Pokemon lets go pikachu and evee edition confirm for November 16

#1 Edited by resevl4rlz (3843 posts) -

#2 Edited by KBFloYd (21230 posts) -

interesting. they are giving us a remake first. then the next series "gen 8" pokemon game comes in 2019.

plus the pokemon free to play game... 3 pokemon titles in 2 years! this is why nintendo expects to sell 20million switches.

#3 Edited by KBFloYd (21230 posts) -

the new evee pikachu remake looks good. still top down view however graphics seem to be decent not as bad as thought.

interesting they added couch coop to it. go integration is cool also.

optional motion controls for throwing pokeballs lol.

should be a great game and will scratch nostalgia itch as well.

#4 Edited by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -

The game looks really bad, clearly targeting Go fans and not the core series players. Considering this is the Switch game hyped from the previous e3 I am greatly disappointed.

Wake me when the real S/M sequels get made.

the new evee pikachu remake looks good

No, no it doesn't. The game won't even let you battle wilds, it's essentially a phone game with Yellows setting. Even calling this a "remake" is insulting.

#5 Posted by KBFloYd (21230 posts) -

@RSM-HQ said:

The game looks really bad, clearly targeting Go fans and not the core series players. Considering this is the Switch game hyped from the previous e3 I am greatly disappointed.

Wake me when the real S/M sequels get made.

the new evee pikachu remake looks good

No, no it doesn't. The game won't even let you battle wilds, it's essentially a phone game with Yellows setting. Even calling this a "remake" is insulting.

what? you mean its not a game? you dont fight trainers and get badges at the gyms and beat the final 4 like the original game?

#6 Edited by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -

@KBFloYd:

what? you mean its not a game? you dont fight trainers and get badges at the gyms and beat the final 4 like the original game?

That's a weird claim, I didn't dismiss any of those things, and yet if that's all it has it's still terrible.

Putting nostalgia doesn't hide that it's a mobile sequel in a shallow skin of an old game, even more simplified.

For someone who asked for more layers from the mainline games in a previous thread for the Switch Pokémon game being shown soon_

http://hiddenfallsgolfclub.com/forums/nintendo-fan-club-1000001/will-we-see-pokemon-switch-at-e3-and-33428700/#19

I'm surprised you're suddenly happy with such an awful result, that surprisingly looks worse outside of lighting to S/M on 3DS. Not to mention all its other problems.

This is for Pokémon Go Players and little else.

Don't defend trash. Have some self respect.

#7 Edited by KBFloYd (21230 posts) -

@RSM-HQ said:

@KBFloYd:

That's a weird claim, I didn't dismiss any of those things, and yet if that's all it has it's still terrible.

Putting nostalgia doesn't hide that it's a mobile sequel in a shallow skin of an old game, simplified.

For someone who asked for more depth in a previous thread I'm surprised you're suddenly happy with such an awful result, that surprisingly looks worse outside of lighting to S/M on 3DS.

This is for Pokémon Go Players and little else.

it has no online right? so its not for competetive pokemon players.

as long as it has a story and progression and an ending then i think it will be great. so im in and i am not a go player.

the sales will speak for themselves. the people will judge it with money.

#8 Edited by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -

@KBFloYd:

Didn't seem you cared solely for how a game sold in the previous thread of this topic. . but ok, sure, the game will undoubtedly do very well profit wise. I'm no fool to even how Pokémon spin-offs sell.

Tell Activision and Call of Duty to keep up the good work, they clearly make the best games in the world. . .

#9 Posted by KBFloYd (21230 posts) -

@RSM-HQ said:

@KBFloYd:

Didn't seem you cared solely for how a game sold in the previous thread of this topic. . but ok, sure, the game will undoubtedly do very well profit wise. I'm no fool to even how Pokémon spin-offs sell.

Tell Activision and Call of Duty to keep up the good work, they clearly make the best games in the world. . .

what's wrong with playing a pokemon game with a different twist? next year there will be a traditional one.

what's wrong with stepping outside your comfort zone and having a new experience. pokemon could use some freshness no?

