Did you like Solo?

#1 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78990 posts) -

I really enjoyed it, surprisingly. Haven't been liking the new Star Wars much lately (except for Force Awakens, which was decent). But just about everything in Solo I loved. I thought they did a very good job with it.

Avatar image for deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85
#2 Posted by deactivated-5c2e78cbd8d85 (210 posts) -

It was alright. Better than Rogue One and The Last Jedi.

#3 Posted by johnd13 (9550 posts) -

I enjoyed it. Wasn't anything special but still a good watch. I still believe it was an unnecessary origin story though. Much rather they did an Obi Wan movie instead.

#4 Posted by DaVillain- (33758 posts) -

Solo wasn't a bad film by any means, it wasn't what I expected for an actual Star Wars film, but it wasn't bad, just wasn't nowhere near as good as Rogue One. Lando stole the spotlight more then Han did, the Villain was weak, Kessel Run was good and near the end of the film, you have Darth Maul reveal as the Crime Boss Leader was just fan service at best and flashing his Double-Blade Lightsaber was proof of it. I give Solo a 6/10. Wasn't the best nor worst, just average at best.

#5 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78990 posts) -
@davillain- said:

Solo wasn't a bad film by any means, it wasn't what I expected for an actual Star Wars film, but it wasn't bad, just wasn't nowhere near as good as Rogue One. Lando stole the spotlight more then Han did, the Villain was weak, Kessel Run was good and near the end of the film, you have Darth Maul reveal as the Crime Boss Leader was just fan service at best and flashing his Double-Blade Lightsaber was proof of it. I give Solo a 6/10. Wasn't the best nor worst, just average at best.

Yeah that double light sabre was just gratuitous.

#6 Posted by nintendoboy16 (35573 posts) -

Yes! My least favorite of the Disney flicks, but I still had fun.

#7 Posted by DEVILinIRON (4571 posts) -

I know enjoyed it. But I can't remember anything that happened in it.

#8 Posted by Peasly (247 posts) -

I found this film refreshing, i like what they did with it making it a stand alone. Didn't much like Rogue One..

#9 Posted by VFighter (4184 posts) -

It wasn't as good as Rogue One, but it was still really good. Really hope Disney makes a direct sequel to it as I'd love to see the storycontinue and unfold.

#10 Posted by Litchie (22900 posts) -

Haven't seen it as it looks embarrassing, and the new SW movies before it were some of the worst movies I've ever seen. Highly doubt Solo is good.

#11 Posted by Evil_Loli (83 posts) -

Solo for the most parts was really fun to watch but the only thing that bother me was the whole Han rescue Chewie and I never heard Chewi said anything of "Life-debt" and I always wonder why this was never address? Still though, I like it, I give it a 8/10.

#12 Posted by VFighter (4184 posts) -

@Litchie: Nice hyperbole.

#13 Posted by GTR12 (13293 posts) -

Yep I like it, especially on a hot day like it was today, its quite refreshing.

I'll be drinking more this summer.

#14 Posted by sealionact (3381 posts) -

I seem to remember thinking it wasn't bad....but I can't remember the plot, which says a lot. Han meets Chewie and does stuff I guess.

#15 Posted by shellcase86 (4174 posts) -

I thought it was pretty good. Very entertaining, and exceeded my expectations. Didn't expect to like the casting for Lando and Han, but I felt both did a good job.

#16 Posted by CrimsonBrute (25238 posts) -

No. It was a movie about everybody's favorite scruffy looking nerf herder that NO ONE asked for.