Whats your favourite sports OT ?

• 124 results
#1 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

Sports you love to watch on TV/ Stadium or play in real life OT?

Football, Cricket :)

Avatar image for deactivated-5b797108c254e
#2 Posted by deactivated-5b797108c254e (11245 posts) -

Basketball. It's the only sport I actually have patience to watch (although all those breaks are annoying...); I also love playing it in video games and I play it in real life (always manage to collect 5 or so new bruises every practice XD)

#3 Posted by Master_Live (19158 posts) -
  • MLB
  • NBA
  • Golf (If Tiger is playing).
  • Tennis
  • College Football
  • College Basketball
  • NFL
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • NASCAR
#4 Edited by br0kenrabbit (15500 posts) -

I play flick-ball with dust bunnies and navel lint.

#5 Posted by Master_Live (19158 posts) -

I play table tennis.

:D

#6 Posted by johnd13 (9455 posts) -

Football and tennis. I sometimes like to play table tennis.

#7 Edited by indzman (27735 posts) -

@Master_Live said:
  • MLB
  • NBA
  • Tennis
  • College Football
  • College Basketball
  • NFL
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • NASCAR

mhm, seems you love sports very much. Play any of these games in real life master ? :)

#8 Edited by hippiesanta (10299 posts) -

real life - videogames, scrabbles (include digital version)

watching / event - skateboard, bmx

#9 Edited by Master_Live (19158 posts) -

@indzman said:

@Master_Live said:
  • MLB
  • NBA
  • Tennis
  • College Football
  • College Basketball
  • NFL
  • Boxing
  • UFC
  • NASCAR

mhm, seems you love sports very much. Play any of these games in real life master ? :)

Nah. I did basketball, karate and table tennis when younger (not all at the same time) but table tennis stayed with me since it was easy for my brother to pick it up and play with me.

Now I just do weights/table tennis.

Avatar image for LostProphetFLCL
#11 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (18526 posts) -

Football, baseball, and hockey for me. Fun thing is Detroit now has solid teams for all 3 of those sports!

#12 Posted by aretilda (499 posts) -

I like all the major sports except for Tennis, Baseball, Golf (hate those). But I don't like watching them much I love playing them though either in real life or through video games in fact I just bought Madden NFL 25 for Xbox One (football) can't wait!

#13 Posted by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

I follow baseball most closely, followed by U.S. Football (NFL). I enjoy hockey, but only when the Red Wings are good. I love playing golf and alpine skiing. Those are the only two sports I play these days.

#14 Edited by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL said:

Football, baseball, and hockey for me. Fun thing is Detroit now has solid teams for all 3 of those sports!

I've never cared for the Lions or Pistons, but I'm a die hard Tigers and Red Wings fan.

#15 Edited by comp_atkins (35285 posts) -

to play, soccer primarily

to watch: F1 and occasionally NFL/NHL

#16 Edited by top_lel (886 posts) -

@korvus said:

Basketball. It's the only sport I actually have patience to watch (although all those breaks are annoying...); I also love playing it in video games and I play it in real life (always manage to collect 5 or so new bruises every practice XD)

Same story here. Albeit I don't have much time to watch NBA. But I do spend four hours at Basketball practice every day.

#17 Posted by deactivated-5b797108c254e (11245 posts) -

@top_lel said:

Same story here. Albeit I don't have much time to watch NBA. But I do spend four hours at Basketball practice every day.

Yeah, with a game every 2 days it's hard to watch them all. What I normally do is download a condensed version of the games (they only show the plays, instead of the whole game), it does kill the immersion quite a bit but in 15 minutes you've watched a game and then I watch fully the matches I have more interest in watching.

#18 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

I want to challenge Korvus mano a mano on a Taekwondo ring and see in how much time i get KO'd

#19 Posted by deactivated-5b797108c254e (11245 posts) -

@indzman: Probably longer than you'd think. I always refused to do KO tournaments...it's one thing to do it for points but actually using martial arts to hurt someone without being in self-defense is not my thing. I'd probably just try to scare you into quitting before hurting you XD

#20 Edited by top_lel (886 posts) -

@korvus said:

@top_lel said:

Yeah, with a game every 2 days it's hard to watch them all. What I normally do is download a condensed version of the games (they only show the plays, instead of the whole game), it does kill the immersion quite a bit but in 15 minutes you've watched a game and then I watch fully the matches I have more interest in watching.

I just find random videos on the official page of NBA on facebook. Where do you download them?

#21 Edited by GazaAli (25216 posts) -

I used to be a football enthusiast a really long time ago back when I used to play it. Now I don't care for sports and its been like that for a few years. Maybe if I were presented with the opportunity to get into some sport like basketball I'd take it but sports' fandom isn't for me that much I'm 100% positive of. Such a waste of time.

I do work out however that has nothing to do with any of it.

#22 Edited by indzman (27735 posts) -

@korvus said:

@indzman: Probably longer than you'd think. I always refused to do KO tournaments...it's one thing to do it for points but actually using martial arts to hurt someone without being in self-defense is not my thing. I'd probably just try to scare you into quitting before hurting you XD

#23 Edited by deactivated-5b797108c254e (11245 posts) -

@indzman: On the bright side, I'm not your father =P

@top_lel: Don't think I can post it here; it's against the TOU. Downloading is legal here but that's not the case everywhere so if I give you link I get a warning for "encouraging piracy" =P

#24 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (18526 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I've never cared for the Lions or Pistons, but I'm a die hard Tigers and Red Wings fan.

The Lions have been pretty awesome this year! Pistons suck though...