#10 Edited by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Dood! I'm clearly salty won't even lie about that. They teased the next "main entry for Switch" last year at e3 as the teams next project. And instead they placed this as a priority, a cheap cash grab_

Almost a year later, instead of seeing that potentially awesome game, we get a filler mobile piece of garbage, partly speaking to an almost dead Pokémon Go crowd and nostalgia in the most shameful way possible.

At this point I'm just angry with what we got shown, and honestly don't get why you're playing defence force. This game looks to be the exact opposite to everything you wanted to see yourself, even if it's not the actual sequel to Sun and Moon.

In fact, why are you supporting this? it looks awful.

At least Smash will be awesome I guess, maybe some Prime 4 to get the sour Go out my mouth also.

#11 Posted by superbuuman (6369 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: Yea a little bit bummed...but hey at least you know there's another Pokemon title coming in 2019 for Switch...as long as its not gonna be Nov 2019..lol..might as well be 2020. :P

Will still be getting this 2018 one...love Gen 1 Pokemons. :P

#12 Edited by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -

@superbuuman: I'll use Rest till 2019 then

it won't be very effective

#13 Posted by Mandzilla (2706 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: Haha :D

#14 Posted by KBFloYd (21230 posts) -

@RSM-HQ said:

@KBFloYd: Dood! I'm clearly salty won't even lie about that. They teased the next "main entry for Switch" last year at e3 as the teams next project. And instead they placed this as a priority, a cheap cash grab_

Almost a year later, instead of seeing that potentially awesome game, we get a filler mobile piece of garbage, partly speaking to an almost dead Pokémon Go crowd and nostalgia in the most shameful way possible.

At this point I'm just angry with what we got shown, and honestly don't get why you're playing defence force. This game looks to be the exact opposite to everything you wanted to see yourself, even if it's not the actual sequel to Sun and Moon.

At least Smash will be awesome I guess, maybe some Prime 4 to get the sour Go out my mouth also.

if this were the only pokemon game then maybe i'd be salty but dude they havnt shown any real gameplay or nothing. just a trailer. so i am not going to go full hate mode like others over a trailer.

ill wait till the game comes out and decide if it sucks then. or until i see more gameplay before release.

i mean they got another game right around the corner next year claiming to be a true core game. so instead of being let down i go right back to the waiting game.

#15 Edited by LuxuryHeart (988 posts) -
@RSM-HQ said:

Dude, be happy they showed this now. They got this one out of the way and will probably show some clips of the 2019 one at E3.

#16 Edited by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -

@luxuryheart:

Dude, be happy they showed this now.

Quite the opposite, and I rarely express anger on the Forums, but that's all the trailer did for me.

They got this one out of the way and will probably show some clips of the 2019 one at E3.

Would love if true, but be realistic and look at it from a marketing and advertising point of view. Something Nintendo are really good at. As @KBFloYd brought up, how would that benefit financial gain when the goal would be to make this sell very well, even at the cost of quality?

The fact they showed this at pre-e3 leads me to believe Let's Go will be the focus for Game Freak for advertising reasons in the foreseeable future. All you will get is more Pokémon Let's Go at e3, maybe a playable demo with some dev interviews.

Why would they show anything of a mainline title now; and perhaps damage sales of this piece of garbage. When they can not, and keep us dry for another year.

I get the new mainline game needs to cook, but considering GameFreak told us last year about the "core" entry and had us hanging for almost a year is very annoying. I'd have accepted a logo and some concept art with it still coming 2019 or later. But this. . . They are taking resources and team members away from that project to feed this trash, and that's what gets under my skin.

And seeing KBFloYd for whatever reason pull a 360 and defend this garabge is beyond me. Spin-offs are fine, but when a team tells you the next game is a mainline entry for Switch and give us this to take in it's very insulting, for me anyway.

