Would it be worth it to buy a PS4 this late?

#1 Edited by Liam44JT (12 posts) -

I heard the PS5 might be coming out around 2020, would it be worth it to buy a PS4 this late?

All help appreciated, thanks.

#2 Edited by Sevenizz (2039 posts) -

Liam44JT marked this as the best answer

If you like japanese gaming and movie games, you might like the system. Great third party support as well. But if you enjoy playing online, can tolerate an unergonomic controller, and care about backwards compatibility, you might look elsewhere. Also, the premium ‘Pro’ model is middle of the road compared to Xbox One X and PC, but has better selection and power compared to a Switch.

Hope this helps!

#3 Posted by Gamerno6666 (6249 posts) -

Yes. I bought mine recently and its worth the money.

#4 Edited by robert_sparkes (1527 posts) -

Of course there's many games to play and last of us 2 and days gone to come.

Black Friday will have some epic deals as usual.

#5 Posted by Liam44JT (12 posts) -

Ok, thanks everyone, I'll think about it :)

#6 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4432 posts) -

Nice topic. I've been wondering the same thing. I'm moving to a new place and am thinking about using my solitary time on a PS4. However I just started playing PS3 games like Red Dead Redemption, X-com: Enemy Unknown, and The Last of Us. So I'm leaning more towards saving my pennies for a PS5 and the possibility of backwards compatibility.

#7 Posted by shahabzelda (125 posts) -

There are a bunch of great games that are PS4 exclusive. Even if PS5 comes out in 2020, you shouldn't miss those titles! So my advice, get one and start playing them. Don't worry about the future, live moment.

I can't believe you haven't played GOW or Uncharted 4 yet.

#9 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4432 posts) -

So I guess I'm getting a PS4 after all. Might as well since I got a good deal on a 4k TV.

#10 Posted by Speeny (437 posts) -

I’ve had the original PS4 since launch but was thinking of upgrading to the pro come Christmas when sales may be on. Only because my current system is getting old and I’ll probably give it to my dad.

#13 Posted by SaltSlasher (439 posts) -

It makes more sense to buy a PS4 in 2018, than it does to have bought one 2013-2016.

#14 Edited by Andarth539 (3 posts) -

I bougjt mine in February 2018

#15 Posted by Valgaav_219 (1900 posts) -

Definitely worth it. Games will be cheaper and there's a larger library for you. I got mine in 2017 and started going back and getting all the great games that I missed for a decent price.

#16 Posted by Baron_Machina (262 posts) -

I'd definitely recommend it.

There's a lot of fantastic games on the PS4, and honestly the PS5 is probably gonna be late 2020.