The Laid Back Lounge 8 - Join in the discussion !

Avatar image for Young_Charter
#101 Edited by Young_Charter (20057 posts) -

@LightR said:

@ryrulez said:

getting real end time vibes from ukraine and that fucking oscar's selfie, ya know?

1914 was 100 years ago now and all. like borges said reality favours symmetries and slight anachronisms.

I think the most ****ed thing of this all is that the US along with Russia and the UK got the Ukraine to give up nuclear weapons in 1994. They had over 1000. They signed the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances, saying they'd respect Ukraine as a territory and sovereignty. It's like waiting the ten turns of the peace treaty of Civ then going right back in.

Does the whole situation seem World War-ish to you guys ?

Avatar image for Young_Charter
#102 Posted by Young_Charter (20057 posts) -

@LightR said:

@ryrulez said:

getting real end time vibes from ukraine and that fucking oscar's selfie, ya know?

1914 was 100 years ago now and all. like borges said reality favours symmetries and slight anachronisms.

I think the most ****ed thing of this all is that the US along with Russia and the UK got the Ukraine to give up nuclear weapons in 1994. They had over 1000. They signed the Budapest Memorandum on Security Assurances, saying they'd respect Ukraine as a territory and sovereignty. It's like waiting the ten turns of the peace treaty of Civ then going right back in.

Does the whole situation seem World War-ish to you guys ?

Avatar image for ryrulez
#103 Posted by ryrulez (11605 posts) -

@Young_Charter: No. Russia and Ukraine might fight for a bit, but can't see anyone else getting directly involved. Ukraine will end up being separated.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
#104 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13400 posts) -

Bah. In State of Decay, if one of your characters die, they are lost forever. I got my favorite dude killed. :(

Avatar image for Young_Charter
#105 Posted by Young_Charter (20057 posts) -
@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Bah. In State of Decay, if one of your characters die, they are lost forever. I got my favorite dude killed. :(

What are the specs ?

@ryrulez said:

@Young_Charter: No. Russia and Ukraine might fight for a bit, but can't see anyone else getting directly involved. Ukraine will end up being separated.

Hmmm... wow.

Avatar image for Terrencec06
#106 Posted by Terrencec06 (4018 posts) -

Finally finished Guacamelee, Decent game. I was thoroughly impressed with the platforming in the game. Fighting mechanics were well done too.

Started Singularity, that game did not age well lol, kinda fun though.

Avatar image for Ballroompirate
#107 Posted by Ballroompirate (26007 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

Bah. In State of Decay, if one of your characters die, they are lost forever. I got my favorite dude killed. :(

That happened to me once lol, I need to play that game again.

Avatar image for Terrencec06
#108 Edited by Terrencec06 (4018 posts) -
Loading Video...

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
#109 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13400 posts) -

Haha. Metal Gear!? Kevin Hart knows what's up!

@Young_Charter It's a lightweight. It runs like water on my system.

      • Minimum:

    • OS: XP SP3
    • Processor: Core 2 Duo 2.4GHz (E6600) / Athlon X64 3400
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Radeon HD 2600 XT / GeForce 9600 GSO / Intel HD 3000
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
      • Recommended:

    • OS: Windows 7
    • Processor: Intel Core i5 series or equivalent
    • Memory: 2 GB RAM
    • Graphics: Radeon HD 4750 / GeForce GT 240 / Intel HD 4000
    • DirectX: Version 9.0c
    • Hard Drive: 3 GB available space
Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#110 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

Ordered a 24" IPS monitor...

My current monitor is fine but the viewing angles are just so bad...

Avatar image for starwarsjunky
#111 Posted by starwarsjunky (24765 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Ordered a 24" IPS monitor...

My current monitor is fine but the viewing angles are just so bad...

i've been getting the upgrade bug really bad. and i don't really have any problems with my current righ. so far i've kept myself from going to newegg, but i think its just a matter of time...

Avatar image for starwarsjunky
#112 Posted by starwarsjunky (24765 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

so far i've kept myself from going to newegg, but i think its just a matter of time...

never mind....

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#113 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@starwarsjunky said:

so far i've kept myself from going to newegg, but i think its just a matter of time...

never mind....

Haha yeah.. I really want to upgrade some real parts (CPU, motherboard, gpu) but I don't really need to upgrade any right at this moment... Every time I ask for advice everyone tells me NO NO NO NO NO... So I figured I'd get a nice case and a nice monitor.

Avatar image for starwarsjunky
#114 Edited by starwarsjunky (24765 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@starwarsjunky said:

so far i've kept myself from going to newegg, but i think its just a matter of time...

never mind....