#17 Edited by KBFloYd (21230 posts) -

@RSM-HQ said:

@luxuryheart:

Quite the opposite, and I rarely express anger on the Forums, but that's all the trailer did for me.

They got this one out of the way and will probably show some clips of the 2019 one at E3.

Would love if true, but be realistic and look at it from a marketing and advertising point of view. Something Nintendo are really good at. As @KBFloYd brought up, how would that benefit financial gain when the goal would be to make this sell very well, even at the cost of quality?

The fact they showed this at pre-e3 leads me to believe Let's Go will be the focus for Game Freak for advertising reasons in the foreseeable future. All you will get is more Pokémon Let's Go at e3, maybe a playable demo with some dev interviews.

Why would they show anything of a mainline title now; and perhaps damage sales of this piece of garbage. When they can not, and keep us dry for another year.

I get the new mainline game needs to cook, but considering GameFreak told us last year about the "core" entry and had us hanging for almost a year is very annoying. I'd have accepted a logo and some concept art with it still coming 2019 or later. But this. . . They are taking resources and team members away from that project to feed this trash, and that's what gets under my skin.

And seeing KBFloYd for whatever reason pull a 360 and defend this garabge is beyond me. Spin-offs are fine, but when a team tells you the next game is a mainline entry for Switch and give us this to take in it's very insulting, for me anyway.

everything i said i meant for the mainline pokemon game. that game is coming next year.

what we are getting this year is just something to hold us over or who knows it might be cool experience.

maybe they can be like forza and forza horizon. 1 year a lets go game, 2nd year a mainline pokemon game. and trade back in forth. more pokemon is better and more options for people who dont like the core games.

if next years pokemon game has the same graphics and top down view i wont defend it.

#18 Posted by LuxuryHeart (988 posts) -
@RSM-HQ said:

@luxuryheart:

They are going to make a core game dude. It's not that deep. They're either trying to turn Pokemon Go gamers into core Pokemon gamers, or they're making a whole new Pokemon series kind of like how Nintendo made a new Mario series-- at first it was only 2D Mario, but then 3D Mario came about alongside it. In that case, the Go series will be mainline, but not the only mainline game(s). In either of those cases I don't blame them. Pokemon Go has like 800 million downloads. Even a fraction of that audience is a big number. They aren't leaving core gamers behind, they're just expanding.

Besides, the E3 will still be nice. They might show some of that core Pokemon off, Smash, Metroid, etc.

#19 Posted by superbuuman (6369 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: lol yea..its long wait.

#20 Posted by Pcmasterrace69 (339 posts) -

I will keep playing ultra sun until they release a real pokemon game for switch.

#21 Edited by bgres077 (12587 posts) -

Not a big fan of the Go integration. Game seems quite shallow as well. Doesn't move the needle forward for the series as well, I guess we will have to wait until 2019 for that. I'll hold my decision to purchase until I see game play footage but this is looking like a pass for me.

The Pokemon Quest game available for Switch is a mobile game released on Switch. Decent time waster but I don't see myself spending much time with it.

Avatar image for turtlethetaffer
#22 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18737 posts) -

Zero interest in this. Been through Kanto too many times now, and it's such blatant pandering to Go! players and people who are under the delusion that the only good generation is the first. Pass.

#23 Posted by Sepewrath (30044 posts) -

I dig the idea of going back to Kanto, the Pokemon existing outside of grass and riding Pokemon. Not so sure about the lack of battling Pokemon though, the whole GO style gameplay. I'll have to see how the game plays over an extended stretch before I commit to it.

#24 Posted by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -
@turtlethetaffer said:

Zero interest in this. Been through Kanto too many times now, and it's such blatant pandering to Go! players and people who are under the delusion that the only good generation is the first. Pass.

It's good when people see the problem. I really hope they feed us something from the '2019' game at e3.

Let's Go is clearly aimed at people who like to burn money.

#25 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18737 posts) -
@RSM-HQ said:
@turtlethetaffer said:

It's good when people see the problem. I really hope they feed us something from the '2019' game at e3.

