What is your favourite car?

• 69 results
#1 Edited by Jackamomo (1262 posts) -

I am going with the Mini Cooper.

EDIT: Please post a picture. I was intending this thread to be a bit of a picture gallery.

I just found out it was in production from 1959 until the year 2000 which is amazing.

It's a rally thoroughbred and it's one of the most charming cars ever.

I dream of one day owning one.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mini#International_Rally_victories

I would also put the Ford Capri in second for looks.

#2 Edited by one_plum (6539 posts) -

Toyota Corolla. Sure it has a reputation to be boring, but I've spent almost 30 years riding/driving in the same Corolla until it finally bit the dust this year. It felt a bit like Tom Hanks losing Wilson. The new Corolla Hatchback looks interesting and reviews seem to indicate that it is the most fun Corolla to drive in a long while, so if I were to buy a new car now, that would be the one.

Honourable mentions:

Subaru WRX STI. A compact rally car for the adventurer. The engine sounds amazing. I have a love/hate relationship with its oversized spoiler though.

Mercedes Benz Sprinter. If I could quit the 9-5 lifestyle, I would live on the road in an inconspicuous Sprinter.

#3 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42399 posts) -

The one that doesn't break down, doesn't cost more than 20k, has solid but not extravagant features, and a chain instead of a timing belt because I hate paying 1000 dollars every time that thing breaks.

But...if you're asking me what car I want, I'd like an early-to-mid-90's Jeep XJ (Cherokee) with a 4-5.5" in lift, 35" tires, and solid built axles with selectable lockers in them.

#4 Edited by jun_aka_pekto (24544 posts) -

For long road trips? Based from previous experiences, the family wants to return to the minivan.

Personally, there's no more comfortable car short of an RV.

#5 Posted by Boycie (4600 posts) -

Knight Rider

#6 Posted by Jag85 (12408 posts) -

I'm happy with my current Mercedes.

#7 Edited by Jackamomo (1262 posts) -

@boycie: that's a 'Kit' car haww haww haww...

#8 Posted by thehig1 (7013 posts) -

@jackamomo: Mini Coopers now, around £4000 and up.

If your ever going to get one do it sooner rather than later their value will only rise

#9 Posted by Jackamomo (1262 posts) -

@thehig1: what is amazing about Mini's is that they were in production for 51 years so there are normal Minis for £300 working.

It's a reliable and simple design which I think is a major selling point.

I wonder how much it would be to refit a normal Mini to a Cooper spec?

#10 Edited by Todddow (889 posts) -

Lambo Reventon

6th Gen Camaro ZL1

5th Gen Camaro Z/28

I also like modern Challengers and S197 Mustangs. I think the S550 Mustang is FUGLY. Also a huge fan of the looks of old school American Muscle Cars, but after owning a 1969 Mustang Fastback for over a decade, I hate the maintenance that comes with the old cars. I was REALLY close on pulling the trigger on a head/cam 2014 Camaro Z/28 a few months ago, but decided to wait and see what the market does this winter. The LS7 engine in the Z/28 is the best sounding modern engine that I've heard. I was surprised to find out that even Chris Harris thinks so, "It's one of the great sounds in the motoring world." "Why doesn't everyone have one of these?"

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#11 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (976 posts) -

Mclaren Senna.

#12 Posted by Jackamomo (1262 posts) -

You didn't really need to say did you @mclarenmaster18. ;)

Avatar image for mclarenmaster18
#13 Posted by MclarenMaster18 (976 posts) -

@jackamomo: Should I bring up different cars instead?

#14 Posted by ycdeo (2663 posts) -

Ferrari

#15 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4476 posts) -

Tesla Roadster

#16 Posted by Litchie (22651 posts) -

I don't really have a favorite. I like older cars. Just gotta say your taste in cars is awesome, TC. The mini cooper is really cool.