Haha yeah.. I really want to upgrade some real parts (CPU, motherboard, gpu) but I don't really need to upgrade any right at this moment... Every time I ask for advice everyone tells me NO NO NO NO NO... So I figured I'd get a nice case and a nice monitor.

its had the cpu overheat a couple times, and i'm still using my sandybridge cpu, so i'm thinking of getting a new CPU and a new fan. wouldn't be *too* expensive. lol. ~365 for both.

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#115 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

I don't think I'll ever actually play binding of isaac because the art style grosses me out, but damn that title screen music is THE BEST.

well, dragons dogma has the best title screen music by default, the binding of isaacs is so fucking good.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#116 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

made a comment on ign that Free-to-play games on Xbox Live aren't free, because you pay for live. I didn't think people were that butthurt just because of that comment

Avatar image for starwarsjunky
#117 Posted by starwarsjunky (24765 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

made a comment on ign that Free-to-play games on Xbox Live aren't free, because you pay for live. I didn't think people were that butthurt just because of that comment

lol. its like saying the PS+ games are free...gotta love stupid people =P

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#118 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

made a comment on ign that Free-to-play games on Xbox Live aren't free, because you pay for live. I didn't think people were that butthurt just because of that comment

Eh, if you have an Xbox you are going to have Live anyway.. That is the way I look at the PS4 now because of gating online behind a paywall..

Imo f2p + games with gold games on Xbox Live are free and the "free" games on PS+ are free because I'm not buying either service for the game selection, but the ability to play games online.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#119 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

made a comment on ign that Free-to-play games on Xbox Live aren't free, because you pay for live. I didn't think people were that butthurt just because of that comment

lol. its like saying the PS+ games are free...gotta love stupid people =P

Exactly, they are a perk. But not free

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

made a comment on ign that Free-to-play games on Xbox Live aren't free, because you pay for live. I didn't think people were that butthurt just because of that comment

Eh, if you have an Xbox you are going to have Live anyway.. That is the way I look at the PS4 now because of gating online behind a paywall..

Imo f2p + games with gold games on Xbox Live are free and the "free" games on PS+ are free because I'm not buying either service for the game selection, but the ability to play games online.

Not me or 30+ million 360 users. I play games for singleplayer and i refuse to pay for something i get free on other platforms

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#120 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

A majority of users definitely pay for it... Back in 2006 Xbox Live had a 60% attach rate so I imagine that number is much much higher now.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#121 Posted by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

A majority of users definitely pay for it... Back in 2006 Xbox Live had a 60% attach rate so I imagine that number is much much higher now.

i know last time i checked there were 30+ millions that didn't have it

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#122 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

A majority of users definitely pay for it... Back in 2006 Xbox Live had a 60% attach rate so I imagine that number is much much higher now.

i know last time i checked there were 30+ millions that didn't have it

If you have sources I wouldn't mind seeing them.. Attach rate for PS+ and XBL is actually pretty interesting to me..

The last time I see Microsoft making attach rates public were back in 2006.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/13/xbox-live-attach-rate-has-grown-50-percent-from-xbox-to-xbox-36/

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10054

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#123 Edited by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

Ah, found an article from 2013 saying 46/77m 360 owners have Xbox Live.

Attach rate staying more or less the same.. Interesting.

I'd never own a Xbox without Live though.. Granted, I'll probably never own an Xbox again unless Quantum Break turns out amazing.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
#124 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13400 posts) -

I'm still not sure wtf Quantum Break was even supposed to be...

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#125 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

I'm still not sure wtf Quantum Break was even supposed to be...

I have no idea... Other than it has tons of FMV and if I remember right it's a typical Remedy third person shooter..

I forgot I finished Alan Wake's American Nightmare last night.. I can't remember what happened but I know I liked it! They use FMV and real time gaming together soooo well in that game. Really excited to see what they do with a better engine, a new IP, and (presumably) a large budget.

Avatar image for starwarsjunky
#126 Posted by starwarsjunky (24765 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Ah, found an article from 2013 saying 46/77m 360 owners have Xbox Live.

Attach rate staying more or less the same.. Interesting.

I'd never own a Xbox without Live though.. Granted, I'll probably never own an Xbox again unless Quantum Break turns out amazing.

sounds low. or is this counting the rrod's?

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#127 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

@starwarsjunky said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Ah, found an article from 2013 saying 46/77m 360 owners have Xbox Live.

Attach rate staying more or less the same.. Interesting.

I'd never own a Xbox without Live though.. Granted, I'll probably never own an Xbox again unless Quantum Break turns out amazing.

sounds low. or is this counting the rrod's?

Not a clue.. I would imagine no, but how would they track that...