#25 Posted by bforrester420 (3480 posts) -

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@bforrester420 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I grew up in Indiana, but surprisingly, I never cared about basketball as a kid. Baseball was the only sport that existed until I was a teen. My mom was from the Detroit area and I remember watching the '84 World Series. I was 5 year old at the time and had just started playing baseball, so from that moment I became a Tigers fan for life.

Fast forward to junior year of high school, I had moved to the northern suburbs of Detroit (23 Mile Rd). I knew nothing of hockey and caught the fever from the Yzerman/Federov/Paul Coffey Red Wings of '94. I've been a hockey fan ever since.

I still don't care much for basketball (used to love to play, enjoy the college game but not NBA) and I'm only a casual football fan (Colts, naturally).

#26 Posted by thegerg (18446 posts) -

I enjoy watching football and hockey. I play tennis, and I run and ski.

#27 Edited by Lord_Daemon (24521 posts) -
  1. MMA
  2. Sumo
  3. Hockey
  4. Tennis
#28 Edited by LostProphetFLCL (18526 posts) -

@bforrester420 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

@bforrester420 said:

@LostProphetFLCL said:

I grew up in Indiana, but surprisingly, I never cared about basketball as a kid. Baseball was the only sport that existed until I was a teen. My mom was from the Detroit area and I remember watching the '84 World Series. I was 5 year old at the time and had just started playing baseball, so from that moment I became a Tigers fan for life.

Fast forward to junior year of high school, I had moved to the northern suburbs of Detroit (23 Mile Rd). I knew nothing of hockey and caught the fever from the Yzerman/Federov/Paul Coffey Red Wings of '94. I've been a hockey fan ever since.

I still don't care much for basketball (used to love to play, enjoy the college game but not NBA) and I'm only a casual football fan (Colts, naturally).

I have lived in the general Metro-Detroit area all my life. As a kid I wasn't really into sports but REALLY got into hockey. Used to go watch Vipers games, and then my family as a whole was intently watching the the Red Wings playoffs in both 97 and 98. Remember going downtown for celebrations after they had won the Stanley cup. Was pretty magical.

Only recently have I started enjoying baseball and football. It was actually the fault of my job. As a CNA I am taking care of people, and they have TV's in their rooms. I happened to see some Tigers and Lions play and got really hooked. Now I make a point of trying to watch their games when I can. Been wonderful watching the Lions lately. They really are a team to take seriously now which is just awesome for someone who was a bit young to remember the glory days of Barry Sanders awesomeness.

#29 Posted by brimmul777 (3836 posts) -

National Hockey League.Calgary Flames fan.New York Islanders fan.New Jersey Devils fan.

#30 Edited by konvikt_17 (22378 posts) -

really only sports i watch are Football and Baseball.

though recently its just been Football that i enjoy watching. i can watch games with teams i dont even care about and still enjoy it.

Go Eagles!!!

-

of all the sports i have taken apart in, id say the one i did pretty well at and had fun playing, was ultimate frisbee.

#31 Posted by indzman (27735 posts) -

@thegerg said:

I play tennis, and I run and ski.

Hmmm ?

#32 Posted by thegerg (18446 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Hmmm ?

What?

#33 Edited by indzman (27735 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Hmmm ?

What?

Do you run daily? How much ground you cover in kms at average?

#34 Posted by thegerg (18446 posts) -

@indzman: I run anywhere from 5 to 9 times a week. Distance and speed varies.

#35 Posted by deactivated-5b797108c254e (11245 posts) -

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

@indzman said:

@thegerg said:

Hmmm ?

What?

Do you run daily? How much ground you cover in kms at average?

I run too but somehow never thought to check distances; am I weird?

Avatar image for deactivated-5b1e62582e305
#36 Posted by deactivated-5b1e62582e305 (30778 posts) -

1. Football (the real kind)
2. Basketball
3. various others casually

#37 Posted by LJS9502_basic (165249 posts) -

Watch.....Ice Hockey, football and the odd soccer game. Play....soccer.

#38 Edited by Gamerno6666 (6250 posts) -

@indzman said:

Football, Cricket :)

#39 Posted by thegerg (18446 posts) -

@korvus: Not at all.

#40 Posted by SaintLeonidas (26735 posts) -

Football > Basketball > Baseball > USWNT > All other sports.

#41 Posted by Curlyfrii87 (15051 posts) -

Hockey is my only sport

Avatar image for Jolt_counter119
#42 Posted by Jolt_counter119 (4226 posts) -

I like watching Basketball, football, baseball, mma, boxing, and occasionaly nhl, and soccer only during the world cup.

I did collegiate/freestyle wrestling basically my entire life just recently deciding to stop, and I boxed and played baseball. Baseball was definitely the funnest.

#43 Posted by sukraj (27803 posts) -

I like watching football, boxing and tennis.

#44 Posted by 35cent (934 posts) -

I mainly watch motorsports (F1, GP2 and the Le Mans 24h with a drizzle of rallying) and I like to watch football (soccer) as well.

#46 Posted by EPICCOMMANDER (1109 posts) -

Mainly I just watch basketball (NBA, and collegiate).

#47 Edited by Behardy24 (5324 posts) -

I like watching Pro Wrestling (Sports Entertainment)

#48 Posted by themajormayor (25728 posts) -

The only sport I think is worth playing and watching is obviously football.

#49 Posted by thegerg (18446 posts) -

@themajormayor: In what way is that obvious?

#50 Posted by themajormayor (25728 posts) -

@thegerg said:

@themajormayor: In what way is that obvious?

Because it is the most popular sport in the world.