#17 Posted by goodzorr (411 posts) -

These are my brother and my Dad's cars. My Dad built the AC Cobra replica over about 6 years and it's been running for almost 15 years now (it's only done about 7k miles). It has a 4.5l Rover V8 in it and is definitely a head turner.

My bro's Golf MkII is stripped out and track ready. Roll bars and Recaro bucket seats. That runs at about 550bhp.

Both are absolute monsters and here's me with my standard Golf Mk5 with 110bhp and a 1.4l engine.

My dream car would be a old Dodge Viper GTS, or the black Chevvy Impala that's in Supernatural :D

#18 Edited by MirkoS77 (13522 posts) -

I recently bought my first Subaru, an Imprezza 2.5 RS coupe. Not a WRX unfortunately as I couldn’t afford it, but regardless, the car’s a blast to drive and its rally heritage is easily recognizable.

Now I’m seriously eyeballing the BRZ, Subaru’s sport model. I’d post a pic but am on mobile. Far above what I’d ever be able to afford, but it’s got like twice the HP of my car which is already a lot of fun to drive. One day....one day.

#19 Posted by uninspiredcup (29215 posts) -
Loading Video...

#20 Posted by ycdeo (2663 posts) -

Ever think of wind powered cars? Now I have a more technology advanced idea.

#21 Posted by k--m--k (2773 posts) -

GT -R

Camaro ZL1

C63 AMG

Lancer Evo X (I own)

#22 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78853 posts) -

I love pretty much all Lamborghinis. I've always wanted one for myself until one day, I rode in one and realized they're not all that pleasant to drive. I hate that fact that I had almost zero visibility. Can't remember which model it was. I just remember thinking "I would so not be comfortable driving this thing around".

#23 Posted by iwilson1296 (2410 posts) -

The general lee

#24 Posted by Byshop (19184 posts) -

Tesla Model S.

-Byshop

#25 Posted by vobo (3 posts) -

Ferrari or Mercedes

#26 Posted by comp_atkins (35352 posts) -
@one_plum said:

Toyota Corolla. Sure it has a reputation to be boring, but I've spent almost 30 years riding/driving in the same Corolla until it finally bit the dust this year. It felt a bit like Tom Hanks losing Wilson. The new Corolla Hatchback looks interesting and reviews seem to indicate that it is the most fun Corolla to drive in a long while, so if I were to buy a new car now, that would be the one.

Honourable mentions:

Subaru WRX STI. A compact rally car for the adventurer. The engine sounds amazing. I have a love/hate relationship with its oversized spoiler though.

Mercedes Benz Sprinter. If I could quit the 9-5 lifestyle, I would live on the road in an inconspicuous Sprinter.

airstream does a conversion on the MB sprinter called the "interstate" that look pretty awesome.

#27 Posted by Peasly (225 posts) -

Aston Martin DB5

#28 Edited by qx0d (140 posts) -

Probably Ford. It is one of the most well-known brands. It is an American company. When you purchase a new Ford, you financially help Ford and other businesses in America. It supports the U.S. economy.

#29 Posted by phbz (3835 posts) -

Zonda R and McLaren F1.

#30 Posted by one_plum (6539 posts) -

@comp_atkins: Nice looking Sprinter, though it'll be hard to park this in a city.

#31 Edited by byof_america (1911 posts) -

'70 Hemi Cuda is my favorite

Second would be the Jeep Wagoneer

@one_plum: always liked the look of the '89 Corolla GTS

#32 Posted by comp_atkins (35352 posts) -
@one_plum said:

@comp_atkins: Nice looking Sprinter, though it'll be hard to park this in a city.

true. but soo much easier than a larger camper

#33 Posted by MadMaxwell (3 posts) -

What about Chevrolet Corvette C2?

Loading Video...
#34 Edited by mobius_basic (550 posts) -

For halo/hyper cars...anything by Pagani or Mclaren.

For non halo cars, I am a huge Lotus fan, own two of them myself an Elise and Evora.