Let's Go is clearly aimed at people who like to burn money.

To me it represents a problem the series as a whole has had fora while now, which is a reliance on the old. I've enjoyed the new games well enough (just beat Ultra Moon today), but the past two generations have felt like they've been leaning too heavily on older Pokemon. Sure there are different forms and some new ones, but why in God's name, after seven generations, am I still fighting Zubats in caves?? I find that it helps to take a break between installments, because I remember playing White 2 directly after White and getting an overwhelming sense of deja vu. Plus, I'm someone who has games from most of the "sets", (although I gave most of my GBA Pokemon games to a friend) so being able to recatch old Pokemon in the new games doesn't do it for me like it does for others.

Say what you will about Gen V, but at the very least it forced players to use new Mon until the post game, which I respect greatly since it meant they had to get creative (personally, I really enjoyed gen V, particularly the first installments). Making players step out of their comfort zones was a smart move and is not something we will likely see replicated.

Which brings me to these Go! games. Not only is it only the original 151 (from what I've seen), but it's with LESS GAMEPLAY FEATURES THAN THE MAIN GAME. So not only is it just a bunch of Pokemon I've caught too many other times to count in a region I've played through more times than I can count, but it has less meat on its bones. And yet people are excited for this?? Give me a break.

#26 Posted by RiverboatRon (71 posts) -

Im just going to wait until Gen 8 comes out, presumably sometime in 2019 (along with Fire Emblem and Metroid Prime 4 hopefully. 2019 should be a huge year for the switch).

#27 Edited by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer: Old Mons are less a problem for me because I only got really interested in the series with Pokémon X/Y. And that's because Megas seems to be quite the game changer to me personally, and the appeal was in the online modes. Z-Moves add to this list as well, previously I never gave them much thought due to the lack of layers.

And while I can see people who have been playing since the original annoyed on the lack of variety in the Pokémon. I am pretty certain the games you're praising (Black and White) are still sprite based designs, and before everything went into 3D models on the 3DS. Certainly no excuses why Sun/ Moon didn't have 150 new mons, but I understand it in X/Y.

Even then, Sun/ Moon is likely my favorite because it ditched a lot of the fat I straight up don't like in the series, and yet the 3DS was clearly too weak a hardware to do everything they wanted, and is shown with missing buildings, areas, overall felt it should have been more.

It's partly why I'm pretty frustrated with this Let's Go_

They've made some clever choices since going in a whole 3D space. Now they can focus on more powerful hardware and adding a full roster as you would like. Which I agree would be cool. And we get a mobile game instead. . .

I'm happy with my team but would welcome less Zubats, Geodudes, Wingulls, etc for the 2019 game. And be attacked solely by new Pokémon. When I transfer my team it would be nice if they're viewed almost like aliens by comparison.

#28 Posted by rivia (46 posts) -

Curious about this game. I will buy it if it's under $40,.

#29 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18737 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: The main reason I'm praising gen V (which yes was sprite based, it was the gen right before 3D) is that in the original Black and White, there were absolutely NO old Mons until after you beat the Elite 4. Sure, not every mon from that gen was great, but it felt fresh since it was all new mon.

#30 Edited by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -

@turtlethetaffer: Some information about the 2019 came to light recently from Tsunekazu Ishihara san; which has me hopeful but still being optimistic that it'll meet expectations is all we can do.

Hopefully they at least give us a taste at e3. While we wait.

#31 Posted by turtlethetaffer (18737 posts) -

@RSM-HQ: Fingers crossed they make full use of the new hardware.

#32 Edited by xwingz900 (27 posts) -

YAY! NOW I GET TO PLAY POKEMON GO AGAIN!! BUT THIS TIME IT'S $60!!!!!!! YAYY NINTENDO NEVER MAKES STUPID CHOICES!!!!!!!!