Though what is 46 million times 60 dollars? Hint: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Avatar image for starwarsjunky
#128 Posted by starwarsjunky (24765 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@starwarsjunky said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Ah, found an article from 2013 saying 46/77m 360 owners have Xbox Live.

Attach rate staying more or less the same.. Interesting.

I'd never own a Xbox without Live though.. Granted, I'll probably never own an Xbox again unless Quantum Break turns out amazing.

sounds low. or is this counting the rrod's?

Not a clue.. I would imagine no, but how would they track that...

Though what is 46 million times 60 dollars? Hint: !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lol. but how would they know? many people who got rrod didn't send it back.

Avatar image for LightR
#129 Posted by LightR (17737 posts) -

The Lego Movie was good. It had quite a few hilarious moments.

Avatar image for hazelnutman
#130 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -

God, why is GameSpot so slow, buggy, and painful to navigate now? :/

Welp, I guess I'll see you all in another year or three.

Avatar image for The_Last_Ride
#131 Edited by The_Last_Ride (76371 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@The_Last_Ride said:

@MethodManFTW said:

A majority of users definitely pay for it... Back in 2006 Xbox Live had a 60% attach rate so I imagine that number is much much higher now.

i know last time i checked there were 30+ millions that didn't have it

If you have sources I wouldn't mind seeing them.. Attach rate for PS+ and XBL is actually pretty interesting to me..

The last time I see Microsoft making attach rates public were back in 2006.

http://www.joystiq.com/2006/07/13/xbox-live-attach-rate-has-grown-50-percent-from-xbox-to-xbox-36/

http://www.gamasutra.com/php-bin/news_index.php?story=10054

http://www.forbes.com/sites/insertcoin/2013/04/20/always-on-microsoft-xbox-live-subscriptions-up-to-46m-will-never-be-free/

that was last year, i would say it's around 50 now

"Microsoft says that Xbox Live subscriptionsare up 18% over last year, reaching a grand total of 46M, out of 77M Xboxes sold."

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#132 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

How would you know it's around 50% now? :O

Avatar image for Terrencec06
#133 Posted by Terrencec06 (4018 posts) -

So after not playing it for a while I finally finished Far Cry 3 Blood Dragon.... That ending was hilarious. One of the better DLC's out to date.

Avatar image for Young_Charter
#134 Posted by Young_Charter (20057 posts) -

Wow.... They let themselves go..

Loading Video...

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
#135 Posted by MrSelf-Destruct (13400 posts) -

Guys. A new Arkham game, guys. By Rocksteady. Guys, you can drive the batmobile in this one. Oh my god, guys.

Avatar image for Texas2089
#136 Posted by Texas2089 (16490 posts) -

Batman Arkham Knight? Yes please. Glad to see Rocksteady back at the helm on this one too. And now that we're not doing any more of that origin bullshit and needing a 'younger' Batmna, can we please get Kevin Conroy back?

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#137 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

Wooo, PS4 or PC though....

Hopefully I'll have a new GPU by then..

What you guys think for release date? This fall would be sweet.

Avatar image for Texas2089
#138 Edited by Texas2089 (16490 posts) -

@hazelnutman said:

God, why is GameSpot so slow, buggy, and painful to navigate now? :/

Welp, I guess I'll see you all in another year or three.

Hazel! How you doing man? Stick around for a bit. We just got this new Lounge and swj hasn't stunk it up too bad yet. Who knows how it'll smell in a year or three. If you hang around you'll just get used to it :P

Avatar image for Texas2089
#139 Edited by Texas2089 (16490 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Wooo, PS4 or PC though....

Hopefully I'll have a new GPU by then..

What you guys think for release date? This fall would be sweet.

It says 2014 so I would assume this fall. And I'm probably going PC since idk if I'll even have my PS4 by then.

Avatar image for MrSelf-Destruct
#140 Edited by MrSelf-Destruct (13400 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

Wooo, PS4 or PC though....

Hopefully I'll have a new GPU by then..

What you guys think for release date? This fall would be sweet.

Fall would be great. I'm really excited to see that it's "next" gen only. That game is going to be so sexy.

And yes, please, let's get Conroy back into the fold.

Avatar image for Texas2089
#141 Posted by Texas2089 (16490 posts) -

Is it bad that I'm buying inFamous SS Day 1 JUST to get the Cole DLC even though I don't even have a PS4 yet and probably won't for some time?

Avatar image for hazelnutman
#142 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -
@Texas2089 said:

@hazelnutman said:

God, why is GameSpot so slow, buggy, and painful to navigate now? :/

Welp, I guess I'll see you all in another year or three.

