my nintendo online NES game hype just deflated

#1 Edited by KBFloYd (21229 posts) -

So i pay my subscription. i download the nes app.

only to see that its with friends only. no online strangers! what?? noooooooo

#2 Posted by xwingz900 (27 posts) -

Well that sucks, good thing I didn't waste my money on it! ;D

#3 Posted by mk_1 (25 posts) -

The subscription service as a whole, seems alright at the price it's going for. That's not to say it doesn't need some refinement, some of the things that are lacking should be standard in 2018 i.e cloud saves not being deleted if your subscription expires. I'll be on the fence until there's more content to entice me to part with some money.

#4 Posted by ArchoNils2 (10256 posts) -

I will not get this service until they allow us to backup ALL games. Don't give me this "chaters can abuse it" nonsense when the same multiplat games can be backuped by USB or Cloud on the PS4.

#5 Posted by Solaryellow (4556 posts) -

Hold up. When Nintendo says you can play Hockey online with others, it's only somewhat true being that it's with friends only? Jesus Christ Nintendo. People want off the teat already.

#6 Posted by Terrencec06 (4018 posts) -

I'm salty about the online service period. I just wanted virtual console where I can just buy the games I want.

#7 Posted by sirkibble2 (981 posts) -
@Solaryellow said:

Hold up. When Nintendo says you can play Hockey online with others, it's only somewhat true being that it's with friends only? Jesus Christ Nintendo. People want off the teat already.

Wait, that's what it's actually saying? Oh Lord. That's bad.

#8 Posted by JustPlainLucas (78989 posts) -
@KBFloYd said:

So i pay my subscription. i download the nes app.

only to see that its with friends only. no online strangers! what?? noooooooo

So much for me finding a challenge in Super Dodge Ball... all my friends suck at it.

#9 Posted by Solaryellow (4556 posts) -

I turned off the auto-renew so I'm not paying after the trial week expires. Right now it doesn't seem like I need it.

#10 Posted by Litchie (22879 posts) -

Nintendos online that sounded shit from the beginning turns out to be shit. Not sure about you guys, but I'm not shocked.

#11 Posted by Solaryellow (4556 posts) -

@Litchie said:

Nintendos online that sounded shit from the beginning turns out to be shit. Not sure about you guys, but I'm not shocked.

Shocked? A bit. The service is 100% bare bones. It's difficult believing a successful game company could be as obtuse as ti is regarding an online service.

#12 Posted by dzimm (5132 posts) -

What people say: "What? Nintendo's online service only allows me to play with my friends? No random co-op? That sucks!"

What I hear: "I don't have any friends."

#13 Posted by KBFloYd (21229 posts) -

@dzimm said:

What people say: "What? Nintendo's online service only allows me to play with my friends? No random co-op? That sucks!"

What I hear: "I don't have any friends."

yea, bro people with friends and are original 80s fans are having a good time right now.

It just sucks that i can't. i suppose it's my fault i have no friends. don't want to tell my life story. i was hoping nintendo would help out losers like me.

Avatar image for Eikichi-Onizuka
#14 Posted by Eikichi-Onizuka (9164 posts) -

I'm sure there are others in the same position you could exchange friend codes with. It is weird they would limit it to friends only though. I don't plan to get the online service until December for Smash.

#15 Posted by VFighter (4173 posts) -

@dzimm: Wow that's really dumb, even if youre trolling that's really dumb.

#16 Posted by Nuck81 (7113 posts) -

Yeah I was pretty disappointed in that as well