Seriously what the actual **** is this game, was hopeful until I saw GO mechanics and integration. Haven't we already beaten that game into the ground? Did we really need Kanto again, it's a little late for the 20th anniversary and I was honestly looking forward to a Gen 4 remake. (Incoming fanboys to call me a Gen 1 hater) Wow these are some of the worst years for Nintendo; destroy every one of your series and watch it still sell like hotcakes.

#33 Edited by KBFloYd (21230 posts) -

some actual gameplay. not as barebones as some thought? cool to actually see pokemon in the wild populating the world.

@RSM-HQ

Loading Video...

#34 Edited by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -

@KBFloYd: Already saw this, I followed Nintendo closely in hopes for anything related to 2019 game.

not as barebones as some thought?

Actually it looks precisely as bare-boned as expected. Ontop the lack of wild battles and EXP Go style my complaints only increased.

Animations seem a step back from the last 3DS titles. And what they've done to the rival replacing Blue with some go-happy wimp? . .

Not into it dood. But help yourself.

I'm passed hating on this game though, Smash Ultimate saved Nintendos e3 ass this year. That game is extreme hype!

#35 Posted by Coolyfett (5878 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:

interesting. they are giving us a remake first. then the next series "gen 8" pokemon game comes in 2019.

plus the pokemon free to play game... 3 pokemon titles in 2 years! this is why nintendo expects to sell 20million switches.

Didnt they say it is not a full on remake, but is inspired by Yellow? There should be many new features there that were not in the old Gameboy title.

#36 Posted by Coolyfett (5878 posts) -

@KBFloYd said:
@RSM-HQ said:

if this were the only pokemon game then maybe i'd be salty but dude they havnt shown any real gameplay or nothing. just a trailer. so i am not going to go full hate mode like others over a trailer.

ill wait till the game comes out and decide if it sucks then. or until i see more gameplay before release.

i mean they got another game right around the corner next year claiming to be a true core game. so instead of being let down i go right back to the waiting game.

Nintendo seems to have invested a lot in this. Custom controllers, custom bundles & GO integration. Would they normally do that for just a "filler" game? Is this not the first official Pokemon game on the Switch?

#37 Edited by RSM-HQ (7641 posts) -

@Coolyfett:

Would they normally do that for just a "filler" game? Is this not the first official Pokemon game on the Switch?

Actually Pokémon Quest and Pokkén Tournament already exist and are in the same boat, then considering this was shown after the Pokémon Let's Go announcement-

I would state with confidence, it's self explanatory.

They're selling junk with Pokémon Let's Go, as they did with Pokkén Tournament but addressing its market which is both hugely bigger and more gullible. They know many of the Pokémon Go fanbase will eat it up, as they did micro-transactions.

If you are committed to believe it's not filler, I recommend you also play the other two already available on Switch while I wait for the core game.

I'm not trying to push you away from preference, if you want it? hope it's good for you. But doesn't change that it's filler and anyone with common sense knows it.

#38 Edited by KBFloYd (21230 posts) -

@Coolyfett said:
@KBFloYd said:
@RSM-HQ said:

Nintendo seems to have invested a lot in this. Custom controllers, custom bundles & GO integration. Would they normally do that for just a "filler" game? Is this not the first official Pokemon game on the Switch?

ok...now that we know more...-----

yes, its the first console pokemon. But it is like a remake of pokemon yellow. also its not a complete hardcore pokemon experience. it is a bit more casual meant for "everyone" to enjoy.

at first i was let down it was not the true next pokemon game (thats coming). however what ive seen i really liked. the only pokemon games ive beat are pokemon yellow and pokemon silver. i played like half of pokemon emerald.

anyway i have missed a lot of pokemon since then and im excited to jump in this casual one to experience most of the things ive missed. for super hardcore pokemon fans like @RSM-HQ its a step backwards for him. while for casual fans its a step forward and a step in the door.

#39 Posted by Mandzilla (2706 posts) -

I'm really looking forward to this one. :)

Avatar image for yellowducky2018
#40 Posted by yellowducky2018 (45 posts) -

Yay EEVE is back,Goo Evee!!