Hazel! How you doing man? Stick around for a bit. We just got this new Lounge and swj hasn't stunk it up too bad yet. Who knows how it'll smell in a year or three. If you hang around you'll just get used to it :P

Haha, we'll see. Been busy with the army though. Maybe in a bit, and definitely after I get myself a sexy new signature that's sure to get me suspended again. ;)

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#143 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

@hazelnutman said:
@Texas2089 said:

@hazelnutman said:

God, why is GameSpot so slow, buggy, and painful to navigate now? :/

Welp, I guess I'll see you all in another year or three.

Hazel! How you doing man? Stick around for a bit. We just got this new Lounge and swj hasn't stunk it up too bad yet. Who knows how it'll smell in a year or three. If you hang around you'll just get used to it :P

Haha, we'll see. Been busy with the army though. Maybe in a bit, and definitely after I get myself a sexy new signature that's sure to get me suspended again. ;)

Dude. :( People use these forums at work!! :P

Anyhow, wow, I would of never pictured you in the army! Good for you man.

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#144 Edited by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

@MrSelf-Destruct said:

@MethodManFTW said:

Wooo, PS4 or PC though....

Hopefully I'll have a new GPU by then..

What you guys think for release date? This fall would be sweet.

Fall would be great. I'm really excited to see that it's "next" gen only. That game is going to be so sexy.

And yes, please, let's get Conroy back into the fold.

Yeah I think that is awesome... Though a strange business decision.. I figured everything was going to be cross gen for a few years.

Being next gen only probably means it will kick the shit outta my GTX 660 though. :P

Avatar image for ryrulez
#145 Posted by ryrulez (11605 posts) -

Arkham Knight is a real dumb name and also doesn't seem to make sense? You can't just mash batman shit together, guys.

Also, reminder that Arkham City was lame.

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#146 Edited by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

Arkham Knight is a real dumb name and also doesn't seem to make sense? You can't just mash batman shit together, guys.

Also, reminder that Arkham City was lame.

I loved Arkham City.

But yeah, Arkham Knight doesn't make sense, but does it really matter? It is just branding..

Avatar image for hazelnutman
#147 Posted by hazelnutman (9688 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@hazelnutman said:
@Texas2089 said:

@hazelnutman said:

God, why is GameSpot so slow, buggy, and painful to navigate now? :/

Welp, I guess I'll see you all in another year or three.

Hazel! How you doing man? Stick around for a bit. We just got this new Lounge and swj hasn't stunk it up too bad yet. Who knows how it'll smell in a year or three. If you hang around you'll just get used to it :P

Haha, we'll see. Been busy with the army though. Maybe in a bit, and definitely after I get myself a sexy new signature that's sure to get me suspended again. ;)

Dude. :( People use these forums at work!! :P

Anyhow, wow, I would of never pictured you in the army! Good for you man.

Haha, well, I DO need something to do when I'm sitting in classes. I'm still a university student too, you know.

I'll sit my ass in front of photoshop and see if I can think of something.

Avatar image for ryrulez
#148 Posted by ryrulez (11605 posts) -

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

Arkham Knight is a real dumb name and also doesn't seem to make sense? You can't just mash batman shit together, guys.

Also, reminder that Arkham City was lame.

I loved Arkham City.

But yeah, Arkham Knight doesn't make sense, but does it really matter? It is just branding..

I needed something to be negative about and the name is all I know.

Avatar image for MethodManFTW
#149 Posted by MethodManFTW (26516 posts) -

@ryrulez said:

@MethodManFTW said:

@ryrulez said:

Arkham Knight is a real dumb name and also doesn't seem to make sense? You can't just mash batman shit together, guys.

Also, reminder that Arkham City was lame.

I loved Arkham City.

But yeah, Arkham Knight doesn't make sense, but does it really matter? It is just branding..

I needed something to be negative about and the name is all I know.

loooooooooooooooooool

Avatar image for Texas2089
#150 Posted by Texas2089 (16490 posts) -

@hazelnutman said:
@Texas2089 said:

@hazelnutman said:

God, why is GameSpot so slow, buggy, and painful to navigate now? :/

Welp, I guess I'll see you all in another year or three.

Hazel! How you doing man? Stick around for a bit. We just got this new Lounge and swj hasn't stunk it up too bad yet. Who knows how it'll smell in a year or three. If you hang around you'll just get used to it :P

Haha, we'll see. Been busy with the army though. Maybe in a bit, and definitely after I get myself a sexy new signature that's sure to get me suspended again. ;)

Wow the army. Good for you man. Hope things are going well. Really looking forward to another seductive anime signature. Unfortunately the new GS doesn't allow gif in sigs so your old sig with the girl eating the cherry or whatever won't work. Just doll something up though. I know you can do it :P