#1 Posted by jbfitz (29 posts) -

sit 30 sec though ad to watch few minute video, then another 30 sec add prior to next video, again just a few minutes per vid, and again and again. That's more advertising per minute of entertainment than TV. I preferred paying an annual fee. My time is too valuable and there are plenty of other option to find what I want. Time to move on, good bye Gamespot. You once meant something to me.

#2 Posted by Macutchi (6340 posts) -

yeah i don't bother with gs videos any more because of this.

it's bad enough the site is so bloated it takes around 30 seconds or longer before a video even begins to load, they then add insult to injury with a 30 sec ad. it's a horrible user experience. my guess is the gs development team doesn't have any choice / say in the matter

#3 Posted by wemmick (359 posts) -

@Macutchi: We are constantly pushing our Sales folks to get shorter ads, and most are 15 seconds these days, so I think we're making progress, but indeed some 30-sec stuff still gets in there sometimes. Over time, we're hoping advertisers will get more savvy to requirements on the Internet and make sure to have 15 second ads available, but sadly we aren't quite there yet.

#4 Edited by glencrayton (5 posts) -

aw

#5 Edited by Olivia9051 (1 posts) -

It will be better to disable the add notification for the game to get rid of this long add during playing the game. Or you may directly report on

http://driver.support/brother-printers-support/

to stop that unwanted long add.

#6 Posted by DaVillain- (32431 posts) -

@wemmick said:

@Macutchi: We are constantly pushing our Sales folks to get shorter ads, and most are 15 seconds these days, so I think we're making progress, but indeed some 30-sec stuff still gets in there sometimes. Over time, we're hoping advertisers will get more savvy to requirements on the Internet and make sure to have 15 second ads available, but sadly we aren't quite there yet.

I don't mind ads these days but 30 seconds is really pushing the limits. I would like to see ads only for games, pc, or stuff like that but outside ads has nothing to do with gaming needs to take a hike.