Bohemian Rhapsody wins the box office weekend!

#1 Posted by DaVillain- (33086 posts) -
  1. Bohemian Rhapsody - $50.0 Million (new release)
  2. The Nutcracker and the Four Realms - $20.0 Million (new release)
  3. Nobody's Fool - $14.0 Million (new release)
  4. A Star is Born - $11.1 Million
  5. Halloween - $11.0 Million
  6. Venom - $7.8 Million
  7. Smallfoot - $3.8 Million
  8. Goosebumps 2 - $3.7 Million
  9. Hunter Killer - $3.5 Million
  10. The Hate U Give - $3.4 Million

Nothing really to say here. Good weekend I guess for Bohemian Rhapsody, I'm more surprise The Nutcracker and the Four Realms didn't even cut it near Bohemian Rhapsody but overall, it felt like a slow weekend and more so since this is the first weekend of November. Didn't see nothing this weekend so can't say what to go watch :(

November 2-4 mojo's box office weekend

#2 Edited by Solaryellow (4490 posts) -

The nutcracker can't compete with Freddie Mercury. Even with the obvious artistic licensing witnessed in the film, it was well done.

Edit: One thing I have found laughable over recent years is what has become of the Gerald whatshisname who starred in 300. Nowadays his films are nothing short of crap.

#3 Posted by DaVillain- (33086 posts) -

@Solaryellow said:

The nutcracker can't compete with Freddie Mercury. Even with the obvious artistic licensing witnessed in the film, it was well done.

Edit: One thing I have found laughable over recent years is what has become of the Gerald whatshisname who starred in 300. Nowadays his films are nothing short of crap.

After 300, Gerald Butler has become a hit or a miss. I only like him when he's in one of those Olympus has Fallen/London has Fallen films when it involves saving the President from Terrorist and that's about it. He did okay in Gods of Egypt but that's about it.

#4 Posted by Hallenbeck77 (15559 posts) -
@davillain- said:
He did okay in Gods of Egypt but that's about it.

Oof. The one where most of the Egyptians predominantly had British accents and the effects looked like an episode of Power Rangers? I don't even think I made it through that one before bailing.

#5 Posted by Solaryellow (4490 posts) -

He's on the verge of becoming type cast and IMO he hasn't panned out to be the next big star like Hollywood hoped some years ago when he as being pushed.

#6 Posted by DaVillain- (33086 posts) -

@hallenbeck77: At the time, I didn't know much of Egyptian Gods Mythology. Gods of Egypt was the only source I could get to know something out of it lol. But yeah, it wasn't the best, but I thought Gerald Butler did the best he could as a villain.

#7 Posted by mrbojangles25 (42420 posts) -

@davillain- said:
@Solaryellow said:

After 300, Gerald Butler has become a hit or a miss. I only like him when he's in one of those Olympus has Fallen/London has Fallen films when it involves saving the President from Terrorist and that's about it. He did okay in Gods of Egypt but that's about it.

Law Abiding Citizen was decent as well.

Yeah he is an interesting one, though. I can't help but like him, he seems pretty down to earth. Studied to be a lawyer and actually was one, and did not get into acting until he was older. Seems like he just wants to have fun and make money, which honestly is fine by me, you gotta do what you love I guess haha.

Anyway, I like him in this Mean Tweets moment:

Loading Video...

#8 Posted by Solaryellow (4490 posts) -

God damn, people can be mean as all hell.

#9 Posted by Jag85 (12410 posts) -

Bohemian also won the worldwide box office with nearly $150 million... Pretty sure it's already become the highest-grossing rock biopic of all time.