#36 Posted by ycdeo (2663 posts) -

BMW z3

#38 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15574 posts) -

One that runs.

Never understood this fascination with cars. If I didn't need one I wouldn't have one.

#39 Edited by Todddow (889 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit: Same as any other hobby, people (like myself) get interested and hooked on them. I love learning about new engines/cars and upgrading them to make the car better and faster.

I also love the looks of a lot of muscle and sports cars.

#40 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15574 posts) -

@todddow said:

@br0kenrabbit: Same as any other hobby, people (like myself) get interested and hooked on them. I love learning about new engines/cars and upgrading them to make the car better and faster.

Meh. Even the best cars I've had, no previous owner, have been a pain in the ass. If there was good public transport here (or any at all) I'd so ditch the car.

I rode a Harley for a few years just to avoid wear and tear on the car, but dag dang people do not watch out for you on a bike. Bastards will pull right out in front of you.

#41 Posted by Todddow (889 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit: What cars have you had?

#42 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15574 posts) -

@todddow said:

@br0kenrabbit: What cars have you had?

First car was a 89 Corolla (used) followed by a 91 Corsica, also used. First new car was a 1995 Infiniti Q45. Kept that till 2002 when I got a 2003 Ford Taurus new. Dropped that in 2012 for a 2012 Regal new and I'm still driving it.

#43 Posted by Todddow (889 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit: Yikes, I can see why you don't like cars. That's an awful list, at least from an enthusiast point of view.

#44 Posted by br0kenrabbit (15574 posts) -

@todddow said:

@br0kenrabbit: Yikes, I can see why you don't like cars. That's an awful list, at least from an enthusiast point of view.

I don't race, I don't gather in parking lots to show off my ride, I don't even speed. I signal every turn and every lane change. I slow down when the light turns yellow (if I can) and come to a complete stop at stop signs. Driving scares the shit out of me because I've been in a few accidents, one pretty bad, and not one of them was my fault.

I like bigger cars. If I can do everything right and still get fucked up, I'm going to put as much metal around me as possible.

#45 Edited by Ezekiel43 (735 posts) -

@byof_america said:

'70 Hemi Cuda is my favorite

I don't think I've ever seen such a happy car. She even has dimples.

#46 Edited by Byshop (19184 posts) -

@br0kenrabbit said:
@todddow said:

Meh. Even the best cars I've had, no previous owner, have been a pain in the ass. If there was good public transport here (or any at all) I'd so ditch the car.

I rode a Harley for a few years just to avoid wear and tear on the car, but dag dang people do not watch out for you on a bike. Bastards will pull right out in front of you.

I love driving and having a car.

@br0kenrabbit said:

I don't race, I don't gather in parking lots to show off my ride, I don't even speed. I signal every turn and every lane change. I slow down when the light turns yellow (if I can) and come to a complete stop at stop signs. Driving scares the shit out of me because I've been in a few accidents, one pretty bad, and not one of them was my fault.

I like bigger cars. If I can do everything right and still get fucked up, I'm going to put as much metal around me as possible.

I generally prefer smaller cars, but my current car is a bit of a boat. It's super safe in the event of an accident, though.

-Byshop

#47 Posted by sakaiXx (4200 posts) -

The Porsche Carrera GT. I never liked porsche designs but something about that car that made me hugely attracted to it since I first laid eyes on it in 2005.

#48 Posted by haroldander (10 posts) -

I love Audi and Audi A8 is my dream car.

#49 Posted by poisonknight (7 posts) -

Here the BMW i8, just a show of elegance and power. I think this is my farorite car to get right now.

And I would say for the ecologic potential, plus it is a beauty the TESLA Lucid Air 2019

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ePJ8xcL3HAE amazing !

Starting price: $60k

#50 Edited by sayto2018 (1 posts) -

My favorite would be CAN AM MAVERIC X3 X rs, it is not exactly a car but hmm I love it !!!