious to investors.

Im confused.....you just proved my point.

If Sony stopped releasing PS3 numbers individually to the public..............how is that any different than MS now?

Sure, they combined PS2, Slim and Fat into one, but that was because PS2 was still being produced.

360 was discontinued in late 2015/early 2016 (depending on region). They dont have anything to combine it with.

My point stands. Sony did not release individual PS3 numbers for years.

http://www.geekwire.com/2012/sony-hides-ps3-sales-number-bunker-mentality/

http://controversy.typepad.com/controversy/2011/05/why-is-sony-hiding-sales-figures-of-the-ps3.html

From a business standpoint, Sony was RIGHT to shield their shareholders from any fallout from consumers...........just as MS is doing now.

This isnt a one side or another issue.

Its Business/PR 101

#48 Posted by GarGx1 (10562 posts) -

I really don't think I could care less.

#50 Posted by DaVillain- (33026 posts) -

@kingtito said:
@kenshiro3948 said:

That wasn't an attack. He's a cow, he knows he's a cow. He's taking information from the biggest MS hater on SWs as fact without actual evidence or numbers from MS. MS could literally cure cancer and el tormented would find a way to shit talk it simply because it's MS.

LOL but I never said facts you crybaby. Who would've thought my little post could trigger the likes of you ^-^

Even tormentos himself didn't take it as facts either, he's just making taking this as speculation as well as am I. Let's say if this is indeed true, selling 36 million units in 5 years of it's lifespan is pathetic. What MS really needs to do is come out and give it's fans the real numbers.